TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabel Z. is the other writer for Examiner who is approved here as being reliable...

LOl thanks i know her name ended with a z

I know Cindy Adams writes there but i dont know if we can post hers!

Sure is quiet here this morning!

Sad to say there is nothing new!

Its been too long now!

I appreciate the way that Isabelle writes. She tries to NOT include rumor in her articles. This case has been difficult since the LE has not had a spokesperson reporting to the media often; therefore, the media have been reporting rumors as fact. These last two articles have some great information:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...amily-and-friends?CID=examiner_alerts_article

A sea of online rumors and accusations against Clint Bobo have frustrated Holly's family and are unfounded.

On Monday Kristen Helm, spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), responded to this Examiner.com news writer's email saying, "To reiterate what the Director [of TBI] said, no one has been ruled out at this time.

“However, the focus of law enforcement developing a suspect is outside immediate friends and family.

"Both Clint and Drew have been helpful and cooperative throughout the investigation. Clint, is being treated as an eye witness at this time,” Helm said.

Sure is quiet here this morning!

Sad to say there is nothing new!

Its been too long now!

Yeah it hit me hard last nite. This morning just seems different. Maybe it was the bad premonitions? I hate to feel so gloomy and negative inside.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ed-tue-75k-reward?CID=examiner_alerts_article

As the search for Holly Bobo moves into day 6 the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations made a few announcements Monday: (1)They need more volunteers to come search Tuesday; (2) this is not a hoax; (3) they want people in the community to think about anything peculiar that happened since Holly went missing; and (4) the governor has tripled the reward amount.

During Monday’s press conference TBI Director Mark Gwyn announced that Governor Bill Haslam has increased the reward for information on the whereabouts of Holly Bobo to $75,000.

Investigators went door-to-door asking neighbors near Holly’s home if they saw anything the day she disappeared, Gwyn told reporters Monday afternoon. Another 30 leads came in Monday, bringing the total of leads to about 280, he said.

I hope that they find who did this soon. Hopefully bringing someone in for questioning will bring results in the search. :(

Yeah it hit me hard last nite. This morning just seems different. Maybe it was the bad premonitions? I hate to feel so gloomy and negative inside.

I know i feel the same way, I feel like Drained.

No Parent should have a missing child!

Now why would a car be abandoned with pertinent items left inside? In a hurry? Surely this vehicle yielded many clues.....even if it was stolen.

We haven't heard any details at all......her cell phone and any pings, who owns the car, fingerprints found, dna evidence from inside the car, how far back the driver seat was set, tire prints, etc...........

Good morning all. Assuming the car is true (big assumption at this point) and it wasn't stolen just for use in the abduction, then they should know exactly who took her. But, if that's the case, why ask the community about people cleaning cars and ATVs. Even more puzzling, the date of this article does seem to tie fairly closely to when they said they needed more searchers because of "new developments".

It is pretty startling that no one name has surfaced on the FB pages or various comment sections of articles, especially since a rumor has been floated about a so-called specific person. I'm guessing that if that person exists, he is accounted for and if not cleared (no one is) maybe seems to have a reliable alibi.

By now, going into 7th search day, if LE had someone in mind who could not be located, I would think there would be leaks and lots of gossip online.

Have there been any cases where LE actually did find a victim, and did not report it in attempt to apprehend the perp?

For instance, what if she had been found being held in a remote location, and LE wants to wait for the perp to come back to that location?

Have there been any cases where LE actually did find a victim, and did not report it in attempt to apprehend the perp?

For instance, what if she had been found being held in a remote location, and LE wants to wait for the perp to come back to that location?

Yes although its not common. Actually I think on one of the other WS missing threads the suspect actually turned the victim over to the cops or a hospital. Saw that this morning but did not read.

Remember also Sarah Maynard who was taken from her home just a couple of months ago. She was rescued alive although her mother, brother and family friend were killed (and stuffed into a hollow tree) Of course there is Eliz Smart and Jaycee Dugard as well.

I appreciate the way that Isabelle writes. She tries to NOT include rumor in her articles. This case has been difficult since the LE has not had a spokesperson reporting to the media often; therefore, the media have been reporting rumors as fact. These last two articles have some great information:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...amily-and-friends?CID=examiner_alerts_article

I think it was important that they said NO ONE is ruled out as suspects, it was foolish of them to do so to start with.

Take a look at all the cases we follow here on this board!
Missing children! Missing wives!
And I have to say most of the time its a family member. Im not saying this is the case here but ya cant rule everyone out till ya found out who did whatever was done to Holly bobo.
Investigators need to keep an open mind, follow every lead, I think they waited a little to long to ask the community if they saw anything suspicious. All the door to door canvasing should have been done last wed when she went missing,

the initial info was a bit vague... Not much to go on... and they have an awful amout of wilderness to cover looking for Holly
JMVOO nothing more!

Posted this last night just before the other thread got closed...for those that missed it as it's a worthwhile read. We're passing the threshold now of some of the longest abductions that resulted in a good outcome. Some results of a study done for a book which I will link at the bottom:

78% of adult kidnappers transport their victims
83% were held for less than 24 hours
The same percentage survive the ordeal - glimmer of hope
What makes this case stand out? Only about 6% of adult kidnappings occur during the day. To me this potentially reinforces what the authorities are saying about this being someone who had some connection in the community/work/school whatever. A small percentage of abductions occur at home--- 33% and that choice was predicated on them knowing the person/having a prior relationship. Otherwise they attacked in public places with easy access.

Also interesting that they state most people are not mentally ill that do these types of things to adults and arguably she is an adult. Probably goes to why they were saying look for someone cleaning a car, selling it, maybe burning it.

This case reminds me so much of Molly Bish up this way. The largest manhunt/search in MA history and we didn’t find her for 3 years and not far from where she went missing. They are just now potentially connecting the dots on a serial killer. The area they found her was pretty close to where she was taken. It was a hunter that found her 3 years later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Bish

Here's the link to the book for those that missed it. Google should allow you to read for free many of the important parts. http://books.google.com/books?id=prt...page&q&f=false

I'm not sure what to make on the car. At the same time it was being denied they shifted the search and have been in that area ever since. Not sure what to make of the 911 calls either. In some sense I wish they'd been more forthcoming but there may be a reason behind it.

I'm pretty confident that they are right that it is someone they know. The location of the abduction really points to that based on the studies. I hope they are digging through FB/Myspace records for denied connections etc.

Prayers and thoughts but like many of you I feel time is passing.

Good morning friends!

Man what a rough nite. Maybe because I am tired, worried about Holly, etc. but my ptsd was bad and my usual nitemares became Holly nitemares. It was wierd to see things in that perspective. Unsettling.

Soooooooo I think more Chef Emril coffee is needed here!

I deamt about Holly too. Twice. I woke up from the first dream, came on to see if anything had been found, fell asleep and dreamt more...

In my dreams she is still alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member