Deceased/Not Found Canada - Lyle, 78, & Marie McCann, 77, Alberta, 5 July 2010 #1 *T. Vader guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another photo of what was left of the RV :(

3278629.bin

3278630.bin

source: http://news.globaltv.com/Tips+missing+Alberta+couple+pour/3281741/story.html

Just my opinion, but I don't think there is any way in he##, the McCann's put that RV there.

Just my opinion, but I don't think there is any way in he##, the McCann's put that RV there.
Definitely NOT!!! In the Junkyard (Facebook) link, you posted earlier Ruby, the girl said the RV was spotted in the Minnow Lake campground in a different location from where it was ultimately found burning. So the question is: Did Lyle and Marie Ann drive the RV and SUV to the Minnow Lake campground, and someone attacked them there, then moved the RV to a more secluded location to burn it? or
Did the pervs drive the RV to the Minnow Lake campground, then moved it, and drove away in the SUV?

not sure if I'm being clear, and making much sense lol, I'm kinda tired and sleepy now :bedtime:

Definitely NOT!!! In the Junkyard (Facebook) link, you posted earlier Ruby, the girl said the RV was spotted in the Minnow Lake campground in a different location from where it was ultimately found burning. So the question is: Did Lyle and Marie Ann drive the RV and SUV to the Minnow Lake campground, and someone attacked them there, then moved the RV to a more secluded location to burn it? or
Did the pervs drive the RV to the Minnow Lake campground, then moved it, and drove away in the SUV?

not sure if I'm being clear, and making much sense lol, I'm kinda tired and sleepy now :bedtime:

bbm

That is what I think.

Just read this and we knew the criticism was coming (there are many others to come, I expect) about how bad the police work was for this case.

Bjorklund said they had written the licence plate number down on Thursday, July 8, because the vehicle was moving so slowly. She said she was insulted at how she was treated at the detachment on July 12 and almost didn't go back.

"They never asked our names, our phone numbers or nothing," she said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/07/15/edmonton-missing-couple-rcmp.html#ixzz0toZeyiuB

WTH is wrong with this picture???? First, they treat these people poorly and then they do not even take down their vital info??? Also, the car the witnesses saw was moving so slowly. Could the driver be Mr. McCann? I know that's far out there but who knows???? OMG, sorry for the rant.

Just read this and we knew the criticism was coming (there are many others to come, I expect) about how bad the police work was for this case.
Bjorklund said they had written the licence plate number down on Thursday, July 8, because the vehicle was moving so slowly. She said she was insulted at how she was treated at the detachment on July 12 and almost didn't go back.

"They never asked our names, our phone numbers or nothing," she said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/07/15/edmonton-missing-couple-rcmp.html#ixzz0toZeyiuB

WTH is wrong with this picture???? First, they treat these people poorly and then they do not even take down their vital info??? Also, the car the witnesses saw was moving so slowly. Could the driver be Mr. McCann? I know that's far out there but who knows???? OMG, sorry for the rant.

That is okay I had my rant too.

You know what has surprised me? Three people have seen this car but not one of them called 911 on a cell and said " hey I am behind that car you are looking for, I'll keep a safe distance and watch where it goes, till LE pulls it over". As long as they weren't putting their life at risk.

Nor have I seen any indication that anyone observed who was driving it.

I called 911 on a drunk driver one night and they asked me to keep a safe distance, till LE could intercept it. They kept me on the phone giving them mile marker up-dates.

I know I would have watched where it went but that is just me, especially when two missing persons are connected to it.

How many hours of a drive would it be from Vancouver to Prince George?

I think RubyReds right on the money with those 4 points but what would the motive be here? Robbery?

I agree about the robbery but what did they get besides the SUV? Some cash, jewelry, camping equipment, fishing gear, possibly a hunting rifle? I was surprised to hear that the McCann's credit cards haven't been used since the 3rd. You can't hide forever if you're driving a stolen car and it certainly doesn't seem worth hurting someone over. People have been hurt over less I know but the perp would have to deal with both of the McCann's. Their SUV has windows into the trunk thank goodness. I'm still holding out for a miracle that they'll be ok. They look like any one of our parents. So sad.

I had hoped that The Fitzhugh (our local paper) would have an article on the McCann's this week but I looked twice and didn't see anything. Hopefully, they'll be found before next week's paper comes out.

We hung posters around town tonight (grocery store, public bulletin boards, library, post office, activity center, clinic, museum, Park's info center, etc.). I'm hoping with free admission on Saturday for Parks Day, they'll be seen by many new faces. We'll also keep our eyes wide open for their vehicle and keep praying for their safety.

I'm starting to wonder whether the McCanns might be with the car, too. It just sounds like a couple of old people, even though nobody has described the driver. I wonder if something happened to one of them (accident, illness) and they tried to drive to a hospital?

So....

Motorhome can go over 600 miles on one tank of gas. (Thanks carbuff.) They filled up before heading out from home, and, since it's a pretty straight shot (and not into the mountains yet), there would be no reason for the McCanns to stop for gas until WELL after Edson. Of course, there could be another reason to stop, but I presume that they had most things they needed right in the RV.

It's hard to think of a reason why the McCanns would have driven the RV to Minnow Lake. Their plans were to go to Blue River BC the first night. And, if I recall, marked in their planner, was a stay in the 'Okanagan' for a couple of days shortly after that. Minnow Lake just doesn't fit into that, without some unintended disruption to their plans.

Here's one scenario rattling around in my brain. Perhaps the McCanns made it much further along highway 16 than Edson and then pulled over for the night. While there they saw something that they shouldn't have. Or, someone desperately needed a car (running from something?) and thought it would be 'easy pickings' to snatch the SUV from the elderly couple and ran into resistance. The perp then hid the vehicles somewhat nearby for the day (the 4th), not wanting to drive around with it in broad daylight. The night of the 4th, drove far away from the crime scene, to Minnow Lake and pulled into a camping spot late at night while the entrance was unattended. When the campground employee knocked on the door the next day, the perp became unsettled. When the camp employees left for the day, the perp drove the RV away from the campground to a more remote spot and set it on fire. Then it was time for a quick escape and time to put a lot of distance between the burning RV and himself. Off to Prince George.

Just one scenario. I'm still having trouble with the Minnow Lake location. Also, I don't understand why someone would be leisurely driving around Prince George, still with the Alberta plates, several days later.

Morning ruminations from a ruminating brain.

The RV would go over 600 miles on a full 80-gallon tank if all they did was drive. But as far as I can tell, the same tank powers the generator, so if they (like most RV campers) pulled in for the night and immediately powered up, they might significantly reduce the range. Depending on the generator and how long they keep it running, of course. I'm not familiar with generators and don't know how much gas that might take.

While I realize this will likely be going against the grain of popular opinion on this case (robbery scenario), I, personally, think it is either Mr. or Mrs. McCann driving their car "slowly" around Prince George, and meandering the highways, "unaware" that LE is even looking for him/them. I am implying/speculating some sort of state of delusion here, and it purely speculation on my part.

This could explain why LE is sending plainclothes officers to search for the vehicle (the fact that Mr. and/or Mrs. McCann are unaware LE is looking for them).

Why would a thief be driving the McCann's vehicle "slowly" around town?

Also, I have seen discrepancies on the last reported use of the credit card. One news outlet says July 3rd at the Gas Station in St.Albert, another says July 5th. Which is it?

I hope that the McCann's are safe. I just have this feeling like things are not as they appear.

A B.C. man who reported seeing the SUV belonging to a missing Alberta couple says he's certain it's the right car, and wants to know why it took police so long to follow up on his tip.

Everett Bjorklund told CTV News that he reported seeing Lyle and Marie McCann's SUV to Prince George RCMP on Tuesday.

He said he and his daughter saw the vehicle on July 8.

"I'm sure it was the right car. On Monday night, I saw on the news they were looking for the car -- I'm sure it was the same car," Bjorklund said.

"It was driving along slowly, about 50 kilometres (per hour). It looked really strange."

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...found_100715/20100715?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

The RCMP now suspect foul play in the disappearance of a missing couple from St. Albert.

"There is foul play involved in here some how. There is criminal act already. Burning a motorhome is a criminal act in itself -- you put that together with the missing persons there something with foul play happening here," said Sgt. Patrick Webb with the RCMP.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...edm_missing_100715/20100715/?hub=EdmontonHome

While I realize this will likely be going against the grain of popular opinion on this case (robbery scenario), I, personally, think it is either Mr. or Mrs. McCann driving their car "slowly" around Prince George, and meandering the highways, "unaware" that LE is even looking for him/them. I am implying/speculating some sort of state of delusion here, and it purely speculation on my part.

This could explain why LE is sending plainclothes officers to search for the vehicle (the fact that Mr. and/or Mrs. McCann are unaware LE is looking for them).

Why would a thief be driving the McCann's vehicle "slowly" around town?

Also, I have seen discrepancies on the last reported use of the credit card. One news outlet says July 3rd at the Gas Station in St.Albert, another says July 5th. Which is it?

I hope that the McCann's are safe. I just have this feeling like things are not as they appear.

I sincerely hope this is the case, but then I have to wonder why didn't they show up at their daughter's like they were supposed to? Why didn't they call her at least? Something is missing here. JMO.

"Officers do not currently have any suspects in the burning of the RV. The family is certain the couple would have never come to the campground where their motorhome was found.

The road leading to the campsite is pitted with deep pot holes."

If the family doesn't think they would have stopped at this campground...I also believe that.

I sincerely hope this is the case, but then I have to wonder why didn't they show up at their daughter's like they were supposed to? Why didn't they call her at least? Something is missing here. JMO.

Just to add to this as well:

Bret McCann says a calendar inside the couple's home outlined where they wanted to stop along their trip.

"They had noted on the Monday and Tuesday they had planned to be in Kelowna."
http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...edm_missing_100715/20100715/?hub=EdmontonHome

If they were to be in Kelowna on the Monday and Tuesday, that would be the 5th and 6th. On the 8th is when the SUV was spotted in Prince George, and in the complete opposite direction they were to be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member