Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC FCA requested and was granted indigent status for her appeal.

Would FCA lose her status if she received any money before the appeal is heard or even filed at this point?

Is that true? CM is her attorney for the appeal. If she were indigent she would have to have a court appointed attorney and not CM. jmo

:
Originally Posted by Niner
respectfully snipped...
Yikes! Ours here run about $5 and change... but still very expensive! So my Huz and I went on the internet and order tobacco, and roll our own. Got a contraption to roll cigs with - and LOT less expensive!!

BBM

;) giggle ;)

okay, octobermoon - not THAT kind of roll your own!! :floorlaugh:

okay - off to watch a movie with the Huz... thought I'd post this though!!

Attachments

• caylee marie.jpg
    caylee marie.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 6
Is that true? CM is her attorney for the appeal. If she were indigent she would have to have a court appointed attorney and not CM. jmo

I imagine that any attorney acting pro bono could take the case. Miss Blanche DuBois of the legal system has always been able to get free counsel. Probably because she still stinks like a high-profile case and these folks feel they can sell their stories or get publicity. Although that aroma is quickly fading; she is the worst enemy of her own marketability these days and is attracting the kind of attention that is even below cheap tabloids.

I think CM continues to represent her because if he sees his name on the news he knows he's still breathing.

I've been thinking...

The Anthony's have already given their "exclusive" interview. There will never be another one that needs to be given unless someone else in their family goes missing for thirty-one days? The trial is over? We have their post-verdict thoughts? There are now other cases that involve other missing/murdered children? They cannot offer any kind of thoughts about these cases because according to them now, Caylee was never missing and she was not murdered. According to them, Caylee drowned just like any number of children drown every year?

Also, how in the world can they even proclaim to have any kind of insight into grandparents rights? According to them, Casey was a wonderful mother? They were never concerned about Caylee? How can they help grandparents going through the painful process of gaining custodial rights over their grandchildren because their own children are putting them in danger? They would know nothing about it, right?

So that brings me here... now what?

Books? I honestly do not think any publisher is going to give them any kind of substancial advance -- if they even get an advance at all? I don't think anyone wants to touch anything with the Anthony name attached. It's one thing to prance them in front of a camera and get that "exclusive" post-verdict interview. It's a completely different deal for someone to put money into something that they know will not sell and I honestly do not believe that a book written by anyone with the last name Anthony will sell.

Movies? Nope! I just don't see any network paying money for the rights to their version of the "truth."

Interviews? Why? They've already given their "exclusive."

Speaking engagements? For what? Missing children? Nope! Murdered children? Nope! Grandparents rights? Nope! What to do when your grandchild drowns? Nope! Casey informed us all about how they handle a child drowning!

So the Anthony's have their $500,000.00 donation. Do you see anymore substancial donations in the future? I don't! So they better spend that money wisely! But, if I know one thing about the Anthony's it is that they do not spend money wisely! They have always lived above their means and I do not see that changing! They will be broke and desperate in less than three years if you ask me! Hopefully not desperate enough to make another family member go missing for 31 days! Unless it is Casey, of course!

LolaMoon, your post got me to 'thinking' which is a dangerous thing for me. LOL.
So what if the Anthony's are re-fabbing the bathroom to up the price of selling their house???? Not that anyone would buy it mind you because of Caylee. But really, what if they were fixing it up to sale? What if they are expecting to live in a mansion complete with servents? I could totally see them doing that as they think they are so special and deserve to be treated like royality.

Excuse me! I have to go to the bathroom now, I've made myself sick.

I imagine that any attorney acting pro bono could take the case. Miss Blanche DuBois of the legal system has always been able to get free counsel. Probably because she still stinks like a high-profile case and these folks feel they can sell their stories or get publicity. Although that aroma is quickly fading; she is the worst enemy of her own marketability these days and is attracting the kind of attention that is even below cheap tabloids.

I think CM continues to represent her because if he sees his name on the news he knows he's still breathing.

Okay, I'm as thick as they come but I do have to ask. Is there really a Miss Blanche DuBois other than the one on the Golden Girls?

Okay, I'm as thick as they come but I do have to ask. Is there really a Miss Blanche DuBois other than the one on the Golden Girls?
----------
There's this little play titled: A Streetcar Named Desire

Tennessee Williams

BTW: I first referenced the "Out, damned spot!" from Lady MacBeth in reference to this case at Websleuths (the beginning of the trial).

You might be able to tell that some of us have experience in the theatre or theater, whatever.

All the world is a stage (William Shakespeare).

And, yes, this was a trial of Shakespearian proportions. What a tragedy.

Isn't it strange how many smokers are on this thread alone (myself included)?

I have been a smoker since I was 18 years old, only quitting for pregnancies. I have quit a few times other than that but pregnancies were the only time I was motivated. So, I always started back, because doing it for myself instead of babies never happened.

For those of you who don't smoke, I doubt you will ever start. But for those of us who do, if you are like me it is a constant fear everytime you get a lump, bump, sore throat, is this cancer?

It is like dodging a bullet that will eventually land, in just a matter of time.

Reading this thread has me motivated again, maybe I'll give it a go.

I started at age 16 and at age 41, I woke up one morning promising myself to never smoke another cigarette. And I didn't, for seven years. Then, when faced with a personal tragedy, someone offered me a cigarette and I took it. I have smoked ever since. I do try to limit the number of cigs per day though, partly due to health issues but mostly due to the cost.

I have tried the same thing--waking up one morning promising no more cigs--but it only worked for me that one time. I must have been more "ready" then than I have been since. (Truth be known, I like my cigs.)

Blanche Devereaux is the character on Golden Girls. I'm embarassed to admit I know that. :blushing:

Congrats to all who didn't smoke today or smoked less today!

happy_hour.jpg

my-booze.jpg

I remember thinking that too, but at the end of the trial HHJP asked if they would be appealing the verdict and they hemmed and hawed and said yes. And then one of them said they would like to continue her indigency status. I guess at that time JB and CM continued to be her lawyer for the appeal. And now JB is apparently not there any more.
Maybe I'm getting something mixed up. I was really in a state of shock at that time.

I remember thinking that too, but at the end of the trial HHJP asked if they would be appealing the verdict and they hemmed and hawed and said yes. And then one of them said they would like to continue her indigency status. I guess at that time JB and CM continued to be her lawyer for the appeal. And now JB is apparently not there any more.
Maybe I'm getting something mixed up. I was really in a state of shock at that time.

I recall HHJP telling JB he couldn't be KC's attorney for the appeal but I think he meant that he could not be paid by the state as her attorney. If any attorney wants to represent her pro bono I believe they are free to do so. I think CM is doing the appeal pro bono. KC's indigency status being on record may be so she doesn't have to pay filing fees.

I recall HHJP telling JB he couldn't be KC's attorney for the appeal but I think he meant that he could not be paid as her attorney. If any attorney wants to represent her pro bono I believe they are free to do so. I think CM is doing the appeal pro bono. KC's indigency status being on record may be so she doesn't have to pay filing fees.

That may be so, but even in indigency cases don't the attorneys send off bills from investigators, experts, etc to the State for payment?

I just remember something about FCA still being able to get the State to "fund" her defense, even during an appeal!

Hi.. I am a longtime member .. I seldom post.. (it takes all my time just to read and try to catch up lol).. Between work and couponing.. seems i dont have alot of time anymore ..
Wanted to post something about the smoking.. Here in pasadena (calif) they passed a new law starting Jan 1st. You can no longer smoke in any apts / duplexes/ condo's (even if you own the condo) You cant smoke in any building that has walls that connect with another dwelling... Im waiting for someone to sue over this one.. .. (i know about the law as i make signs and all apts have to have signs at every entrance and stair case in the complex.
.. Just an interesting off topic remark.. from me.

Blanche is known in that play for the saying (delivered with a femme fatale southern drawl) that "I always relah on the kahndness of strange-ahs".

That may be so, but even in indigency cases don't the attorneys send off bills from investigators, experts, etc to the State for payment?

I just remember something about FCA still being able to get the State to "fund" her defense, even during an appeal!

If KC had a public defender for her appeal it would essentially be the state funding it. I do not believe JB was eligible for the state to fund him being her attorney for her appeal; at least that's how I interpreted what HHJP said.

CM just can't collect a fee from the state, correct?

CM just can't collect a fee from the state, correct?

I doubt it but I don't know how it works in FL. I'd imagine that the state would insist on state funds going to public defenders. IIRC, they had a cap on what they would allow defense experts to charge as well so as to keep it parallel with the state's budget for expert witnesses.

At best, CM might be getting reimbursed at that level but I wouldn't think so. From what I hear, he's richer than God so I doubt he would stoop to taking state funds even if eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho