Urgent:The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing./FCC Finally Provides Answer

Dear Mr. Klaas-

I read with interest the proposal regarding providing an Amber Alert/Missing Persons TV channel to truckers at their imposed rest stops during their runs. I think that the idea of an appeal targeted towards those who spend thousands of hours on the road is brilliant-especially given the areas of the country that they cover. On any given year, there are 800K missing persons on the books of state, local and federal law enforcement agencies. These cases are historically the most expensive and labor intensive. George Bush and the Department of Justice pioneered the use of technology to solve these cases when the law was signed allowing for free DNA testing of families of the missing as well as the 47K unidentified decedents that are here in the US. It is time for others to do their part to utilize advancements in the area of media communications to highlight the plight of the missing.

All it will take to justify the cost will be one cold case solved, one family's wounds healed or one child rescued from certain death.

Thank you for being such a champion to the cause of the Missing!!
Sincerely,

I spoke to Marc earlier and he said the quality of the letters are the absolute best. Very articulate and very compelling. I am going to be changing my signature in a moment:)

We only have about 106 letters so far. Please don't give up. We can really make this happen.

Here is my vision for the future:

Websleuths helps Marc and Flying J get the Trucker's Network going, it becomes so popular that it goes to an Discovery or A&E. That is what I am hoping will happen.

We need a missing persons TV channel. Desperately.

Thank you and keep it up. Keep the letters coming.

Help! When I click the "Respond" button on Mr. Klaas's website, nothing happens. Is there another way I can send my letter?

Thank you Salem. I have been in touch with Marc and they are working on the problem.

Thanks again and keep the letters coming,

Love,
Tricia

Leave it to Websleuths posters to figure it out.

THANK YOU for your patience and not giving up.

Do you realize we can literally be a part of history? I truly believe the Trucker's Network will become A Network for missing people. One that we can all watch 24/7. IMO that is what the other networks are worried about.

Tricia

klaaskids@pacbell.net

HTopel@lermansenter.com

Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com

January - send it to the 3 email addresses above.

There is an error in the cc addresses on the original email reply form on Klaaskids, but either copy and paste these or just enter them manually and you should be good to go.

Thank you for writing!

Salem

Thanks Salem. With this additional information, I have bumped the message I posted at my single parents forum twice. I'm hoping for even a few replies or forwards from that group.

thanks again!

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

It's weird but it doesn't effect everyone. I had no problem with mine.

Thank you Salem! I sent in my letter. I also requested a television channel devoted to getting missing childrens' information out there. The more people to be aware, the better.

I spoke to Marc earlier and he said the quality of the letters are the absolute best. Very articulate and very compelling. I am going to be changing my signature in a moment:)

We only have about 106 letters so far. Please don't give up. We can really make this happen.

Here is my vision for the future:

Websleuths helps Marc and Flying J get the Trucker's Network going, it becomes so popular that it goes to an Discovery or A&E. That is what I am hoping will happen.

We need a missing persons TV channel. Desperately.

Thank you and keep it up. Keep the letters coming.

Hi,
I sent my letter today....
But..I do not think that the E-mail to : (the CC address) HTopel@lermansenter.com,Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com
went through..... Only e-mail to Marc went through.....
Is it because I have outlook?
I will try again... but Marc's e-mail did go through.....:waitasec:

klaaskids@pacbell.net

HTopel@lermansenter.com

Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com

January - send it to the 3 email addresses above.

There is an error in the cc addresses on the original email reply form on Klaaskids, but either copy and paste these or just enter them manually and you should be good to go.

Thank you for writing!

Salem

Excellent Salem - I have been totally unable to get anything to happen by clicking on the reply in the link for Klaaskids. You are the best for spelling it out so clearly.
Eleph

Just sent one from mine and one from hubby's email account. I really hope this helps!! Thank you Salem for the email you posted, didn't copy it verbatim, but it helped me start off!!!

Here is my letter:

I believe there is a war on women and children going on and by these agencies blocking something so simple, and easy to put into use,that shows how big this "conspiracy is".....Why put up such road blocks to stop something that could be so helpful..Be part of the solution to the "war on women and children in the USA" not part of the problem...Help Mark Klass with TRUCKER TV

I hope the count is going up!

Trying to think of some ways that would catch more attention from members:

What about setting a goal, like they do in meeting donations for United Way, etc.

Whatever is thought to be a reachable goal: 500, 1000, more?

Then have daily or at least weekly updates on the count. Maybe somebody who knows how can make one of those red thermometer thingees to show how far the goal is being reached, to give a visual. Suggested heading:

Every letter counts. Send yours today!

Sometimes people just think others are taking care of it and that their contribution will not help, this would show how much each letter counts and how many more are needed.

And there can be a little celebration when the goal is met. The admins could send everybody who sent a letter, thanks with a rose or a heart or a thumbs-up.

What do you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back