TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janice Atkinson
Public Information Officer
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office
office/423-209-8922

It was over in 8 minutes.

I missed sister and MP, just caught "Janice" from the Public information office, and she basically said:

*no investigators involved

*no contact with LE in Alabama

*being treated as a standard missing person case, they don't think there is reason to act otherwise

*no searchers from the Sheriff's office

*admits foul play "entirely possible"

*they put GP in national missing person registry

*they can only hope she catches broadcasts (if possible) and responds to family

anyone else who watched can correct me on any of this - sound was pretty low

Sound was very difficult....and I have additional speakers, which I had to turn to the max!!

I thought she said two offciers from SMPD were to help work on her case, but maybe I got confused there. Hope to a report later on the PC.

Thanks to all for providing the links........!!!!

WOW. That was stunning. For me anyway. I learned alot though. Things are just as they appeared, that LE agency has been doing NOTHING. It is time, I think, to start really pushing for help from bigger guns!

It was over in 8 minutes.

I missed sister and MP, just caught "Janice" from the Public information office, and she basically said:

*no investigators involved *NO SMPD INVESTIGATORS, OR NONE AT ALL LOOKING INTO THIS?

*no contact with LE in Alabama WON'T EVEN TOUCH THIS

*being treated as a standard missing person case, they don't think there is reason to act otherwise UM, WHAT? CHILDREN "GO MISSING" NOT ADULTS!

*no searchers from the Sheriff's office SO NOT LOOKING FOR A BODY OR NOT LOOKING FOR HER AT ALL?

*admits foul play "entirely possible" IF IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THEN WHY ISN'T IT BEING TREATED AS AN OPTION?!?! B/C ITS A SMALL TOWN AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE RESOURCES? FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, TURN IT OVER TO TBI OR FBI OR WHATEV! GRR

*they put GP in national missing person registry NICE GESTURE

*they can only hope she catches broadcasts (if possible) and responds to family CUZ AFTER BEING GONE FOR 2.5 WKS *NOW* THEY MIGHT START BEING WORRIED SO *NOW* SHE MIGHT CALL THEM AND TELL THEM NOT TO. *EYEROLL*

anyone else who watched can correct me on any of this - sound was pretty low

(eta i WROTE SOME COMMENTS next to the recap of the pc)

ok i realize i'm a newbie here and far too close (w/o being actually involved w/ the family) to the sitch so forgive my frustration. can some of you experts tell me what this stuff means? is it just a "appease the frothing public" kinda thing or was there real info in there that i'm missing? :waitasec:

always willing to play devils advocate...

stress whether brought on by guilt or worry manifests itself the same. i don't think him being uncharacteristically jittery marks him as a suspect. jmo.

bolded by me.

I do.
Combined with all the weird stuff he's been doing (filing a restraining order, etc) and the apparent lack of compassion for his wife, "uncharacteristically jittery" could mean a lot more than stress about his wife being missing, which he obviously doesn't seem to care about.
As angry as he might be at her, a situation like this should make him forget the anger.
Of course, this is just my opinion and I certainly could be wrong.

WOW. That was stunning. For me anyway. I learned alot though. Things are just as they appeared, that LE agency has been doing NOTHING. It is time, I think, to start really pushing for help from bigger guns!

Is it possible LE is playing possum so as not to give anything away, but is really working on this case? Please--because I can't believe they aren't doing anything!!!!

(eta i WROTE SOME COMMENTS next to the recap of the pc)

ok i realize i'm a newbie here and far too close (w/o being actually involved w/ the family) to the sitch so forgive my frustration. can some of you experts tell me what this stuff means? is it just a "appease the frothing public" kinda thing or was there real info in there that i'm missing? :waitasec:

I think that you got the same thing from it that I did. I really am stunned. What a nightmare for this family.

Re: the investigators...

Hamilton County PIO Janice Atkinson said Hamilton County was NOT taking over the case - they are assisting. They asked for assistance with releasing information (ha - how can they need help? they aren't releasing anything) so she will be the point of contact. She also said two investigators from HCSO will be assisting SMPD.

The spokeswoman looked bored and annoyed by the whole thing, especially that reporters would have questions. Gail's sister was a HEARTBREAKER. it is about time MP said SOMETHING, so thank him for that. I don't expect LE to investigate him or anyone else ANYTIME soon based on the spokeswoman's responses, anyway. she looked like she had to do this on her lunch hour or something.

Is it possible LE is playing possum so as not to give anything away, but is really working on this case? Please--because I can't believe they aren't doing anything!!!!

Columbo, I hope you are right. I really do. But I felt like I had been hit in the gut following that. I can not imagine how her sister and brother must be feeling. We have been told by the family that this is happening....they are receiving no support from LE. They would not be fighting so hard if LE was supporting from behind would they? LE would leave family floundering???

It's why I've stated from the getgo that it's going to take outside pressure, and that the town of Signal Mtn. will have to be dragged kicking and screaming through this.

I half expected Janice to say in her drawl, "It doesn't really matter where she is at this point, if she turns up she turns up, now if you'll excuse me I have a lunch date at Red Robin."

Poor Gail to go missing in a community like this!!

Right now I am so twisted by this. I really really fear for this woman. No matter what the REAL currcumstance (sp?) of her disappearance, she is in serious trouble. With LE backup like that I would be feeling trapped and afraid. Paranoid?! You betcha. Hiding? You betcha. IF she made it away at all. moo and all that.

Re: the investigators...

Hamilton County PIO Janice Atkinson said Hamilton County was NOT taking over the case - they are assisting. They asked for assistance with releasing information (ha - how can they need help? they aren't releasing anything) so she will be the point of contact. She also said two investigators from HCSO will be assisting SMPD.

Thank you. I did get that turned around. I'm hoping they are holding back info and are speculatiing foul play. When ask about AL LE's involvement she didn't want to comment. Wish we had transcript of the presser.

this really shows the community in a bad light don't ya think? I sure as heck would not want to live there...god help anyone's safety around that place.

Columbo, I hope you are right. I really do. But I felt like I had been hit in the gut following that. I can not imagine how her sister and brother must be feeling. We have been told by the family that this is happening....they are receiving no support from LE. They would not be fighting so hard if LE was supporting from behind would they? LE would leave family floundering???

redfish---It's awful. The woman who spoke sounded so blase, like she couldn't be bothered with the case. I wonder if she is under constraint not to reveal her own opinion--I mean, she did say there was "always hope" that Gail might contact her family. Which to me says that she is fearing foul play. Questioned about possible LE searches she hinted that there might be something later on this week. But she seemed too calm about it. JMO

I can't imagine the anguish her brother and sister must be feeling.

Although there is no crime scene, etc, yet, the lack of support from the local LE is reminding me of this new book by Ann Rule. (Hope it's okay to mention it? I have no axe to grind). It's about a case (Ronda Reynolds in WA) that was ruled as a suicide, and despite strong proof and evidence to the contrary, LE refused to admit that it could be a homicide, threw away evidence, mishandled the crime scene, etc etc. Just maddening incompetence!!!!

The spokeswoman looked bored and annoyed by the whole thing, especially that reporters would have questions. Gail's sister was a HEARTBREAKER. it is about time MP said SOMETHING, so thank him for that. I don't expect LE to investigate him or anyone else ANYTIME soon based on the spokeswoman's responses, anyway. she looked like she had to do this on her lunch hour or something.

I'm sure his attorney pressed for him to do the media pr routine. I don't believe it was on his own merit. Especially after seeing his comfort level in doing so. FWIW.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14661367&updated
At a news conference this afternoon, a representative of the Sheriff's Office said two detectives are aiding the Signal Mountain Police in the search for Gail Palmgren.

The spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said Palmgren's disappearance is still being treated as a missing person investigation and that there are no suspects at this time.

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member