LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment From Anne
Is there reason to believe that Mickey turned off of St. Landry before being caught on camera again, or is it assumed that she was abducted between the camera she was seen on and the following, which captured the truck and car?

2:12
AmandaMcElfresh: Anne: The last place the camera saw her was on St. Landry Street, riding her bike past the LCG building there. From there, police don't know how far she made it, whether she turned on a side street, etc. She hasn't been seen on any other footage that has been reviewed so far.

2:11
Comment From Anne
Is there reason to believe that Mickey turned off of St. Landry before being caught on camera again, or is it assumed that she was abducted between the camera she was seen on and the following, which captured the truck and car?
AmandaMcElfresh: Anne: The last place the camera saw her was on St. Landry Street, riding her bike past the LCG building there. From there, police don't know how far she made it, whether she turned on a side street, etc. She hasn't been seen on any other footage that has been reviewed so far.

Just saw a Mickey poster all the way down in Raceland, if any of you know where that is! Which no offence, I would have never expected. The more posters that go up the more of the chance that the sick freak who did this to this poor woman has to see her face EVERYDAY and live with what he has done!

"The last place the camera saw her was on St. Landry Street, riding her bike past the LCG building there. From there, police don't know how far she made it, whether she turned on a side street, etc. She hasn't been seen on any other footage that has been reviewed so far."

My God I miss boudin. The last time I bought some here I should have known something was off because it was spelled "boudain".

It had cilantro in it. We nearly yammed in the kitchen sink.

2:14
Comment From theresa
Do you know if TES is going to do any more searches in Whiskey bay or are they allowing the public in now with boats?

2:15
AmandaMcElfresh: Theresa: The Whiskey Bay searches ended at noon Monday and no more are planned. It's now all open to the public again.

:12
Comment From Acadien
What was the extent of the damage on her bike? Was there any paint residue?
Comment From Liz
When will Forensics know more about the bike
2:13
AmandaMcElfresh: The back rim of the bike was damaged and the tire was dislodged. Forensics/state police crime lab will be looking for any paint residue. They haven't given an exact time frame yet. It is a priority for state police and they started working on it immediately, but are also taking their time to make sure they don't miss anything.
2:13
AmandaMcElfresh: I would guess maybe a week or so, but that's just a guess re: forensic results.
Caitlin Jacob: Just a reminder to everyone: We've got a LOT of people in this chat, and therefore have a really big list of questions to get through. You don't need to submit your question multiple times. We're getting to them as fast as we can, promise :)
Comment From theresa
Do you know if TES is going to do any more searches in Whiskey bay or are they allowing the public in now with boats?

AmandaMcElfresh: Theresa: The Whiskey Bay searches ended at noon Monday and no more are planned. It's now all open to the public again.

Comment From Mark Murphy
There are cameras at the Whiskey Bay exit (EB and WB). Has anyone reviewed this camera footage?

AmandaMcElfresh: Mark: I think that is now part of the investigation.

Just saw a Mickey poster all the way down in Raceland, if any of you know where that is! Which no offence, I would have never expected. The more posters that go up the more of the chance that the sick freak who did this to this poor woman has to see her face EVERYDAY and live with what he has done!

Raceland.. On the way to NOLA via hwy 90.. Also, the way to Port Fourchon. :)

My theory...

The driver of the white truck was impaired (male). The driver had a passenger (female). The driver also had a wife at home (and should not have been with the female). Mickey was hit by accident and the driver and passenger tried to hide what happened rather than face the music.

My theory only. Big MOO.

I was thinking something vaguely similar. I was thinking it could be a male driver/female passenger that picked her up on purpose---which would be why the bike was dumped but not her or her belongings. Not to cover up an accident, but to take her (for lack of a better term)...for personal use.

This might be far fetched..but as to HOW she was taken---There are locals in my area who have driven down a country road attempting to hit a dog (the dogs run up and down the ditches in the country) by opening their door before they approach it. It's a game to some morons around here (IL for those wondering). More than one time a dog has been hit like this and it is obviously, very intentional! Just an idea of how they could of gotten her off the bike w/o destroying it.

Could someone please tell me the order of pictures at the gas station (or if it's even known)?! There's MS on her bike, then one pic w/ truck heading east, then another (or same), heading west?! I notice the dark car is at the pump the entire time but the right car is not..do we know if these two people have been spoken to?

Comment From Mark Murphy
There are cameras at the Whiskey Bay exit (EB and WB). Has anyone reviewed this camera footage?
AmandaMcElfresh: Mark: I think that is now part of the investigation.

2:16
Comment From Sandra W
I understand that her cell phone is turned off. Can it be determined when it was turned off and the location?
2:17
Megan Wyatt: Sandra: Because of the make and model of the phone, it can not be determined. The phone has been off since early Saturday morning when she went missing.

Comment From Patrick
Has any other video footage been discovered that shows Mickey's after 1:48 am? or any footage showing her interacting with the truck of interest?
Comment From Mark Murphy
Can volunteers help to review business/personal video footage?
2:18
AmandaMcElfresh: Patrick: No, no other video footage has been found of Mickey interacting with anyone or any vehicle, or anything past 1:48 a.m. May 19. Volunteers are working the headquarters and searching. Police are doing all of the video review, although if you are a resident or business owner you can look at it yourself first and see if you notice anything before bringing it to police.

"No, no other video footage has been found of Mickey interacting with anyone or any vehicle, or anything past 1:48 a.m."

I just hope this doesn't turn into a cold case.

2:16
Comment From Sandra W
I understand that her cell phone is turned off. Can it be determined when it was turned off and the location?
Megan Wyatt: Sandra: Because of the make and model of the phone, it can not be determined. The phone has been off since early Saturday morning when she went missing.

That's a bit difficult to understand, unless her phone was manufactured in 1996

I am just flabbergasted that GMA would report on tire tracks being found near the bike and yet no other MSM (that I know) of has mentioned it. Odd!

Was also thinking that the bike would fit in the extended cab, wouldn't it...maybe if it was jammed in there...could also have caused the bike damage? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021