Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
January 2010 she changed J**'s last name to her own maiden name.
February 2010 she sent J** to live with his grandparents while Kaine was away.

Hitchiking also off of puf's posts here.. RT (biodad) wife S posted on her FB that J moved in with them in January. Not February, not March (also reported/told by TH etc).

In order to change his name, his birth certificate would have to be changed, correct? I was just thinking the legal paperwork for the child support would have his old legal name and not his new legal name thus requiring it to be amended or changed or something, which might have occurred anyway? I don't know. I was just more curious than anything.

No, you can change your name just by using a second name (as long as your intent is not fraud), legally using both names (married women often do this, keeping maiden name for professional and married for social). You can also change your name formally in court, but none of it requires changing your birth certificate.

I have wondered that many times as well....what was their motivation to get married after 5 years?

Add me to the list of people who wondered about this! I have some thoughts, but they're just wild speculation and no nefarious reason. Maybe they just decided it was time.

It's important to remember that Terri and Kaine lived together unmarried for 5 years (I still wonder what the impetus was to get married). During that time, Terri worked at various jobs (most of them in the restaurant business) and received child support for J. Plus, she presumably had money left over from the lawsuit settlement against Chubby's and the lawsuit money from the car accident. I imagine that they probably still carried on the same way after marriage to a certain degree with separate accounts.

If I remember correctly, she was whining in an email, how she had to spend all her $30,000 to take care of Kyron, "because his mother wouldn't do it," so she had no money left.

Hitchiking also off of puf's posts here.. RT (biodad) wife S posted on her FB that J moved in with them in January. Not February, not March (also reported/told by TH etc).

- respectfully snipped...

Interesting! So the name change and the move happened in the same month? Curiouser and curiouser. Thanks for finding that.

If I remember correctly, she was whining in an email, how she had to spend all her $30,000 to take care of Kyron, "because his mother wouldn't do it," so she had no money left.

She did, but according to what I read from the OL article about her, she and J (who was about 7/8 at the time) moved in with Kaine when Kyron was 2 months old (December of 2002. She divorced Ecker in January of 2002). Also, she took Ecker to court in January of 2003 and had his child support quadrupled (550ish per month).

At that time, Desiree still had custody of Kyron. Kyron would spend 2 hours every day with Kaine - Kyron was in daycare for a good chunk of the day and then spent the night with Desiree. This went on until 2004.

During 2002 and 2003, Terri was attending some University (the name escapes me now) earning her Master's degree. She was also an on-call substitute for Portland School District or another one close by.

Even after 2004 when Kaine got full custody, Kyron was still going to daycare every day.

She did, but according to what I read from the OL article about her, she moved in with Kaine when Kyron was 2 months old (December of 2002. She divorced Ecker in January of 2002).

At that time, Desiree still had custody of Kyron. Kyron would spend 2 hours every day with Kaine - Kyron was in daycare for a good chunk of the day and then spent the night with Desiree. This went on until 2004.

During 2002 and 2003, Terri was attending some University (the name escapes me now) earning her Master's degree. She was also an on-call substitute for Portland School District or another one close by.

Even after 2004 when Kaine got full custody, Kyron was still going to daycare every day.

This kinda shows me, that Terri's whinny emails,shows BS and lies.

No, you can change your name just by using a second name (as long as your intent is not fraud), legally using both names (married women often do this, keeping maiden name for professional and married for social). You can also change your name formally in court, but none of it requires changing your birth certificate.

Add me to the list of people who wondered about this! I have some thoughts, but they're just wild speculation and no nefarious reason. Maybe they just decided it was time.

Yes and no, but not so cut and dry when going by your middle name. You can go by your middle name, but will always be referred to your first name when it comes to insurance purposes, driver licenses, school and so on, because they always come back at you with, 'its your legal name'. Its quite annoying.

True dat! But I also remember reading she went through that restaurant settlement money before she even met Kaine? Something about using that $$ to go back to school for a degree?

Is it me, or is it interesting how confusing this case is? I mean, here we are even discussing Terri's income, whether she was or wasn't working, what she claims and what is not found to backup claims online via her certification and all that. Amazing how much we do and don't know about her, what with all the inconsistencies just about her, herself!

Right. Terri and J actually went through the court to have his name legally changed from Ecker to Moulton. I saw the docket. It was right around the time he moved out. I think it is a huge slap in the face to the man who adopted J and paid support every month without even getting to see him.

Right. Terri and J actually went through the court to have his name legally changed from Ecker to Moulton. I saw the docket. It was right around the time he moved out. I think it is a huge slap in the face to the man who adopted J and paid support every month without even getting to see him.

I agree with you 1000%! Huge slap in the face.

Forgive me for beating this dead horse, but I still don't understand. If they went to court to change his name, wouldn't that name change be reflected by a new birth certificate and social security card name change (not new number - just different name like when you get married)? BUT, of course, that doesn't change the paternity on the birth certificate, so it would still reflect Ecker as his paternal father as he legally adopted him.

I agree with you 1000%! Huge slap in the face.

Forgive me for beating this dead horse, but I still don't understand. If they went to court to change his name, wouldn't that name change be reflected by a new birth certificate and social security card name change (not new number - just different name like when you get married)? BUT, of course, that doesn't change the paternity on the birth certificate, so it would still reflect Ecker as his paternal father as he legally adopted him.

I believe that J would get a new SS card with his new name. A copy of the legal name change form would be attached to it, however.

ETA - Sorry, so sleepy, don't know what I'm saying! He would get a new SS card and a new BC. The name change form would be attached to the BC.

HORMAN: You know, I`d rather not, our divorce case is still pending. We`re in the middle of the legal process there. The criminal cases haven`t started.

And when they do — yes, I really — yes, I have theories but sharing those theories potentially does some jeopardy to his case by giving other people insight that I really don`t want to have to share that information with.

BBM. Did anyone else notice that Kaine stated "criminal caseS?"

I find that interesting. Perhaps he is referring to 2 cases: Ky and MFH. Or perhaps he is referring to other people involved... What is your take on it?

Yes and no, but not so cut and dry when going by your middle name. You can go by your middle name, but will always be referred to your first name when it comes to insurance purposes, driver licenses, school and so on, because they always come back at you with, 'its your legal name'. Its quite annoying.

hmm, that hasn't been the experience in my family. My mother goes by her middle name and only some of her most 'official' documents use the first initial+middle name (like J Franklin Smith). Many, many use only her middle name + surname (Franklin Smith). My sister made up a completely new first name and just started using it. It appears various ways on her official documents. Neither have had new birth certificates issued (but neither went through a court name change). I am one of those women who use my maiden name professionally and my married name when it suits me; both are legally mine to use.
The other examples I am familiar with are via immigration; when someone naturalizes (becomes a US citizen) they have the option to change their name legally via that process (often from an Asian or Cyrillic to a Western spelling) and I know those people are not issued new birth certificates (that is a court-effected name change).

When you go to SSA to change the name on your Social Security account, you just have to provide a document showing how & why (IE marriage certificate or the court name change order).

HORMAN: You know, I`d rather not, our divorce case is still pending. We`re in the middle of the legal process there. The criminal cases haven`t started.

And when they do — yes, I really — yes, I have theories but sharing those theories potentially does some jeopardy to his case by giving other people insight that I really don`t want to have to share that information with.

BBM. Did anyone else notice that Kaine stated "criminal caseS?"

I find that interesting. Perhaps he is referring to 2 cases: Ky and MFH. Or perhaps he is referring to other people involved... What is your take on it?

WOW! I missed that. Thank you for a great find.

Well, now I'm confused. Terri's archived FB says that she graduated with her Master's degree from Pacific University in 2005.

I skipped past a few posts (sorry) to say that I believe that Terri is an extremely vindictive person. And worse.

It has never been clear to me why J was sent away before Kyron went missing. I heard it was because J couldn't get along with Kaine--but also it was because he couldn't get along with Terri. For awhile there was a theory that Terri was made to send him away, and maybe she did something to Kyron as a form of revenge against Kaine for that.

The fact that J is now living with Terri again supports the idea that it was Kaine he couldn't get along with. So, maybe Terri did disappear Kyron for revenge.

Or, if it's true she'd been planning this for awhile, maybe she wanted J living elsewhere to make ultra sure that he didn't come under suspicion for the crime.

Or be around to see things that he could later reveal. I'm of the opinion Terri's love for her children only goes so far. Her first and main concern is for herself, and at all times. I don't think she would send J away to keep him from being named a suspect. She probably didn't want an older child around who could reveal just what the heck she was doing. Of course that's my opinion.

Desiree seems quite confident in this video, as if she's speaking from knowledge instead of speaking with emotion. Sounds to me that she's certain that LE know it's Terri and that they are strategically building a case against her.

NBC Medford

But... arrested and going to jail for what?
Could it be for something parallel to Kyron's disappearance?

I think DY knows a lot. A LOT MORE than what we are privy to. And I bet there is a lot she doesn't know as well (ie: investigative details... vast majority of them)

I think the divorce and the M4H plot have provided her (as well as her own personal knowledge of Terri) with alot of what she brings forth now with her determination. Normally, these sorts of things/findings would not be known in an investigation but due to there being another child involved of course some of this information that LE had was let out of the bag.

I think there is MUCH MORE in that bag... stuff that we do not know... Stuff that DY does not know. in saying that I trust the GJ and the legal process... and I think once they move forward with an indictment/true bill ((((which imhoo I think they will get sooner than later... most likely after the start of the new year))) pressure can be applied where it needs to be... and perhaps.. just perhaps the perp will work out a plea.

I myself do NOT see Terri EVER working out a plea. To me (((((((((jmhoo))))))))))) she is a female Scott Peterson and will not bend one iota. If she is indicted under a true bill she will go to the tops of mountains to scream her innocence ((without ever speaking of course... she is very careful that way!)). A plea... I do not ever see that happening with Ms Terri unless more is known/found out for her to do so.

would a prison sentence for M4H be enough for a plea deal for Kyron? I doubt it. I am sure House has her convinced he can beat that all the way to the bank. And we have to remember that he is her only friend and cheerleader right now. And what does Houze have on Kaine?

There is sure to be some smearing going on soon in this divorce hearing.

Bottom line is where is Kyron and I think Terri knows. To be able to go to sleep every night knowing this....

only one word in my opinion:

DIABOLICAL.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads