GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure she doesnt' snoop.....mercy.......she needed to take possession for the next tenant and She left the note on the outside once she saw Lauren hadn't moved, probably didnt' suspect she really shouldn't enter (without notice to tenant prior to entering) since she thought Lauren was going to be moved out already.

I'm sure you're right but we are all speculating all kinds of outlandish scenarios here...my imagination can run wild too! I think she'd probably caught wind of the fact that people were looking for Lauren and she just wanted to "check."

Thanks, and --this is so strange -- now it's there for me, too. the whole long interview. But I swear that when I first went to the link, the video was a much shorter one, just an excerpt from the long interview, and the whole part about Lauren/Stephen, about Kaitlyn meeting SM, etc., was not in it... weird. The whole thing that played when I first went to the link wasn't more than a couple of minutes long at the most.

Guess everybody will think I'm nuts or really incompetent now ...but for real, it happened!!

I don't think you're nuts! The same thing happened to me earlier today when I tried to watch it. It kept ending about a minute into the video.

I also have a lot of problems with buffering at that site. Not to mention the video's auto-load and play.

I don't think you're nuts! The same thing happened to me earlier today when I tried to watch it. It kept ending about a minute into the video.

Whew! Thanks for the confirmation!

I also have a lot of problems with buffering at that site. Not to mention the video's auto-load and play.

I think the one I first got was the edited version that played on the news (which I had watched on TV) -- now it's obviously the raw version. But what I can't understand is why GypsiesTramps&Thieves had seen the raw one, posted the link, then I got the short one when I went there! Unless maybe I had been to the page earlier and it didn't reload (I know I hadn't watched the video, but might have read the print on that page). Oh, well --

Great interview, though. Kaitlyn handles herself very well with the media, I think.

While reading that article this stood out to me. It contradicts the article that said LG died shortly before June 30th. I've also read posts about the smell around the trash can. This sounds like the torso was not in the freezer. How is it no one smelled anything before the 30th?

“The condition of the body is making positive identification difficult,” he said without elaborating. “We hope to have positive identification” Friday.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html#ixzz1TW5N7CxW

Still catching up sorry if this was already thoroughly discussed.. But my opinion of this specific quote posted ^above^ about the vondition of the body making it difficult for idenfltification has absolutely nothing to do with smell, time of death, level of decomp.. But rather has everything to do with their being no limbs, no head.. Nothing except for a torso.. This IMO would make it extremely difficult to identify and infact did make it difficult and it was only thru Lauren's hairbrush(I.e. Her hair) that made the DNA testing able to be completed to identify that the torso was Lauren..

Tomorrow when one of our legal experts is around ... If McD is charged, will we see the arrest warrant/affidavit of pc quickly? What is the likelihood a gag order will be issued?

A poster on Macon.c who claims to be a relative of LG's said "she felt no pain". Just thinking that went along with LG's mother's statement "she didn't know what hit her".

A poster on Macon.c who claims to be a relative of LG's said "she felt no pain". Just thinking that went along with LG's mother's statement "she didn't know what hit her".

I don't know what to make of those statements. It makes me wonder what they could have found in McD's apartment. Are we talking chloroform or something that puts you out, meaning he came up behind her and she never regained consciousness? In order to state this, LE must have some suspicions about how she was killed.

Since everyone said there was nothing to indicate a struggle, it would have to be a method that was not messy, kwim?

Thanks, and --this is so strange -- now it's there for me, too. the whole long interview. But I swear that when I first went to the link, the video was a much shorter one, just an excerpt from the long interview, and the whole part about Lauren/Stephen, about Kaitlyn meeting SM, etc., was not in it... weird. The whole thing that played when I first went to the link wasn't more than a couple of minutes long at the most.

Guess everybody will think I'm nuts or really incompetent now ...but for real, it happened!!

You're not crazy. It did the same thing to me and I thought the poster had put the wrong link in. lol

WoW am I a bit shocked at what I just stumbled upon.. In speaking of Laurem's family members alluding to Lauren's murder was possibly quick and/or painless I just typed into the google search box these exact words:
Murder method that would be the quickest and most painless death

And this is EXACTLY what popped up as my result..
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decapitation

I know! I know!..how would they be able to surmise that Lauren's death occurred due to decapatation instead of how most of us have been believing that would have been post mortem..

But WoW what a strange method that immediately pulled up from google search given we do know for a fact that whether pre or post mortem that Lauren was decapitated(boy that's hard to even type)..

Just wanted to share this strange happenstance with my google search..

In the scenario I have envisioned, SM did not place the torso there until the wee hours of Thursday morning .... some time after cops/friends left. Like, he knew the gig was up and had to do something quick, and trash collection was conveniently later that morning. This scenario assumes the torso had been stored in downstairs fridge for at least some of the time between Sunday and Thurs AM. My guess is it would still smell strongly even if only exposed out there for 6-8 hours, but I am no expert on decomp.

All MOO .... of course could be completely off.

I think the perp may have been desperate to get rid of the corpse at that point. But, I wonder if he thought that the smell of a decomposing (possibly, just thawing) corpse might blend with the odor of common household garbage...especially considering the hotly debated issue in the Casey Anthony trial, in which some witnesses claimed there was the stench of a decomposing body in the trunk of Casey's car, while others claimed there was no smell at all, or attributed a foul odor to the decaying garbage in the trunk.

WoW am I a bit shocked at what I just stumbled upon.. In speaking of Laurem's family members alluding to Lauren's murder was possibly quick and/or painless I just typed into the google search box these exact words:

I know! I know!..how would they be able to surmise that Lauren's death occurred due to decapatation instead of how most of us have been believing that would have been post mortem..

But WoW what a strange method that immediately pulled up from google search given we do know for a fact that whether pre or post mortem that Lauren was decapitated(boy that's hard to even type)..

eeek, Smooth, that IS creepy!

Yes, shocking indeed. But, it would certainly be messy. Plus, how could LE determine decapitation as the cause of death since her head is still missing (as far as we know)?

I think the perp may have been desperate to get rid of the corpse at that point. But, I wonder if he thought that the smell of a decomposing (possibly, just thawing) corpse might blend with the odor of common household garbage...especially considering the hotly debated issue in the Casey Anthony trial, in which some witnesses claimed there was the stench of a decomposing body in the trunk of Casey's car, while others claimed there was no smell at all, or attributed a foul odor to the decaying garbage in the trunk.

You know, as someone has alluded to in one of the other threads I remember, at this time of the year in middle Georgia, some pretty mildly-scented things can get to really stinking REALLY fast under the baking of the Georgia midsummer sun. Garbage cans smell really bad, in general!

I know that a dead body has a distinctive odor, but to tell the truth, a lot of other things do, too, in area trash cans these days --so much so that the last thing you'd want to do is dig in and investigate them (without, of course, a good reason) -- so maybe the perp DID count on that.

One thing I keep wondering about: If SM is the perp, and if he was "clued in" that people were starting to look for Lauren -- by the landlord's note, the friend's visit, or whatever -- that makes sense. But how in the world could he have gone on the assumption, to begin with, that they wouldn't come looking for her even sooner than they did??

Maybe as long as he had the remains in his apt. or being-vacated apt. (if he did), he felt relatively safe. Maybe, if it's him, he DID hold on to parts of her body for whatever reasons (per angelaanalyzes theory and other similar ones), then figure his "safe time" was running out and start distributing the remains to various bins.. but "searchers" happened to show up right in the middle of this, putting him a lot more at risk than before he started the distribution?

Other interesting things in that video-

[snipped]The first time Kaitlyn met McD was at the bar. The whole class was going out for a pre-graduation celebration that night and Lauren had mentioned the get together to McD. Lauren remarked to Kaitlyn she was glad McD came, that he usually never went out with her friends

If McD was excluded from many of his fellow law students' social activities and then Lauren was thoughtful enough of his feelings to invite him to the pre-graduation celebration, I can see where he might have misinterpreted Lauren's friendliness. I wonder if even McD realized she was in a serious relationship, considering her BF lives in Atlanta? McD probably didn't see the BF around very often and LG wouldn't have appeared to be in a relationship with anyone at Mercer (she wasn't) so, heartened by LG's cordiality toward him and feeling pressured by the knowledge they would soon be parting ways, maybe he began to pursue her aggressively. Too aggressively. Anyway, I can see a possible motive IF the killer is McD, whether or not her death was accidental or intentional -- even premeditated.

If the killer did have a romantic obsession with LG, I wonder if he kept her torso because he was abusing it (sexually)? I'm not sure that would constitute necrophilia, as Angelanalyzes speculated as a possible motive, since it wasn't death or corpses he was obsessed with (IMO), but with LG herself. If he had made his romantic intentions known to her and she resisted, he may have seen her death as his only hope of having a relationship with her.

I have been thinking about the rolling trash can. I've always been bothered by the fact that chances are if not for the "odor", that can would never have been looked at closely. If the remains were kept in the refrigerator, how long would it take for the odor to get to the level that respirators were needed?

When would he have potentially, placed the remains in the trash can? Was that why he joined her friends that night, nervous? If the odor was so strong at 10 AM, why didn't the friends smell something that night?
Is there a chance the "rolling trash can" was somewhere else and brought within feet of Lauren's door that morning?

I think I may have an answer to that. I decided to search the weather reports.

It had stormed earlier in the evening of the 29th. The rain can tamp down the odor some. Then there is a temperature change. The temperature changed from 10-15 degrees between the time of the friends looking and the officer finding the body.

Georgia heat is sweltering, especially if it has rained recently. The humidity makes everything stick out, especially odors. When the heat began its rapid daily rise, the odor grew exponentially. Anyone driving down a Georgia road past a chicken house can vouch for that.
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMCN/2011/6/30/DailyHistory.html

Edited to add: I also see the wind was calm overnight, but picked up right before the discovery.

I'm sure she doesnt' snoop.....mercy.......she needed to take possession for the next tenant and She left the note on the outside once she saw Lauren hadn't moved, probably didnt' suspect she really shouldn't enter (without notice to tenant prior to entering) since she thought Lauren was going to be moved out already.

The only way you can say whether any woman would snoop or not is if you are the woman and you are speaking for yourself. Honestly, many Catholic priests snoop in little boy's pants, but I doubt any member of any priest's congregation would stand up and say "I'm sure Father xyz molests boys." No, quite the opposite. They would all defend him and say they are sure he does NOT do that...then he gets moved to another state and is later sued by his victims while the congregation that defended him is busy washing egg off their faces. So, in my opinion, if we can't trust a man of the cloth to keep his hands to himself, it would be completely reckless to rule out any woman of being a snoop, especially a landlady of a little complex like that. She calls her tenants her kids, so maybe she views herself as the mother who can do as she pleases?

Regarding the part of the post in bold, for the sake of being accurate, I would have to disagree with you. BB said LG was to be gone by Friday. Sure, this was Wednesday when she was there, iirc, so they way I see it, LG ethically had 1 more day to complete the move before being assumed as "gone." After that date, if BBush entered on Friday, July 01, that would be the precise date one could safely say the landlord thought the tenant had already moved out.

As far as whether or not she had the right to enter at any time, I suppose a copy of the lease agreement would reveal whether or not BB had the right to enter at any time for any reason. Generally, a tenant has exclusive use of the lease premises, according to the Georgia Landlord/Tenant Handbook.

http://www.dca.state.ga.us/housing/...ownloads/Georgia_Landlord_Tenant_Handbook.pdf

It states: unless the lease states otherwise, a landlord can only enter the property if entry is necessary to cure a dangerous condition, prevent damage to the unit, or respond to an emergency on the premises. There is no legal requirement that a landlord notify a tenant prior to entering the unit in such emergency circumstances.

Wording of the last sentence is interesting. So, if there is no legal requirement that a landlord notify a tenant prior to entering in emergency situations, what about any OTHER situation? Does the landlord have to notify the tenant that the apartment was entered for any other reason?

What would you do if you had a creeply apt mgr (or apartment mgr had a creepy husband or son with access to the master key) and found out he was going in and out periodically of your place? I would wonder if he was checking a hidden camera, putting one in, taking a tape out to go watch later when he curls up with a beer, and then I would wonder how fast I could move all my crap out. It's just my personal opinion that it should be required of any landlord or apt mgr to leave a notice that is preprinted that states they entered and fill in the date and the reason for entry. That seems so necessary in today's evil society of folks who are capable of anything.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members