Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In session done on True TV, now where can we go to follow today???

6 minutes ago
In Session Judge Burmila questions the conclusions that might be drawn by this testimony. Greenberg: "This was specifically excluded by Judge White. This is now Number Three!" Patton: "If this isn't relevant, why did they bring it up during their opening statement?" Judge: "Why didn't you object?"

In Session Judge Burmila rules against the prosecution. "It isn't well-founded, and it isn't relevant." The witness and the jurors then return to the courtroom.

In Session Prosecutor Patton continues her direct examination by asking the witness about February 28, 2004. Mrs. Pontarelli says she saw Savio that afternoon (and then identifies Peterson in the courtroom). "Me and Kathy met up in front of my porch . . . she said that she had a great week at school, helped deliver a baby . . . she was studying to become a nurse." According to the witness, Savio said she was going to stay home and study that night (despite the witness' invitation to a party).

In Session The Pontarellis returned about midnight that night. "I made a comment to Tom, 'Wow, Kathy's still up.'. Because the light in her bedroom was on . . . I only remember the light in her bedroom."

In Session ‎"I said, 'She's still studying up there.'" She then identifies a photo of Savio's house. "Recall seeing any vehicles in her driveway?" "No, I did not."

In Session Prosecution: The following day, Sunday, Pontarelli asked her son, Nick, to contact Kathleen. But Kathleen responded to neither Nick's knock on the door nor to phone calls.

In Session On the evening of Monday, March 1, Peterson came to Pontarelli’s home. "He asked me if I'd heard from Kathleen that day . . . he said he'd tried to bring the kids back, but Kathleen still wasn't home."

In Session ‎"He asked me if he got a locksmith if I would go in the house with him . . . I tried to contact Kathy; it went straight to voicemail." "Were you concerned?" "Yes, I did . . . I called Drew and said I'd go in with him. I went outside, and the locksmith was already working on the door."

In Session Pontarelli: "When we went in, all the lights were off . . . Steve Carcerano and I went up the stairs toward Kathy's bedroom. He (Drew) was still down by the bottom of the steps." She believes Drew turned the first light on, but isn't positive.

In Session The witness identifies photos of the stairway, and of the doorway to Savio's bedroom. She entered the bedroom, but Savio wasn't there. The room was originally dark. Pontarelli says "I turned the light on".

In Session Mrs. Pontarelli now identifies a photograph of Savio's bedroom. "The first thing I noticed was the covers; it looked like someone was under the covers. I lifted them up, but there was no one there." At the same time, Steve Carcerano walked over to the bedroom, and then called her name.

In Session Mrs. Pontarelli identifies photos of Savio's bedroom and bed. She points out nursing books, which she says show Savio had been studying that night.

In Session The next photo shows the door to the bathroom. A second photo shows "the bathtub, where we found Kathy... when he called out my name, I went into the bathroom and seen Kathy in the tub. I ran out of the bathroom, threw myself down, and started screaming." The witness starts to cry as she identifies a photograph of Savio in the tub.

The trial is not going well for the state because the judge keeps ruling against them, declaring that everything is either not relevant or the state should have objected during opening statements.

If the judge refuses to allow the state to show a pattern of escalating behaviors culminating in Kathleen's death (murder) then yes, the state will probably not be able to get a conviction.

CLTV will air nightly updates about the ongoing high-profile trial of accused wife murder Drew Peterson. Each night from 7:00pm-7:30pm, CLTV will air the nightly news special "The Drew Peterson Trial."

The half-hour live news program begins on July 31st and will run daily through the duration of the trial, as long as the court trial was in session for that day. Each show will look at the latest developments in the trial from earlier in that particular day, as well as taking a look ahead to the next day's courtroom proceedings.

"The Drew Peterson Trial" will be hosted by WGN-TV news anchor/reporter Lourdes Duarte (pictured below). Joining her each day will be in-studio legal experts to help analyze the events of this potentially important trial. Additionally, phone lines will be opened so viewers will have the opportunity to voice their opinions and ask questions of the experts.

Airings of "The Drew Peterson Trial" will preempt the 7:00pm-7:30pm airing of "CLTV Evening Edition." After the end of the Peterson trial, "CLTV Evening Edition" newscasts will return.

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/new...-nightly-news-special-the-drew-peterson-trial

The trial is not going well for the state because the judge keeps ruling against them, declaring that everything is either not relevant or the state should have objected during opening statements.

If the judge refuses to allow the state to show a pattern of escalating behaviors culminating in Kathleen's death (murder) then yes, the state will probably not be able to get a conviction.

:seeya: Thank You for this update, which does not sound very good right now ...

:waitasec: What is wrong with this judge and his decisions ? :banghead:

I really wish there were LIVE cameras in the courtroom ... :waitasec: On second thought, I don't know if I could watch after hearing this ...

:moo:

The first day is over and I tell you, I am NOT working this hard to follow it...IS till 3pm, then trying to catch up on the rest of the day by following tweets....we DO need a new channel to follow nothing but court cases ALL DAY LONG, not just till 3pm. Holy canole.

I don't know if there is anything wrong with the judge's decisions and rulings, aside from the fact that we don't like them. Are they legally correct? That's the salient question.

While watching InSession I did see a representative for the Stacy Peterson family.
Do we know if Kathleen's family is at the trial?
Are Kathleen's sons there?
Are DP adult children there? from 1st wife?
Thanks

The old Baez trick- "baffle them with BS", the defense will lose the jurors interest, perhaps, with all the in/out, objections, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa