State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it was one of BC's custody attorneys. And yes it was a nice thing to do as they were in a foreign city with no other support system and staying in a hotel for weeks would be expensive and depressing after awhile. At the end of the day these are all human beings and everyone needs some kindness.

Thanks for correcting me on that. It was a class thing to them to do for sure.

I'm gonna say this one more time. The wifi here sucks. I cant reply to anyone. To answer Wolfpack, the judge lives in Sparta,which should tell her who it was. He said he had followed this case but didn't give me an opinion. He discussed the last DP case he presided over and how difficult it was.

I'm gonna say this one more time. The wifi here sucks. I cant reply to anyone. To answer Wolfpack, the judge lives in Sparta,which should tell her who it was. He said he had followed this case but didn't give me an opinion. He discussed the last DP case he presided over and how difficult it was.

It is not the wifi as myself and others are having quite an issue with replying.

I just finished watching pt 2 of the PT closing (that I missed because I had to go to work).
Very well done, compelling-and a good job at the end illustrating what points to JY. I'll still be a wreck awaiting the verdict, but both prosecutors closed very well.

I just finished watching pt 2 of the PT closing (that I missed because I had to go to work).
Very well done, compelling-and a good job at the end illustrating what points to JY. I'll still be a wreck awaiting the verdict, but both prosecutors closed very well.

I agree. And just enough pauses for effect. I thought they did
great!

I missed some testimony here and there today ... did the prosecution address the gas problem in their closing arguments?

I missed some testimony here and there today ... did the prosecution address the gas problem in their closing arguments?
Is it Howard? Anyway if I recall, he said he didn't even want to
go there or something to that affect.
Probably wanted to make it less important because the DT spent
some time on the gas testimony.

Regarding overkill, I've mentioned my theory a few times that I think the intruder could have been planning to rape MY - and I fully admit there is nothing to back this up evidence-wise.

However, after the closing arguments today and seeing the pictures of MY's closet disheveled and rummaged through, the unidentified prints on the printer papers, etc, I can't help but wonder what the person was looking for, if anything.

Does anyone who is on the fence about JY have any thoughts about that?

Ultimately I think the reason for overkill is that the killer planned to overtake MY quickly and did not expect her to put up a fight. I would think that whether it was JY or someone else.

Also - I don't necessarily think JY is innocent. Nothing about the case makes sense to me whether JY did it or not, but his guilt has not been proven for me beyond a reasonable doubt.

Fromageball, you basically summed up my stance on the case in your last paragraph! If I was a member of that jury I would probably not be able to vote GUILTY.

I am puzzled by who else would've done it, though!

Is it Howard? Anyway if I recall, he said he didn't even want to
go there or something to that affect.
Probably wanted to make it less important because the DT spent
some time on the gas testimony.

Why didn't he want to go there? That was a hanging pont from the last trial. I thought for sure it would be properly addressed this time.

"The absence of leaving evidence is not evidence of absence," Cummings said.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/03/01/1896657/closing-arguments-begin-in-jason.html#storylink=cpy

Great words from HC especially since there are missing shoes, shirt, and jeans. JMO

I heard that ... it struck me as a cliche from a CSI program.

Seriously ... the absence of evidence, meaning there is no evidence that someone was in a particular room, does not mean that someone was abset. That a is true. The fact that you can't prove I was in the room doesn't mean I wasn't there. However, if there's nothing to connect that person to the room at the critical time, then it should not be assumed or concluded that the person was there and responsible for something that happened in the room. It's not a statement that should be taken to heart when it comes to determining guilt, in my opinion.

Fromageball, you basically summed up my stance on the case in your last paragraph! If I was a member of that jury I would probably not be able to vote GUILTY.

I am puzzled by who else would've done it, though!

I listened to the early part of the afternoon closing arguments, but there were a lot of interruptions after that so maybe I got the wrong impression. I thought the prosecution did an excellent job of painting a picture of what could have happened if you look at the evidence as a series of coincidences that all facilitated Jason committing murder.

As for who else it could be? One of the first places police looked was at the trailer park on the other side of the trees behind the Young's house. That coincided with the testimony from the friend that was visiting Michelle the night she was murdered ... that she was spooked by something possibly in the back yard.

I listened to the early part of the afternoon closing arguments, but there were a lot of interruptions after that so maybe I got the wrong impression. I thought the prosecution did an excellent job of painting a picture of what could have happened if you look at the evidence as a series of coincidences that all facilitated Jason committing murder.

As for who else it could be? One of the first places police looked was at the trailer park on the other side of the trees behind the Young's house. That coincided with the testimony from the friend that was visiting Michelle the night she was murdered ... that she was spooked by something possibly in the back yard.

I must say, her friend testifying to that, made me stop to think!

I must say, her friend testifying to that, made me stop to think!

She was completely spooked and Michelle walked her out to her car. The trailer park was looked at, as was a neighbour - the Dysleski connection of teenage boy gone mad. Neither panned out so the focus returned to the husband. That is, no suspects were identified.

The daycare testimony is interesting because if the child was able to identify the mother figure, and the eldely mother figure represented the father figure, then why didn't she also name him. She was close to her father, there's no doubt about it. Why did she only identify the mother?

She was completely spooked and Michelle walked her out to her car. The trailer park was looked at, as was a neighbour - the Dysleski connection of teenage boy gone mad. Neither panned out so the focus returned to the husband. That is, no suspects were identified.

The daycare testimony is interesting because if the child was able to identify the mother figure, and the eldely mother figure represented the father figure, then why didn't she also name him. She was close to her father, there's no doubt about it. Why did she only identify the mother?

Yep, that was my reaction to that scenario, too.
I read explanations on forums as to why CY may not have called it the daddy doll, but, it doesn't add up that she would so readily call the brown pony-tailed doll, the mommy doll and yet not refer to the other (female) doll as daddy - if she saw him doing it.

I think the DT just used 'he' and it really meant nothing. They said they do not know who murdered Michelle. It is logical to think it may be a man due to the injuries suffered so the DT used 'he' in a general term.

But doesnt that mean the DNA is a wash? It could have been placed there at a different time or it could have been placed there when she was killed?

I still believe Jayson did this but the balancing with one hand just doesnt make logical sense to me. I think he would be hitting her with both fists as hard as he could.

The ME testified that a blunt object was used and possibly the busted lip with either a object or fist!!

Why didn't he want to go there? That was a hanging pont from the last trial. I thought for sure it would be properly addressed this time.

IDK. From what I saw, and others may have saw it differently,
he just didn't want to go there.
The DT spent enough time on gas, calculations, mileage etc

I didn't see the first trial so I have nothing to compare it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong