Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 6 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been at the ballpark all weekend and I'm trying to catch up.

WOW :eek: on the taped/transcribed threat towards VS by DS.

Also, I think the children being in hiding may very well hurt the grandparents' cause. Unless, they are trying to do it with legal advice and know all the laws because I sure as heck don't claim to. I hope they are getting good advice.

My opinion has not changed at all. IMO DS killed VS or had someone else do it.
IMO he carried out on his threats.

She needs to be found soon.

JMO

Venus's casual will indicated she wanted her parents to raise her children should something happen to her.

Since Venus had temporary full legal and full physical custody of the children, and there was a protective order to keep Doug away from the children, and because the parents have NEVER been ordered to allow contact between Doug and the children, they have done nothing illegal.

Venus was ordered to allow nightly phone conversations between the children and Doug, not Venus's parents.

I believe a judge will view the parents as looking out for the best interest of the children.

I am certain the judge is aware that Venus has disappeared, that Doug is the only Person of Interest in her disappearance.

The judge will know about the WalMart receipt for the purchase of the gloves, hat, tarp and shovel from the day before Venus disappeared as well as the tarp cover and slipper print found in the yard, about the truck seen across in the field appearing to be identical to the truck Venus left with Doug as well as the fact the tire casts appear to match the tires of Doug's truck.

Considering all of this, the judge would not expect anything less from Venus's parents and might be angered if the parents were allowing contact between the children and Doug, especially since it appears that he has murdered their mother.

That's just my opinion, of course.

The order would apply to whoever had the children. The grandparents do not have legal custody. If they were actively preventing him from talking to the kids I imagine that would be regarded as interference.

This is similar to the Survivor Producer's situation, right? He is the sole POI in his wife's murder but has not been charged. He is back in LA trying to obtain sole custody of his children from her parents.

In that case the children were with his parents. I don't think that he would need to try to get custody. The dispute was between his parents and her sisters, but since he is back in town I expect the point is moot.

No one stopped him from speaking to them...that's just the date he gave as tAccording to Doug's own filings for custody, he did not speak to the children after April 23.The last time he talked to them before Venus went missing.

He also claims that after April 27, Venus' family quit letting him talk to the children.

Actually, Puf, "he claims his last contact with his five-year-old was on April 23, according to WWMT.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...missing-woman-wants-custody-of-children-video
Doug's claim is that he hasn't talked to the 5 year old since the 23rd, I'm assuming he spoke to the 3 year old, or he would have said he hadn't spoken to both children. This contradicts what TM said on TV. She said he called every night except the night Venus went missing. I got a horrible feeling when I heard that. Who was keeping the 5 y.o. from talking to her dad 3 days before the abduction?
I doubt DS would lie about this since the children have a GAL and they will be interviewed. To make up something so seemingly random and lie to the courts about it when it can be easily proven would be shooting himself in the foot.

I thought her parents had said he never missed a call until the night before the abduction, and that was part of their insistence that he was involved?

I thought her parents had said he never missed a call until the night before the abduction, and that was part of their insistence that he was involved?

Okay, thank you, cluciano. I fixed it.
And changed it back, lol
That has to be a record for most editing done. lol.
I'm sure it's in the NG transcripts. I'll go searching.

He didn't call the day she went missing. He called the night before.

T. MCCOMB: He claims to be in Virginia, but the whole day -- see, he calls every day because he was ordered -- he could call us every day, once a day, to talk to the children. But on that day, he never called. That`s the only day he`s missed is the day that Venus came up missing.

GRACE: OK, and so -- the day that your daughter Venus is kidnapped in her pajamas, 7:00 in the morning at the mailbox, that`s the only day he has failed to call his daughters?

T. MCCOMB: Right. And he`s still calling our house. I don`t talk to him. I just pick the phone up and put it down.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/05/ng.01.html

According to Doug's own filings for custody, he did not speak to the children after April 23. No one stopped him from speaking to them...that's just the date he gave as the last time he talked to them before Venus went missing.

He also claims that after April 27, Venus' family quit letting him talk to the children.

He didn't speak to the 5 yr old after April 23. It didn't specify the 3 yr old, so it looks like he did speak with her. And you're right - it doesn't say anyone denied him speaking with the 5yo after April 23. Just says that was his last date of contact with her.

In court records, Doug alleges that Venus' family has denied him a judge ordered daily phone call with their children since April 27, the day after Venus disappeared.

Doug says his last contact with his five-year-old daughter was even earlier on April 23rd.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1376791-bottom-estranged.html

In general, I don't see a problem with the kids talking on the phone with him, provided there's coordination - perhaps through a children's counselor - on what they've been told about Venus and what should and shouldn't be said to them, and how to respond to any questions they may ask him about where Venus is.

The NG transcripts have either L or T saying the 5yo accidentally saw a news piece about Venus showing or saying Venus was with Doug and that she got scared about it.

Actually, writing this, I'm thinking supervised visits at CPS as he requests may even be better than the phone. There's no control over what's said on the phone, but I think a parent would be more careful over what they say in front of a CPS worker.

On the other hand, there are so many children of parents with conflicts of all kinds who don't watch what they say in earshot of the kids, so many parents who deliberately say negatively or potentially emotionally harmful things in earshot of their kids. I'd like all of them to exercise more control over their tongues lol.

My biggest concern about the children is Doug harming the children. I've read too many stories in recent months about a parent killing a child specifically to 'get back at' the other parent. This is a case where we can see signs of this risk, and I hope that the court will take measure to protect these little girls from harm.

ETA: I should have read ahead :) Someone else already pointed out the 5yo/April 23 thing. Sorry.

just to close the loop on the O/T discussion of the Beresford-Redmond case that has a similar custodial issue:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100524/ap_on_en_tv/us_mexico_producer_s_wife

The Attorney General in Cancun has been unable to locate the producer to question him regarding his wife's death. Beresford-Redmond is back in LA to attempt to regain his children, but the AG says the evidence is being turned over to a judge if the go ahead is given, the suspect will be located and arrested and extradited...

According to Doug's own filings for custody, he did not speak to the children after April 23. No one stopped him from speaking to them...that's just the date he gave as the last time he talked to them before Venus went missing.

That's pretty significant, if you ask me.

April 23, 2010: Doug speaks to his children

April 24, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children. (Does Doug become enraged because his phone call goes unanswered; When the old caller ID "don't answer the phone, it's HIM" trick is implemented?)

April 25, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; gloves, tarp, hat and shovel purchased at Walmart

April 26, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; Venus disappears

WHY DIDN'T DOUG CALL HIS GIRLS on April 26, 2010, the day Venus disappeared? Or did he call and his phone calls were screened using caller ID?

April 19 - Venus is granted full legal and physical custody. Doug is granted only phone calls.

April 19 - 23 - Doug talks to both children.

April 24 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo?

April 25 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo? Gloves, tarp, hat, shovel purchased.

April 26 - Venus abducted & disappears. Doug doesn't call to speak to either child - why not? Doug subsequently refuses to tell grandparents if he worked this day.

April 27 - Doug calls to speak to children (Grandparents refuse because Venus has been abducted & they think Doug did it.).

Date? - Doug files for phone calls, joint legal custody & physical custody.

That's pretty significant, if you ask me.

April 23, 2010: Doug speaks to his children

April 24, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children. (Does Doug become enraged because his phone call goes unanswered; When the old caller ID "don't answer the phone, it's HIM" trick is implemented?)

April 25, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; gloves, tarp, hat and shovel purchased at Walmart

April 26, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; Venus disappears

WHY DIDN'T DOUG CALL HIS GIRLS on April 26, 2010, the day Venus disappeared? Or did he call and his phone calls were screened using caller ID?

The April 24 & 25 dates. Doug does talk to the 3 year old.

wow spame, great sleuthing!
lol Thank you, Beyond Belief. I felt pretty self conscious at first but the lady was really the sweetest person ever, and we ended up discussing the weather,(BLIZZARD HERE IN WY!!) and gardening. LOL
So at first the story was that V was mailing a letter, and now it is that she was checking the mail. I think most people probably check the mail the day it is delivered, especially if they're expecting something important enough.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...-missing-woman-case-may-be-headed-to-Michigan

lol Thank you, Beyond Belief. I felt pretty self conscious at first but the lady was really the sweetest person ever, and we ended up discussing the weather,(BLIZZARD HERE IN WY!!) and gardening. LOL
So at first the story was that V was mailing a letter, and now it is that she was checking the mail. I think most people probably check the mail the day it is delivered, especially if they're expecting something important enough.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...-missing-woman-case-may-be-headed-to-Michigan

I agree that most people likely check their mail the day of delivery. It was a reporter who used the word 'retrieving' the mail in that one article. I haven't seen that anywhere else, have you?

ETA: Well how odd. Here's an article from way back on May 6 with another reporter saying she was 'getting' the mail at 7:30am.:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/suspicious-person-in-Venus-Stewart-case

This is the article I was referring to above where the reporter says 'went to retrieve'. Article is May 20:
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/progress_made_in_venus_stewart.html

Just for the record, I just called the PO in Colon, MI. I spoke to a delightful woman, Lxxxxx, who told me that the mail is delivered later in the afternoon on Driftwood Drive.
http://michigan.hometownlocator.com...ice,lat,41.9583333,lon,-85.3255556,cf,149.cfm

The next question would be:

Is Venus allowed to smoke in the house? If not, does the abductor wait, knowing full well she will come outside to smoke?

Or, was the abductor promised by the five-year-old that mommy would mail him a picture she drew or letter she wrote that morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong