GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

I know what you mean. I can't get this off of my mind either. I almost threw up reading this. I'd join you for the 5 minutes with these beasts.

I have a 3 year old son and if anyone ever laid a hand on him...I would not be responsible for my actions.
I would not be responsible either.:furious:

This was supposedly a seedy, run down trailer park which makes the situation more sad, because I have no idea why there weren't other relatives Christopher could not stay with. You will find that in some trailer parks, you are not doing to find the classiest of people especially ones that live in a delapitated trailer.

Given that Christophers father is a sex offender and that the paternal grandparent had custody, this suprises me. She could have always allowed contact with her son who probably didn't have visitation rights.

I'm sorry, but you just pushed my jacka$$ button. Just because one lives in a mobile home park whether it is upper-class or lower class does not mean that the people that live there are trailer trash or as you put it "the classiest of people." I live in a mobile home park, and it is by no means the "classiest" one around. But, that doesn't mean I am of a lower class than you. My mobile home is in the process of undergoing repairs, I can only imagine what you would think of me and my home. But, rest assured you are no better than I am. I live here because I own my own home and I can afford a place with a huge yard. And I am most assuredly not "trailer trash," or "white trash."

Gee, what do you think of people that live in subsidized housing projects? I lived in one of those too, before moving to AR and being able to afford my own home. And for the record, the housing project I lived in 10+ years ago was well maintained and managed. There were no problems whatsoever. I had some of the best neighbors when I lived there.

Christopher's living in a mobile home park isn't the reason he was kidnapped, abused, and murdered. The disgusting pieces of human waste that committed these offenses against this child are. Heck, I bet maybe Manhattan, Beverly Hills, The Hamptons, and other high class places probably have some sickos living there too!

My point is, this crime could have happened anywhere and crimes like this do everyday, sad to say.

Christopher's living in a mobile home park isn't the reason he was kidnapped, abused, and murdered. The disgusting pieces of human waste that committed these offenses against this child are. Heck, I bet maybe Manhattan, Beverly Hills, The Hamptons, and other high class places probably have some sickos living there too!

My point is, this crime could have happened anywhere and crimes like this do everyday, sad to say.
I am so sad about this child. You are right it does not matter where you live, remember Jon Benet, Devon and Damon Routier, and the list goes on and on. They lived in from what it looked like nice houses ect....I have lots of family that live in Mobile Homes and they are gorgeous, they live down south in TN surrounded by mountains and beautiful land. I am jealous of their homes, lol...I just wanted to add my :twocents: on the whole "trailer trash" thing, I hate that term.

I am so sad about this child. You are right it does not matter where you live, remember Jon Benet, Devon and Damon Routier, and the list goes on and on. They lived in from what it looked like nice houses ect....I have lots of family that live in Mobile Homes and they are gorgeous, they live down south in TN surrounded by mountains and beautiful land. I am jealous of their homes, lol...I just wanted to add my :twocents: on the whole "trailer trash" thing, I hate that term.

I hate the "trailer trash" term too. I feel this way, if someone wants to call me trailer trash fine. Whatever makes that person feel better, but I know I'm not trailer trash, and I also know I'm no better than the next person.

Christopher did not get killed because he lived in a mobile home park, it could have happened anywhere, at anytime. Where he lived did not have anything to do with it. Those wastes of human space were the ones that killed him. Granted, they lived in the mobile home park also, but that was purely a coincidence.

Thank you Michelle for pointing out that JonBenet Ramsey, the Routier boys, and I will add the Yates children, they all lived in high-upper class, well-to-do neighborhoods and they are just as dead as Christopher.:(

Thank you Michelle for pointing out that JonBenet Ramsey, the Routier boys, and I will add the Yates children, they all lived in high-upper class, well-to-do neighborhoods and they are just as dead as Christopher.:(

May I add Danielle van Dam!

I knew this conversation was going to end up discussing the issue of trailer parks and "trailer trash". I have relatives and friends that live in mobile homes, and they are fine, honorable people. In fact, if the world ever goes to Hell in a hand basket, like say...we have another event like 9-11; I would want my mobile home relatives and friends to end up in my compound to help survive the anarchy. The thing that people who are not from the South, may not understand, is that you don't HAVE to live in a trailer to earn the distinction of being "trailer trash". I have known people living in million dollar homes who lived their lives in a manner that earned them the distinction of being "trailer trash". It is a way of life....not a place you live. Heck, Brittney Spears is working on her "trailer trash" medal of honor. In my opinion, trailer trash is redneck gone bad. I come from a family who lived in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains, and earned a living running moonshine during the years of prohibition. I proudly claim the distinction of having redneck blood in my veins. The people I know who live in trailer parks are just as horrified as we are by what happened to Christopher. Just another example of life's little secret that there are good people and bad people everywhere.

I agree with the generalization and that it doesn't speak of the real crime but rather categorizes people and that isn't fair.

Too easy to say trailer trash when so many of these crimes involve more affluent people. Child molestation happens everywhere and crosses all economic lines. It is just that some believe money inures you and if you don't have it, it makes you less. Remember the days of our parents when a doctor was the end all be all and you never questioned? It is the same thing. Never take at face value when you feel something is disturbing.

A very worn cliche...everyone puts their pants on the same way.

I hate the "trailer trash" term too. I feel this way, if someone wants to call me trailer trash fine. Whatever makes that person feel better, but I know I'm not trailer trash, and I also know I'm no better than the next person.

Christopher did not get killed because he lived in a mobile home park, it could have happened anywhere, at anytime. Where he lived did not have anything to do with it. Those wastes of human space were the ones that killed him. Granted, they lived in the mobile home park also, but that was purely a coincidence.

I completely agree with everything you said. Like I stated in my previous post my neighborhood has sex offenders living in it just like probably every other neighborhood in America. I don't think there is anywhere you could move to where you would not be living by, at least, one and I am only refering to the ones that have been caught and are registered :( . That is why I don't think the registry is enough. Ok, so you know you have a sex offender in your zip code (along with every other American!) so now what exactly are you supposed to do about it? There is nothing you can do about it! It just makes people blame the victim more though (or the victims parents) because they knew or had access to information about the offender so somehow they should have been able to avoid being victimized by this person.

Bottom line though is that All neighborhoods across the board have dangers and all neighborhoods across the board have children playing in them. This could have happened anywhere.

Is there a website for this foundation?

I don't know if they have one up and running yet to be honest. I'll look around but the information I posted was from a website. The website's name escapes me at the moment but I do belive it had "voice" and "children" in the title. Forgive me but my mind isn't totally focused lately. This tragedy weighs so heavily in my heart and lingers in my mind so much that I've found my concentration is gone.

I agree, it does not matter how rich or poor or where in the heck someone lives. I have met some of the nicest most honest people in my life that are broke or live in a trailer and have hardly 2 pennies to rub together. It does not matter. Like I said earlier, I have seem some trailers that I could only dream of having. They are gorgeous.

I am so sad about christopher, I have been thinking of him alot. Bless his heart, I pray he is in the Loving arms of God.

I cried last night after I watched Greta and they talked about what happened to this poor baby. I have a son who will be 6. I cant fathom what this poor child went through. They said on Greta that 4 people were involved, I pray they all get the DP and its fast (the trial).

Does Georgia have the chair? If not, maybe it can be brought back for this case. The needle seems too kind.

Does Georgia have the chair? If not, maybe it can be brought back for this case. The needle seems too kind.
No they have the needle and it is too kind. I say castration while in the chair.:furious:

The DP in GA is under a lot of scrutiny at the moment. We have recently had several very high profile releases thanks to the Innocence Project (and, of course, the subsequent settlements...how to calculate the price of losing years and years of your life I do NOT know!). Obviously they don't have "the wrong guy" in this case, but it is fresh in everyone's mind. Also, the mental status of these people is a mitigating circumstance that even a first year law student would present.

We also have the Brian Nichols case - he's the one who shot up the Fulton County courthouse two years ago and killed a judge and several others. He offered to plead guilty if they would take the DP off the table but the DA said no. This case is costing so much that it is using the entire PD budget and more. They have just had to delay the trial another 6 months b/c there is just no money left, and the trial hasn't even started. Lots of people are grumbling about it and saying to just toss his *advertiser censored* in jail and leave him there. Save millions, save time, avoid even the slightest risk of a technicality freeing him, and he'll never get out anyway.

At the same time, there is legislation in the works to make it EASIER to get the DP. They are trying to pass a law so that only 10 of the 12 jurors have to vote for the DP instead of it being unanimous. Plus a lot of legislation about restricting where RSOs can live, which is under a stay at the moment. All very heated.

So this case has a lot of hot buttons that the politicos are pushing. I hope Christopher and his family don't get lost in the grandstanding.

That video about broke my heart. Go Rest High on That Mountain is "my" song for my baby Jacob. :( tears

It is obvious he had a very happy life with lots of friends and people who loved him. There are a bunch of cute pics of Christopher with a baby. Wonder who that is...friend, cousin, sibling? They are precious.

The accompanying article is just infuriating. So many warning signs, so many people who knew what was wrong, but not the people who could do anything about it. How do we fix this? How do we stop this from happening to more kids like Christopher?

Just wrong wrong wrong.

So many warning signs, so many people who knew what was wrong, but not the people who could do anything about it. How do we fix this? How do we stop this from happening to more kids like Christopher?

Just wrong wrong wrong.

We lock them up for forever (and I want the DP for them *all offenders* but that's just me). First offense. I don't believe for a second that if someone is caught once that they haven't offended before and that they won't do it again. They are like cockroaches - you see one, there's actually hundreds of them? Same thing with offenders - offend once, they've done it before and will do it again.

I promised to post this link:

Hey There

Crime Library has obtained exclusive video of the Video memorial to Christopher shown at his funeral yesterday.

It can be found here. http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/index.html

Very Very Sad you may want to let your members know about it. It's not anywhere else
I couldn't watch it all. It just broke me up knowing how loved this child was. So much family around him, so many smiles.

Ive just finished reading this thread and all the links aswell.....I am sickened and horrified for poor little Christopher..what that little boy must have went through is beyond horrendous.
I believe that the creatures who did this to Christopher have to be seriously inbred and I hope they rot in hell..the sooner the better.

Ive just finished reading this thread and all the links aswell.....I am sickened and horrified for poor little Christopher..what that little boy must have went through is beyond horrendous.
I believe that the creatures who did this to Christopher have to be seriously inbred and I hope they rot in hell..the sooner the better.
I know dingo, I cant get this child off my mind. It is horrendous, I hope these monsters get what is coming to them.

That video about broke my heart. Go Rest High on That Mountain is "my" song for my baby Jacob. :( tears

It is obvious he had a very happy life with lots of friends and people who loved him. There are a bunch of cute pics of Christopher with a baby. Wonder who that is...friend, cousin, sibling? They are precious.

The accompanying article is just infuriating. So many warning signs, so many people who knew what was wrong, but not the people who could do anything about it. How do we fix this? How do we stop this from happening to more kids like Christopher?

Just wrong wrong wrong.

In this case it seems people were reporting the bizarre behavior but reporting
it to people that did not/would not give it credence. It seems we rely on local jurisdictions to take care of big problems. Maybe a national type clearinghouse would be more appropos? A group that would investigate child molesters/sex offenders more thoroughly. Afterall, they (offenders)cross State lines frequently and without punishment.

Before anyone jumps on me for more national interference I just don't see it working now (the judicial system for sex offenders). The Amber Alert has saved lives but the criteria has limited and known info. What if it is not known? The car, the descripton of the perp, the exact time of disappearance?
What if the hard stuff comes into play?

Instead of hindsight I would like to see a proactive group. Just my heartfelt opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back