MI MI - Sandra Loepp, 37, Washington Twp, 16 Dec 2012

So it appears the Topix thread is now being actively moderated. Posts are being removed within minutes :waitasec: Some of those posts have no reason to be removed as far as I can tell. Unless of course someone is looking to filter the information the public is reading....

We now have two local police departments caught smack dab in the middle of this mess :notgood:

Sure seems like someone is trying to avoid being held responsible for whatever part they may have played in this whole tragedy.

~

Fundraiser aimed at helping Sandra Loepp’s survivors as driver search continues

Published: Friday, January 11, 2013

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2013/01/11/life/doc50f06eb639d85553354568.txt?viewmode=fullstory

"So when Memphis area residents Lisa Deckard and Rayme Niecgoda heard about the incident that took the life of their friend’s sister, they were anxious to help out in any way they could.

Wanting to offer support to their close friend’s memory, Kelly Smally and her sister’s family, Deckard and Niecgoda will host a spaghetti dinner fundraiser with proceeds going to Sandra’s surviving children.

Naturally the circumstances of Loepp’s sudden death have shocked her family, leaving them anxious for answers and justice. Asked if it would be the norm for her sister to walk home at night, Smalley said she can’t really say as they are “still piecing together what really happened” that night.

For tickets to the spaghetti dinner send a check with your e-mail address to Lisa Deckard at 30544 Bordman Road, Richmond, MI 48026. An e-mail confirmation will hold your tickets. They can also be purchased via PayPal but the cost is $23 each, and the e-mail is scrapaddict@frontier.com.

For more information about the event including making a donation or purchasing tickets contact Deckard at (586) 405-9512. Capitol Banquet Hall is located at 12350 31 Mile Road in Washington."

It appears family is working outside of V's friends for this event.

Also another renegade board has been set up by some of the Topix posters to avoid thier posts from being censored.

~

...Naturally the circumstances of Loepp’s sudden death have shocked her family, leaving them anxious for answers and justice. Asked if it would be the norm for her sister to walk home at night, Smalley said she can’t really say as they are “still piecing together what really happened” that night...

I hope and pray that Sandra's family gets to the truth about what really happened to their sister and who is responsible.

The spaghetti dinner is a great idea and something that I thought would be better than another fundraiser that takes place in a bar. :moo:

First I want to say my heart goes out for Sandra's Family. I remember hearing about it when it happend as I used to live in Washington, MI and I work in Romeo currently. Last night I saw Sandra's beautiful photo on the door of the gas station and it got me looking onto what had happend since I never remembered if it was on the news or not. Well finding this and the topix discussion I was shocked at all the unknowns and such. I have a few things to add from spending a few hours last night reading it all...

1.) I read she was wearing blue jeans, a TAN coat and a White scarf... There are a lot of deer hit around here...and tan and white are the color of deer. Wonder if someone thought it was a deer and pulled in the parking lot and just backed up and got what they thought was a deer dislodged and moved on. Possible but if I had hit a deer in that area and then heard this on the news I would have said oh my goodness and went right to the Police. Some people might decide that with macomb co sherriff they would be rotting in jail cause I'm not to sure they are all on the up and up from many past happens. That's one of my therorys. A lot of folks in bigger vehicles hit deer around here and just keep driving and see how bad your headlights and fenders are when you get home. A woman driving a big truck would definately not wanna get out and see a bloody "deer" they just hit and dragged...

2.) I read it happend at Van Dyke Rd and Campground rd. Also she was dragged 600 feet (30 yards) to the parking lot. Well its more like 200 yards, a stoplight then a left turn and then after the left turn there's maybe 30 yards to that parking lot. Hmmm...

3.) My 1st thought was that bike path I think goes right behind that bar then stays along old Van Dyke til about 30 mile rd I think... One would think a person would walk the path before the rd...I know I would have...

4.) In the crime stoppers video the lil sister said " I knew something bad had happend 'that night' when my husband answered the phone..." and right after that is when Vern cried a lot... I believe I read the Police went to her house and told Vern at 2pm it was his wife that got killed...so was she talking about later that day? Or did he already know and that phone call was the night it happend?

I think that's all I picked out after all I read last night. The media around here sure isn't covering it at all for some reason...until I read all this last night I thought she was a mother that lived at that trailer park, walked to the bar and got hit walking back home...

Again I do not want to make anyone angry or add to the hurt of this family I'd just like to see justice for this poor woman. I don't know anyone involved personally I just know firsthand how someone that is controlling and abusive can be and wouldn't put doing something like this past anyone like that...and what I've read about Vern is I can see why a lot of folks think he's suspect.

First I want to say my heart goes out for Sandra's Family. I remember hearing about it when it happend as I used to live in Washington, MI and I work in Romeo currently. Last night I saw Sandra's beautiful photo on the door of the gas station and it got me looking onto what had happend since I never remembered if it was on the news or not. Well finding this and the topix discussion I was shocked at all the unknowns and such. I have a few things to add from spending a few hours last night reading it all...

We are all shocked by many of the unknowns surrounding Sandras death. Many questions have been asked and many remain unanswered.

1.) I read she was wearing blue jeans, a TAN coat and a White scarf... There are a lot of deer hit around here...and tan and white are the color of deer. Wonder if someone thought it was a deer and pulled in the parking lot and just backed up and got what they thought was a deer dislodged and moved on. Possible but if I had hit a deer in that area and then heard this on the news I would have said oh my goodness and went right to the Police. Some people might decide that with macomb co sherriff they would be rotting in jail cause I'm not to sure they are all on the up and up from many past happens. That's one of my therorys. A lot of folks in bigger vehicles hit deer around here and just keep driving and see how bad your headlights and fenders are when you get home. A woman driving a big truck would definately not wanna get out and see a bloody "deer" they just hit and dragged...

I have pondered this scenario myself and mentioned it in one of the many discussion threads involved in this case. Most of the response has been that they do not believe someone could dislodge the body without physically doing so.

2.) I read it happend at Van Dyke Rd and Campground rd. Also she was dragged 600 feet (30 yards) to the parking lot. Well its more like 200 yards, a stoplight then a left turn and then after the left turn there's maybe 30 yards to that parking lot. Hmmm...

Thank you for providing your insight as to the distance and observation of the accident site. I have not had the opportunity to view this for myself yet. That is quite a discrepancy in distance! Poor Sandra

3.) My 1st thought was that bike path I think goes right behind that bar then stays along old Van Dyke til about 30 mile rd I think... One would think a person would walk the path before the rd...I know I would have...

If a bike path were available I would also think that would have been the safest route home for S. Some have speculated that maybe it was too dark during the night and maybe S was too scared to take that way.

I also believe she may have been trying to catch up to V as it has been said he left just 10 minutes before her.

4.) In the crime stoppers video the lil sister said " I knew something bad had happend 'that night' when my husband answered the phone..." and right after that is when Vern cried a lot... I believe I read the Police went to her house and told Vern at 2pm it was his wife that got killed...so was she talking about later that day? Or did he already know and that phone call was the night it happend?

V's demeanor in the video was very interesting. IMO very closed off and guarded. Reeked of a guilty conscious to me. His tears seemed forced and the family kept quite a distance from him. He also quickly dismissed any questions about any argument that might have happed between him and S and refused to answer questions about it.

As far as I can tell the little sister found out later Sunday evening after the police notified V. I am still perplexed that his wife was MIA for so long and he did not bother looking for her :waitasec:

I think that's all I picked out after all I read last night. The media around here sure isn't covering it at all for some reason...until I read all this last night I thought she was a mother that lived at that trailer park, walked to the bar and got hit walking back home...

Lack of media coverage is saddening :( I believe there are those at work behind the scenes hoping to keep this on the Down Low as they may have their own best interests in mind as to culpability.

Again I do not want to make anyone angry or add to the hurt of this family I'd just like to see justice for this poor woman. I don't know anyone involved personally I just know firsthand how someone that is controlling and abusive can be and wouldn't put doing something like this past anyone like that...and what I've read about Vern is I can see why a lot of folks think he's suspect.

Also with firsthand knowledge of how abusive and controlling behavior these are my instincts also. Not to mention the "social ties" V may have to help him be successful in hiding any such info.

Hi DMC,

Welcome to the discussion thread.

I have replied to you post and added my own thoughts in red.

The original Topix thread that was deleted also had some valuable insight and discussion in regards to Sandra's case. I believe someone was successful in having that removed. Too many people involved in this case are more worried about themselves being portrayed in any negative light.

I'm hoping the questions being raised keep this case alive and help bring some sort of answers and Justice for Sandra.

~

:welcome5: DMC, thanks for sharing your insights and for the account of the accident scene. My initial instincts were that someone thought that they had struck a deer. There are plenty of deer in the tri-county area, especially in rural areas. We frequently see them running through our yard, and many end up on the side of the road.

That said, once I started hearing/reading about so many who are involved playing CYA, I began to suspect that there might be more to this alleged hit-and-run that took Sandra's life. I hope that there will be justice in this case and that whoever did this - whether it was an accident or deliberate - will be held accountable. Sandra's family deserves the truth. :moo:

Saw another flying with her photo at a gas Station in Richmond, MI...so I came on here to see if anything new has been found out...

The flyers are a very good idea...if whomever hit her is local and sees her beautiful photo everywhere they go that's got to get to them even more and I'm hoping they will finally come forward so everyone will have closure.

This forum is neat...I always thought I have a vivid imagination and I try to figure things out when I hear about unsolved mysteries and crimes...sometimes I end up being right too but I never had anywhere to share my opinions...I still have a gut feeling on this one that its more than just a random hit and run...

Had to edit this to add something... Hit deer... We see them around here dead on the road every day. I rarely see any that have been dragged under the vehicle...they are 99% of the time on the side of the road. Even when semi's hit them they never seem to get Hung up and dragged. Maybe clothes got Hung up on them tow hooks on the front of a 4x4. Most aren't open hooks anymore but some used to be. Another possibiltiy is county snow plow trucks...you know the kind that have the plow under the mid part of the truck...

Saw another flying with her photo at a gas Station in Richmond, MI...so I came on here to see if anything new has been found out...

The flyers are a very good idea...if whomever hit her is local and sees her beautiful photo everywhere they go that's got to get to them even more and I'm hoping they will finally come forward so everyone will have closure.

This forum is neat...I always thought I have a vivid imagination and I try to figure things out when I hear about unsolved mysteries and crimes...sometimes I end up being right too but I never had anywhere to share my opinions...I still have a gut feeling on this one that its more than just a random hit and run...

Had to edit this to add something... Hit deer... We see them around here dead on the road every day. I rarely see any that have been dragged under the vehicle...they are 99% of the time on the side of the road. Even when semi's hit them they never seem to get Hung up and dragged. Maybe clothes got Hung up on them tow hooks on the front of a 4x4. Most aren't open hooks anymore but some used to be. Another possibiltiy is county snow plow trucks...you know the kind that have the plow under the mid part of the truck...

DMC,

So glad you are enjoying the site :welcome4:

If crime and unsolved mysteries is an interest of yours you've found the right place. I was drawn her myself some years back when looking for information on a case and have been here ever since. This is a great place for discussion and to share and investigate theories. Some of the posts and posters here have been helpful in solving some cases :)

We all hope that someone or something breaks in Sandra case to bring whom ever is responsible to Justice :please: I would hate to think her family will be left without closure. Sandra seemed to be a beautiful person and good mother she deserves that Justice.

I agree that I have never seen or heard of such a thing as they are describing in this scenario of being drug over 600ft :waitasec: The only way I could see her being hung up under a vehicle that way is if she were somehow below the level of the bumper when she was hit. As I stated in an earlier post IE. fell down, pushed in-front of, laying in the roadway etc.

I shudder to think that she may have been hit twice ..... how awful!

~

...I agree that I have never seen or heard of such a thing as they are describing in this scenario of being drug over 600ft :waitasec: The only way I could see her being hung up under a vehicle that way is if she were somehow below the level of the bumper when she was hit. As I stated in an earlier post IE. fell down, pushed in-front of, laying in the roadway etc.

I shudder to think that she may have been hit twice ..... how awful!

~

With so little information being released in this case, it's difficult to piece together exactly what happened. In (limited) early reports, it was mentioned that Sandra was wearing high-heeled shoes. I've never worn stilettos in my life but can't imagine anyone walking along the side of a road, possibly intoxicated, and being able to walk easily without losing balance and/or falling. It was also raining that night, so road surfaces/shoulders would have been slick.

Given those conditions, I think that it is very likely that Sandra had fallen - perhaps into the traffic lane - and was struck as she tried to stand up and regain her balance. The driver would have been unable to see Sandra and might have thought that he/she struck a deer. Initial impact would have propelled SL some distance forward until another driver came along and struck her again. If she was "dragged" some distance, it could have been by a second vehicle that caught her beneath the carriage or in a wheel well (LE said that there was damage to the right side of the vehicle). :moo:

With so little information being released in this case, it's difficult to piece together exactly what happened. In (limited) early reports, it was mentioned that Sandra was wearing high-heeled shoes. I've never worn stilettos in my life but can't imagine anyone walking along the side of a road, possibly intoxicated, and being able to walk easily without losing balance and/or falling. It was also raining that night, so road surfaces/shoulders would have been slick.

Given those conditions, I think that it is very likely that Sandra had fallen - perhaps into the traffic lane - and was struck as she tried to stand up and regain her balance. The driver would have been unable to see Sandra and might have thought that he/she struck a deer. Initial impact would have propelled SL some distance forward until another driver came along and struck her again. If she was "dragged" some distance, it could have been by a second vehicle that caught her beneath the carriage or in a wheel well (LE said that there was damage to the right side of the vehicle). :moo:

BBM

I much prefer my flip flops... No way I could walk that in heels these days, maybe in my youth.

I'm wondering if this their best guess? How they could know for sure since it has been stated they can not even give a limited vehicle description from the car parts gathered. With it being said it was raining that night and the possibility of the culprit(s) being a Drunk Driver how can they be sure which direction the vehicle was traveling? They could have been all over the road??

I'm sure its the best guess given the circumstances just pondering other possibilities.

~

I'm still following this case.....although there is no new info to be found or heard.

Just looking at the map and tracing the route taken by whom ever is responsible for this. Seems the presser info had be be wrong Sheriff had stated she was drug 1/8 of a mile but from the looks of it on this map Sandra was drug for more than .4 a mile underneath that vehicle.... So Sad :(

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200487975050019020940.0004d41fd131d8370952d&msa=0

~

I can't believe that no one has come forward and/or LE hasn't made progress. Has the rumor mill quieted down at all?

I can't believe that no one has come forward and/or LE hasn't made progress. Has the rumor mill quieted down at all?

BBM No, not really :rolleyes: The Topix thread is still a scary place!

~

I was away for a week and hoped that there would have been progress in this case during that time. :( to think that there might never be justice for Sandra and that her family won't have closure or know exactly what happened to their loved one or who is responsible.

I was away for a week and hoped that there would have been progress in this case during that time. :( to think that there might never be justice for Sandra and that her family won't have closure or know exactly what happened to their loved one or who is responsible.

Certainly hope something breaks on this soon. Things are getting crazier than they even were. :waitasec:

So many things just don't seem to add up in this case.......

~

I just spent the past 2+ hours reading the Topix thread and all I can say is WOW! I read so many debates about what is fact ans what is rumor and I now have a new appreciation for the TOS here at WS, they put a stop to pointless arguments. I am also amazed at the level of interest this far out, that will hopefully keep pressure on LE. Having the community invested in an answer is only a positive.

I will keep my opinion of the clique to myself. Alcohol had to have played a role IMO.

I just spent the past 2+ hours reading the Topix thread and all I can say is WOW! I read so many debates about what is fact ans what is rumor and I now have a new appreciation for the TOS here at WS, they put a stop to pointless arguments. I am also amazed at the level of interest this far out, that will hopefully keep pressure on LE. Having the community invested in an answer is only a positive.

I will keep my opinion of the clique to myself. Alcohol had to have played a role IMO.

I know right! :eek: Crazy over there. No way I would want to bring that drama over here and definitely thankful it would not be tolerated.

Alcohol played a major factor I am sure along with emotions I have no doubt. This is definately a twisted and tangled mess.

I just hope whom ever is responsible does not end up getting away with this :(

~

Still lurking and keeping up with the gossip.

Unbelievable all the varied stories still circulating locally around this.

Rumors that LE should be making some sort of move soon but that has been said for weeks now :( Still waiting ......

More of them today, sure hope this does not end up a Cold Case :please:

~

WASHINGTON TWP, Mich. (WJBK) -
A beautiful mother of 5 is killed by a hit and run driver. It's been more than 2 months now since the crash and family and friends are doing everything they can to help solve the case.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...-run-that-killed-mother-of-five#ixzz2MUJ10CEm

:waitasec: Unfortunately I believe someone is going to get way with this crime. Just been too long IMO ...... :(

~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back