OH OH - Chelsea Johnson, 15, murdered, Fairfield, 16 April 2012

That name... TC sounds so familiar to me. :waitasec:
There is another TC (TeC) who was wanted for Arson in Columbus and was just arrested in Florida. No clue if they are related, just thought I'd note it.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/crime/new-details-surfacing-in-teens-homicide-1361899.html

Muo Salh, a manager at the AmeriStop on Nilles Road near Johnson’s residence, said Johnson had stopped in the store at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday, the last day she was seen.
Salh said she was with “her neighbor,” whom he had seen before, although he could not identify the man. That neighbor bought a prepaid phone card, and then he and Johnson left, heading west on Nilles Road.

If he was the neighbor at the store with her this doesnt look good at all.

Wow. thought there would be an arrest by now.

If LE is certain that they know who did it (seems pretty likely in this case), are keeping an eye on him, and are confident that he poses no general threat to the public, they will most likely take their time in building up a rock solid case before making an arrest - remember, as soon as an arrest happens, the accused may ask for a speedy trial, and if LE isn't done collecting evidence & testimony, that can make for a very tight clock.

All JMO

Glad they caught the guy! Hope he burns in hell for what he did to that beautiful girl. RIP Chelsea.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/cr...om-slain-victim-1387998.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

Davis first contacted Johnson asking if she wanted muscle relaxers or Valium. The text exchange then turned to an offer of heroin and a payment of sex, according to the detective’s testimony.

“In exchange for drugs, he was requesting she have sex with him,” Woodall said. The text messages were initiated by Davis, he said.

The detective said the text messages showed Davis arranged to bring Johnson several tenths of heroin. Woodall said he talked with Davis on April 18 and he allegedly was forthcoming about offering drugs to Johnson.

So little information is coming out on this case. It comes across as no one cares... How did she meet this guy? Were there drugs in her system? Surely he left some forensic evidence. This is frustrating.

Apparently the holdup is strength of evidence, not question of certainty:

http://www.journal-news.com/news/ne...lice-close-to-arrest-in-chelsea-johnso/nTCXP/

"Fairfield police close to arrest in Chelsea Johnson murder case
by Denise G. Callahan
FAIRFIELD —

Fairfield police said Wednesday they are close to charging someone with the murder of 15-year-old Chelsea Johnson.

Police Chief Mike Dickey said they are working with prosecutors to determine whether they should proceed with an arrest.

“We are at a point where we have probable cause to charge someone,” he said. “But whether there is enough to convict, we are in discussions with the prosecutor’s office on that. We’re close, but in today’s day and age you have to have a lot more than probable cause. The CSI effect and all that, that’s what we’re still working on.”

Johnson was found stabbed to death April 16, about nine hours after she was reported missing. Her body was found near a creek by the Creekside Village of Fairfield apartments between River Road and Pleasant Avenue.

With the holidays and Johnson’s 16th birthday fast approaching, her mother Vicky Fible said she is beside herself.

“It will never be the same. Her birthday is Dec. 13, and Thanksgiving is this week and Christmas is coming. It’s bad,” she said.

Fible said she “knows in her heart” who the killer is and she is confident the police will crack the case very soon.

George Donald Davis, 24, pleaded guilty to charges of importuning, drug trafficking and attempting to compel prostitution charges for offering Johnson drugs in exchange for sex. He was sentenced to five and a half years in prison. Dickey has not commented on whether he is a person of interest in the case.

The creek where Johnson was found is also in the same general area from where Katelyn Markham disappeared about a year ago and where Joseph Oakley, 19, of Fairfield, was found dead in August. He had several gunshot wounds. Dickey said “we’re still working on it,” about the Oakley case."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/Police-very-confident-they-know-who-killed-Chelsea-Johnson/25498380

"My life's been upside down. My daughter's been stripped from me. She'll never walk down, get married, graduate high school," Johnson's mother, Vicky Fible, said. "I'm mad at the world because I feel like no one’s helping. Two years; I feel like it's a cold case. We shouldn't be arguing from the prosecutor to the police department. Fifteen years old; she's a baby.”

Instead of answers, the family says it has been getting the runaround. Fairfield police telling them one thing, the prosecutor, something different, they said...

Fairfield police told WLWT on Wednesday they're confident they know who killed Johnson and they've passed the case along to the prosecutor. Prosecutor Mike Gmoser said they're "dead wrong." He said it's not his case because the police investigation is incomplete, and he doesn't want to play "hot potato with an important case."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2014/05/03/fairfield-families-wait-justice/8681253/

Vicky Fible and Dave Markham share the same frustration. They want to know why Fairfield police haven't made arrests in their daughters' deaths. Two years have passed since 15-year-old Chelsea Johnson was found stabbed to death in a Fairfield creek bed... August will mark the third anniversary of Katelyn Markham's disappearance from her home in Fairfield...

The Fairfield Police Department – 58 officers including four detectives – has two other unsolved homicides on its hands.

• Joseph Oakley, 19, was found shot to death near the same creek bed as Chelsea in August 2012... Both Oakley and Chelsea were students at Options Academy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back