AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, SC and RC are what,heavy into drug use ? Were drugs,or drug paraphanalia found in their home ? Or are they on the distribution end ? And Sergio does drug runs between cleaning teeth and singing arias ?

It's just baffling...MOO

The vision of an opera singing dental hygienist doing painful things to my mouth whilst in the middle of an aria is quite creepy indeed. Then again, I have a fear of dentists. :what:

Golly Gee, this is old news. It was posted on here shortly after she went missing. It was the uncle or cousin that lived with them. Does anyone know if the link is still available? I will look.

The "uncle/cousin" is related on Rebecca's side of the family. He is definitely NOT Sergio's brother.

Regarding the questions of why Isa might be wearing shorts and tank top instead of her pajamas:

My little princess Richman has a large selection of sleepwear. She has princess long nightgowns, princess shortie nightgowns, long pants and top pajamas, short pants and top pajamas.

What does she often choose to sleep in? A pair of soccer shorts and an old (super soft) tshirt of mine.

I don't think there is anything nefarious in her choice of sleepwear for the night she was abducted. Kids are kids and six years old is old enough for her to have formed her own ideas of "fashion and comfort".:moo:

I assumed from her brother's statement to the 911 operator that she wears pajamas when she sleeps. It was the one question he answered quickly. He had to think harder to come up with the color and made it clear he really did not know but was guessing. He had problems with some other questions, but when asked what she had on he immediately said "pajamas" and when asked the color, his answer was consistent with "typical" girl pajama colors.

I don't mean to say no kid ever has slept in clothing, but that this does not seem to be the norm for Isabel. I assume that, as a general rule, she wears pajamas. The only reason I'd expect her to be in something else was if she had donned her baseball uniform to save time later, but that isn't what she is described as wearing.

Sergio described the clothing she had on before her shower, and when Becky got there she corrected only the top.

Golly Gee, this is old news. It was posted on here shortly after she went missing. It was the uncle or cousin that lived with them. Does anyone know if the link is still available? I will look.

That is not SC's brother.
He is RC's cousin on her mother's side.
He had a DUI in Douglas. Her side is from Douglas.
He also had a DUI in Tucson, and in FL.

What link are you looking for?
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

That is not SC's brother.
He is RC's cousin on her mother's side.
He had a DUI in Douglas. Her side is from Douglas.
He also had a DUI in Tucson, and in FL.

What link are you looking for?
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

That is what I seem to remember, I have not heard anything about any of SC's brothers so I had wondered if this was new news or something.

So JM was not arrested for drugs near mexico, he got a DUI in Douglas, near the border?

Seems like all of the media is taking LE out of context, IMO...as far as listening to the PC, what I got from it is that the only thing LE can rule out is Isabel leaving on her own. Anything else would naturally involve Isabel being taking out by an adult. LE specifically indicated in this same PC that the parents are NOT ruled out.

JMO

I remember in high school a friend of mine gave me a very stern talking to about driving through South Tucson, I was to never go there alone or get out of my car. I always found it sort of silly because I never felt unsafe there. But then I lived near a not so desirable part of town and didn't feel unsafe there either. But now I'm missing one of the best places to get a raspado (not South Tucson, but on 12th). Ahh joys of being pregnant and not in the area. Well, this was a nice OT rant for me today. :seeya:

12th Ave is southside, may be part of south Tucson. lets not forget that there are parts of Oracle and Grant roads that are rife with drugs and prostitution (No-Tel Motel anyone?) that people forget about....neither area is paticularly safe and is far from South Tucson lol. This side gets alllll the bad news though. I always laughed when people's eyes bugged out when I told them where I live. You are so right AZWildcat, the raspados over here are awesome! Some of the best restaurants are over here too...Guero Canelo, BK's, Littlw Mexico....nom.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I assumed from her brother's statement to the 911 operator that she wears pajamas when she sleeps. It was the one question he answered quickly. He had to think harder to come up with the color and made it clear he really did not know but was guessing. He had problems with some other questions, but when asked what she had on he immediately said "pajamas" and when asked the color, his answer was consistent with "typical" girl pajama colors.

I don't mean to say no kid ever has slept in clothing, but that this does not seem to be the norm for Isabel. I assume that, as a general rule, she wears pajamas. The only reason I'd expect her to be in something else was if she had donned her baseball uniform to save time later, but that isn't what she is described as wearing.

Sergio described the clothing she had on before her shower, and when Becky got there she corrected only the top.

I get what you're saying. I suppose my point was (which I never got to, in my post), is that we refer to whatever my kids wear at bedtime as their "pjs". If I tell her to get her pjs on, she may come down wearing the shorts and tshirt. Possibly the Celis family is the same.

I remember in high school a friend of mine gave me a very stern talking to about driving through South Tucson, I was to never go there alone or get out of my car. I always found it sort of silly because I never felt unsafe there. But then I lived near a not so desirable part of town and didn't feel unsafe there either. But now I'm missing one of the best places to get a raspado (not South Tucson, but on 12th). Ahh joys of being pregnant and not in the area. Well, this was a nice OT rant for me today. :seeya:

Gotta love South Tucson! Spent many teenage days over there, lol. Def. not the safest place in town but no where else has mariachis and outdoor chili roasting at the grocery store! :)

12th Ave is southside, may be part of south Tucson. lets not forget that there are parts of Oracle and Grant roads that are rife with drugs and prostitution (No-Tel Motel anyone?) that people forget about....neither area is paticularly safe and is far from South Tucson lol. This side gets alllll the bad news though. I always laughed when people's eyes bugged out when I told them where I live. You are so right AZWildcat, the raspados over here are awesome! Some of the best restaurants are over here too...Guero Canelo, BK's, Littlw Mexico....nom.

Mi Nidito :cheer:

Is RC's maiden name Snyder or is this her second marriage? I saw Snyder on veromi and whitepages as RC's former name.

Her maiden name. First and only marriage. Her mother's last name is Rodriguez, she remarried after she divorced RC's father.

P.s. I know that we thought the Celis' wedding anniversary was this past Sunday, but the plaque on their garage wall said "Celis Family Established 5-17-97". (Or words to that effect.) Perhaps they got their license on the 13th and were married on the 17th?

The thought makes it seem more incongruous imo that he chuckled when he was talking about calling Becky. Because for most parents that would have been the hope against all hope that the other parent had their daughter and to have her tell him no would have been a disappointment and that phone call would have made him more scared, more anxious, more upset, and not a humorous thought.

He could have been awake when RC left and already have known that she didn't take Isabel with her?

Please don't think I am defending him, but when I am scared and nervous, I have said the most hideous things and laughed at the most inappropriate times. He may have given that stupid giggle because he sid he told her to get her butt home and saying that is unlike him.

His call was certainly strange (they all are according to us sleuthers lol) but made perfect sense if he was sure she was around somewhere. He did what every police department wants you to do - search the immediate area but call immediately and let them also search.

IDK - IMO he knows something or has learned something but I don't think he is directly involved per se

Okay, I am waaaay behind and have a couple more pages to catch up, but.....

I will preface this by saying I am not married to this theory, but I find it has merit and I am currently doing some digging to verify family relationships.

The Fast and Furious theory is not related to drug cartels. It was a botched US sting and it is believed that several gun runners who were caught became informants.

There is a possible familial connection between SC and a few of the higher profile people currently awaiting trial.

The Monday after Isa went missing, two of the defendants changed their pleas from "guilty" to "not guilty".

I think it is plausible that if Sergio was indeed part of this gun cartel and turned informant on his own family (possibly), then Isa may be being held pending Sergio's 'revised' testimony. I found it awfully strange the timing of the plea change and adding that with possible family ties, odd (IMO) behavior and the NCO, make me think LE also knows of Sergio's involvement and that was the catalyst for contacting CPS.

In summary, I do not think this is drug, or drug cartel related, nor do I think Isa was taken as payment for a debt.

I sort of feel like the people who are pooh pooing the cartel thing are stuck on one scenario of SC getting in debt to some drug kingpin. Yet many of us who are looking into a 'cartel' scenario for merit are looking at a completely different set of possibilities.

Again, it's all MOO, and only one theory I am entertaining but I wanted to make sure everyone understood what exactly the Fast and Furious scenario entailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This post is full of awesome and win!

I think you're mixing the two stories, MCK. The tape close to the Celis home was of people walking by, on a day the police now say wasn't the day of the abduction. The surveillance tape of the young man in the Circle K is the one that may have the perp in the "Snyder Case".

They have not said how he got into the house, but they did say the front door may have been left open.

Btw, what happened to the real tape they were suppose to release after they put the wrong one out that went viral?

It wouldnt surprise me that they wasted so much time in thinking they had the right one that the correct date has been taped over by now.

I wish the Sheriff's department had jurisdiction over this case. They did a great job on the Gifford case and held much better PCs, imo.

IMO

US marshalls are working with Mexican law enforcement to search for her in Mexico, as well. This has been widely reported and there are several links in MSM.

I think the Mexico searches are old news, not what is currently going on. The Chief answered a question about current searches in Mexico on Monday by saying authorities down there "had her flyers" and knew who to contact if there is a sighting. I haven't heard of any active searches the since the frst week.

I love the the south side and south Tucson. Also of note is the miracle mile area that you mention. Everyone always goes on about hispanics and blacks and crime and that is a high crime area full of meth heads, drug dealers and other shady characters who are largely gringo.

South Tucson has the best FISH TACOS ever. Anyone from here want to guess where? LOL

Menudo too!

I get what you're saying. I suppose my point was (which I never got to, in my post), is that we refer to whatever my kids wear at bedtime as their "pjs". If I tell her to get her pjs on, she may come down wearing the shorts and tshirt. Possibly the Celis family is the same.

I agree. I don't know if its the AZ heat or the laid back lifestyle but we dont typically wear pajamas to bed either. If I say get your pajamas on my 6 year old usually wears a t shirt and panties or sometimes just the panties, lol! I was not thrown off at all by Isa sleeping in basketball shorts.

There are thousands of cases that have been solved though. There is certainly a lot of data out there about child abductions, matricide/patricide, and all different kinds of crimes. We know the FBI and other organizations gather statistical information and behavioral profiles from prior cases, and in order for them to do so there would have to be at least thousands of cases that have been resolved to make the information statistically-relevant.

I agree, and realize there is factual information out there about numerous closed cases. But if I did not follow them while they were ongoing, I can't compare whatever wild theories may have been advanced during the investigation to the eventual outcome, since I never HEARD any of the wild theories. Each of the cases that I have become interested in, contributed money toward, and posted about remains unsolved.

Seems like all of the media is taking LE out of context, IMO...as far as listening to the PC, what I got from it is that the only thing LE can rule out is Isabel leaving on her own. Anything else would naturally involve Isabel being taking out by an adult. LE specifically indicated in this same PC that the parents are NOT ruled out.

JMO

You won't be able to tamp this down, Clu, it just keeps re-igniting.

JMO

Agree. I have heard the word "abducted" used in many cases where a parent removed a child or children from the custodial-parent's residence. I've even heard/read that a child was "kidnapped" by his/her parent who are involved in a custody dispute. I don't agree that the word "abduction" necessarily means that Isabel's parents could not have removed their child from the home. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa