GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

, can you imagine how that little boy felt looking round thinking surely one of these grown ups would be bound to help him but no help ever coming? Its heartbreaking to even imagine.

Richandfamous, where did you read that Christopher's father is a registered sex offender?

This was supposedly a seedy, run down trailer park which makes the situation more sad, because I have no idea why there weren't other relatives Christopher could not stay with. You will find that in some trailer parks, you are not doing to find the classiest of people especially ones that live in a delapitated trailer.

Given that Christophers father is a sex offender and that the paternal grandparent had custody, this suprises me. She could have always allowed contact with her son who probably didn't have visitation rights.

This was supposedly a seedy, run down trailer park which makes the situation more sad, because I have no idea why there weren't other relatives Christopher could not stay with. You will find that in some trailer parks, you are not doing to find the classiest of people especially ones that live in a delapitated trailer.

Given that Christophers father is a sex offender and that the paternal grandparent had custody, this suprises me. She could have always allowed contact with her son who probably didn't have visitation rights.

This was not a seedy, run down trailer park. It was a trailer park in a rural area surrounded by woods and tidal canals. I don't think I have ever seen a high class trailer park except when it is a brand new trailer park which is rare nowadays down here. There are good familes that live out there, too. Just because someone lacks money to live somewhere nice doesn't make them bad people, just poor people. People's dispicable actions make them bad people.

Christopher's father's crime was Stat. Rape... 9 years ago... when he was 24. He was not deemed a predator so I am sure he was freely able to see and visit his son. Is not his devastation enough to show he spent time with his son and loved the child as completely as he could?

This was not a seedy, run down trailer park. It was a trailer park in a rural area surrounded by woods and tidal canals. I don't think I have ever seen a high class trailer park except when it is a brand new trailer park which is rare nowadays down here. There are good familes that live out there, too. Just because someone lacks money to live somewhere nice doesn't make them bad people, just poor people. People's dispicable actions make them bad people.

Christopher's father's crime was Stat. Rape... 9 years ago... when he was 24. He was not deemed a predator so I am sure he was freely able to see and visit his son. Is not his devastation enough to show he spent time with his son and loved the child as completely as he could?

Why is it that if you live in a trailer park you are considered "trailer trash?" I hear that over and over again. I have bought into two different trailer parks.
The first one that I bought into I bought the land and had a mobile moved in. The whole park was kept up and had an association to see that everyone kept their mobiles and their lawns really nice. Later I sold my mobile to my daughter and bought a mobile on rented land in another town. My mobile was really nice and we had a manager who saw to it that our places and lawns, etc were kept up. No problem there either. I didn't know most of the people in either park but none that I lived by looked like lowlifes to me. I really get sick of hearing the term "trailer trash" by people who seem to think that they are better then other people. Come to think of it I've seen plenty of regular neighborhoods that looked pretty trashy to me.

It is wrong to condem a person without checking out the circumstances of their arrest. Like you said, Christopher's dad is suffering enough without being torn apart on the internet by us. If a young guy gets involved with a young woman who is under 18 and he is over age and he ends up going to prison he has to register even though it is a whole different situation then molesting or raping a child. It sounds like the charge against Christopher's father was years ago and it also sounds like he was 24 yrs and the girl could have been 17 yrs. They could have been in a relationship that her parents didn't approve of and the parents could have filed charges. We just need to be sure of the circumstances before we say anything.

Listening to Catherine Cryer today it was said little Christopher was grabbed when he returned home and got off the school bus. I had thought it was later that evening that the alarm went out about him missing. Does anyone know when his family saw him for the last time? Was anyone there for him when he got off the school bus or was he missing for several hours before anyone noticed he wasn't where he should be?

VB

God bless little Christopher's soul. May he rest in everlasting peace.
I can't even tell you what I wish for this sick, interbred white trash family.

Richandfamous, where did you read that Christopher's father is a registered sex offender?

he's on the ga so list but it looks like he might have had a girlfriend that was too young maybe, and he is not a predator.

CRIME: STATUTORY RAPE

CONVICTION DATE: 04/24/1997
CONVICTION STATE: GA

REGISTRATION DATE: 03/25/1998
ABSCONDER/PREDATOR:
NO

If anyone is interested, the local paper here in Brunswick, GA is at

www.thebrunswicknews.com

All though I haven't liked a few comments the paper has made regarding the coroner here, who happens to be a good man, they are doing good coverage of the case as they should.

I also want to say that I believe the LE here did an excellent job making sure things were done properly and professionally. (Maybe I'm biased though since I worked with a lot of them.)

I have been thinking about christopher all day. I cant get him off my mind. I am so sickened by what happened to this child I would literally like 5 minutes with the perverts!!

, can you imagine how that little boy felt looking round thinking surely one of these grown ups would be bound to help him but no help ever coming? Its heartbreaking to even imagine.

how heartbreaking to see my thoughts, and HIS--- put into written words.:mad:
very well stated missacorah

imo--- doesnt matter if it was a trash trailer, or a mansion--- a little boy was sexually molested and killed--by a mother, father & son-- ( not the little guys)--- where he lived has absolutely no fricking bearing

I have been thinking about christopher all day. I cant get him off my mind. I am so sickened by what happened to this child I would literally like 5 minutes with the perverts!!

I know what you mean. I can't get this off of my mind either. I almost threw up reading this. I'd join you for the 5 minutes with these beasts.

I have a 3 year old son and if anyone ever laid a hand on him...I would not be responsible for my actions.

Justice for Christopher Foundation is with Suntrust Bank. The account number is 1000048852254 or you can ask to donate to the Justice for Christopher Foundation.

A sex offender can be a 19 yo man that has a 17yo girlfriend (at least in Minnesota). Not all SOs are old guys hitting on little kids. I don't think Christopher's dad lost visitation rights. IIR he was 23 and had an teenage girlfriend and that is how he got the SO status. I personally know a couple here where he was 17, the girl 14, and she got pregnant. They bought a house and lived together but once she had the baby the COUNTY pressed statutory rape charges against him. He had to go to jail. So there she was alone with a baby. His father paid all her bills until the 17yo (by then 18) got out. Right now they have 3 children and are living together but he is "technically" a sexual offender (he is now 24 and she is 21).

I am by no means making excuses for the sub-humans that did this to Christopher but don't look at Christopher's father with a crooked eye. I personally think the two males should have their b@!!s nailed to a log and left in the woods to rot and the mother should just have a bag of rocks tied around her neck and thrown into a septic tank.

Why is it that if you live in a trailer park you are considered "trailer trash?" I hear that over and over again. I have bought into two different trailer parks.
The first one that I bought into I bought the land and had a mobile moved in. The whole park was kept up and had an association to see that everyone kept their mobiles and their lawns really nice. Later I sold my mobile to my daughter and bought a mobile on rented land in another town. My mobile was really nice and we had a manager who saw to it that our places and lawns, etc were kept up. No problem there either. I didn't know most of the people in either park but none that I lived by looked like lowlifes to me. I really get sick of hearing the term "trailer trash" by people who seem to think that they are better then other people. Come to think of it I've seen plenty of regular neighborhoods that looked pretty trashy to me.

It is wrong to condem a person without checking out the circumstances of their arrest. Like you said, Christopher's dad is suffering enough without being torn apart on the internet by us. If a young guy gets involved with a young woman who is under 18 and he is over age and he ends up going to prison he has to register even though it is a whole different situation then molesting or raping a child. It sounds like the charge against Christopher's father was years ago and it also sounds like he was 24 yrs and the girl could have been 17 yrs. They could have been in a relationship that her parents didn't approve of and the parents could have filed charges. We just need to be sure of the circumstances before we say anything.

I agree with your entire post. In answer to your first question, this is probably the same reason why people constantly refer to certain urban neighborhoods as ghettos. Neither classification is fair, yet these comments have become a regular occurance it seems.

This story reads like a horror movie you can't imagine being true. I will never understand what drives some humans to such acts of pure evil. Everytime I think I have heard the worst, most inimaginable crime, some new story comes along and quickly takes over that title.

There is so much horror that exists in the world, and I can't imagine how hard it must be sometimes to raise a child and try to hide that horror from your child. Since I don't have any children, I can only use the relationship with my niece and nephew for comparison. I am entranced everyday by their innocence, inquisitiveness, and pure love in their hearts. They are a constant source of light and love in our chaotic and often disturbing world. May Christopher rest in peace knowing that he was and still is loved, and may he know that his life and death touched and enraged people around the world. I pray for his family. I can't imagine going on with life after experiencing such a horrible tragedy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back