Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have been growing a beard prior. I do think until the funeral is over, there is not much "thinking normally" ....in this case, I suspect nothing will be back to normal until the case is prosecuted.

As an aside -

I find it unusual that a previously perfectly presented man, well shaven perfectly dressed etc. appears at his wife's funeral needing a shave.

I understand that, when she was missing, his presentation may have been the last thing on his mind but the funeral is a different thing altogether.

Also - he may never have worn a wedding ring - some men don't.

I agree 100%.
He appears to have taken the time to "man scape" the growth, why not whip around with a razor and tidy yourself up?

Also, I have been married 9 years and we both stopped wearing rings about 6 or 7 years ago. It doesn't mean we hate each other, we just don't wear them.

TBH that could explain soooo much!! That would explain why he's been silent, why he wasn't out there pleading for the killer to come forward, telling people that he's innocent and that they should be helping the police not gossiping about him.
If he knew who did it and lawyered up immediately so that he could go to the police and tell them what he knew, then I would feel so bad for him!! Though dialling 000 doesn't really indicate this to be plausable...
:(

Just a question on that, did he actually ring 000? I know that was speculated on, but not sure if it was fact,. Maybe just rang local cops? (Told them what had been going on?)

I'll be heading over to the new registrants in about 15 minutes or so. If any guests want to get registered and start posting tonight, please sign up now. :tyou: It's 100% free!

As an aside -

I find it unusual that a previously perfectly presented man, well shaven perfectly dressed etc. appears at his wife's funeral needing a shave.

I understand that, when she was missing, his presentation may have been the last thing on his mind but the funeral is a different thing altogether.

Also - he may never have worn a wedding ring - some men don't.

I think the beard is to hide his emotions.

He has a wedding ring in this pic.
847396-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

Hi all, been lurking for the last few weeks, I find myself almost obsessed with this case! So close to home I guess, and being close in age to Allison....
Someone mentioned him not wearing a wedding ring- I just saw a news flash from at St Paul's today and he was definitely wearing it then.......
I have an overwhelming gut feeling about this , but was sure there would be an arrest today....... Suspense sucks I hope the person/s are charged soon!!!!!
RIP Allison you have touched so many lives and my thoughts are with her beautiful daughters and mum, dad and siblings xxxx

This pic taken after she went missing, also has wedding ring on.

114946-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

I thought there would be too..... still have a few hours in the day yet.... maybe tonight, after the wake (if there is one of course).... the girls will need their daddy around today.

Hi all, been lurking for the last few weeks, I find myself almost obsessed with this case! So close to home I guess, and being close in age to Allison....
Someone mentioned him not wearing a wedding ring- I just saw a news flash from at St Paul's today and he was definitely wearing it then.......
I have an overwhelming gut feeling about this , but was sure there would be an arrest today....... Suspense sucks I hope the person/s are charged soon!!!!!
RIP Allison you have touched so many lives and my thoughts are with her beautiful daughters and mum, dad and siblings xxxx

:welcome:

:wagon:

I wish we were meeting under better circumstances. :tears:

Just a question on that, did he actually ring 000? I know that was speculated on, but not sure if it was fact,. Maybe just rang local cops? (Told them what had been going on?)

Good point, I don't know if we ever were able to confirm how he made contact with the police, sorry, I shouldn't have said that... I know there's been a lot of discussion but not sure if anyone found a link confirming it...

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.

I have mixed feelings about the girls being with their dad today..... What if he is involved?? How will that affect them later??? Hmm..... ???? Of course we don't know if he was, but it's certainly looking that way isn't it? So sad :(

I've been so overwhelmed by this case and I'm constantly thinking of it, of Allison, her children, her parents and her husband. I'm always looking for updates, getting anxious over the fact that no one has been arrested, hoping that they are close and that they're just getting more info to ensure that their case is airtight. Dreading the fact that this could take days, weeks, months a year or more before an arrest is made... It really distresses me :( I'm sure I'm not the only one!!

I'm going to try and back away a bit. This is all so intense and consuming!

Hugs to you all.

Good point, I don't know if we ever were able to confirm how he made contact with the police, sorry, I shouldn't have said that... I know there's been a lot of discussion but not sure if anyone found a link confirming it...

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.

For sure I reckon!!! They would make it very clear that he isn't a POI... The QPS are keeping pretty quiet aren't they??!!! Frustrating!!!!

he has lost weight...it looks very loose in this one?

I thought that when I saw footage from today he def looks like he's lost weight from his business photo and even wedding pic

I think the weight loss is to do with his personal trainer that was posted awhile back?

Maybe they haven't named ANY person of interest as they are making them sweat. That or they just don't know yet? Sort of like if they haven't named anyone the murderer would be always looking over their shoulder. I would imagine the tension and paranoia would make someone crack sooner or later. Could all be a strategy. At least that's what I'm hoping.

seeing footage today of GBC holding hands with daughters, comforting them.......I HOPE TO HIGH HEAVEN HE IS INNOCENT...I CANNOT imagine a man offering his babies comfort if guilty...It can't be possible, people that evil can't hide it all their lives...surely signs of this EVILNES would have shown over the years? Oh I hope I am right for the girls sake...freaking out a little right now for all the family and loved ones involved in this bloody mess
Well, I have an exam in exactly 15 minutes!!!! havent seen any real footage of today, but what I did see looked very special...RIP Allison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.