Sidebar Discussion #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Good morning Sidebar Peeps!

Carry on (but keep the cacophonous laughter down to a dull roar please, as we're getting lots of calls from neighboring threads).

Noms:

nh-crillon-breakfast-buffet-big.jpg

http://www.friendlyplanet.com/media/gallery/hotels/south_america/argentina/nh_crillon/nh-crillon-breakfast-buffet-big.jpg?title=NH%20Crillon%20breakfast%20buffet

Beyond noms:

mimosas-7.jpg

http://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/valleygirlblog/wp-content/uploads/mimosas-7.jpg

Thank you ynotdivein. That looks so cool and refreshing and it is going to be a hot one out today.

Hot diggitidy...mimosas, frootz and a cool pool....woohoo! Thanks, ynotdivein!!

I was in the middle of posting a reply to grammieto5 when that sidebar was closed...whoops! grammie, in response to your observation that sweet Caylee looked drugged in those photos, I agree.

She had tired eyes, old eyes...like a young child who has already seen too much in her brief life. It makes me so sad. And angry, all over again! That's why I keep coming back to WS...I just can't let go of that anger over justice denied, and I know Websleuthers (at least the majority) feel the same anger and frustration and sadness.

That said, I am enjoying the heck out of mocking Baez's attempts to cash in on this horrible tragedy by continuing to spew lie after lie, laughing in the face of the system. Yo, listen up, Mr. Baez...get off your high horse. At the rate your book is selling, pretty soon you'll be doing book signings at Dollar Tree...at 400 pages, your work of crime fiction (read: :moo:) should make a pretty good doorstop, if nothing else.

Someone refresh my memory, was there a "goodwill bag" placed on the floor by something as told by Cindy?

I knew I had read something about "Goodwill" - found this so far. Go to page 4 of this:
http://www.momlogic.com/cdn/v3/pdf/casey_anthony_docs/april_6/casey_evidence.pdf

Also, I think it was speculated by some that there was a goodwill bag in the garage by where the extra laundry bags were stored. (Saw that in a comment by someone while looking for CA and goodwill)

That is all I can think of - so what is their point? Why is it being mentioned???

YES tired and sooo old. There is no sparkle there. I think it's wonderful the way everyone jumps on JB's lies!!!! And I love the humor some use in dealing with JB's lies, sometimes we really need that humor :). I wish the media would do the same. I know what you mean about the anger. It just amazes me the way some people just go along with the lies. It reminds me of The Emperor's New Clothes.

this is a post by noddy from a few pages pack in the last thread

Kathy Reichs is a friend of his. There was a picture of them together sometime during the trial at the forensics conference I believe.

regarding grisham's "probably" comment...someone refresh my memory on who kathy reichs is? I'm not like a slathering fan of grisham but of his work I've read I liked him well enough, and that comment turned my stomach a little, I cant help it. I just could never bring myself to support somebody that stupid. I dont think I would buy another of his books again.

I know I am so over-dramatic :) but if that <censored> of a verdict taught me anything at all, it's that I abhor stupidity.

Good morning Sidebar Peeps!

Carry on (but keep the cacophonous laughter down to a dull roar please, as we're getting lots of calls from neighboring threads).

Noms:

nh-crillon-breakfast-buffet-big.jpg

http://www.friendlyplanet.com/media/gallery/hotels/south_america/argentina/nh_crillon/nh-crillon-breakfast-buffet-big.jpg?title=NH%20Crillon%20breakfast%20buffet

Beyond noms:

mimosas-7.jpg

http://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/valleygirlblog/wp-content/uploads/mimosas-7.jpg

:floorlaugh: Well we will try hard to keep the raucous laughter down, but it's hard watching Baez's book numbers free-falling!

this is a post by noddy from a few pages pack in the last thread

regarding grisham's "probably" comment...someone refresh my memory on who kathy reichs is? I'm not like a slathering fan of grisham but of his work I've read I liked him well enough, and that comment turned my stomach a little, I cant help it. I just could never bring myself to support somebody that stupid. I dont think I would buy another of his books again.

I know I am so over-dramatic :) but if that <censored> of a verdict taught me anything at all, it's that I abhor stupidity.

She is the forensic scientist best known for the "bones" series and her books about murders...which are fiction.
Baez asked her to consult but she was in holidays in Bermuda ? -no that's not right - somewhere that she wasn't available to him when he wanted her.

My guess is she was another one who wouldn't work for free ...

Bringing RH post from the last thread by copy and pasting -

So let me get this straight, because DOC says Casey Anthony is still on probation; she is still on probation. This being the same DOC that originally said she was not on probation.

Well this is all I can say, Casey is free to continue reporting to probation and probation is free to keep meeting with her, but if she were to violate after July 17, 2012, the Court would be without jurisdiction to punish her.

Jones v. State, 954 So. 2d 675 - (Fla. 4th DCA 2007) is a very analogous case (second to last paragraph sums it up).

And just to be clear, Judge Perry's order (page 2) reiterates that Casey's probation started when she was released from jail. He only ordered her to start reporting (due to DOC leading her to believe she did not have to report), he never said her probation started August 22 (or whenever).

Finally, the only way I could ever "prove" I am right and DOC is wrong would be if:

Her attorneys filed a motion arguing my position now (which they probably don't see a need to do); or
DOC filed a Violation of Probation affidavit and her attorneys defended on the grounds I state exist.

I will take RH's assumption of FCA's release date over any of her attorneys' claims.

This kind of brings a little more credence to the exclusive released but taken back overnight. Wonder what really happened that night? Could FCA be back in Ohio again?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ified-driver-who-ran-down-two-women-exclusive

Well you are all sitting around stuffed on A_News_Junkies crash and burn cookies and Jose's new numbers flailing around at the 1250 mark - I thought just for the heck of it I'd show you how much we appreciate the book here in Canada!!

......... :floorlaugh: .......... :floorlaugh: .......CA Sales Rank: 3678 in books

As you can see, we love your shifty lawyers up here!!!:woohoo:

Bringing RH post from the last thread by copy and pasting -

I will take RH's assumption of FCA's release date over any of her attorneys' claims.

This kind of brings a little more credence to the exclusive released but taken back overnight. Wonder what really happened that night? Could FCA be back in Ohio again?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ified-driver-who-ran-down-two-women-exclusive

Ermmm - RH has made one or two errors in the past....:innocent: I'm not sure the DOC would release a lie would they when they could just say no comment at all....

Ermmm - RH has made one or two errors in the past....:innocent: I'm not sure the DOC would release a lie would they when they could just say no comment at all....

They don't seem all that "together" to me. I don't think they would intentionally lie, but didn't they get a lot wrong at the beginning. And they sure aren't holding her to any "requirements".

True on both points. RH has made some blunders. The DOC has seemed to protect FCA throughout this whole year so why would both the DOC and her attorneys try to make sure that everyone knows of her "release" date when her life would be in danger if anyone knew the date?

I was trying to get to make some kind of sense as to why the Radar exclusive came out. Usually any stories from Radar about her have been released by an insider. If she was released, it would make sense for her to be back in Ohio where she could walk the streets. Maybe she was in the vehicle, just not the driver? I would like to see a police report on the accident if it did indeed happen.

I have been searching for DAYS for an actual link to the order and finally stumbled upon it today. Judge Perry's order reads:

"The Defendant, Casey Marie Anthony, is hereby ordered to report to the Department of Corrections no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 26, 2011, but she may choose to report earlier. Ms. Anthony's one year of supervised probation is to begin on the day she reports to probation."

Casey then reported for the first time on August 24, 2011. By my calculations, the reports of her probation still being in effect until August 23, 2012 are correct.

You can read the order here: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/hi...o Quash, Vacate, & Set Aside Courts Order.pdf

True on both points. RH has made some blunders. The DOC has seemed to protect FCA throughout this whole year so why would both the DOC and her attorneys try to make sure that everyone knows of her "release" date when her life would be in danger if anyone knew the date?

I was trying to get to make some kind of sense as to why the Radar exclusive came out. Usually any stories from Radar about her have been released by an insider. If she was released, it would make sense for her to be back in Ohio where she could walk the streets. Maybe she was in the vehicle, just not the driver? I would like to see a police report on the accident if it did indeed happen.

I seem to remember that Mason said a couple of months ago it was August, and the DOC didn't say when she was released. If her report date to the DOC was in late July, and that's when her probation started, then in fact the end of her probation would be the end of August wouldn't it? And why was Greene chiming in to Kealing or was he the only one who answered the phone?

The issue for me is not whether or not she is out, but it's hard for me to believe she's out without some kind of sleazy media stunt to go along with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk