Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!!

Anyone want to speculate about why they are meeting?
Thinking.......
Thinking.......
.......hmmmmm

Could he have been surveiling the Anthony home while his RV was parked out front? I'm betting that he has gathered some type of evidence. ...:)

I heard they were getting together to discuss WS. :innocent:

Tricia you are the best for confirming this for us... well you are the best anyway, lol.... they may have had to travel to California if it is a deposition of some kind. That would need to be done officially and not over the phone. I am feeling better all the time that this will be charged before too long.
Can they do a deposition on something that is not charged yet? I'm not sure that would be the case, but i'm not a lawyer. And why the visit, not a phone call taped for interview?

Could he have been surveiling the Anthony home while his RV was parked out front? I'm betting that he has gathered some type of evidence. ...:)
but then again, they have the fox webcam???

bet it's something to do with phone records. Baez and Anthony's raising hades about them having them? Yuri needs to clear the air so it doesn't cause a problem for a future trial?

?'s

Could the Padillas also have overheard anything from the Anthony's in relation to the TES search? I vaguely recall reading somewhere (probably on here, so please don't ask me for the specific link,) something to do with the Padilla's noting the Anthony's behaviors in regards to the search. OK, I might be reaching here, but if by chance, they overheard something deliberately planted, (i.e. the sudden TX Caylee sighting,) could Melich also be gathering info for obstruction charges against the Anthony's?

Please help out on this one, die-hard Padilla fans. Aside from specifics about Caylee and Casey and evidence in the neglect case, what do you recall from Padilla interviews and statements that might be evidence towards obstruction charges on the Anthony's?

why would he go to ca to meet with them? was it just confirmed he was going to ca, or ca to meet with lp?

I heard they were getting together to discuss WS. :innocent:
Yes and Tony better be putting in a good word with Yuri for me. LOL

I think it probably is to take witness statements from them. It is up to the OCSD to fly to them when taking depositions or statements. The Padillas have no reason to return to Florida until they are legally required to appear in court. Yuri will be interviewing everyone who came into contact with Casey.

All I can really remember him saying is that the world will be shocked...and something about the dumpster - but I can't remember if these two things were connected.

wonder why YM is heading to Cali instead of Padilla heading to Florida?

LP had mentioned some of the phone records he's obtained, and while I'm sure that LE has the same records, maybe LP has put something together in regards to those phone records. He's also been insistent about the dumpster at the Amscot center.

It sounds like something that has to be dealt with in person rather than over the phone.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Thank you to kwmred and to Tricia for this new news.
This is encouraging to hear.

wonder why YM is heading to Cali instead of Padilla heading to Florida?

Possible to kill two birds with one stone....to meet with Padilla and the guy in the service that she had said she has some important news to tell him

Hmmmm. Very unusual. Why not simply do a recorded telephone interview???? This has me stumped.

LP had mentioned some of the phone records he's obtained, and while I'm sure that LE has the same records, maybe LP has put something together in regards to those phone records. He's also been insistent about the dumpster at the Amscot center.

It sounds like something that has to be dealt with in person rather than over the phone.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

yes I get that.. I'm just wondering why Padilla isn't heading to Florida instead of YM heading to Cali... I mean, YM has got to be up to his eyeballs with Casey BS and trying to work on the Caylee case

I wonder if Lee really has been in touch with him..LP had said in one interview that Lee was in contact with him..then remember he said on Nancy Grace he had not been in contact with Lee..wonder if LE asked him to retract that Lee had been calling and thats why he changed and said he had not been talking to Lee..I still wonder if it was Lee who called in the tip about GA having the gun.. :waitasec:

IIRC, it was Tony Padilla (Not his Uncle Leonard) who Lee was calling on a daily basis.

I am thinking this is something that has surfaced since they left Florida, and going over the info they had resulted in something pretty new to the case and YM will meet with them and also the guy in the Marines who Casey was in touch with. Maybe they spoke to the guy in the Marines and he added something to some tidbit they had already gleaned at the Anthony residence..and YM needs an offical statement from them all.

TY Tricia for following this up for us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back