IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the girls are alive I hope they find them soon.

The FBI was also involved bigtime in the Greone children kidnapping case and they never found them.

Dylan had been alive out there with Duncan for 6 weeks being raped and tortured before he finally was finally murdered by the vile .

And he brought Shasta back home after 7 weeks of hell on earth but I find that highly unlikely to happen in this case.

IMO

As I recall, LE couldn't get past focusing on Steve Groene. As I recall, he'd had some run-ins with the law, he didn't have a tight alibi for the night in question and that kept LE so tightly focused on him that they didn't really seem to look anywhere else.

I can't even begin to try to imagine Mr Groene's frustration, knowing he was innocent and yet unable to convince LE.

I believe I've read that in a significant percentage of child abductions by strangers, the child is released alive. Probably because if the child did not know the abductor, the perp felt more confident that LE wouldn't be able to connect the perp with the crime.

Wonder if we will hear about the evidence that was sent to crime lab in Ackeny for testing. But i bet LE wont say. Understandable though.

It appears it's ok to give opinions. I don't feel those girls were at the lake at all. I know that a dog hit on a scent, but that's not always reliable.

I think the lake was a diversion, and if the times were 'off' just a bit, abductor(s) with a plan already in place would have been able to drop the bikes in a fairly short amount of time.

It does seem planned, and for a quick execution of the plan the girls probably had to be familiar with the person(s) they are with.

If TWO people were involved, then here is a possibility (even if far fetched).
An abductor may have lured the kids and the bikes into his vehicle.
Then driven the bikes to a vehicle, where someone was waiting (perhaps in the bush near the highway where the hole in the fence is?) to park the bikes (place / drop whichever applies) and the purse in that area. Then the driver speeds away, and the guy in the park having just parked the bikes walks away.... and meets up the other guy later (?) or goes home or whatever.

Sunday, Evansdale Police were back on the ground talking to people who live near the lake. According to those homeowners who didn't want to appear on camera, police searched their homes and asked them several question regarding the day the girls disappeared. Authorities said Saturday they have reason to believe the two girls are still alive. But, they are not saying what that reason is.

RBBM :waitasec:

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12079.shtml

Not directed toward you CN2...and appreciate you updating us with any media links, but seem the media is on a roll with incorrect reporting this morning. The reporter stated the bikes were found on the banks of the lake rather the trail. :banghead:

I think if LE had any idea where the girls are being held, they would not waste a moment. We've seen swat teams come in for adults who are missing, including Michelle Parker not so long ago.

If the girls are alive, that does not mean they are "okay". LE can have no way of knowing what is happening to them, IMO. I doubt there would be any delay in trying to rescue them.

I also do not believe the FBI would carry on with the investigation in this manner if they know the girls are safe with appropriate adults, and not really missing. They would, IMO, be obliged to tell the public they are no longer missing but that the suspect(s) are at large, and that they need help from the community, etc...people do searches on their own, regardless of what LE says, and there could be injuries, people getting lost, etc...much possible liability, if not legally, at least morally. JMO

BBM
My opinion is that the FBI is NOT obligated to tell us anything during an active investigation. This again is why I think the statement that they believe they are alive is so unusual. My sense is that this is a huge investigation, involving lots of individuals who have played a part in some sort of criminal activity. The disappearance of these girls is one facet of the criminal enterprise target, and just might have included child trafficking. I think they may have been handed off to a series of individuals, and at some point the FBI was able to get them to a safe house of sorts to protect them from further harm while they track down all the folks who had anything to do with it. In this scenario, I believe they would not necessarily tell the family anything other than they believe the girls are alive because some members of the family might also be a part of the criminal enterprise. And they sure wouldn't tell the public because that could compromise the identity of any confidential informant that helped get the girls to the safe place.

Possible? Probable?

This morning's interview of Elizabeth's parents on ABC...Heather (E's Mom) answers question about not having full cooperation of all family members:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-iowa-girls-parents-interview-fbi-couple-leads-16835480

Thanks for posting the link, just watched it.

In it, Heather says the girls usually stay close to home.
A thought occurred to me that maybe they went there to meet someone.
The "bike video" seems to show them riding quickly towards their destination.

I deleted my FB, so I can't see what others have mentioned in the past, recent FB friends etc.

I had asked earlier about the $50,000 reward because i'm curious. MS reward is $25,000. Just seems a bit odd to me. :moo:

Also, I never realized the Meth thing was such a huge problem in the "Heartland". :what:

In another interview of Elizabeth's parents that I recently saw, Elizabeth's Mom described LE as treating them as one would a family member.

Thanks Bunny!

What did she say when asked about family not cooperating?

Alex Perez ‏@perezreports

Developing: Iowa authorities say they need to speak w/ man paddle-boating on lake the day girls vanished, as a witness NOT a suspect

https://twitter.com/perezreports

That's pretty specific, hopefully the man will come forward.

Forgive me if this has been asked before - is there an area on Meyers Lake where you can rent paddle boats, fishing boats, canoes, etc.? Or would a paddle boater have to bring his own boat?

Thanks for posting the link, just watched it.

In it, Heather says the girls usually stay close to home.
A thought occurred to me that maybe they went there to meet someone.
The "bike video" seems to show them riding quickly towards their destination.

I deleted my FB, so I can't see what others have mentioned in the past, recent FB friends etc.

I had asked earlier about the $50,000 reward because i'm curious. MS reward is $25,000. Just seems a bit odd to me. :moo:

Also, I never realized the Meth thing was such a huge problem in the "Heartland". :what:

I believe the reward is from private donations and Crime Stoppers. I'll look to see if I can find a link to that, but I know I've read that recently.

ETA: here's the link, and it says anonymous donations, not private donations.

http://wqad.com/2012/07/20/new-evidence-found-in-search-for-missing-iowa-girls/

What did she say? ( my video is messed up)

- told us do have a couple of leads...

- leads are continuing to pour in; have not told us anything about investigation (Drew)

- they [girls] road together everyday-but usually only up & down block-Never that far before (1.5 miles)

- when don't have full cooperation>then focus has to be on other issues rather than on bringing girls home

BBM
My opinion is that the FBI is NOT obligated to tell us anything during an active investigation. This again is why I think the statement that they believe they are alive is so unusual. My sense is that this is a huge investigation, involving lots of individuals who have played a part in some sort of criminal activity. The disappearance of these girls is one facet of the criminal enterprise target, and just might have included child trafficking. I think they may have been handed off to a series of individuals, and at some point the FBI was able to get them to a safe house of sorts to protect them from further harm while they track down all the folks who had anything to do with it. In this scenario, I believe they would not necessarily tell the family anything other than they believe the girls are alive because some members of the family might also be a part of the criminal enterprise. And they sure wouldn't tell the public because that could compromise the identity of any confidential informant that helped get the girls to the safe place.

Possible? Probable?
I couldn't agree more. Meth is a huge problem here.

Thanks Bunny!

What did she say when asked about family not cooperating?
I'm not good at transcribing. She basically said the girls usually rode their bikes on the block.

She said when others are not cooperating, their (LE?) focus needs to be on other issues. She asks that whoever may be holding them to please release them somewhere safe; gas station, Target etc.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-iowa-girls-parents-interview-fbi-couple-leads-16835480

That's pretty specific, hopefully the man will come forward.

Forgive me if this has been asked before - is there an area on Meyers Lake where you can rent paddle boats, fishing boats, canoes, etc.? Or would a paddle boater have to bring his own boat?

There is not a rental area. Some homeowners have paddleboats, especially in the canal.

I am puzzled as to how this paddle boat did not get mentioned waaaay before this. Iwould have bet that if anyone at all was within sight of that lake and there was someone paddle-boating it would be one of the first things they mentioned when they found out the girls were missing!

Hmmm...OlliePop said that the unfinished house/garage near the lake was used to store recreational equipment, I believe he said something like "big boy toys". I wonder if there is a paddle boat in there?

This will sound far-fetched, but I've wondered if there might be some sort of inconspicuous underground shelter below that strange structure, like a hidden cellar or tornado shelter. It would have been much easier to conceal them somewhere very near the lake without being seen than it would be to transport them elsewhere. Surely the dogs would had picked up the scent if the girls were there, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy