Hugh Wiggins

I find it interesting that Pam was trying to find someone other than Hugh to be the guardian of her daughter if she went to jail.

If I were heading to jail, I'd want my husband to be guardian of my children, not friends I'd only known for a year.

Either she doesn't trust Hugh with her daughter, or she expects Hugh will be going to jail too perhaps.

I find it interesting that Pam was trying to find someone other than Hugh to be the guardian of her daughter if she went to jail.

If I were heading to jail, I'd want my husband to be guardian of my children, not friends I'd only known for a year.

Either she doesn't trust Hugh with her daughter, or she expects Hugh will be going to jail too perhaps.

BBM

Probably both with an emphasis on the latter.

This link was posted Solomisskitty in Media Links.

SunHerald-Weapons cache found on Coast

Before accepting the weapons, Denson told investigators he asked Wiggins “...are they clean and have they been involved in any crimes or are they stolen or what?”

Hugh Wiggins, reports show, replied, saying “no, they’re, they’re my personal weapons I just need you to hold them for a while.” Denson agreed, telling ATF agents that he’d known Wiggins for a while and considered him a trusted friend.

Denson told investigators that Wiggins gave him some of the weapons the night he arrived. He said the couple decided to stay overnight, reports showed, and they parked their mini-van at the Chevron station for the night. Denson told investigators he drove the couple to the Deluxe Inn & Suites on Mississippi 63 near Interstate 10 the night they arrived, and Hugh Wiggins reportedly gave Denson $80 in cash for him to go inside and rent the room for them.

Denson told agents Hugh Wiggins gave him the remainder of the weapons the following morning after he picked them up at the motel and drove them back to the convenience store. He said the exchange took place in the store’s parking lot.

Wonder why Hugh didn't just dump the weapons offshore? Said that's where he was headed. Maybe he worked out of a tight security dock.

All these guns and Denson didn't find it odd they had him go in and pay for the room. Yeah Right.

These people are on something. They left the guns in a parked car at the convenience store overnight?

After reading those docs, I cannot believe that HW got immunity and has not been arrested. He was in this - up to his EARS - how in the world is he (and Tice) gonna walk away from this without impunity? I don't get it.

After reading those docs, I cannot believe that HW got immunity and has not been arrested. He was in this - up to his EARS - how in the world is he (and Tice) gonna walk away from this without impunity? I don't get it.

I don't think they're going to walk away. They can still be prosecuted from evidence generated from their information.

This link was posted Solomisskitty in Media Links.

SunHerald-Weapons cache found on Coast

Denson told investigators that Wiggins gave him some of the weapons the night he arrived. He said the couple decided to stay overnight, reports showed, and they parked their mini-van at the Chevron station for the night. Denson told investigators he drove the couple to the Deluxe Inn & Suites on Mississippi 63 near Interstate 10 the night they arrived, and Hugh Wiggins reportedly gave Denson $80 in cash for him to go inside and rent the room for them.

Denson told agents Hugh Wiggins gave him the remainder of the weapons the following morning after he picked them up at the motel and drove them back to the convenience store. He said the exchange took place in the store’s parking lot.

All these guns and Denson didn't find it odd they had him go in and pay for the room. Yeah Right.

These people are on something. They left the guns in a parked car at the convenience store overnight?

I am so sorry but this is the strangest thing I have ever heard. He knew enough to ask if they were stolen or used in a crime ...he knew it was strange. But then when they won't even use their car to drive to a motel. They won't even book the room themselves. They give him more guns stored in the car the next day..yeah...like he didn't know they were running from something.

The painter lady knew something was up just with the weird people in Wiggins' own house. This guy is either dirty himself or would need a 2x4 upside the head to see the obvious.
The more I read about these people, the more I get sick thinking about it. Premeditation and then continued obfuscations and dragging every Tom, Dick and Harry in, for what??? Did they really think they would get away with this forever? (I don't know, maybe people do???)

I will be happy when I know Hugh is in jail. He seems more culpable than his pathetic, pseudo, drugged up wife.

I'm a little confused as to why the police have mostly focused on Pam, when it seems that Hugh might be a bigger player.

I remember an interview of a cleaning person where Pam was left upstairs alone and Hugh went downstairs for what seemed to be a shady meeting.

That didnt' seem to portray Pam as the ring leader to me.

I'm a little confused as to why the police have mostly focused on Pam, when it seems that Hugh might be a bigger player.

The only explanation I can come up with is that he was cooperating somewhat by giving information. The only statement I have read from her, she seemed to still be lying. But it is confusing.

I agree that based on the statements of many others, HW seems to be a participant or at least present during many of the dialogs between principal parties in this case. I think he may be the key to understanding Pat Poff's motivation, or at least his feeling of 'authorization' such as it was from some shadowy 'bosses' to go forward with this thing. Clearly, it is bigger than a robbery,

In Patrick's mind*

but the question is what other 'incentives' or prodding was part of the environment that launched this disgusting travesty.

*(sorry if anyone thinks that emphasis is unwarranted or excessive, but I don't. I wish Pat was a more easily read guy -- perhaps as either cold blooded assassin, or unwitting dupe, or hotheaded reactionary... but the reality is that he is a bizarre mix of influences and apparent beliefs/statements/actions that are not congruent, or even internally consistent -- he is all over the map, and about the only thing that is clear is that he cannot be believed, on anything, and that he is likely to say or do anything. So that could mean (most likely explanation) that he took some disgruntled auto-industry chatter, some general idea that the Billings were loaded, and became an independent operator, determined to grab the loot, while clearing his own books and the books for Tice and others indebted to BB. BUT, that character of him, makes him the perfect patsy/fall-guy, even if he never knows the truth himself, and who it was that influenced him, or even pulled the strings. They say con guys are the easiest to con, and maybe Pat conned himself into doing this, even thinking it was largely his idea and operation, and is now 'lying' to the cops that he is a fall guy, not even realizing the irony that he was IN ACTUAL FACT a fall guy... sheesh, I feel like I am describing Robert Downy Jrs. lineage in "Tropic Thunder"!)

Well, Lossmitpro, add drugs into the mix of your excellent analysis and that may account for the strangeness. Somewhere I read that there was testimony that LPG JR may have been addicted to prescription drugs (like Pam). Drugs may account for their irrational, erratic, pathetic and desperate behavior.

I am with you there! Sounds like HW threw PLW under the bus. After all, according to Denson, he was going to leave her. Now he is out walking around free and she is in jail. After reading the docs and especially LS interview, it sounds like HW and JW were pulling Jr's string. I do not think Jr was smart enough to know it.

I remember an interview of a cleaning person where Pam was left upstairs alone and Hugh went downstairs for what seemed to be a shady meeting.

That didnt' seem to portray Pam as the ring leader to me.

If the ringleader is among the current cast of characters, I vote for Hugh.

But I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again:

We know some of the suspects are talking, laying the murders on LPG Jr- if someone else was involved (camera man, ring leader), why wouldn't they give that person up too?

The only thing I can think of is only LPG Jr may be the only one (of the 6 guys involved in the break in) that actually knows, and I don't think he is talking.

Another comment by WouldRatherNotSay (you can tell I find his comments somewhat informed) mentions a 2 way radio found that was dumped by Hugh Wiggins:
http://ricksblog.biz/?p=7247#comment-258114 Comments 8&9 12:53am/3:56 am

Say, what about that now-recovered Midland Model ALR260 radio that Hugh Wiggins threw away along the highway in Mississippi close to the church? And why drive all the way to Mississippi and suddenly decide to throw away a two-way radio when there are plenty of wooded areas in Santa Rosa County where you can dump trash? Probably best do any kind of illegal dumping after 10 P.M. though to minimize the chances of anyone seeing you and reporting you.

Might prove worthwhile for investigators to go back to the woods and give another look see for indications of recent fires and to test any ashes found for Midland ALR260 component residue.

Has anyone found any verfication of this radio thing in the documents or media? It is the first I heard about the radio, but I was already suspicious of Tice being in the back woods at 10 pm the night of the murder dumping "garbage". :confused:

Another comment by WouldRatherNotSay (you can tell I find his comments somewhat informed) mentions a 2 way radio found that was dumped by Hugh Wiggins:
http://ricksblog.biz/?p=7247#comment-258114 Comments 8&9 12:53am/3:56 am

Has anyone found any verfication of this radio thing in the documents or media? It is the first I heard about the radio, but I was already suspicious of Tice being in the back woods at 10 pm the night of the murder dumping "garbage". :confused:

Yep, it's in here, pg. 29 of the .pdf.

http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/PublicRecord1.pdf

In Tice's statement he said he was going to pee (sorry, don't have the page number)

After Mr. Denson told the investigators about the radio being thrown from the car, the investigators went to the area it was thrown and found it. It is part of the evidence now. If it were not for the deaths of Melanie and Byrd, a sitcom could be made about these criminals.

After Mr. Denson told the investigators about the radio being thrown from the car, the investigators went to the area it was thrown and found it. It is part of the evidence now. If it were not for the deaths of Melanie and Byrd, a sitcom could be made about these criminals.

And, it'd probably be a long-running show!!:)

WTH didn't he throw it in one of the waters around P'Cola? We are surrounded by water here -- we've got bays, bayous and the Gulf. GB is a peninsula, for gosh sakes!!:confused:

Yep, it's in here, pg. 29 of the .pdf.

http://media2.fox10tv.com/billings/PublicRecord1.pdf

In Tice's statement he said he was going to pee (sorry, don't have the page number)

I haven't read the statement from Tice saying he wa sgoing to pee, lol, but the officer's report said Tice told Santa Rosa LE that he was dumping garbage (I think the link is on the Tice thread?)

Anyway, thanks for this link! What in the world!!! Denson knew that the Wigginses were running from something and they were making references to the crime here and saying they were wanted ... and he DID ALL THIS anyway (holding the guns)???!!! Maybe he needs his own thread, but what kind of thinking would allow you to proceed helping someone with this information??? :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back