TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wdef.com/news/search_continues_for_missing_signal_mountain_mom/05/2011

Then Sunday everyone will search the mountain in five to ten mile paths. Searcher Diane Nichols explained, "They've done fliers for us, but to actually go searching for her. This is the first big push. And there have been maps made up and I guess some people are going to be walking and some people are going to be taking vehicles."

bolded by me.

KathyJ, this has to be the case. I even wondered if perhaps Gail is in a safe house and the police do know about it but can't divulge her whereabouts for her own safety. If that's what is going on, MP must have made some really frightening threats toward her, because I can't imagine her leaving her kids in the lurch otherwise.

Even in saying that, though, I'm thinking of how people in Signal Mtn don't seem to have much confidence in their police force, so are they ( LE), really doing a lot behind the scenes as we'd like to think?

But then, why would police leave the kids with MP if he is so dangerous?

But then, why would police leave the kids with MP if he is so dangerous?

I don't know: why did they let OJ have custody of his kids?
I don't know why I said that! But it seemed sort of along the same lines. And OJ was obviously guilty of two horrendous murders.

Okay- just want to clarify- so the service at the top (where Gail's residence was, for example) and at the bottom (where the shopping center is) are also spotty with both Verizon and Sprint?

Personally, I have no trouble with Verizon anywhere anymore. Until several years ago, there was one spot on the main road up the mountain where I would almost always lose calls. I'm assuming that issue was resolved, however, because I've not had that problem in a year or two.

My friends who use other carriers, however, seem to continue to have problems in various locations on the mountain.

I don't think I've read anywhere on the threads which carrier Gail has.

now, I don't believe this at all, but wouldn't it just be nutty if Gail disappeared on her own and wanted people to think Matt did something to her? It would explain why she scattered belongings and information to so many people.

I can see that happening. But as a mother, I would not be able to do it because of the kids. That is unless I were mentally unstable. Then I would do anything to destroy his current life. MOO

I just can't think of a main road going up or down the mtn where that could have happened unless it is Roberts Mill Road or somewhere on Hwy 27 going north toward Dunlap..Another thing, I would think IF I thought for a second someone was following me, I would never turn off on any deserted roads. One question.. I think we learned from someone that MP and GP did not usually park in their garage.. Does anyone know IF she parked in the garage when she returned from Alabama on the 30th? I'm thinking someone may have been in that jeep with her when she left home on the 30th...JMHO

BBM. one thing to point out. i take Robert's mill occassionally and really like it (then again, as a transplant, i've also never had to drive it w/o guardrails like those who grew up here) i've mentioned it to people before and heard "but it's so remote out there!" and to be honest it takes me by surprise each time b/c to me it's just "beautiful" and "green" not "remote." tho it of course is all of the above. so anyway all that to say that she may not have thought to avoid a "remote" location despite her concerns simply b/c she didn't think of them as such and really, other than going down the front, there aren't any options that don't have "remote" sections. the W road is next in line but i've been down it plenty of times and not seen another vehicle. and after the storms, there may have been even less traffic on it. just my :twocents: .

thank you all for all the efforts you've put in to this, both those that know her and are vested and those who do not and are just wonderful people. i truly hope, from a purely selfish pov that SMPD is holding things close to the vest rather than being barney fife-ish as they've been accused b/c i still have to live here if and when this gets resolved and i want to be able to trust them with the safety of my family.

good luck to those searching tomorrow, you will be in my prayers along w/ gail and her family.

Why did they let OJ have custody of his kids?
I don't know why I said that! But it seemed sort of along the same lines. And OJ was obviously guilty of two horrendous murders.

That is a good point. He definitely was guilty. He just had great lawyers.

just wanted to add.

i too have verizon and i also have no landline. i have no problems anywhere on the mountain other than coming up robert's mill (and it doesn't cut out there until i'm "up" and headed toward corral). i used to have a few spots (hidden brook was one) but not anymore. and i've been told that AT&T put up a new tower that improved the service of those on the middle creek end of hidden brook which would probably also affect St Ive's since that is the other side of St Ive's that ISN'T the Timesville side.

however since reading about the nav stuff and speculating about her jeep having it and the possible spotty service i have noticed that our xm radio is spotty in places, i'm assuming due to the foliage? i didn't have it in the winter to compare when there were no leaves, so i don't know for sure.

i'm just rambling now, sorry. i just can't wrap my head around what could have happened. :banghead:

That is a good point. He definitely was guilty. He just had great lawyers.

Thank you, Janeumayer. He had great lawyers--- and a scared jury.
Then there was Perry March...as guilty as OJ but not quite as obvious--he had custody of his kids for a long time.
Anyway, glad you got what I was saying!

just wanted to add.

i too have verizon and i also have no landline. i have no problems anywhere on the mountain other than coming up robert's mill (and it doesn't cut out there until i'm "up" and headed toward corral). i used to have a few spots (hidden brook was one) but not anymore. and i've been told that AT&T put up a new tower that improved the service of those on the middle creek end of hidden brook which would probably also affect St Ive's since that is the other side of St Ive's that ISN'T the Timesville side.

however since reading about the nav stuff and speculating about her jeep having it and the possible spotty service i have noticed that our xm radio is spotty in places, i'm assuming due to the foliage? i didn't have it in the winter to compare when there were no leaves, so i don't know for sure.

i'm just rambling now, sorry. i just can't wrap my head around what could have happened. :banghead:

No problem..Now I am going to ramble.. I've lived in Chattanooga for over 40 years and have relatives that live on Signal..We even attend Mass up there sometimes.. I know quite a few people who live up there. My children, who are now grown, dated guys who lived on Signal. My youngest even married someone who lived on Signal Mtn... We've been up there for Soccer games, tennis matches and swim meets but I never heard of St. Ives or Timesville until I started following this case...JMHO

I'm sure they are getting the phone records, but probably not as quickly as they do on TV.

Lots of people here in Tennessee don't have land lines, no matter how sketchy their service is.

I'm the opposite - I like having a land line and we've had the same phone number for 20 years, so I keep mine even though it's too expensive.

With all due respect, you cannot compare TN with the mountain where many have landlines, (even the Palmgrens) it's what one has to do to have stable phone service. Many have telephone service as a bundle through fiber optics and comcast, it's cheaper with the landline included actually. JMHO

That would be a great facebook message to post on the wall of each media page. That would probably get word out the fastest, especially since it is a weekend and fewer local broadcasts are on the TV schedule.

I can never understand LE not asking this in every missing person's case. I remember LE doing this when the little girl in Co, who they did later find :(, disappeared. Granted it might not be what the family wants to hear at the moment, but if she or the jeep is found, it brings them closer to the truth and closer to a perp.....if that's the case.

I noticed in some of the pics of Gail that she like to wear hats. Does anyone know if was that day? A type of sun hat or baseball cap?

What about his cell records, their home phone records? Although, I assume this is one of the first things done to attempt to track down a person. If his cell phone was used, chances are pretty good he was not home. With bad cell service, you normally use the home phone (which is listed) by default.

Also, why was he meeting her back at the house at noonish? He was told he could stay at the house and she left, so there would be no reason for him to leave, and to go to his mother's? Seriously?...unless (insert many things). :banghead:

Or his work phone...or puter...:waitasec:

Or his work phone...or puter...:waitasec:

B/C B/S doesn't like publicity and why he is on leave with pay. I bet they leave that alone, or the last thing they check. He is an executive there after working for Humana.

There's one big difference in the cases. Theresa Parker and her husband were both in Law Enforcement. She was a 911 dispatcher who was well-known. Her husband was still a cop, and while they had a history of domestic problems, the disappearance happened in a small-town setting where people believed what they wanted to believe. They felt her husband was above reproach and all their friends took up for him. I'm sure State Investigators came in because they believed she was a victim of a car-jacking or something. Walker County is just south of another mountain community in TN, Lookout Mountain (Rock City, Civil War Battlefield) and just south of Chattanooga.

But the main fact that Theresa was a 911-dispatcher and that it happened in Georgia drew attention - Nancy Grace also lives in GA. ;)

I noticed Hoss's partner's alma mater is the same as NG's too.

I don't see how he could have since he didn't seem to be physically in the same location as her at the time she disappeared.

Well, it's possible that whatever happened to Gail happened hours after she left the house, not minutes.

Basically, there is a huge chunk of time that we don't know anything about, starting from the time Gail left the house to the time people got worried about her.

My main questions: At what time on the 30th did people start to wonder when Gail was missing? When did Diane get worried, when did Susie get worried?

We know Matt's story, that Gail left the house, Matt arrived and found the kids there alone. Then what did Matt do? Did he stay home with the kids? Did he take the kids to his mom's and go somewhere else? Did he call her? Did he meet Gail at another location later on the 30th?

When she arrived home from the lake house, do we know for sure if Matt was there? I'm wondering if she arrived home (Signal Mtn), discovered he was somewhere else, took off in the Jeep to meet him in this other location. That's the only way I can figure that Matt would have had a chance to do something to her. The 12:15 phone conversation with her sister may hold the key to this.

I apologize if I am going around in circles with this. I really feel that way. There are too many pieces of the puzzle missing and I hope that LE is holding these pieces.

The last phone call has been established as around 6AM from the lake house to her sister. Unless the last MSM report is incorrect.

4/29 Approx: 1:30 PM -----text to Arlene in AL that she was on her way down....after an agreement was arranged with LE during the DV call.

4/30 " 6:00 AM -----call from Gail to her sister....from the lake house and before her leaving there to return to Signal Mtn.

The last phone call has been established as around 6AM from the lake house to her sister. Unless the last MSM report is incorrect.

4/29 Approx: 1:30 PM -----text to Arlene in AL that she was on her way down....after an agreement was arranged with LE during the DV call.

4/30 " 6:00 AM -----call from Gail to her sister....from the lake house and before her leaving there to return to Signal Mtn.
I think the msm is wrong.

The problem with a lot of theories is that Matt showed up 10 minutes after Gail left, according to the neighbor.

Another problem with facts is that Matt showed up 10 minutes later, but his alibi is his mother, who lives 25 minutes away. Whats up with that? Maybe the neighbor was incorrect with her 10 minute estimation...

I think this is a where possible rumor gets mixed with known facts. Has either of the above been in the MSM? I remember seeing in the comment section of an article that she had only left the children for 10 minutes before he arrived, but, I can't recall where the alibi of him being at his mother's was from. I do know know someone surmized it would be a 25 min. trip from her house to GP's.

I think this is a where possible rumor gets mixed with known facts. Has either of the above been in the MSM? I remember seeing in the comment section of an article that she had only left the children for 10 minutes before he arrived, but, I can't recall where the alibi of him being at his mother's was from. I do know know someone surmized it would be a 25 min. trip from her house to GP's.

It was in an article. I'll try and find it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni