TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Texas Rangers and national media are now involved in the hunt for a Colorado City teen, who's been missing since December 27th.

Monday, Rangers met with Colorado City Police and the Mitchell County Sheriff for hours.

more here

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26358328/detail.html

OK guys to clear it up this is the timeline according to the mother on Nancy Grace.

Monday:

Noon: Hailey is seen by the neighbor on her mothers cell phone.

3PM: BF comes home, Hailey tells him that she is going over to her dads then staying at a friends house. She leaves and that is the last he sees her.

Mom says she doesn't get worried AT ALL when Hailey doesn't call her Monday night because she assumes that Hailey is at her friends house.

Tuesday:

The next day her she contacts her son and tells her son to call Hailey to tell her to come home. The friend tells Hailey's brother that Hailey never came there last night. Mom rushes home and calls the CCPD then everything goes from there.

Why does she contact her son at work to call Hailey's friend to relay the message?? They have no landline - so apparently mom calls son from her cell phone. Can she call son directly at work or does he have her cell phone? Or maybe she calls son at work from bf's cell phone?

Why doesn't she call the friend's house herself?

My two daughters did hate me because I am a crazy mother. Don't try to fool me because I will find you and I did. Lots of embarrassing moments, lol. I rang phones, I beat on doors, and I drove up and down streets until I found them. This one is 20 and I still do it.

I'm with ya!

Wow... I never thought about that. But, they said she didn't have a phone with her.

Dog Bolts to friends house???[/QUOTE]

missed that, what dog? and to the girlfriends house?
Now who was at girlfriends house that day????

I wonder again, this time out loud, sort of, if Hailey has her Ipod with her and I also wonder if this is something other teens would do....(go to a motel for wifi service)

i know my son goes to whereever he can just to get it....to the point i have had to limit his use of it even at the ripe old age of 20 rofl rofl as he puts it to me

Billie you done right good on the media rounds today - you are a Mama Bear and have a voice to be heard.

G'nite WSers ... hopefully there will be some good news about Hailey tomorrow. Based on recent experiences here on WS make sure any local Walmart videos are checked!

Great job all ...... catch ya on the morrow.

TIMELINE via Hailey's Mom on Nancy Grace just typed up

Monday December 27th.

Noon: Hailey is seen out in the backyard by the neighbor talking on her mothers cell phone.

About 3PM the boyfriend comes home. Hailey tells him that she is going over to her dads house and then staying at friends 5 blocks down the street.

Boyfriend picks mom up on Monday evening from work they go home and go to bed. Hailey didn't call but she didn't get alarmed because she assumed that Hailey was at her friends.

Tuesday December 28th

Around Noon/Lunchtime: Mom calls Hailey's brother from work and tells him to call Hailey and tell her that she needs to come home. Brother calls back a few minutes later says that Hailey never stayed at her friends. The mother calls Hailey's father immediately and it is found out that Hailey never made it to her dads on Monday either. Mother is obviously alarmed she leaves and everything goes from there.

THINGS TO NOTE:

Mom doesn't have a land line so she leaves her CELL PHONE home with the kids everyday.

My two daughters did hate me because I am a crazy mother. Don't try to fool me because I will find you and I did. Lots of embarrassing moments, lol. I rang phones, I beat on doors, and I drove up and down streets until I found them. This one is 20 and I still do it.

ummm i still do that with my 20 and 21 year old hehe and look out if you walk in that door 1 minute past the time you state lol

Why does she contact her son at work to call Hailey's friend to relay the message?? They have no landline - so apparently mom calls son from her cell phone. Can she call son directly at work or does he have her cell phone? Or maybe she calls son at work from bf's cell phone?

No. She calls Hailey's brother from WORK.

Wow... I never thought about that. But, they said she didn't have a phone with her.

Dog Bolts to friends house???

Dog bolts to friends house??? Was this on the scrolly thing because I couldn't see it, darn screen was too big.

Mom leaves cell at home for family to use while she's at work. She calls from work to son at home who has her cell to say to text haileys friend to get hailey home.
I think ....

My son was ONCE late 30 minutes past curfew. I had the police and half the neighborhood searching. I live in a town with an OVER ABUNDANCE of police. SEVEN cars of police showed up. Needless to say, when found ( about 15 minutes after that) my son was stunned, scared and very very sorry!

ok devils adocate warning.

Dads Gf has new baby = Sleep deprived and sounds like Hailey came and went at will as it should be at her dads house. I can see especially during the holidays how this womans days could run together. Stress of a new baby and then add to that stress of a missing teen.

Moms BF ...What 13 yr old girl who has had the run of the house all da wouldnt leave at the first chance when a adult athority figure shows up.

Dad ...havent heard alot about him, assuming he was at work. Sounds like she was a daddys girl though.

Mom... was at work. Its a small town kids have more freedom than city kids

Brother... was gone staying with a friend

friend...I think knows more and might not realise it

My opinion...may not mean didly...Online preditor or SO unknown to to anyone enough to look like a suspect

LE...doing the best they can with what resources they have...GLAD THEY RE GETTING HELP!!

WSers...Priceless

JMHO

I wish I knew someone who was fluent in Itouch. I know when I was researching ereaders I learned the closest wifi in my small town for Nook was the local McDonalds or drive 40 miles for better wifi service. Kindle I can download from home.

I know absolutely nothing about an IPOD...did not even know you could use it to post on FB until yesterday. I hope someone here can educate us.

This is making me want to go outside and beat my trashcan with a baseball bat out of frustration.
I am finally understanding what people like us who know what's really happening out there have to do. Parents are not paying attention to these cases we read about. This is a 13 year old, a baby. Parents need to be gathered in the schools auditoriums and shown the horrifying photos we see of dead children, told the stories of the horrors. Parents have to be shocked into reality or kids are just going to keep losing their lives to predators.
This is so frustrating.

Are we just now finding out about a dog?

This is making me want to go outside and beat my trashcan with a baseball bat out of frustration.
I am finally understanding what people like us who know what's really happening out there have to do. Parents are not paying attention to these cases we read about. This is a 13 year old, a baby. Parents need to be gathered in the schools auditoriums and shown the horrifying photos we see of dead children, told the stories of the horrors. Parents have to be shocked into reality or kids are just going to keep losing their lives to predators.
This is so frustrating.

True, and we need to start keeping RSO in prison where they belong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes