GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:blowkiss:Happy Angel Day Sweet Baby Girl :blowkiss:
You are so loved!

picture.php

:rose:~ September 2, 2007 ~ March 18, 2009 ~ :rose:
~ :rose: ~ :rose: ~ :rose: ~ :rose: ~ :rose:~

omg how could anyone think of hurting that girl

:cry: :cry: The selfish egg donor who wasn't able to spend enough time with the latest piece she was hanging around with. :cry: :cry:

'my offer is this counseler, life no parole'

We should be so lucky ~ She is up for 25 to life ~ which means she can be up for parole between 10ish and 12ish somewhere. I can only hope and pray the jury, if there is one sees her for what she is.

If the plea is accepted and I so fear it will be, that the judge puts her in for the absolute maximum he is allowed with no parole. If they had taken the 15 the state offered a few months ago she would have been out in 5 to 7 unless it was 15 no parole which her daddy's family, who contacted us at that time wasn't sure and since it was turned down none of us pursued it.

well emma was 18 months old, so here's my take.

a woman's average life expetency is about what, 75?

so give the witch 73 years.....she wont last that long

well emma was 18 months old, so here's my take.

a woman's average life expetency is about what, 75?

so give the witch 73 years.....she wont last that long

I like the way you think. This is exactly how I would calculate a "fair" sentence for baby and/or child abusers and killers.

It's less than an eye for an eye - for those with concerns that we are above all that, anything else that goes on with these piece's o' carp is between them and their maker.

I also would be against doing anything to prolong the life of any convicted killers. Talk about a waste...

This has been an utterly heartbreaking case, so hard to follow as baby girls pictures are a constant reminder of what wondrous beauty the world lost. Thanks for the updates LCoastmom!

Emma you were a treasure a gift to behold. You deserved life to be loved and cherished. As heavens gates opened onto you the angel's wept, wept as the light that shown from your face was pure and true.
babygirl-1.jpg
EmmaLeighBarker.jpg
emma.jpg

it makes it worse to look at the actual pictures.

who could hurt that child, least of all her own mother?

look at how happy and content she was. someone must have loved her ;(

Her Grandparents loved her very much.All she had to do was leave and I am sure they would have loved and cherish her.I do not agree on plea deals not when there is no doubt about who the killer was.If they started giving the death penalty and then carried it out swiftly maybe these Momster would think twice about it.As long as we keep giving them a slap on the wrist for such a heinous crime this is just going to get worse.When she comes out if she gets the plea deal she will still be able to have more children and that is a horrible thought to me.

Stacy Barker is a monster and deserves NOTHING less than a full MAX sentence. She is a liar, wicked, and evil!! I hope that she is reminded of what a monster she is every day. I hope those women in Lynwood are helping her remember who Emma was EVERYDAY~~:croc:

Although I hate when scum like SB are filling up our jails, I truly believe that nasty girl needs to STAY behind bars for as long as possible. She has truly shown lack of remorse and is sooo arrogant about SMOTHERING her precious baby!

LET HER ROT!!!!

This has been an utterly heartbreaking case, so hard to follow as baby girls pictures are a constant reminder of what wondrous beauty the world lost. Thanks for the updates LCoastmom!

Emma you were a treasure a gift to behold. You deserved life to be loved and cherished. As heavens gates opened onto you the angel's wept, wept as the light that shown from your face was pure and true.
babygirl-1.jpg
EmmaLeighBarker.jpg
emma.jpg

Think you Silvahalo ~

I have a large number of family pictures of her, I think she started smiling, a big take over her face smiles - before she was 2 months old and it seemed she just smiled all the time. And when people say her mother snapped or something must have made her do this - I don't buy it... Aside from her being a selfish beotch -

KBl I am keeping her picture out there. I want people to see this precious angel the way I do, to understand this was a little piece of heaven on earth, who was dearly loved ~ the AV is not a huge place our friends who go to court run into her GParents, Mrs Barker & Mr Barker, GGrandParents and uncles are devastated. As is her daddy and his family.

I would love to be able for their sake to drop this ~ but I can't... I do want them to know this is done with complete and utter respect for them and I am very careful when posting outside of here ~ knowing they may see it ~ To keep my opinions to myself as best I can. To keep the sarcasm and acid from running away with my better sense.

I put up the pictures this week because I know there is no way I will be able to in a few days.

I'll get a link up as soon as I finish the 1 year anniversary piece I am working on.

Stacy Barker is a monster and deserves NOTHING less than a full MAX sentence. She is a liar, wicked, and evil!! I hope that she is reminded of what a monster she is every day. I hope those women in Lynwood are helping her remember who Emma was EVERYDAY~~:croc:

Although I hate when scum like SB are filling up our jails, I truly believe that nasty girl STAYS behind bars for as long as possible. She has truly shown lack of remorse and is sooo arrogant about SMOTHERING her precious baby!

LET HER ROT!!!!

Thanks GF! I've missed you around here!:blowkiss:

lcm i wasnt disapproving of you putting the pictures up. im just having a rough time right now cause it seems every day in 'crimes in the news' there are 3 or 4 new cases of beaten, maimed, molsted or mutiltated babies. its getting tough to stick around :(

Thanks GF! I've missed you around here!:blowkiss:

THANK YOU Left Coast Mom for keeping us all up to date from the other site. I know you have inside info as well, and appreciate all of the hard work you have done, and still do, in the name of justice for Emma Leigh Barker. :angel:

You are truly an angel and I for one want to give you a big :hug: for keeping us in the loop. Tell the other sleuthers I appreciate their hard work and time. :blowkiss:

God Bless you Baby Emma- It's ALL for YOU sweet Angel. :balloons:

lcm i wasnt disapproving of you putting the pictures up. im just having a rough time right now cause it seems every day in 'crimes in the news' there are 3 or 4 new cases of beaten, maimed, molsted or mutiltated babies. its getting tough to stick around :(

I know you you weren't, I put your quote up there to thank you for sticking with us, despite the fact that it hurts so much to do so.. I apologize for coming across in any way but to thank you.

I understand completely, and I don't understand this "trend" either. We can't read anywhere, without finding another case.

A friend of my youngest daughter (she's 21) just lost her 2 yr old son after the boyfriend (not the baby's father) beat him, while mom was at work.

What I don't get: she was being abused by this guy. She moved to TX to be with him. Why did she follow him there and how could she leave her son in his care???

I just don't get it...

I know you you weren't, I put your quote up there to thank you for sticking with us, despite the fact that it hurts so much to do so.. I apologize for coming across in any way but to thank you.

I understand completely, and I don't understand this "trend" either. We can't read anywhere, without finding another case.

A friend of my youngest daughter (she's 21) just lost her 2 yr old son after the boyfriend (not the baby's father) beat him, while mom was at work.

What I don't get: she was being abused by this guy. She moved to TX to be with him. Why did she follow him there and how could she leave her son in his care???

I just don't get it...

:banghead:

From ToriA
OK it is trailed til 4/12 now....For Judge Z wanting not to bring her back so much she is here every 2 weeks to just trail it for another 2 weeks.

NO DEAL OFFERED TODAY, I don't think it was what Cromer wanted because they were trying to debate something with each other in the Jury seating box...

SB'S Maternal Grandparents and Paternal Grandfather were there as usual, I think the other woman was her Maternal Aunt, she looks like SB'S mom. NO BB AGAIN, I wonder if he got a day job now and cannot make it anymore?

Dager had said he wanted to present a motion for SB to get a white Tee shirt.....Judge said well what kind of Tshirt and PD said just a plain white one...we were going to try for a IN N OUT but we didn't think you would go for it...laughing!

SB came out hair brushed in a ponytail, FULL MAKE UP, SMILING AND GRINNING AT HER FAMILY......what is up with that? she also answered the Judges Question Loud and cheery like....(his Q was do you understand) YES .

PD wants the PHONE EVIDENCE from the jail to be transcribed with names of who it is saying what...

PD was asking for 3/29 return but Judge Z said they might need more time to transcribe it so it would be on the 12th.

Kelly got in a few digs at Dager about the names....

During one of the dead times everyone was waiting for Cromer, Dager was talking to the family from a distance because he was chatting with the other DA Gonzalez....well he said This is my sister-in-law, really she is, so I have to be nice to her....and we never discuss our cases.. how is it that they can be on opposing sides and be related? Judge Chung will hear NOTHING from his brother because of that? I think I have heard Dager and Gongalez do some cases in Zackey's courtroom, I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Kelly came in and it was so friggen funny, she is like a down home farm girl type.....she is trying to get into the area that the Jury sits in to talk to Dager and she has a donut in a napkin, it drops out of the napking and says "oh shoot" she picks it up and blows it off. said something like 2 second rule...as she is blowing it off she gets the cooled flaky glaze all over the Aunt and Granny and in the Aunts purse that is sitting on the floor...everyone kinda laughed out loud except the Aunt and Granny and then Kelly ate it! dager said Oh no I can't believe she ATE it! well he said that after she left!

We were talked about and glared at again by Granny (to the aunt) the Grandpa's also stared a bit...

Hey Nurse did the weather report say storms today??? LOL you know bout that! a life preserver and Floods.

that was about all....I wonder if they are going to try to say what ever she said on the taped phone calls was not SB but someone who sounds like her... a friend maybe that might sound like SB? it showed in her attitude that she has some hope of that working for her...

Judge Z closed with he expects Trial to start soon after the 12th. (0 of 60)

If You remember anything Nurse please write it down you know me and little details, I remember the strange stuff...LOL

TTY all later Tori

KatFish Replies
So do I understand you correctly...4/12 will be 0 of 60 but there is no trial date set? Just soon after? geesh!

I don't think there should be any question SB was one part of those phone conversations....I guess I can understand the duh-fense wanting to know who was on the other end.....but it shouldn't be hard to prove.

I wonder why SB was so perky today and groomed....confidence or maybe trying to make an impression on her aunt. I wonder if the aunt (?) is local?

Is it me or was Dager being buddy buddy to Cromer today...teasing her about the donut? Was his SIL still in the court? I wonder if his bro is an attorney too? Anyone know?

Was the t-shirt request for in the jail, or court?

When you said no deal offered today...not what Cromer wanted....did you mean the deal was not acceptable to the state? I know it's a dumb question but just want to clarify.

So a long day for nothing again.... I'd love to know how much it costs to keep bringing sb to court . CA is in a world of hurt financially and yet sb keeps coming back and forth at tax payers expense.

PD Dager has a warped sense of humor I'll ask the girls how Judge Zacky responded but I don't think he found it funny....

Feel free if you have any questions, Tori wrote this and did a great job, but she didn't have Kat to pick her brain before posting. I think Kat hit most of mine, I'll bring over the answers when posted.

Take care...

It has recently been brought to our attention that Emma's daddy Anthony is in an "In-Patient treatment Center" for issues that have developed over the loss of Emma. Treatment for "his depression, anger and over all feelings of torment that SB put him through."

While I am praying for him it doubles my resolve to do whatever is needed to keep sb behind bars.

We can only guess the pain in his heart for things not done or said - just not to deal with sb, and no one in their right mind would blame him. Her own family, people she lived under the same roof with never saw this coming.

Tori; I'm with you there is no doubt in my mind this was premeditated. There was no other reason for her to dose Emma with dimetapp. I'm not sure they could prove it to 12 people but I'd be willing to bet DA Comer could convince some of those 12. Too bad we don't just need a majority of the 12 for a conviction.

A7xmommy said; "Either way, I cannot think of a punishment appropriate enough for her. Just to hear that she was all happy and hopeful and made up really pisses me off. I mean, I know I said in a previous post that maybe it would be better if she got out than to have to sit in jail to have to really face the after-math of Emma's death, but really...Where is the justice...."

Because we are supposed to be civilized people - we are supposed to be above an eye for an eye and live by a set of rules that does not resort to flogging or stoning someone on the streets - but really what does the death penalty offer a case like this. It will not bring the victim back, nor bring the victims family peace of mind. She has no other child, hopefully she will see to it that she never has another.

I think what you said about letting sb go at some point made a lot of sense, sb no longer has a home with her family - they were by all appearances a very close, loving family. The kind anyone would be lucky to have. Does sb care what she has lost? IDK. But her easy life - is over. She has lost everyone close to her.

She will eventually have some sort of life but we know it will never be the good life she had and threw away. She may eventually even meet a man who never heard of her and Emma, since having a man is very important to her, my guess that will be the first thing she looks for. She may easily have 60 years left ahead of her. Every single one will be spent knowing what she did and the older she gets the heavier her heart is going to be. Even if she never speaks Emma's name again....

unlike the A's who will go to their own death claiming KC did not murder Caylee (or steal them blind or dirty dance days after Caylee's death) I think the Barker's know what sb did - on the morning of the 19th before Emma was found, Mr Barker told a reporter, you can ask yourself questions - none of the answers make sense... I think the great-grandparents know what sb did too. But being her grandparents and having been around the block a few times more than her parents - they are putting aside judgement - because that's what grandparents do. I watched my own parents with my kids. It isn't a grand parents job to correct or punish, their only job is truly unconditional love. I can't fault them for loving her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back