Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1921DMOH

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1921dmoh.html

Phillip Keith Barnett
Missing since August 19, 1981 from Franklin, Warren County, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: September 30, 1954
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 180 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. He had a broken left jaw.
•Marks, Scars: Tattoos of L-O-V-E on left fingers and F-L-E-A on right fingers.
•Dentals: Available
•Fingerprints: Available
•AKA: Flea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Barnett was last seen with an unknown male in Franklin, Ohio on August 19, 1981.
At the time of his disappearance he was living at 712 South Avenue in Franklin, Ohio
His girlfriend was later seen setting out a bloody couch for trash.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

FBI - Knoxville
Agent Dennis R Daniels
865-594-6209

Source Information:
The Family of Phillip Keith Barnett

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barnett_phillip.html

I do not find Phillip listed in NamUs at this time.

I don't find archived article for Phillip at this time.

Phillip has been missing 29 years today. Prayers for his family. Come home soon.

Attachments

• PKBarnett.jpg
    PKBarnett.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 36
I just read the story on phillip. I grew up in franklin and graduated from springboro in 1977. I do not remember this but i was young then and really didnt pay attention to the news like i do now. I came across this story and it floored me that i didnt know about this all these years the name barnett sounds so familier to me. I know there was a auto shop named barnett. i have tried to do research on phillip but really can not find anything. what was his girlfriends name, are ther any suspects. My heart goes out to the family and they are in my thoughts and prayers that they may someday find some answers. I will continue to research and see if i can help in any way.

I can not seem to find anything out about phillips disapearnce. I would like to know who the girlfriend was and see if I can find anything out doing research on her. If anyone knows her name please let me know. Thanks

It breaks my heart to know that someone has a son brother couison uncle missing not knowing his family but know that on aug 19 he has been missing for 30 years I hope that someone somewhere with more resources than I someday find this man

The Doe Network:
Case File 1921DMOH

Phillip Keith Barnett

Vital Statistics
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. He had a broken left jaw.

Barnett was last seen with an unknown male in Franklin, Ohio on August 19, 1981.
At the time of his disappearance he was living at 712 South Avenue in Franklin, Ohio

Investigators

FBI - Knoxville
Agent Dennis R Daniels
865-594-6209

Source Information:

Phillip has been missing 29 years today. Prayers for his family. Come home soon.

The Charley Project URL does not work for me, but the Doe Network link does. I could not find Phillip on Charley Project at this time.

Satch

Meaghan of Charley Project removed Phillip's casefile from her site after receiving an update on several Ohio cases from the Ohio Attorney General's ofice.

Regarding Barnett, they said:
Phillip Barnett I tried calling the FBI number listed on your website. It has been disconnected. I called Franklin Police Department in Ohio. They do not have record of this case. They said any records from that time period have been destroyed. I am not sure where to go at this point.

That doesn't necessarily mean that he was found. It only means that any record of Barnett's disappearance has been destroyed. Whoever did him in can probably sleep a little better knowing that he is totally off of LE's radar.

Meaghan of Charley Project removed Phillip's casefile from her site after receiving an update on several Ohio cases from the Ohio Attorney General's ofice.

Regarding Barnett, they said:

That doesn't necessarily mean that he was found. It only means that any record of Barnett's disappearance has been destroyed. Whoever did him in can probably sleep a little better knowing that he is totally off of LE's radar.

Sad to hear that,

If new evidence comes about, would Ohio LE consider reopening Phillip's case? I always believed that missing persons cases were never closed until the person was either found safe or known to be deceased. At least Doe Network has some information, which might help get the case in the public eye again. Closure needs to happen here.

Satch

Sad to hear that,

If new evidence comes about, would Ohio LE consider reopening Phillip's case? I always believed that missing persons cases were never closed until the person was either found safe or known to be deceased. At least Doe Network has some information, which might help get the case in the public eye again. Closure needs to happen here.

Satch

I agree closure needs to happen. To be missing for 31years thats along time for his family to not have any answers. Why would anyone destroy a missing person case???

Still can not get phillip off my mind hes been missing for 31 years this month. I just can not get if off my mind wondering where he is and if someone from my hometown got away with murder..

Just wondering,

Was the girlfriend mentioned in the OP ever querstioned? What became of this? She was seen setting out a "bloody couch" for trash. Oh my! What happend to that couch?

Satch

Just wondering,

Was the girlfriend mentioned in the OP ever querstioned? What became of this? She was seen setting out a "bloody couch" for trash. Oh my! What happend to that couch?

Satch

I have wondered the same thing. I would like to know the name of the girlfriend I may have known her. I am going to try and find someone from the police department to see if they can help. I dont understand how they can destroy a missing person report and I am going to have someone there explain this to me. I dont know why I can not get this off my mind maybe someone up above wants someone to have to answer for this also

Just wondering,

Satch

I have submitted Phillips case to Mike Dewine Ohios attorny general hopefully he will be able to get some answers to these questions will let you know if he responds

Sunday Phillip has been missing for 31 years. I dont understand how someone can just be gone and LE just destroy the file on it . I hope i dont ever just dissapear well im sure my family and friends would not stop till they found me. I have tried to come up with something on phillip but come up with nothing very frustrating......

Tomorrow you have been gone for 31 years you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers hopefully you can come home soon.

I tried to find out what happened to you Phillip.... keep hitting brick walls i know there has to be someone who knows something and maybe someday their consience will get the best of them and they will tell where u are

my brother in law knew flea.... from what I hear le wouldn't reopen the case but the word is that some dangerous people thought flea crossed them and turned them in to the police and that after he "Disappeared" the cops were paid off to look the other way. And that if his family wanted they should make them look into the gravel pitt for their brother , son. this is hearsay but made sense when I heard the girlfriends name I did find out the girlfriends name but I wont put that out here but that was one thing that really had me curious. what goes around comes around and whoever did this karma will get em. and the le that covered it up.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1921dmoh.html Well I did my best to find you or what happened to you this year, but Christmas has come and gone and your family has spent 31 Christmas without you. I know if you were my brother son father cousin I would not ever stop looking for you. I hope that this is the year that you will be found and laid to rest and next Christmas you will have flowers on your grave. Merry Christmas Flea may you finally rest in peace in 2013

The Doe Network:
Case File 1921DMOH

Phillip Keith Barnett

Vital Statistics

Investigators

FBI - Knoxville
Agent Dennis R Daniels
865-594-6209

Source Information:

Everyone I have talked to about flea says he is in a gravel pit near franklin who would I talk to to try and get this investigated or the gravel pit searched from what im told hes not the only body there

Another year has come and gone Flea ... so sad that the franklin police dept dosent have any records from that time they all have been destroyed who destroys missing person files???? I will not stop trying to find out where you are hopefully this is the year you will be found....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back