GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of interesting things in this article, here are a few excerpts:

Details of lurid double life expected at Williams court appearance

Published On Sun Oct 17 2010
Maria Babbage
BELLEVILLE, ONT.—Lurid details of the self-professed double life of Col. Russell Williams are expected to be brought before the public starting Monday when the former rising star in the Canadian military is scheduled to plead guilty to murdering two women, sexual assaults and a slew of other criminal charges

“The allegations in this case would appear to be so lurid, so disturbing that a trial in this case would probably have changed the Trenton community for the rest of its existence,” Boni said.

“It would have had a thunderous impact on the local community and it would have had a devastating impact on the victims and their families.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...le-life-expected-at-williams-court-appearance

"It's Another Shock"

Russell Williams’s victims hope photo evidence will remain sealed

Macleans

by Michael Friscolanti on Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:20am - 0 Comments

The actual sentence is not up for debate. First-degree murder carries a mandatory punishment of life behind bars with no chance of parole for 25 years, and when Russell Williams officially pleads guilty next week, his fate will be no different.

But not before spending a few more hours inside a Belleville, Ont., courtroom, explaining to a judge—and his many, many victims—how he managed to conceal an elaborate double life as a serial stalker while busy commanding the country’s largest air force base, CFB Trenton.

Williams photographed himself inside his victims’ homes—dressed in their lingerie.

Last week, after Williams’s lawyer announced that his client plans to plead guilty, police told Massicotte the rest of the disgusting details.

“They have pictures of him in my house wearing my underwear,” she says. “It’s another shock.

If there is a silver lining for the victims, it’s that the chilling photographic evidence will likely never see the light of day. Because Williams chose a guilty plea instead of a trial, the boxes of items seized from his homes will not be entered as courtroom exhibits; they will remain in a police vault, shielded from the press and the public.

Massicotte has yet to attend any of her attacker’s court appearances, but she plans to be in the gallery for Williams’s final few days as a colonel (as soon as he is sentenced, the military plans to strip him of his rank and recoup the salary he’s collected since his arrest). Andy Lloyd, Jessica’s older brother, will be in the courtroom, too, and is working on a victim impact statement.

101013_colwilliams_wide.jpg

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/10/17/its-another-shock/

I have been extraordinarily busy these past few weeks, but fortunately my calendar is open this coming week. Most of us here have dedicated the past nine months to following and sleuthing this incredible, tragic case and have plenty of unanswered questions. Tomorrow I will be glued to both my TV set and the computer, hoping for some answers.

We have been lucky that the media has been granted permission to use electronic devices in the courtroom. What recommendations do the rest of you have for the best live coverage of the proceedings? Anyone know the most reliable media outlet for Twitter or TV feeds?

I have been extraordinarily busy these past few weeks, but fortunately my calendar is open this coming week. Most of us here have dedicated the past nine months to following and sleuthing this incredible, tragic case and have plenty of unanswered questions. Tomorrow I will be glued to both my TV set and the computer, hoping for some answers.

We have been lucky that the media has been granted permission to use electronic devices in the courtroom. What recommendations do the rest of you have for the best live coverage of the proceedings? Anyone know the most reliable media outlet for Twitter or TV feeds?

I have no idea which one is most reliable, but I am counting on you AG to keep us WS'ers updated. As soon as I am home from work I will be logging into WS for your update. Thanks in advance for doing so!

(rsbm)

wow!

I cannot imagine what the victims in this case are going through....to think that this sick and twisted monster was in your home going through your personal clothing and took pics of himself in your garments....makes me sick to think about it.

I also cannot imagine what MEH is going through, as I am sure she has read or has heard about the details on what her husband, someone who she loved and trusted, has done. BUT I still cannot believe that from all this, she went after $3k for the floors.

I have no idea which one is most reliable, but I am counting on you AG to keep us WS'ers updated. As soon as I am home from work I will be logging into WS for your update. Thanks in advance for doing so!

Thanks for your confidence, but Hazel and Wondergirl have been beating me to all the scoops lately and will probably continue to do so. That's fine by me and I'll do my best, but you'll likely be thanking them instead of me. :)

I cannot imagine what the victims in this case are going through....to think that this sick and twisted monster was in your home going through your personal clothing and took pics of himself in your garments....makes me sick to think about it.

I also cannot imagine what MEH is going through, as I am sure she has read or has heard about the details on what her husband, someone who she loved and trusted, has done. BUT I still cannot believe that from all this, she went after $3k for the floors.

Based on everything else I have read about MEH, I'm still giving her the benefit of the doubt about the floors. I prefer to think that RW asked his lawyer to work out a deal with the prosecutor whereby he gives them everything they want as long as his wife's interests are taken care of. If he ever loved her, he would have done this one last thing.

I'd be very surprised if MEH intends to continue living in the Ottawa house and suspect she's going to take a big hit when trying to sell it. How many people would want to live there? If new floors help with the sale, why should she (presumably another victim) have to take the loss? I would love to hear her give an interview, but seriously doubt it will ever happen.

JMO

Disdain in Tweed

COL. RUSSELL WILLIAMS: Guilty plea expected

By JASON MILLER The Intelligencer

Posted 34 minutes ago

If Col. Russell Williams is looking for someone to pat him on the back for pleading guilty today he shouldn't turn towards his former neighbours in Tweed.

Residents in the quaint eastern Ontario town were still showing mass disdain for the disgraced military official who they blame for destroying the once safeguarded feeling of trust that drove their tight-knit community.

Tweed natives like Gail Brown said Williams has caused too much "heartache" to earn any reprieve for his guilty plea which will certainly shorten what could have been a lengthy and painstaking trial for the relatives of the victims.

"When a man had so much how could he throw it all away?" she asked. "He's evidently sick."

Brown said the wound caused by Williams will take sometime to heal.

"There are so many emotions. How can you put them down?" she said. "The sooner it's dealt with and done then people can heal. I don't want the forces to protect him because he was somebody."

She said the trust of one's neighbour that once thrived in Tweed has almost been decimated by one man's actions. Now all that lingers is doubt, she added.

"I wonder how many Russell Williams are out there," she said. "Will we ever quit looking over our shoulder? We've lost trust."

The folks living along Cosy Cove Lane weren't entertaining any questions from the media on Sunday. Attempts to get comments from several of Williams' neighbours who were the bread and butter of the media's feeding frenzy — when the saga started — proved futile, as those who did open their doors gracefully declined to comment.

The brief words of Bill Page, the only resident who spoke, summed up how his fellow residents living along the northern tip of Stocco Lake felt about the ongoing ordeal.

"I know you're going to find along this street that people have nothing else to say," he said.

Tweed businesswoman Sabine Bechtold said Williams' wife "shouldn't be penalized for what he's perpetrated," along with her stance that "Tweed shouldn't be stigmatized because" of the ongoing case.

Steve Sture, the pastor of Tweed Pentecostal Church said the community is gradually regaining some normality.

"The fear was very real back in January and February," he said. "The streets were very empty. There is still some anger."

EDITED BY SALEM: We need a link and the content needs to fit the copyright rule of no more than 10% - if you can no longer edit this post, please send me the link via pm and I'll post it!

TIA - Salem

Poor Mrs. Lloyd. She is so strong, and must be enduring the most unimaginable pain. :(

Thinking about Col. Williams Victims

Nobody in this wounded and appalled community forgets who this day is about.

Monday is not about a “shining, rising star” of an officer moving his way up in the Canadian military, rubbing shoulders with political leaders and royalty by day, while allegedly sexually and violently preying on innocent victims in the shadows at night.

This day is about two slain women and two brutally sexually assaulted victims, as well.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/joe_warmington/2010/10/17/15725381.html

Regarding Marie France Comeau:

Meanwhile, Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, just 37, had her dream of travelling the world as a military flight attendant abruptly halted Nov. 25, 2009 at the hands of not just a pilot but allegedly by her own commanding officer.

The court, once his convictions are registered, is expected hear evidence of not only Williams reaction when notified, but also how he consoled his devastated base subordinates on the murder.

There will also be evidence concerning his conversations with law enforcement about just how the investigation of the brutal murder in a home in Brighton was going?

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/joe_warmington/2010/10/17/15725381.html

Russel deserves capital punishment: Residents

By Earl McRae, QMI Agency
Last Updated: October 17, 2010 8:44pm

"Everybody here agrees (Williams) should be getting the death penalty," says Vilineff. "Bring him back here to Tweed, we'll give him a good, old-fashioned stoning. Those women deserved to live. The one he killed at her home in Brighton -- Comeau -- hell, she even worked with him on the base. She was a corporal. What an evil *advertiser censored*."

He takes a hit of his beer. "The other one, Jessica, I saw her once in the Tweedsmuir. You couldn't help but notice her. She always had a big smile, she had a beautiful personality."

"This has never come out," says Vilineff, "but a person who knows told me what it meant by 'distinct.' It was one of his tires. It was put on backwards. On that one tire, the treads were pointing in a different direction than his other tires. The treads going the wrong way matched the ones in the snow. Same tire position as his."

Brian Tye, 33, part-time window washer, is standing with his dog Junior in front of the Belleville courthouse, just looking at it. "I have a sister in the Army. It really pissed me off what he did to that girl in the military. I'm trying to decide whether to come here Monday, but it'll probably be a zoo. I'd punch his f---in' lights out if I could. He should fry."
---
An elderly man is slowly walking among the white headstones in the military section of Beechwood Cemetery. He stops next to where I'm standing before the headstone of Marie France Comeau.

"Someone you know?" he asks, gently.

"No. This is the female soldier who was murdered by that Air Force colonel, Russell Williams."

He calls his wife over. "Mary, this is the young woman who was murdered by that colonel in the military."

She stares at the inscription. "Well we know one thing. He'll never be buried here. He's going to burn in hell."

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/10/17/15725221.html

Russel deserves capital punishment: Residents

By Earl McRae, QMI Agency
Last Updated: October 17, 2010 8:44pm

"Everybody here agrees (Williams) should be getting the death penalty," says Vilineff. "Bring him back here to Tweed, we'll give him a good, old-fashioned stoning. Those women deserved to live. The one he killed at her home in Brighton -- Comeau -- hell, she even worked with him on the base. She was a corporal. What an evil *advertiser censored*."

He takes a hit of his beer. "The other one, Jessica, I saw her once in the Tweedsmuir. You couldn't help but notice her. She always had a big smile, she had a beautiful personality."

"This has never come out," says Vilineff, "but a person who knows told me what it meant by 'distinct.' It was one of his tires. It was put on backwards. On that one tire, the treads were pointing in a different direction than his other tires. The treads going the wrong way matched the ones in the snow. Same tire position as his."

Brian Tye, 33, part-time window washer, is standing with his dog Junior in front of the Belleville courthouse, just looking at it. "I have a sister in the Army. It really pissed me off what he did to that girl in the military. I'm trying to decide whether to come here Monday, but it'll probably be a zoo. I'd punch his f---in' lights out if I could. He should fry."
---
An elderly man is slowly walking among the white headstones in the military section of Beechwood Cemetery. He stops next to where I'm standing before the headstone of Marie France Comeau.

"Someone you know?" he asks, gently.

"No. This is the female soldier who was murdered by that Air Force colonel, Russell Williams."

He calls his wife over. "Mary, this is the young woman who was murdered by that colonel in the military."

She stares at the inscription. "Well we know one thing. He'll never be buried here. He's going to burn in hell."

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/10/17/15725221.html

Very interesting about the tires. I wonder why RW wouldn't notice this and have it corrected, as one tire being put on backwards would be noticable, not just from the backward tread, one side usually has a white wall and the other has the brand name.....weird.

I really feel for the victims and the victims families whom are going to court tomorrow. It will be a VERY hard heartwrenching day.

I don't tweet, but Timothy Appleby from The Globe and Mail, has his event live and up and running now here, and, Megan from The Ottawa Citizen did a good job tweeting from RW's 1st live appearance, and she is the one that went to the Judge that day, to try and allow the tweeting, so I would imagine she will have extensive coverage, and I will link when I find it. I checked the other day, but, she didn't have anything.

Timothy Appleby
The Globe and Mail

Cover it Live Link:
(view online, or get Blackberry/iPhone updates)

http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=e18258b498

Globe and Mail Feed Link:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...s-plea-and-sentencing-hearing/article1759108/

I don't tweet, but Timothy Appleby from The Globe and Mail, has his event live and up and running now here, and, Megan from The Ottawa Citizen did a good job tweeting from RW's 1st live appearance, and she is the one that went to the Judge that day, to try and allow the tweeting, so I would imagine she will have extensive coverage, and I will link when I find it. I checked the other day, but, she didn't have anything.

Timothy Appleby
The Globe and Mail

Cover it Live Link:
(view online, or get Blackberry/iPhone updates)

http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=e18258b498

Globe and Mail Feed Link:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...s-plea-and-sentencing-hearing/article1759108/

Thanks so much, Wondergirl. Bookmarked 'em. You're Wonderful! :)

Please remember the copyright rules when posting articles. No more than 10% and a link to the article.

Thanks!

Salem

Please remember the copyright rules when posting articles. No more than 10% and a link to the article.

Thanks!

Salem

Sorry, Salem, there are so many details. :blushing:

I know! I was trying to edit out stuff that didn't seem quite so important and I had to give that up, because it is all important. So I just had to close my eyes and delete sommmmmme. Ugh LOL!

So today is a big day! I haven't gotten to the end yet to see what is happening so far.

Salem

Into the Heart of Darkness

The case promises to draw reporters and columnists from across Canada and the U.S. (The Citizen is sending a team of seven to cover the sentencing.)

Journalists have been told they must line up at 5 a.m. to secure a place in the courtroom.

The details of Williams’ crimes will be set out in the Crown’s statement of facts, which promises to reveal the cold depths of his cruelty.

It’s expected Williams will serve his sentence either in the special handling unit of the super-maximum penitentiary in Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, Que., which holds serial killer Clifford Olson — or else in Kingston’s maximum security unit, where Paul Bernardo is serving his life term for two sex slayings.

Colonel’s boot prints turned denial into confession

By Gary Dimmock, The Ottawa Citizen October 17, 2010 11:17 PM

BELLEVILLE — The police call came in on Super Bowl Sunday, the afternoon of Feb. 7. Minutes later, at 2:35 pm, Col. Russell Williams left his wife a note saying the police wanted to talk to him about what he thought was a routine roadside stop.

He recorded the time on the note, and then wrote: “Back soon.”

Nothing could be further from the truth. The admitted serial sex killer has remained locked up since, and a world away from his life as a rising-star base commander.

He drove to the Elgin Street police headquarters in the same Nissan Pathfinder police matched to one of the crime scenes through its unusual snow tire tracks.

The turning point that collapsed his world came when the detective held up photographs of his bootprints, which were a perfect match to the boots he wore to the interview.

OMG. The trophies were headed for the curb. There must be more. He was actually throwing those out. He must have thrown other souveniers out too.

In the interview, the colonel then revealed his two main concerns.

First, he was most worried about the welfare of his wife, an established charity executive. Second, Williams feared the sex killings case would tarnish the reputation of the military.

He then directed police to boxes of so-called trophies — more than 600 women’s undergarments — in his Edison Avenue home. These boxes were in the garage and bound for the curb, but garbage day was four days away from his Sunday arrest.

He also directed police to other hidden keepsakes, including videos and photographs taken during the sex crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie