OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually went through my mind believe it or not. Not that particular case of course but that maybe someone had intentions set on the daughter. It is very sad. It would be wonderful if they did want to disappear and they are safe and happy and together somewhere.

Did the family have any friends? We've heard nothing from any of their friends and hardly a mouthful from Sherilynn's mother.
You'd think the mother would want to keep the case in the media so that their is pressure on LE to work harder to solve it.
This family deserves to be found.

How many people knew they were going to look at land that day?
How did they find out about the land being for sale?

Apparently, they were loners. I've only seen one post on the Topix boards from someone claiming to have been a friend (of the wife). Agreed, it's odd that the family isn't raising a stir, but maybe some of them sided with the father against whom the son filed suit (and for a protective order) in the OKC gas station case.

I can't find any new media articles about this family. Looks like the last one might have been on November 3rd. I am going to go back and search the links this evening and see if I can find a contact that I can email and inquire about this case. Seems like they are just being forgotten unless the Sheriff can get a tip or lead.

I can't find any new media articles about this family. Looks like the last one might have been on November 3rd. I am going to go back and search the links this evening and see if I can find a contact that I can email and inquire about this case. Seems like they are just being forgotten unless the Sheriff can get a tip or lead.

Hasn't been anything in OK about it in weeks, it seems. Like the sheriff said, it's like they got out of their vehicle and vanished off the face of the earth---and without drawing very much attention, at that. Sad.

I wish we knew for a fact where the money was found, whether in plain sight or hidden.

<...>

Yes, I agree, it would be great to have that answer. And confirmation on how much and in what denominations. I read that a 1" stack of hundred dollar bills = $23,200 if bills are flat.

What I am wondering is, did they feel the money was safer in a locked car than with them, in pockets or a bag?

Did they mistrust the locals they met, and is that why they locked the vehicle? But then, if they were suspicious of the locals it wouldn't make sense to leave the money in the car, even locked.

Did they just lock it because that's their habit? Some people always lock the car doors, no matter where they are going or for how short a time.

Yes, I agree, it would be great to have that answer. And confirmation on how much and in what denominations. I read that a 1" stack of hundred dollar bills = $23,200 if bills are flat.

What I am wondering is, did they feel the money was safer in a locked car than with them, in pockets or a bag?

Did they mistrust the locals they met, and is that why they locked the vehicle? But then, if they were suspicious of the locals it wouldn't make sense to leave the money in the car, even locked.

Did they just lock it because that's their habit? Some people always lock the car doors, no matter where they are going or for how short a time.

LOL, I was given this link for what a trillion dollars would look like, starts out showing 10K.http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

True, about locking a car, I do that also....even in my own garage - habit, I'm afraid if I don't do it ALL the time, I'd forget other times.

Here again, if they hadn't plan to go far, no need to lock it. imho

LOL, I was given this link for what a trillion dollars would look like, starts out showing 10K.http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

True, about locking a car, I do that also....even in my own garage - habit, I'm afraid if I don't do it ALL the time, I'd forget other times.

After thinking it over awhile, I'd say that most of us in Oklahoma lock our cars regularly. The Jamisons had moved to Eufaula from Oklahoma City not long before this, and were probably in the habit of locking a vehicle as they'd lived in the city.

Wow, I had no idea how much space a trillion dollars would take up.

Another thought about the car is that maybe they were trying to protect the dog.

I am not one to lock my car but, in thinking, the only time I ever do lock it (other than if there's something of value inside) is when my dog is in the car and I'm running into the store or bank for a minute. Then I lock it only because I worry about him escaping if anyone were to come along and for some reason open the door.

Apparently, they were loners. I've only seen one post on the Topix boards from someone claiming to have been a friend (of the wife). Agreed, it's odd that the family isn't raising a stir, but maybe some of them sided with the father against whom the son filed suit (and for a protective order) in the OKC gas station case.

How long ago did the Jamisons move to Eufala from Oklahoma city? Did they have any problems with anyone there?
At what point (when) did the man who lived with them for a year (LE was looking to question) live with the Jamisons and where?
Did they have friends, enemies in Okla city when they lived there?

It's so odd that Sherilynn moves her mother to Eufala to be away from the stepfather and then her mother doesn't notice it odd that she doesn't hear from her for 2 weeks...

I really think that if LE can find out exactly who knew the Jamisons were going to look for land that day, this case can be solved.
Someone had to know they'd be there looking at land.

If not, it is a random crime. Someone saw them and by chance victimized them. If it is random, i would think that the perp is local.

Ok, so if I was going to look at a LARGE piece of land and I knew that I had a bad back and a child I would still want to "see the land". Maybe the land owner or who ever was showing the property had a ranger or some other sort of UTV that could carry them. Maybe they went for a ride and got lost or fell off a cliff? I am thinking that as wooded as it is it would be hard to see with all the trees. Maybe now that all the leaves are off the tree they could see better.

IMO if I had that much money in my car I would lock it, regardless of where I lived. Hell if I have anything over $10 I lock my car and I live and work in VERY rural area in Michigan. But another possibility would be the dog locked itself in. I know my dog has rolled down the window and escaped on her own. She looks out the window and steps on the button and away she goes.

If I had a bad back why would I chose to move into a converted cargo container and live a frontier lifestyle in a rugged remote location?

If I had a bad back why would I chose to move into a converted cargo container and live a frontier lifestyle in a rugged remote location?

They are private people and love the outdoors. I wouldn't ever let a physical health problem stop me from something i wanted to do. If Bobby let his back problems win, then he wouldn't be able to enjoy things he wanted to do.
It's 4 wheel drive vehicle accessible. They also don't specify the nature of his back problems.
However i don't see how a back problem should stop someone from wanting to live somewhere.
They buy land first, then have it developed, it wouldn't be so "rugged" then.
Life in the country is good for the health and soul.

Any locals that or residents of Oklahoma that might know the local news agencies for Latimer County? I am not having a heck of a lot of luck here. I sent out an inquiry yesterday to an editor at the McAlester News Capitol and haven't heard a word. I will give it until Monday. I located a video interview with Sheriff Beauchamp conducted by Latoya Silmon from News on 6 and I have written and inquired with her.
I also thought I would just contact Latimer County Sheriffs office directly to inquire and searched for a website and came up empty. Does anyone know if there is one? The only thing I have found is an address and a phone number for Sheriff Israel Beauchamp but I was hoping there would be someone who might have another method?

I did find some interesting tidbits while searching for info, most might have been posted but I guess it doesn't hurt to do an update for those who might have missed it.

* Jamysons have been missing since October 7, Reported missing on October 17, 10 day head start
*Sheriffs office has interviewed family, particularly a female cousin and Connie K., Sherilynns mother

Link~http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11377285

snip~A lot of worry, wondering if they're still alive, wondering why they can't find them. I'm just praying to God, to everybody, that they are alive and that they can come back home," said Connie Kokotan, Sherilynn Jamison's mother.

Kokotan says her daughter's family loved the outdoors, and the Latimer County sheriff says they were looking to buy 40 acres of land in the area where they disappeared.

Kokotan also says investigators are looking for a man who lived with the family last summer in their Eufaula home.

"Nothing makes sense. I don't even understand why they were up that far, away from their home," said Connie Kokotan.

The sheriff says that part of the county is very dangerous, with rocky terrain and thick trees. It's very easy to get lost.~ end

I asked the journalist doing the interview if the name of the man that was living with the Jamyson's over the summer has been made public, hopefully she will answer back soon. Here is a link for anyone else that might want to ask anything:

* Dog was in the truck for a period of 10 days, Even without knowing when he last ate, it is pretty amazing he made it 10 days without water. JMO

IMO if I had that much money in my car I would lock it, regardless of where I lived. Hell if I have anything over $10 I lock my car and I live and work in VERY rural area in Michigan. But another possibility would be the dog locked itself in. I know my dog has rolled down the window and escaped on her own. She looks out the window and steps on the button and away she goes.

Good thought! The poor thing was probably standing looking out the windows for its owners, one of it's paws could have hit the lock button!

Any locals that or residents of Oklahoma that might know the local news agencies for Latimer County? I am not having a heck of a lot of luck here. I sent out an inquiry yesterday to an editor at the McAlester News Capitol and haven't heard a word. I will give it until Monday. I located a video interview with Sheriff Beauchamp conducted by Latoya Silmon from News on 6 and I have written and inquired with her.
I also thought I would just contact Latimer County Sheriffs office directly to inquire and searched for a website and came up empty. Does anyone know if there is one? The only thing I have found is an address and a phone number for Sheriff Israel Beauchamp but I was hoping there would be someone who might have another method?

I did find some interesting tidbits while searching for info, most might have been posted but I guess it doesn't hurt to do an update for those who might have missed it.

* Jamysons have been missing since October 7, Reported missing on October 17, 10 day head start
*Sheriffs office has interviewed family, particularly a female cousin and Connie K., Sherilynns mother

Link~http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11377285

snip~A lot of worry, wondering if they're still alive, wondering why they can't find them. I'm just praying to God, to everybody, that they are alive and that they can come back home," said Connie Kokotan, Sherilynn Jamison's mother.

Kokotan says her daughter's family loved the outdoors, and the Latimer County sheriff says they were looking to buy 40 acres of land in the area where they disappeared.

Kokotan also says investigators are looking for a man who lived with the family last summer in their Eufaula home.

"Nothing makes sense. I don't even understand why they were up that far, away from their home," said Connie Kokotan.

The sheriff says that part of the county is very dangerous, with rocky terrain and thick trees. It's very easy to get lost.~ end

I asked the journalist doing the interview if the name of the man that was living with the Jamyson's over the summer has been made public, hopefully she will answer back soon. Here is a link for anyone else that might want to ask anything:

* Dog was in the truck for a period of 10 days, Even without knowing when he last ate, it is pretty amazing he made it 10 days without water. JMO

Thank you, i was looking for the video with the mother!! Connie Cokotan doesn't come off as that shocked, however the other relative seems a lot more upset. Connie needs to be making media pleas, she isn't at all.
She shows lack of emotion, in contrast to Charla Heffley who is very upset and crying and she can hardly get her words out. Charla Heffley is Bobby's cousin.
Link to direct video (little commerical prior)
http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&clipId=4241492&autostart=true

Something is wrong with Sherilynn's mother's reaction. She doesn't even seem phazed at all. If Sherilynn went through the trouble of moving her mother closer to her due to the funds stealing step father, then you'd think at least she'd have noticed her missing for 2 weeks. You'd think she'd be more wary as she already lost one daughter to a bee sting.
She needs to start pleaing to the media, or maybe LE should question her.
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11377285

Got a reply from Latoya Silmon, nothing new. Here is a entire response

snip~Hi Elle,

As of now no updates to report. You can click on Newson6.com and read all the stories associated with it. As for the friend, I don't believe that's been reported.

Latoya Silmon

KOTV

Anchor/Reporter

(918)732-6219 ~end

Darn it. I was hoping to get the name. Does anyone else get the idea that she knows the name but hasn't been allowed to release it? Seriously I think i could find out the name of this guy just by asking a neighbor. I think they are being asked not to report the name. Not necessarily because he is under suspicion but because they are still trying to find him.

What are you thoughts on doing a FOIA (freedom of information act) to get a copy of the police report. Any locals in the area?? Should get us more information.

What are you thoughts on doing a FOIA (freedom of information act) to get a copy of the police report. Any locals in the area?? Should get us more information.

That would be great is we could get a copy, will they give one through the FOIA even though the case is ungoing? Not sure how it works..

Elle, it would be awesome if we need the name of the man who lived with them for a year!

As for Connie Cokotan's reaction (or lack of reaction) maybe it is since she already lost one daughter? However i still find it strange and wish she would be making public pleas as to where the Jamison family went. I gather she wasn't that close with them? However i don't know.. Sherilynn did go through the trouble of moving the mother away from the stepfather who was using up her funds..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam