ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd feel a whole lot better if Dad was speaking out, I guess. I know it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, but why is the entire paternal side of the family keeping such a "low profile"? And I don't buy the excuse that LE told them not to talk. JMO

I don't agree that dad should be talking to media, I think the police are covering his family. I'm not sure *I* would be talking to media if the information was getting out there. Pretty suspicious that what's coming from TR isn't necessarily the truth anyway. Not that I think she had anything to do with Ayla's disappearance. IMO

Anyone know of any instances where a "public plea" brought a child home??

Wondering why the mother didn't report the bruises,etc on Ayla?

I don't agree that dad should be talking to media, I think the police are covering his family. I'm not sure *I* would be talking to media if the information was getting out there. Pretty suspicious that what's coming from TR isn't necessarily the truth anyway. Not that I think she had anything to do with Ayla's disappearance. IMO

Just that most of the truly innocent parents and families have usually put themselves out there...and again, it is just my opinion...not to say it helps, but innocent people seem to feel compelled to beg for help from anyone who will listen.
JMO

http://www.wmtw.com/r/30037097/detail.html

It's short, so I'll paraphrase. Wardens were searching the Quarry Road Recreation Area, 1/2 a mile from Main Street, Waterville. they were also searching Dumpsters outside Champions Fitness/Nightclub on Elm Plaza, as well as at the Comfort Inn on Main Street. These two locations are about four miles from the house where Ayla disappeared.

Just that most of the truly innocent parents and families have usually put themselves out there...and again, it is just my opinion...not to say it helps, but innocent people seem to feel compelled to beg for help from anyone who will listen.
JMO

If I thought that a monster in human form had genuinely taken my child, I would be too busy selling everything I own to get a PI, as opposed to going on TV and giving the sicko the satisfaction of seeing me beg.

I don’t know of a kidnapping where the kidnapper responded to the parent's pleas, but searchers respond to parents' pleas. Here is a happy story of a man who just decided one day that he should go search for a stranger's child with his church group:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36462501/ns/us_news-life/t/girl-found-after-days-swamp/#.TvEO3ZjN7zI
http://www.tonic.com/p/autistic-girl-nadia-bloom-found-alive-in-gator-infested-swamps/

One right off hand was that little boy in Canada just not to long ago, the parents plead, and the man who took him,I think his mother plead to and the man returned the boy, I'm pretty sure it was Canada :waitasec: lol I read so many case's daily I'll see if I can find a link ..

ETA link:

Abducted Boy Returned After Plea

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/abducted-canadian-boy-returned-parents-plea-14507473

Ayla Reynolds Search Uncovers Troubled Family History, No Signs of Baby

75 officers have been searching for Ayla by land, water and air, WMTW reported

Fox News reported that police took two vehicles

According to the Herald, a neighbor told police a strange car arrived at the DiPietro home late Friday night

Police dispatched an evidence collection team to DiPietro's home the place Ayla was last seen, according to ABC News. The DiPietro family has left their home so police can investigate

more at link ..................... http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-search-uncovers-troubled-family-history-no-204800797.html

One right off hand was that little boy in Canada just not to long ago, the parents plead, and the man who took him, his mother plead and the man returned the boy, I'm pretty sure it was Canada :waitasec: lol I read so many case's daily I'll see if I can find a link ..

That's right, he brought him to his family in British Columbia, Canada unharmed after a few days. Supposedly he realized how much this family loved this child, although he never should have been on the streets IMO, due to his previous history & molestations.

If the dad is not answering her calls, I wonder why she doesn't drive out there, and ask the family, or talk to them. Do you think LE has just asked her to not come at all?

This is my suspicion. LE has told BOTH parents (and all relatives for that matter) to just stay back & cooperate while they search.

Just one, 3 year old Keinan Hebert of Sparwood, Canada. Go Mounties! He was returned alive an unharmed.

Part of stream drained in search for missing toddler

WATERVILLE — A section of Messalonskee Stream was drained overnight as investigators on today continued to look for clues in the disappearance of toddler Ayla Reynolds.

Investigators examined Dumpsters, garages, backyards, ball fields and small wooded areas near the Violette Avenue home where the 20-month-old girl was last seen sleeping in her bed.

“In a quick briefing, the warden service said it had been drained down because they were going to walk the banks and there would be a flyover,” Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey told reporters this afternoon. “And because of the low water, as you might expect, visibility would be a lot better.”

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Stream-drained-in-search-for-missing-girl.html

Texts from him to her that she was paranoid that someone was going to take baby Ayla? WTH???? (Mike Brooks said this)

Hinky! And what they heck is Mike Brooks indicating (I really hate talking heads)

One right off hand was that little boy in Canada just not to long ago, the parents plead, and the man who took him,I think his mother plead to and the man returned the boy, I'm pretty sure it was Canada :waitasec: lol I read so many case's daily I'll see if I can find a link ..

ETA link:

Abducted Boy Returned After Plea

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/abducted-canadian-boy-returned-parents-plea-14507473

Here is the WS link to Keinan's case. A real miracle!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148997&highlight=kienan

With complete respect to those whose opinions differ:

I absolutely think the parents of a missing child (especially these "missing from their beds" type of cases) should be treated as "POIs". As should anyone else who was in the home or had access to the missing child. From the first minute.

That does not mean overstepping legal procedures or harassing the parents, but they should be surveilled and questioned, vehicles should be searched, etc. Too much valuable time can pass if the parents are not immediately looked at for the disappearance.

I think (I won't say I KNOW, because who does unless they find themselves in that position?) that I would expect to be treated as a suspect/POI if my child went missing under suspicious circumstances while in my care. And as I have said before, I would retain an attorney right away. It would be the sensible thing to do and I honestly don't see how an innocent parent having representation impedes an investigation.

That said, I do think that parents who do not cooperate with LE either on their own or under the advice of counsel are highly suspect. Finding that child should be the MOST important thing and an innocent parent, it seems, would move heaven and earth to cooperate.

And by cooperate, I mean with LE. I totally get not wanting to speak to the press and they are under no obligation to tell 'us' anything. As much as we want to know EVERYTHING. And I do. I just can't say that not talking to the media looks hinky.

I'd feel a whole lot better if Dad was speaking out, I guess. I know it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, but why is the entire paternal side of the family keeping such a "low profile"? And I don't buy the excuse that LE told them not to talk. JMO

BBM respectfully, why not?

If LE said not to talk & then the mother's going on every MSM interview she can "bad-mouthing" (my word) the father & his family while the father & his family keeps quiet as directed by LE . . . we don't know, but IMHO LE told them to keep quiet & let them do their work.

I agree, unless I am in this situation, all I know is I would be retaining an attorney. Don't know if I'd go on TV or be interviewed by anyone but LE but I sure would have my lawyer next to me.

Wondering why the mother didn't report the bruises,etc on Ayla?

Do we know for a fact that she didn't report the bruises? She was requesting custody and possibly had that in her request.

<<<respectfully snipped>>>

During that time, Ayla's mom said she became concerned when she saw bruises, and confronted him.

TR: He said well, you know, her and my neice like to go down on the stairs. Like, it could be from that. I just..I didn't believe it.

Why didn't she believe this? Why did she not limit visits if she was concerned? and I know how bruised my nieces & nephews were at that age, especially during the summertime when we're outside all day. Heck, my mother tells the story that I had an "egg" on my forehead from bumping into furniture from the time I was 9 months (started walking) until I was 3 years old . . .

If the mother was concerned about Ayla's well-being, why allow her father ANY time with her? Hinky to me . . . 1.5 hrs drive is not too far to me

Ayla Reynolds Search Uncovers Troubled Family History, No Signs of Baby

75 officers have been searching for Ayla by land, water and air, WMTW reported

Fox News reported that police took two vehicles

According to the Herald, a neighbor told police a strange car arrived at the DiPietro home late Friday night

Police dispatched an evidence collection team to DiPietro's home the place Ayla was last seen, according to ABC News. The DiPietro family has left their home so police can investigate

more at link ..................... http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-search-uncovers-troubled-family-history-no-204800797.html

what does the mother drive? Her mother drive? Her friends drive?

I assume if the car was someone who frequented there (friends/family) it would not be considered "strange" . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998