TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
why couldn't it be a hunter or someone in the woods that had watched the house? I live in the woods butting up on state land and when hiking my own property have seen people out there even not during hunting season.

also, just because these people live in the country does not mean that something random is out of the possibility. :twocents:

random isn't impossible but it's unlikely (imo) because they didn't get caught. if the perp just happened upon her out by her car then how did he manage to get away, hide her/her body, and not get caught after almost a year and a half esp when le was on the scene within 20 - 30 minutes? that makes it seem highly like to me that this was planned.

In what direction would we look if there had been no Clint to witness it: just a scream heard by a neighbor, blood at the scene, and a lunch purse and (allegedly) a cell phone found?

In what direction would we look if there had been no Clint to witness it: just a scream heard by a neighbor, blood at the scene, and a lunch purse and (allegedly) a cell phone found?

Planted or not planted?

This is a great question because I keep struggling with what to take as accurate information as a starting point. I sure wish LE would put out an official statement of the events as they know it. I struggle with the blood because I am still not convinced it was Hollys. Until LE says it is, I am not sure what to believe. I struggle with the scream for the same reasons.

If we take the blood and scream as they happened, and throw away the camo man, then IMO, that points to a possible run away situation.
Like, suppose Holly wanted to leave all the life changing drama that was happening. She was taking a hard test, and maybe she knew she had not studdied hard enough for it, so she could have been aware she would not pass, as well as possible rumored BF issues. So, one possibility is she just wanted to get away from all the drama and pressure. Maybe the scream was simply a family or friend verbal situation as they tried to convince her not to leave. The blood could have been an accidental arm swing to the lip or something in a simple struggle, but not meant to harm anyone.

I could see a possiblity of this being treated as a more serious case just to make sure enough resources were assigned to find her quickly. But the problem with that theory, is it seems they would have found out where she went if it was just a runaway situation. Unless she went overseas on a volunteer mission trip or something with an outside group.

i think there may have been less initial focus towards the woods and more towards the road, such as setting up a roadblock or otherwise investigating cars/truck traveling around the b house that morning.

The whole notion of "planted" seems to consider the perp as a local or at least someone very familiar with the area.

Either way.

Local perp: Same direction as Clint described towards the logging road which I believe goes to an Interstate (can someone confirm). Takes Holly out of town/ state, returns and plants the stuff to throw off LE. He knew the way to this logging road.

Non local: He'd park his car close to the home grab Holly and take off. No care or time to plant anything. Items dropped wherever Holly was taken.

random isn't impossible but it's unlikely (imo) because they didn't get caught. if the perp just happened upon her out by her car then how did he manage to get away, hide her/her body, and not get caught after almost a year and a half esp when le was on the scene within 20 - 30 minutes? that makes it seem highly like to me that this was planned.

he could have been watching the house. Jet Duncan did it. Also: hunters in my area park their cars off the road, etc..

It can be planned and still fit any of those scenarios imhoo.

I think (well, I think I think) that, if there were no Clint's eyewitness account, I'd consider it even more likely that the perp was known to Holly, and that perhaps she was set to meet with him, and the meeting went bad.

I think (well, I think I think) that, if there were no Clint's eyewitness account, I'd consider it even more likely that the perp was known to Holly, and that perhaps she was set to meet with him, and the meeting went bad.

but there was an eyewitness account?:waitasec:

he could have been watching the house. Jet Duncan did it. Also: hunters in my area park their cars off the road, etc..

It can be planned and still fit any of those scenarios imhoo.

sorry nurse. i read your post too fast. i thought you meant random = someone just happened by and kidnapped her but you meant random = someone who didn't know her. i agree with you.

o/t

For those who followed the Sierra LaMar case. IIRC, the perp planted her purse. Is that correct? Was it confirmed if he did or not or was it the last place he had taken the victim?

I followed the case for a while but then moved on after a suspect was caught.

TIA

If we take the "pink purse" as an item that is still missing, then wondering where it is. The other items were uncovered relatively quickly. Just wondering what is so special about this item that it was never found. I think rumor of a missing camera too. And questions about where her car keys would be too.

Could it still be with her and maybe will be found when she is found. I hold out a glimmer of hope that she is still alive, and that would be wonderful if she is alive and with her purse. But in any event, maybe the purse is near her and maybe that is why it is not uncovered.

There was a lot of previous discussion about how all the items could have been carried away from the garage area, and it does seem like an awful lot to carry. Almost like the perp(s) helped her carry the items away either before or after.

We have the lunch box, the phone, the pink purse, and some rumored books/notepads possibly, along with possibly camera and maybe car keys. It kind of points to help carrying the items either before or after. IMO, I just cannot see her carrying all those items if there was a struggle and she was being forced to leave. If she was being forced to leave, she probably wouldn't take the time to carry that stuff, and the perp sure wouldn't care to let her take them. So, it just seems strange about all those items.

Now, if they were all in a backpack, it would make much more sense, and that could be one way they stayed with her. And as items were being scattered about, maybe the pink purse and other items are still out there somewhere.

o/t

For those who followed the Sierra LaMar case. IIRC, the perp planted her purse. Is that correct? Was it confirmed if he did or not or was it the last place he had taken the victim?

I followed the case for a while but then moved on after a suspect was caught.

TIA

I dont know about that case, as I only read briefly about it. Its a good question, as it would provide an example.

I doubt this was random for a few reasons.

The house is remote. Not that being remote by itself is the deciding factor, but just one of them. Finding a remote house, being outside, in the back, where several cars are parked, at just the time Holly comes out to go to school, and being able to make a total get away seems a bit too much.

Also, if this were random, why the searches around the outside of Holly's school, where, IIRC, other evidence (undisclosed) was found. That would imply someone was watching Holly.

How many home kidnappings/abductions are random? I can see casing out a neighborhood and breaking into a house at random for a burglary. But not this crime.

Having an eyewitness here has been pretty much useless. About the only thing we know is the suspect was a male, but that could probably be extrapolated from the type of crime.

Having an eyewitness here has been pretty much useless. About the only thing we know is the suspect was a male, but that could probably be extrapolated from the type of crime.

JMO
It has been useless for sure. The way the descriptions changed over time was troubling. Very early on, it was printed as a "white" person too. That was dropped rather quickly, but there are still old articles that can be found with that being used in the description.

The weight changed, and desciption of the abduction events also changed from dragged, led, walked, etc. BF to cousin, etc.
Kneeling, talking, turkeys showing up much later in the events of that morning.

Over time, so many things changed, that people have to just throw it all away as it is not reliable. Its either throw it all away or pick and choose which parts are accurate.

If we are assuming a camo person did take her away, then I would have to pick the very early and very first accounts. I think I read somewhere that the early first accounts of something are usually the most accurate, as memory usually does not get better over time. Not sure if that is true or not, but it seems logical.

I doubt this was random for a few reasons.

The house is remote. Not that being remote by itself is the deciding factor, but just one of them. Finding a remote house, being outside, in the back, where several cars are parked, at just the time Holly comes out to go to school, and being able to make a total get away seems a bit too much.

Also, if this were random, why the searches around the outside of Holly's school, where, IIRC, other evidence (undisclosed) was found. That would imply someone was watching Holly.

How many home kidnappings/abductions are random? I can see casing out a neighborhood and breaking into a house at random for a burglary. But not this crime.

the evidence left near her school also implies someone who was familiar with her routine, or at least felt safe enough around her school to drop an item there. i think that points strongly to someone who came to know her via school (maybe from a distance, maybe stalked her, but the school is definitely an important clue imo).

Number of days since Holly went missing.........537

Number of days since last TBI press release.....531

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members