UK - Actor Christian Bale arrested for assault

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...an-Bale-arrested-over-assault-allegation.html

Batman actor Christian Bale arrested over assault allegation

Bale, 34, attended a police station after it was reported his mother and sister had reported him to police.

The alleged incident was believed to have taken place on Sunday night at Park Lane's Dorchester Hotel where Bale is staying.

.............snip.................

Despite the alleged incident and report, Bale was allowed to attend the first European screening of the new Batman blockbuster The Dark Knight in London's West End on Monday night uninterrupted.

<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>

Guess it just shows it doesn't matter how rich or famous you are, we're all human with the same frailities.

fran

This is odd to me. Christrian Bale has always struck me as not only phenomenally talented, but very level-headed. I am interested to hear more and will reserve judgment until I do.

The most recent Batman was very good - though a tad long for my taste.

This is odd to me. Christrian Bale has always struck me as not only phenomenally talented, but very level-headed. I am interested to hear more and will reserve judgment until I do.

The most recent Batman was very good - though a tad long for my taste.

I agree... it could be anything from the truth to revenge for not sharing his money with them... until more is known, I'll reserve judgement myself.

They played this up big time on the news shows last night. But I think I'm with you, I'll wait until the laundry is out before I make a judgement.

There were no bruises, nothing visible, the sister and mom walked into a police station, NOT in the city that it happened in.

They said he has to appear sometime in September. The most he'll get is a fine, IF that at all.

Why would these two women go all the way to Europe for his premiere and say he battered them and there's no evidence?

Could it be he wouldn't give them $$ or something? I mean face it, this movie is going to make him a really hot comodity in the film industry because it is so HUGELY successful. I mean he's already well known (although I never heard of him before), but now he's going to be sizzling. He will probably be able to name his price.

Maybe mom and sis want some of the rewards. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'

fran

say he battered them

Assault is not the same thing as battery, just to clarify - battery involves physical contact. Assault can be verbal, or even a gesture, as long as it is perceived by the victim as intentionally meant as a threat. Like, if I raised my hand as if to slap you, and you flinched, I am guilty of assault. Even someone approaching you within arm's reach in a manner that you perceive as menacing is assault.

The rumor is that his mom dissed his wife, & he wasn't having it. He & mom got into a fight. The 'assault' was supposedly verbal.

Perez Hilton has the details (I do not know how accurate they are).

Sounds like a shake-down by the mom and sister. Supposedly, they wanted $200,000 for the sister to help raise her kids. When that didn't go over well with Christian, then mom started insulting Christian's wife, which then provoked him into getting mad at them. The whole story isn't out yet, but I thought that it was probably something like them asking for money from the very beginning.

Sounds like a shake-down by the mom and sister. Supposedly, they wanted $200,000 for the sister to help raise her kids. When that didn't go over well with Christian, then mom started insulting Christian's wife, which then provoked him into getting mad at them. The whole story isn't out yet, but I thought that it was probably something like them asking for money from the very beginning.

I wish someone would give me $200,000.00 to help raise my kids.:rolleyes:

They have some nerve asking him for that amount of money. And even more nerve to react how they did when he refused. Who needs relatives like that?

Ha, well, don't ask Christian Bale. :)

Humm...guess the sister believed in his name...but the "ask and it shall be given...seek and ye shall find..." button wasn't turned on in his case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back