GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #25

Please stay on topic.

I know it's difficult to keep the Holloway and Flores cases separated as it is the same suspect, but could we use this thread for the Flores case and if you want to discuss the Holloway case, please go to the appropriate discussion thread.

TIA
fran

Sorry. Will leave. Too many threads. Too many discussions split up into an infinite array of mass vs energy. Actually E=MC(2). Guess we toss that out too!

Please stay on topic.

I know it's difficult to keep the Holloway and Flores cases separated as it is the same suspect, but could we use this thread for the Flores case and if you want to discuss the Holloway case, please go to the appropriate discussion thread.

TIA
fran

PS...I believe it's ok to discuss the Holloway case on the linked thread here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7487715&highlight=natalee+holloway#post7487715

I'm sorry, fran. It's very difficult for me to separate the two cases. One is dependent on the other. It would be like trying to discuss each victim of a serial killer in a separate and different thread. IMO

But I'll try to stay on topic. :)

I have to agree with Suzihawk - it's actually kind of hard to keep these two "killings" separate, as it is the same "killer" in both cases! :furious:
Maybe we can keep the discussion of Natalie's case at a minimum... :fence:

And re the Thai investigation... if anything happens with that, with a conviction, of course. You have the 62 + maybe another 20 to 30 years as a sentence... :great:

and I, too would like to

:welcome4:

Cole Thompson to WS!!! :seeya:

I'm going to go to my library website and see if they have your book!!

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-15-be...e-devolucion-de-su-dinero-noticia_441028.html

partial translation

Van der Sloot benefactor refund requests

Hammer said that having been sentenced to prison, Van der Sloot will not pay a deposit, which is a legal guarantee for free but processed in Peru is not covered.

Jose Luis Jimenez's lawyer says Hammer donated the money and gave the Dutch freedom to use as it sees fit.

In a letter to Hammer, released by Panamericana TV, Joran Van der Sloot highlights the performance of his attorney, and regrets that she asks for the return of that money.

I'm really confused about this whole MH deal. Did she give them $75,000 on top of the money she spent on "gifts" and legal fees? Did they somehow dupe her into thinking that money would be used as bail when the case did not make it to court in a timely manner and that she would be refunded that money when Joran eventually showed up for his trial and his "bail" was returned? Just stringing her along and taking the money because they knew she would be seen as loco and would never be able to get the money back? Did they put this money aside to pay his court fine knowing full well he was going to plead guilty and that this would be the amount owing?

:waitasec:

Yeppers. As someone else mentioned upthread (or other thread - I believe it was Cole Thompson) it's quite a coincidence how close the amount is to what he was charged to pay in restitution to the Flores family.

Heyya suzihawk.

Yes, it's quite an interesting coincidence that JVS milked MH for an amount equal to the restitution required.

:waitasec: Although, in hindsight there have been few random acts by JVS,
usually purposeful.

I was wondering, if part of the restitution to the Flores family would be
paid by JVS through a pay for work program, part of the prison system?

Oh... and emails also show a rental contract for JVS to lease an apartment in the district of Magdalena for $1500 (US) a month. The only thing I can figure is I remember some motion or other about them not being able to hold him for longer than 18 months before trial. $1500! Really?

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvo-peru.com%2F2012%2F01%2F13%2Findignante-joran-van-der-sloot-tiene-privilegios-en-la-carcel%2F

So AVS does still keep in touch?
AVS sends JVS photos of herself & boys.

from link:
(9:17) tm: Nice photos, ha?
kisses
Anita

As regards the extradition for the extortion charges - wonder if this would be delayed until he's exhausted the appeals process.. the way it is in the Casey Anthony pending Civil case.

Also, I have a question about the fresh (2005-2006), cement around the pool at JVDS's parent's house. In the book it is stated that Joran's father would not let that area be excavated - has it been since?

The following video (in Spanish) shows a letter/email from Mary in which she clearly authoritizes Joran and his attorney to "use the money in any way you want". I think she's suffering from buyer's remorse - as well as many other issues.

@2:27 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gGti1JjBKb4

ETA: video won't embed - sorry.

From what I'm seeing on that tape, Jimenez sent an email on Dec 11, 2011 to acknowledge receipt of $74,910 from MH. Isn't that the exact amount of the restitution? And her letter seems to indicate that it's bail money and asks about what 3 days she should put aside to attend the trial.

I would imagine that on Dec 11, they already knew that there was not going to be a trial and that he would be pleading guilty. So is that a lump sum that she sent them at that time, above and beyond whatever she's been sending for the past year or so?

And after he was supposedly in "trouble" at the prison (cell phone, other prisoners upset etc) and he obviously wasn't getting bail...not that he ever was...she authorized them to use the money for whatever they needed for his security in Castro Castro? At no time does she acknowledge that she knows he will plead guilty and that there may be restitution to be paid.

ETA: She also sent an email that stated she sent $75,000 on Wednesday November 30, 2011 for "parole" and for Jiminez to check his account on the Thursday. This was not an accumlative amount of money sent over a long period of time, which we know she also claims to have sent for his lawyer fees but a one time lump sum that she seems to think was something they needed to free him?

Again :waitasec:

Okay so the way I see it is that Joran lied to MH about what he needed the $74,910 for. He and his lawyer had already figured out what would happen if he pled guilty with a "sincere confession" and that he would have this amount to pay in restitution. And they already knew at that time that he was going to do that. MH had no idea that he was going to plead guilty and that this was not going to trial. She seems to think he was going to get out on bail during the course of the trial and her money was going to go towards that and that she'd be refunded. And he was going to live in an apt somewhere?

So when he pled guilty and it became apparent that it was all a lie she demanded her money back. And Jiminez probably did want to send it back when he realized Joran had lied to her and wanted him to come up with the 75grand some other way, like maybe from his mother, and Joran said no way. Because he'd already lied to her again that he wasn't getting out because of her and her crazy interviews and she authorized him to use the money for whatever he needed including his security in the prison during the trial.

I wish I could understand what the woman is saying in Spanish on the tape. :banghead:

MOO

"Mary, I want you to know that my satisfaction with Mr. Jimenez and his work. We will appeal against the ruling and it will be less. Plus, remember that in Peru only 1/3 of your sentence having to sit. You will always have a place in my heart, but what you doing to me now I do not understand. In all that time that I know, I never expected of you. I asked Mr. Jimenez, the money you sent me is not to your return. He wanted to send it right back when you were asked. I want to share with you a statement: "Do not wait for the Last Judgement, it happens every day." You will always have a place in my heart, but what you did is not something I can handle. I love you, but I have so much pain that you can not imagine. Give me the time, until it is over. I am being punished because I had a phone, because you emails sent me to the press. I still can not believe it, but you got me worried more problems than you can imagine, and my fellow prisoners feel the situation. I am exhausted and am now trying to sleep. I hope everything is well with you and I wish you nothing but the best. Lovingly, Joran"

ugh. i sure hope she smartens up and doesn't fall for his lies and manipulations anymore.

Also, I have a question about the fresh (2005-2006), cement around the pool at JVDS's parent's house. In the book it is stated that Joran's father would not let that area be excavated - has it been since?

hi v,

i attempted a google search and couldn't find anything about the cement. several applicable articles about searches on the vds property from '05 -'07 (that were linked on sites re: NH's disappearance) are no longer available either.

"Mary, I want you to know that my satisfaction with Mr. Jimenez and his work. We will appeal against the ruling and it will be less. Plus, remember that in Peru only 1/3 of your sentence having to sit. You will always have a place in my heart, but what you doing to me now I do not understand. In all that time that I know, I never expected of you. I asked Mr. Jimenez, the money you sent me is not to your return. He wanted to send it right back when you were asked. I want to share with you a statement: "Do not wait for the Last Judgement, it happens every day." You will always have a place in my heart, but what you did is not something I can handle. I love you, but I have so much pain that you can not imagine. Give me the time, until it is over. I am being punished because I had a phone, because you emails sent me to the press. I still can not believe it, but you got me worried more problems than you can imagine, and my fellow prisoners feel the situation. I am exhausted and am now trying to sleep. I hope everything is well with you and I wish you nothing but the best. Lovingly, Joran"

ugh. i sure hope she smartens up and doesn't fall for his lies and manipulations anymore.

And even in this letter you will notice that he's not taking responsibility for the fact that he had this cell phone (and whatever else he had) when he wasn't supposed to but rather blaming her for outing him with it. And trying to make her feed sorry for him because of the hurtful things she did to him. So because of that he's keeping her money?

And he's telling her that Jiminez did a good job and that it was the best decision because he will appeal and failing that with the "good behaviour" time in Peru prisons, he'll be out in no time. And of course telling her that he loves her a few more times, while stealing her money to pay his restitution, should manipulate her enough to keep her in line right? She's probably already planning what they'll do together when he gets out in a few short years.

I know she's crazy and she probably deserves it but it appears that he's still up to his old tricks.

MOO

hi v,

i attempted a google search and couldn't find anything about the cement. several applicable articles about searches on the vds property from '05 -'07 (that were linked on sites re: NH's disappearance) are no longer available either.

It's in the Monster book, but I have the audio version, so it would be difficult to find....if anyone has the book?

It's in the Monster book, but I have the audio version, so it would be difficult to find....if anyone has the book?

no-- i know about it (and i too find it hinky - that papa P wouldn't allow a search)... i mean a more recent search attempt that you asked about:crazy:

Typical narcissistic personality - it's always about what's been done to them. Natalee's disappearance harmed him - Stephany harmed him - Peru harmed him - Beth harmed him. Always the victim.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001930/

"Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves."
<snip>
"Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

Have excessive feelings of self-importance

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

Need constant attention and admiration

Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

Have obsessive self-interest

Pursue mainly selfish goals"

All the rest fits as well....

no-- i know about it (and i too find it hinky - that papa P wouldn't allow a search)... i mean a more recent search attempt that you asked about:crazy:

Oh, ok. Maybe Cole will come on and answer. Seems a significant oversight if it has still not been searched.

28 years, hmmm. Well, it is hard not to predict for him it will be a life sentence, KWIM? I would think quite a few prisoners could raise their credentials in some fashion regarding him.

Please stay on topic.

TIA
fran

PS...I believe it's ok to discuss the Holloway case on the linked thread here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7487715&highlight=natalee+holloway#post7487715

Fran, I'm sorry, I probably stated more then anybody about the Holloway case, I was just trying to figure out everything about Joran, it will not happen again. Didn't mean to disrespect the Flores' family, or anybody at WS, I will go comment on the Holloway case as well! Again, sorry

Okay I'm so confused right now!! Somebody please help!

MH sent Joran money, clothes, among other things. Did she sign any contract saying if Joran was found guilty she wanted her money back? I know I saw a video where she was making a cd for him and she said she's his guardian angel. I just don't understand this, she wanted to help him when he was being held in prision but now that he's guilty and will serve time she wants her money back? Is she not his guardian angel anymore??

You know what makes me furious mad? Is when somebody kills somebody out of pure evil and anger and then people who support them want to say that they have mental problems. What he did to Stephany was just pure EVIL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back