Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the press conference, someone asked the sheriff if the reverse ransom played a role in recovering Sherri. He flat-out said, "No." Thought that was interesting.

I think LE wants to nip in the bud any other people who will take negotiations into their own hands, outside of LE. They do not want to encourage this in any way whatsoever, in my opinion.

jmopinion

[video=cnn;us/2016/11/25/missing-jogger-found-california-sherri-papini-ekr-orig-vstop.cnn]
"Unusual case
Ransom kidnappings or abductions of adults -- especially involving female perpetrators -- are unusual in the United States, according to CNN legal analyst Danny Cevallos.
"The facts as they are being relayed to us now, this is a very, very rare case," he told CNN Friday.
Investigators will "have a lot of questions for this victim and, if she spent 21 days with her abductors, I think we can expect that she must have some more information about them that we just don't know yet," Cevallos said."

I'm very disappointed in the lack of details. Seems to me there should be a crap load of information she could supply if she was actually abducted and if the sheriff also believed it then he should release as much to let the public assist. We know as much now as we have since nov 2

I think LE wants to nip in the bud any other people who will take negotiations into their own hands, outside of LE. They do not want to encourage this in any way whatsoever, in my opinion.

jmopinion

I agree. I think he was blunt because he wanted no one to think that that kind of action is helpful.

Saying 2 white women is NOT the same as saying 2 latinas in this racially charged climate of today. It's not the same at all. And if she knew they were Latina...she SAW them..so why not more of a description?? Before people come back with "maybe she just heard them talking" insinuating that she knew they were Latina from their accents, that's hardly enough to make the claim. Thousands of people can adopt a pretty good "latina" accent. Unless she SAW them, I don't think the Sheriff would have stated they were Latina.

I just want to know. How did they get her in the vehicle. And how did her phone drop.

Especially since she was supposedly jogging.

I feel terrible for Sherri and her family regardless of the circumstances of her disappearance. I remain open minded. Crazier stories have been proven to be true. Remember this one? https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...ns-20160801-snap-story,amp.html?client=safari

Also, someone suggested that because Nicholas Francisco (my former coworker) didn't get empathy Sherri doesn't deserve empathy if she voluntarily left. But there is one big difference. Sherri came back. Nicholas never did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to comment on the fact that N.F. was a co-worker of yours. I followed that story, as alot of us did.
Quite a surprise.
Did you, or co-workers ever have an inkling as to what he was up to, or his 'other' lifestyle?

*sorry don't mean to derail the main topic.

She disappeared from one location and found in another. Which LE agency is in charge of the investigation?

I believe the sheriff and DA said Shasta County would have jurisdiction since that was the location of the abduction.

Okay. The mods are lurking and it's too cold for a vacation. So I will wait for more updates of the who, when, how, and why, and where, and what for; Before diving in further.

Be careful folks.

From here on out anyone who mentions the skinhead site will receive a time out.

Until it is proven there is a connection between the site and Sharri there is no need to discuss this vile place

I just want to know. How did they get her in the vehicle. And how did her phone drop.

they had a gun and told her to drop her phone and get in the SUV??? came up behind her while she was jogging and listening to music and grabbed her, ripping her phone and earbuds out?? i'm hoping for answers, fingers crossed.

I believe the sheriff and DA said Shasta County would have jurisdiction since that was the location of the abduction.

Yes, the DA addressed this in the press conference yesterday. Location of abduction has jurisdiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the press conference again (taking in all of the nuances, wording, etc.) and have been reading all of the comments under multiple local news articles about sex trafficking in that area. I now believe there is a very real chance SP was abducted and asssulted. For all intents and purposes this looks like a massive hoax, but I am willing to take a breath and wait for more information to come out. I'm just glad she's safe. MOO.

I think they interrupted her at home. They were reportedly armed, so that could explain how they got her into the car. I presume they were disguised in some way in case they were seen at the house. As for the phone, Sherri could have been listening to music as she was wrapping gifts or whatever; I prefer to use earbuds when listening on my phone, as th sound quality is better. The abductors muscle her out the door and at some point pull her phone away and toss it.

And I also think she could have identified Latinas without getting a good look at them. I seriously doubt they ever revealed their full faces but even a partial face and/or speaking in Spanish could be clues. Yes, people can fake accents but that strikes me as far-fetched. Why bother if your victim can't see enough of you to make an ID?

I would also imagine they probably blindfolded her early on.

cluciano63 said:
I just can't understand a motive...to take someone and then return them.

Kidnapped her "thinking" she was younger than she looked (for trafficking purposes), and than ALL the publicity, ransom $$ for return - thought it would be better to just release her... just saw someone else mention this.... way behind on this thread!

Tynk said:
Agreed. It's scary to think people capable of what these "2 women" are accused of are just out there not being actively sought after. They haven't even bothered to say what direction they appeared to be going. There must be a lot LE isn't telling us.

But you don't know IF they (LE) are not actively seeking these two women out - as you say in your last sentence - LE isn't telling us....

Some of you posted other missing persons to follow - could you also add a link to those cases, Please! :)

Glad to hear Sherri is safe at home with her kids and husband.

I think they interrupted her at home. They were reportedly armed, so that could explain how they got her into the car. I presume they were disguised in some way in case they were seen at the house. As for the phone, Sherri could have been listening to music as she was wrapping gifts or whatever; I prefer to use earbuds when listening on my phone, as th sound quality is better. The abductors muscle her out the door and at some point pull her phone away and toss it.

And I also think she could have identified Latinas without getting a good look at them. I seriously doubt they ever revealed their full faces but even a partial face and/or speaking in Spanish could be clues. Yes, people can fake accents but that strikes me as far-fetched. Why bother if your victim can't see enough of you to make an ID?

I would also imagine they probably blindfolded her early on.

This is an interesting scenario that l hadn't thought of!

Why release her?
Think about it.
Armed kidnapping.

Do u risk releasing her and getting caught?
Do u release her for the money and risk getting. Caught?
The only way they can maybe get away is if she never saw them.
Most kidnappers do not release their victims
Jmo

Most don't release their victims. But some do. we have seen it happen before.

Especially when there are more than one perp involved.

They had her had gunpoint to make her get in the SUV and told her to drop the phone so she couldn't be traced.

That would mean taking her right on the road though.

Just a maybe.

This thread is now closed. New thread is open for posting folks. Please move on over to Thread #9.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member