Alternate (Non-POI) Theories

ADMIN NOTE:

Having trouble Dealing with Your Fellow Posters ?

The IGNORE list is your friend. Enter a user's name on your list, and that user's posts will be invisible to you.

This forum is open to all members. No one has dibs on threads.

If you can't get along with a fellow member, use the ignore feature, or simply keep on scrolling.

Thanks.

Bessie

ETA: Discussions about psychics and the paranormal are not allowed on WS.

The abductor was masked on a moonless night. The encounter lasted mere minutes. How was it determined by the two boys and LE that we are looking for a male? Could Jacobs abductor be a female with what sounds like a male voice?

wouldn't it be unusual for Parnell to be familiar with the backroads of St Josephs? It looks like he was from California. I wouldn't exclude him, I would put him farther down on my suspect list.

I still believe there was a pedo ring operating in the area using cb radio to communicate, tell others when there were children playing unsupervised and set up places and times to gather to share pictures. SJSU had a cb radio for their security guards, MF had one, Kevin had one. If you google CB radio dictionary, "lot lizard" was prostitute and "buffalo" was male prostitute. Maybe some LE participated.

wouldn't it be unusual for Parnell to be familiar with the backroads of St Josephs? It looks like he was from California. I wouldn't exclude him, I would put him farther down on my suspect list.

I still believe there was a pedo ring operating in the area using cb radio to communicate, tell others when there were children playing unsupervised and set up places and times to gather to share pictures. SJSU had a cb radio for their security guards, MF had one, Kevin had one. If you google CB radio dictionary, "lot lizard" was prostitute and "buffalo" was male prostitute. Maybe some LE participated.

Reverend Parnell may have been ready to give up his life to become a monk at the abbey. When he couldn't find the abbey he ends up lost on the dead end road in St. Joe imo.

Mickleham, again, you are a fresh and valuable presence here, thanks!

1. In retrospect, do you recall MF grooming any of the boys, or do you feel you were all groomed to some extent? Or is it more accurate to say that even after everything that's happened you really can't recall anything untoward about his behavior? I don't feel I was groomed in anyway, and I can't recall that anyone else was being groomed either. In retrospect there where a couple of things that where weird but at the time no one thought so.

2. I have reached out to people in trouble with the law before, in part because I feel its our heritage as Americans to stick up for the essential presumption of innocence until proven guilty; and also in part because it's incumbent in my beliefs to defend the weak and offer a hand to those in serious trouble, even if the trouble is their own fault (call that my spiritual side if you like). So, with my self-righteous introduction in place I would like to ask why you re-established contact with MF after he was a known sex offender? Not really relevant to the case, but I don't mind sharing. MF never harmed me in anyway, and although I deplore his act's, I decided that he had held up his end of society's bargain, and did his "time". I was not worried that MF would harm me and all my interactions with him where great. I knew he was a "spiritual" person, and thought (wrongly of course) that maybe he truly was repentant and there would be no further issues. As an aside, when I reacquainted myself with MF I was going to school to be a Police Officer (I finished school and "skills" but life has taken me in a different direction and I have no LE affiliation), that never seemed to make him nervous in any visible way.

I guess I'll say this..........as a society we have to deal with these offenders when they are released whether we like it or not. In my case because I had had a friendship with him, I rekindled it. I won't be doing that in the future.

Fascinating stuff. Really. Thanks again.

Do you see MF's talent-scout-type work as a vehicle to satiate a sexual need or is that going too far? I think it was an opportunity to "scout" future victims. Certainly after the fact I can see how he groomed some of his most recent victims, though again at the time it didn't occur to me.

Did MF have business partners that you noticed? He sold his company to a friend after his latest conviction, but I didn't know any of his business dealings. Regular friends that you knew? I was not friends with any of his friends. I mainly saw him on "set" when doing extra work, the occasional lunch when I would pick up my check. Or anyone who repeatedly seemed to be hanging around? Nope.

I don't know how anyone could hear that MF was on Jacob's very tiny, obscure and hidden street that night and not immediately assume involvement in this case. Let me share a crude analogy a cop-friend of mine once gave me: if there is one dog in the room and some missing dog food in the room, what is the easiest and obvious explanation?

So I agree with your hypothetical as a potential explanation here. We've had this come up recently from someone else on WS that it may have been technically possible to overhear the conversation. I hope we can explore this further. I do to. I would really like to know what his alibi is and when it was checked out. Was it checked out during that first week or only after he was convicted of his first sex crime. Is it 100% or only more than likely true. Could he have a 100% alibi for the actual abduction (as in he was at in the house speaking to the parents of the kid he dropped off in Kiwi Court), but still could of helped in someway (making an auto patch call, or standing as a lookout at tom thumb).

Lot lizard are the women working truck stops. Toledo Five is a major one

The abductor was masked on a moonless night. The encounter lasted mere minutes. How was it determined by the two boys and LE that we are looking for a male? Could Jacobs abductor be a female with what sounds like a male voice?

Females just don't commit many crimes period.

The few crimes they do commit tend to be centered on drugs and money and any female violence is almost always aimed at husbands/boy friends.

But if you can find females who you think might fit as Jacob's abductor, please offer them for our consideration.
I think Kevin is the key to solving this

Why exactly?

There are so many things that could further this case. Kevin, print field photos, MF alibi, DAH whereabouts that night, LE searching DR's property that night....

Aren't you fairly local? I'll set up the website for you if you'll be the local contact.....the police will make public whatever the public demands they make public.

MICKLEHAM is red
777 is blue

I don't feel I was groomed in anyway, and I can't recall that anyone else was being groomed either. In retrospect there where a couple of things that where weird but at the time no one thought so.

Many thanks.
You are a valued resource here and we have a lot to learn from you I think.
Even this tidbit is possibly helpful for Jacob - maybe his abductor was someone in his life or with some kind of contact with him who no one suspected as a sex offender, just as you had no suspicions.

2. I have reached out to people in trouble with the law before, in part because I feel its our heritage as Americans to stick up for the essential presumption of innocence until proven guilty; and also in part because it's incumbent in my beliefs to defend the weak and offer a hand to those in serious trouble, even if the trouble is their own fault (call that my spiritual side if you like). So, with my self-righteous introduction in place I would like to ask why you re-established contact with MF after he was a known sex offender? Not really relevant to the case, but I don't mind sharing. MF never harmed me in anyway, and although I deplore his act's, I decided that he had held up his end of society's bargain, and did his "time". I was not worried that MF would harm me and all my interactions with him where great. I knew he was a "spiritual" person, and thought (wrongly of course) that maybe he truly was repentant and there would be no further issues. As an aside, when I reacquainted myself with MF I was going to school to be a Police Officer (I finished school and "skills" but life has taken me in a different direction and I have no LE affiliation), that never seemed to make him nervous in any visible way.

Thanks for this.
You're right - you don't have to share personal details here.
But in this case it IS appreciated - and it might be more relevant than you realize.

Helping us understand how you interacted with MF before and after his crimes were known helps us understand more about Jacob's abductor.
We can understand better about MF-type sex criminals with your help, which may help us with Jacob.
We can also understand something of the people AROUND sex criminals with your help, since you yourself chose to be around MF.

....its very possible that someone with a story similar to yours was or is in contact with Jacob's abductor. IF we know a bit more about your interactions with MF it might spark a note of recognition in someone who -perhaps unknowingly- has had interactions with a sex offender. Your story with MF is very valueable - including your own thoughts and motivations, if you are comfortable.

I guess I'll say this..........as a society we have to deal with these offenders when they are released whether we like it or not. In my case because I had had a friendship with him, I rekindled it. I won't be doing that in the future.

I appreciate your good-hearted effort to give someone a chance.
There could be someone who took a similarly kind approach with Jacob's abductor: we might try to find.

MICKELHAM is red
777 is black and then becomes blue

Do you see MF's talent-scout-type work as a vehicle to satiate a sexual need or is that going too far? I think it was an opportunity to "scout" future victims. Certainly after the fact I can see how he groomed some of his most recent victims, though again at the time it didn't occur to me.

Really amazing, thanks again.
Did you have any insight, hints, knowledge, jokes, rumors about MF's sex life, his sexuality, his dating?

Did MF have business partners that you noticed? He sold his company to a friend after his latest conviction, but I didn't know any of his business dealings. Regular friends that you knew? I was not friends with any of his friends. I mainly saw him on "set" when doing extra work, the occasional lunch when I would pick up my check.Or anyone who repeatedly seemed to be hanging around? Nope

Ok, thanks.
Please remember that anything you can think of may be valuable even if it doesn't seem that way.
Especially relevant might be hearing of anyone around MF (besides young men and boys....)

I don't know how anyone could hear that MF was on Jacob's very tiny, obscure and hidden street that night and not immediately assume involvement in this case. Let me share a crude analogy a cop-friend of mine once gave me: if there is one dog in the room and some missing dog food in the room, what is the easiest and obvious explanation?

So I agree with your hypothetical as a potential explanation here. We've had this come up recently from someone else on WS that it may have been technically possible to overhear the conversation. I hope we can explore this further. I do to. I would really like to know what his alibi is and when it was checked out. Was it checked out during that first week or only after he was convicted of his first sex crime. Is it 100% or only more than likely true. Could he have a 100% alibi for the actual abduction (as in he was at in the house speaking to the parents of the kid he dropped off in Kiwi Court), but still could of helped in someway (making an auto patch call, or standing as a lookout at tom thumb).

• Jared's abductor has some kind of unusual radio device in his car, according to Jared.
  • Kevin is a radio enthusiast.
  • The 'Medical Cop' is in some kind of cop-like-car....with a radio?
  • MF is in to radios, you reveal.
  • other radio activity in the area?

...and YES, I agree, it is very important to know if MF's alibi was discovered and verified during the first days in late 1989....or when exactly?
...btw, why would anyone have any reason to even talk to MF in 1989 or verify his alibi????

Did you have any insight, hints, knowledge, jokes, rumors about MF's sex life, his sexuality, his dating? He sent out a bi-monthly email updating his "friends" on what was going on in his life, inviting everyone to events he was leading. For a while he was offering $1000 to anyone setting him up on a date that would lead to a relationship lasting 6 months. MF was gay and he embraced that and wasn't ashamed of that at all (at least in public). From an email sent to his list:

"Made the News! I rode my motorcycle up to Duluth Superior Pride with my friend ******** for what I thought was going to be a nice, quiet event… alas, someone was there harassing the parade goers and using the bible AND a bullhorn to publically espouse some very non-Christ like (and not very nice in general) beliefs. As a deeply spiritual man myself, I realize you can’t argue with ignorance, but I wasn’t going to sit there and listen… so I merely rode my bike over to him, backed my pipes into his face and sat there for 20 minutes smoking my cigar and revving my pipes every time he started trying to talk. The crowd cheered, many came over to personally thank me and one even bought me a drink!. It was VERY effective and I had more fun than I could have imagined possible! And then the news camera shows up and caught it all on tape…. For your amusement: http://www.fox21online.com/news/duluth-superior-glbta-pride-celebration-overtakes-tower-ave
Health wise I'm working on losing a few pounds that have crept back on over the last few years... tho I'm still at my same pant size (which was a more important goal than pounds). My hair is still growing and much to the chagrin of my barber, still uncut. (but my DUDE sweater just arrived in the mail yesterday, so it's perfect!). I've got another month or so and my hair should be long enough to donate to Locks for Love, then I'm getting shaved bald (just im time for winter -what's wrong with that picture?) My friend ******** has me back out on the Racquetball courts AND I actually joined the YMCA… so anytime anyone wants to hit the courts, workout machines or swimming pool (or some cool classes!) please give me a buzz! I made it to the State Fair, ValleyFair and the Renaissance Festival (all in the same weekend!). My friend ******* got me horseback riding (that was a BLAST!) and I already renewed my membership next year for the Boat Club AND Valley Fair... and while fall is here, it's still great boating weather, so let me know if you're interested in getting on the water any Monday thru Thursday! "

The above link is not working.

Jared's abductor has some kind of unusual radio device in his car, according to Jared.
  • Kevin is a radio enthusiast.
  • The 'Medical Cop' is in some kind of cop-like-car....with a radio?
  • MF is in to radios, you reveal.
  • other radio activity in the area?

...and YES, I agree, it is very important to know if MF's alibi was discovered and verified during the first days in late 1989....or when exactly?
...btw, why would anyone have any reason to even talk to MF in 1989 or verify his alibi????
I have always had the same question......when was he first asked and what was his answer.

I do not know if any LE interviewed him.

There is this email that a webmaster received on his website from an anonymous source (email address was blacked out, a good copy of the email is on the website):

Posted on June 26, 2012

Topics: Jacob Wetterling, Matthew Feeney

The night Jacob was taken I was returning from a Youth Group event and dropping off XXXXXX (who lived across from the Wetterlings) so we were by the 7-11 and drove down the Wetterling road within an hour (if not minutes) of the actual abduction. – Matthew Feeney (October 26, 2010)

(Visited 108 times, 1 visits today)

I do not know if any LE interviewed him.

There is this email that a webmaster received on his website:

Posted on June 26, 2012

Topics: Jacob Wetterling, Matthew Feeney

The night Jacob was taken I was returning from a Youth Group event and dropping off XXXXXX (who lived across from the Wetterlings) so we were by the 7-11 and drove down the Wetterling road within an hour (if not minutes) of the actual abduction. – Matthew Feeney (October 26, 2010)

(Visited 108 times, 1 visits today)

Which matches perfectly with the weird 'medical cop' sitting in the parking lot just minutes after the abduction.
I'd love to know how/why LE was able to 'clear' Feeney. Seems to be too many odd coincidences with him in the area, on Jacob's actual street at the time of the abduction, has radios in his car, his perverted history, etc.

let me clarify my post above. it appears to be an email that was sent to the anonymous source from Feeney himself. The copy of the actual email from Feeney was forwarded to Behind the Pine Curtain website. My link will show you a copy of the original email.

the site is owned by someone who was molested by a priest living at St John's in Collegeville. He wants to expose the dark secrets of the Abbey. I think this email was added to the site because Feeney was a layperson who worked for the Abbey.

Per website: "Webmaster’s Note: Matthew Feeney is a graduate of Saint John’s University and former youth minister at Saint Joseph Church in Saint Joseph, Minnesota."
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/matthew-feeney-pleads-not-guilty-video/

Mickelham, it looks like you were lucky you got away

Matthew Feeney Pleads Not Guilty (Video)

Posted on October 19, 2012

Topics: Matthew Feeney

[Webmaster’s Note: Matthew Feeney is a graduate of Saint John’s University and former youth minister at Saint Joseph Church in Saint Joseph, Minnesota.]
STILLWATER, Minn. (KMSP) – Not guilty!

That’s a how a local talent agent pleaded Thursday morning to charges he molested two brothers who wanted to be actors.

Matthew Feeney is charged with criminal sexual conduct, accused of enticing the teenage boys to his home with movies, video games and paid acting jobs.

Also revealed in court Thursday: prosecutors hope to include evidence of four other times Feeney was accused of molesting boys — three cases in Minnesota from the 1990s and one from 2010 in Massachusetts.

Feeney’s attorneys will fight to keep the jury from hearing about those other accusations.

Read more: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/19864776/matthew-feeney-pleads-not-guilty
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/matthew-feeney-pleads-not-guilty-video/

Yes, I would agree with the bolded part. I posted his name in here because I think he should be borne in mind when we're discussing alternative theories of the crime, but I don't consider him anything like the most likely suspect. Minnesota is far from Parnell's known stamping grounds, so even though he was a nomadic type who feasibly could have wandered that far from home, its not terribly likely.

I agree on the possibility of Feeney, he was so involved with youth groups and kids in the St. Joe area. It would be interesting to find out how he was cleared twice by LE.

Here’s another contender for possible POI. Meemken was a Stearns County sergeant (possibly only a deputy back in 1989). He has multiple convictions for *advertiser censored*, pedophilia, etc. (see article linked below) Meemken is 45 now, so you may think he’s too young to have been involved in Jacob’s abduction. He would have been the same age as Kevin in 1989.

Judge sentences Meemken to prison
Former Stearns County sheriff’s Sgt. Phil Meemken has been sentenced to two years in prison after admitting that he violated the terms of his probation from a sex offense conviction.

Meemken, 45, was using marijuana and methamphetamine, failed to complete sex offender treatment, possessed *advertiser censored* and failed to keep in contact with his probation agent, according to court records. He had been on probation since June 2012, when he was sentenced after pleading guilty to one count of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of providing alcohol to a minor.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2015/09/04/judge-sentences-meemken-prison/71717450/

I agree on the possibility of Feeney, he was so involved with youth groups and kids in the St. Joe area. It would be interesting to find out how he was cleared twice by LE.

Here’s another contender for possible POI. Meemken was a Stearns County sergeant (possibly only a deputy back in 1989). He has multiple convictions for *advertiser censored*, pedophilia, etc. (see article linked below) Meemken is 45 now, so you may think he’s too young to have been involved in Jacob’s abduction. He would have been the same age as Kevin in 1989.

Judge sentences Meemken to prison
Former Stearns County sheriff’s Sgt. Phil Meemken has been sentenced to two years in prison after admitting that he violated the terms of his probation from a sex offense conviction.

Meemken, 45, was using marijuana and methamphetamine, failed to complete sex offender treatment, possessed *advertiser censored* and failed to keep in contact with his probation agent, according to court records. He had been on probation since June 2012, when he was sentenced after pleading guilty to one count of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of providing alcohol to a minor.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2015/09/04/judge-sentences-meemken-prison/71717450/

His use of methamphetamines could tie him to an abduction and murder. Has he been investigated in regards to the Wetterling case? Like has Aaron and Trevor ever been called in to vet this one?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back