Meter Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
But whatever color bag or "un-bag" (LOL) he saw - it appears that he and LE finally got a look at it and it was nothing but trash. That is what was reported by LE...and he himself did not call back or return to the area for 4 months. Since he is such a persistant guy...if he hadn't been satified with their search of the area...I don't think he would have walked away at that point. So it seems clear to me that whatever he spotted back in August was just trash and not Caylee's remains.

I believe he remembered how much trash and junk was out there in August, so when he returned in December he took another look. The vegetation was not as dense as it was before. He probably decided to check other parts of the area and stumbled on Caylee. JMO

Check this out!

scoobysnack
Dec 21, 2008 | 11:38 AM
not sure if anyone else knows this but I will share it incase you don't know, I have a very reliable source in LE so what I'm listing here is all facts..
The duct tape was all the way around Caylee's
head her eye's, nose and mouth were covered.
The book that she is looking at in the video was in the bag.
the 3 calls on Aug 11,12,13 that were made,
this is what is in LE computer
CALL 1: female deputy responds drives down Suburban Dr and clears the scene in 3 minutes it is thought that she never even left her car.
CALL 2: call information was given to a detective who look up the area and saw that
dogs had cleared that area so he clears the scene.
CALL 3: deputy meets the Orange county worker at the location he walks in the woods with the him and he shows him the "bag".. deputy's statement: I poked the bag with my baton, I saw a snake and felt the area was not safe so I cleared the scene as trash.
I was told by my source that it is very common for snakes to be around a decomposing body because they are drawn to the smell and the activity of critters and bugs.. I found this to be pretty interesting. I was also told that LE has a lot of evidence that will not come out until the trial, I really hope this doesn't turn out to be another OJ trial because the state has to prove that the body was placed there before July 16th when KC was arrested and my source tells me that this will be very hard to do.. we all need to pray that this "BIOTCH" goes down..

http://community.myfoxorlando.com/b...earch_for_Caylee_Anthony_Part_II?page_no=1544

But whatever color bag or "un-bag" (LOL) he saw - it appears that he and LE finally got a look at it and it was nothing but trash. That is what was reported by LE...and he himself did not call back or return to the area for 4 months. Since he is such a persistant guy...if he hadn't been satified with their search of the area...I don't think he would have walked away at that point. So it seems clear to me that whatever he spotted back in August was just trash and not Caylee's remains.

I believe he remembered how much trash and junk was out there in August, so when he returned in December he took another look. The vegetation was not as dense as it was before. He probably decided to check other parts of the area and stumbled on Caylee. JMO

I just don't understand. If on the 13th of Aug LE inspected the bag that the meter reader was so suspicious of and found just trash, why would the meter reader go back in December. If that info was correct, a search of a bag that contained only trash would have put an end to his suspicion, don't ya think?

I just don't understand. If on the 13th of Aug LE inspected the bag that the meter reader was so suspicious of and found just trash, why would the meter reader go back in December. If that info was correct, a search of a bag that contained only trash would have put an end to his suspicion, don't ya think?

Not necessarily. That is a big area - and he may have felt it was worth another look.

I am not sure about what to think about the post by scoobysnack (quoted by irishbosoxfan). I have heard those things almost work for word in the media too...so I am a bit skeptical that they truly come from some LE insider. But perhaps it is all true. At worst - LE didn't follow up as they should have and missed the opportunity to find Caylee earlier.

I guess my feeling is that even if you assume someone else dumped the body there later....how do you get around the decomp smell in Casey's car, the chloroform found in the trunk, Caylee's hair showing decomp in the trunk, cadaver dog hits, Casey's behavior during this whole time, Casey's lies. She is still guilty even if another person was involved. If she tried to argue she didn't know the other person would kill Caylee....why hasn't she stepped forward now and named that person - why take the rap for them? It makes no sense. She did it - and I am confident the jury will see that.

not necessarily. That is a big area - and he may have felt it was worth another look.

I am not sure about what to think about the post by scoobysnack (quoted by irishbosoxfan). I have heard those things almost work for word in the media too...so i am a bit skeptical that they truly come from some le insider. But perhaps it is all true. At worst - le didn't follow up as they should have and missed the opportunity to find caylee earlier.

I guess my feeling is that even if you assume someone else dumped the body there later....how do you get around the decomp smell in casey's car, the chloroform found in the trunk, caylee's hair showing decomp in the trunk, cadaver dog hits, casey's behavior during this whole time, casey's lies. She is still guilty even if another person was involved. If she tried to argue she didn't know the other person would kill caylee....why hasn't she stepped forward now and named that person - why take the rap for them? It makes no sense. She did it - and i am confident the jury will see that.

yeah you're right. Either way you look at it, she's guilty!

yeah you're right. Either way you look at it, she's guilty!

I think so - but I'm not on the jury so I don't count. LOL.

The other thing that bothers me about making the arguement that someone else dumped her there is that the only person Casey has impicated is ZFG - or the nanny. But nothing about that nanny has been able to be corroborated. It is all lies and Casey can't show even the smallest amount of proof that she ever existed. Nada. So how does she get around that? Is she going to change her story yet again and name someone else that won't check out?

The only thing that the defense can find that "might" support her theory is that the body was dumped later (when Casey was in jail) because it wasn't found when LE searched the area. But searches aren't 100% accurate...and we still don't know for sure if that specific spot in those woods was searched by anyone. Perhaps LE thought Tim Miller searched there, and Tim Miller thought LE searched there. We know the psychics came...but didn't search because of the vegetation and water. So maybe everyone thought someone else searched. With this crazy case and all the stuff going on...it would be tragic...but not surprising if that happened. I would really like to know exactly what search was done in that specific spot. In any case...the defense will latch on to this issue because it is the only one they have. JMO

Oh God, I know. Horrible. You don't have to be ADD and/or old-fashioned to care about spelling and grammar. :) Oh, and I have an incurable case of ellipseaphilia, but I am recovering from the affliction. :crazy:

Oh no--Ellipseaphilla! That used to be incurable, but it's extinct now because no one actually knows what an ellipsis is or looks like. :floorlaugh:

Before I provoke scrutiny of my own error-filled posts here, I need to admit that I had to look up the definition of of "ellipsis" -- although it did sound familiar. ROFL. Which leads me to 2 short, funny O/T story. (Read quickly, before our mod deletes this msg):

I despised English grammar in grade school; to this day, the thought of diagramming a sentence makes my eyes droop and my brain shut down. I couldn't understand why my misuse of commas (and my transparent use of sentimentality in lieu of actual facts:boohoo:) cost me a trip to Philadelphia for my 8th grade essay on "What the Liberty Bell Means to Me."

That was a national competition, and I was still stinging from my failure to earn even an honorable mention, so in college, I scorned journalism and majored in math and finance, because there was no subjectivity involved in the grading system. An answer was either right or wrong. Black or white. Dean's List or flunk out. I thrived on that.

Years later, after a career in finance, I decided to write a novel. After a dozen or so subsequent NY Times bestsellers, I finally got up the courage to ask my editor why the copy editor kept deleting my semi-colons and substituing commas or periods which I knew were not correct.

My editor checked with the copy editor and phoned me back to say the copy editor had said that, although I was remarkably skilled at the use of semi-colons, they confused readers because the use of semi-colons was becoming archaic. What????

At approximately that same time, Microsoft Word introduced their new grammar checker program. I couldn't finish a page without that program highlighting and criticizing my mistakes in flashing technicolor. It reminded me of my 8th grade essay about the Liberty Bell that had made me feel like such an inept failure. I looked at the items the MS Word was criticizing me for, and it shook me up a little. So I turned the d@mned thing off.

LOL.

Oh no--Ellipseaphilla! That used to be incurable, but it's extinct now because no one actually knows what an ellipsis is or looks like. :floorlaugh:

Before I provoke scruting of my own error-filled posts here, I need to admit that I had to look up the definition of of "ellipsis" -- although it did sound familiar. ROFL. Which leads me to 2 short, funny O/T story. (Read quickly, before our mod deletes this msg):

I despised English grammar in grade school; to this day, the thought of diagramming a sentence makes my eyes droop and my brain shut down. I couldn't understand why my misuse of commas (and my transparent use of sentimentality in lieu of actual facts:boohoo:) cost me a trip to Philadelphia for my 8th grade essay on "What the Liberty Bell Means to Me."

That was a national competition, and I was still stinging from my failure to earn even an honorable mention, so in college, I scorned journalism and majored in math and finance, because there was no subjectivity involved in the grading system. An answer was either right or wrong. Black or white. Dean's List or flunk out. I thrived on that.

Years later, after a career in finance, I decided to write a novel. After a dozen or so subsequent NY Times bestsellers, I finally got up the courage to ask my editor why the copy editor kept deleting my semi-colons and substituing commas or periods which I knew were not correct.

My editor checked with the copy editor and phoned me back to say the copy editor had said that, although I was remarkably skilled at the use of semi-colons, they confused readers because the use of semi-colons was becoming archaic. What????

At approximately that same time, Microsoft Word introduced their new grammar checker program. I couldn't finish a page without that program highlighting and criticizing my mistakes in flashing technicolor. It reminded me of my 8th grade essay about the Liberty Bell that had made me feel like such an inept failure. I looked at the items the MS Word was criticizing me for, and it shook me up a little. So I turned the d@mned thing off.

LOL.
I have to say as an educator I wish they'd bring back the semi-colon!!

Not necessarily. That is a big area - and he may have felt it was worth another look.

I am not sure about what to think about the post by scoobysnack (quoted by irishbosoxfan). I have heard those things almost work for word in the media too...so I am a bit skeptical that they truly come from some LE insider. But perhaps it is all true. At worst - LE didn't follow up as they should have and missed the opportunity to find Caylee earlier.

I guess my feeling is that even if you assume someone else dumped the body there later....how do you get around the decomp smell in Casey's car, the chloroform found in the trunk, Caylee's hair showing decomp in the trunk, cadaver dog hits, Casey's behavior during this whole time, Casey's lies. She is still guilty even if another person was involved. If she tried to argue she didn't know the other person would kill Caylee....why hasn't she stepped forward now and named that person - why take the rap for them? It makes no sense. She did it - and I am confident the jury will see that.

The reason I put it there is because the poster wrote it on December 21st--more than 2 full days before the documents came out on the meter reader and the poster had the correct info in regards to the times and such so it leads me to strongly believe that the last part about the cop poking the bag and a snake coming out and they high tailed it out of there to be correct also.

Really wish the cop had followed up on it at a later time!

I truly believe that Mr Kronk seen more than just a bag when he called 911 which is why he couldn't let it go and called back 2 more times and that he believed that once the cop seen it that it was going to be handled the way it should've been and when he got that route back he went to make sure it had and when he found that it hadn't been he had his supervisor call because then he had "witnesses" and the cops would take it seriously

The reason I put it there is because the poster wrote it on December 21st--more than 2 full days before the documents came out on the meter reader and the poster had the correct info in regards to the times and such so it leads me to strongly believe that the last part about the cop poking the bag and a snake coming out and they high tailed it out of there to be correct also.

Really wish the cop had followed up on it at a later time!

I truly believe that Mr Kronk seen more than just a bag when he called 911 which is why he couldn't let it go and called back 2 more times and that he believed that once the cop seen it that it was going to be handled the way it should've been and when he got that route back he went to make sure it had and when he found that it hadn't been he had his supervisor call because then he had "witnesses" and the cops would take it seriously

Well that is really too bad if that is what happened. I guess I am still not sure that any of it really matters anyway. Even if all that is true and LE didn't properly follow up - it doesn't change the outcome. Caylee was still killed and dumped there; Casey has a world of evidence against her. (Notice my use of a semi-colon...LOL...did I use it correctly?)

Yes - the meter reader reported a white bag not a black bag. The LE reports also show that an officer met with him and they both looked at the things he was concerned about. They turned out to just be trash.

I think the concern has always been whether LE even looked at the area after his calls...but we can see that they did. All three times - though the first two weren't sufficient because the caller wasn't there to show them the exact spot. The second question was how they missed Caylee's body if they were out there...but I think it is very likely they were farther down Suburban than were she was left. And notice even the meter reader calls the area a "swamp" - which means lot of it must have been covered with water. That would really hinder a search in that area until it dried up.
Thank you much!

Thank you much!

Well - I may have been wrong. Read some of the previous posts - it appears he reported a gray bag. He mentioned a white sign and something white and roundish underneath it. We still don't really know if what he spotted was Caylee's remains or not, because we don't know how well LE followed up. But there is alot of trash out there...so I still think that it's likely it wasn't.

I'm sure he said it, but I can't believe it's true. What about if the body is sealed in a humid environment with no air flow, like a plastic bag? What if the plastic bag is under water? Have we ever learned for certain when the area flooded?

You're so cute--and so right, Chilly. (forgive me for the "Cute" remark; it's just that in the many months I've been here under two different names, I've learned to anticipate that you are not one to ever settle for generalizations. And good for you! LOL)

All that aside, I can only pass along to you what I heard the expert on CNN say, but no one presented him with the kind of specifics you've itemized. If that had been the case, he might well have needed to adjust his conclusions accordingly.

As to when the area flooded for certain, there is a variety of somewhat conflicting reports. The only one I feel I can stand behind is that, in Sept, when TM and TES tried to search the area, there was enough water in places in there to submerge and ruin a $10,000 ATV.

I cannot help but feel uncomfortable about his finding the remains. What are the odds that someone goes to an area 3 times and each time it turns out to be nothing? Then 4 months later he returns to the same place and now he finds the remains. It just feels wrong. I think this is going to be a problem with a jury as well. I am almost sure it will be brought up.

Oh I'm sure it will be brought up over and over. That's a real gem for the defense. I think the evidence recovered though will trump it.

Even with high-noon sun, the woods where Precious Caylee's remains were found are very dark, shaded by all the growth.
If MR looked back there at just the right angle with the sun reflecting off something much lighter in color, with a totally different texture than that of the thick brush, could it be possible he was seeing the skull?

The skull, although not white, would look white against the contrast of all the dark foliage.
I think he did see the skull the first time but maybe his mind didn't want it to register completely, thus his confusing-sounding call.

The skull might have been 3/4 protruding from a rip in the bag.
Whatever his actions were to the bag..... pick up or kick..... the skull came out completely at that time and that's the part he reported in his last call.

The sound/explanation in the calls, although confusing, make me think he didn't want to come right out and say he saw a skull for whatever reason and that's where some of us get our high hinky meter reading.

As we've all seen on the Crime Scene photo thread, our eyes can see many different things depending on light, shade and reflection.
Just enough light from the sun, coming through a break in the taller brush, might have been just enough to catch a reflection on the whiteness and texture of a skull.

If in fact MR was being evasive because he was afraid of being accused of searching during work hours, or because he had gone back at night with a flashlight which would have shown a definite contrast between skull and foliage, I truly believe what MR saw the first time was in fact a partial view of Precious Caylee's skull.

I bet they're all saying "I should have done this, or that...etc"

It's very unfortunate that her remains couldn't be found sooner....
But I do think they have enough to convict Casey....If LE didn't follow
up, well, that was a big mistake....but what about all of Casey's mistakes?
Way too many to list without knocking the server out.....
I'm sure the prosecution has plenty to go on, more than we know....
I look forward to the sentencing.....

If in fact MR was being evasive because he was afraid of being accused of searching during work hours, or because he had gone back at night with a flashlight which would have shown a definite contrast between skull and foliage, I truly believe what MR saw the first time was in fact a partial view of Precious Caylee's skull.

Gosh, I would like to think that if he saw the actual skull that he would have surely followed up more than he did in August..

I care to a certain extent about grammar and spelling. But, I do have a 28 year old (very successful) son who is ADD. Without aid/editing, his spelling can sometimes make him look like an "english as a second language" person. However, he rates off the charts in intelligence. So carefull here....
BTW, I'm not ADD or STUPID and I don't recognize the words "ellipseaphilia" or "commaphobia". And I don't even feel inclined to look them up. Nor do I feel "stupid".
JMO

Ripley, please don't go there! You've misunderstood. See my post within the last hour. We were making fun of ourselves! The point I was making is that I AM ADD; I don't know where commas belong; I can't diagram a sentence to save my immortal soul--and yet I'm the author of more than a dozen NYT bestsellers.

Re your following words:

BTW, I'm not ADD or STUPID and I don't recognize the words "ellipseaphilia" or "commaphobia". And I don't even feel inclined to look them up. Nor do I feel "stupid".
JMO

Of course you didn't recognize the words "ellipseaphillia" or "commaphobia" because there are no such words! They were invented on the fly because I don't know where to stick a comma (commaphobia) and our friend Lurker doesn't know how to deal with an ellipsis. (ellipseaphillia). H*ll, if you look at my post before this one, you'll see that I had to look up the definition of "ellipsis." ROFL

Moreover, I am the mother, aunt, and grandmother of three splendid males with IQ's that are off the chart but who cannot compose an important, written paragraph without checking with me first (even though my IQ is way lower than theirs), and THEN running spell-check. However, they are aware of the need to run spell-check so that English doesn't seem to be their second languange. I assume you son is equally aware of that need.

Having explained all that, I hope you will now review Lurker's message and mine, and note that neither of us EVER used the word "STUPID." That was your word, your interpretation, and it was wrongly and unfairly attributed to two people who would never have been idiotic enough, or mean enough, to use it.

Warmest regards--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member