Bosma Murder Trial 03.10.16 - Day 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree entirely. Also many young people do not watch news on TV or listen to radio news. They focus on what they're interested in via the internet.

This is the nature of the internet I think.. we google what we're interested in... the newspaper occurs as-is. We can't choose what we read in each section. So we may inadvertantly come across articles we wouldn't actually read if they weren't put in front of us.

Now I am more confused....lol... DM DID mention it to his uncle. :angel:

Haven't caught up on today's comment/posts here. Sorry if this has been suggested already about Maple Grove Rd. in Cambridge. Anyone local here? Could it be the storage place that DM was renting? MOO.

Added: I notice also NAPA Auto Parts is just off of Maple Grove Rd. Boxwood Dr.

I am local. SC Tweet referred to it as bungalow on Maple Grove and I took it that the van and truck drove around to the shed at the back. I don't know of any bungalows on Maple Grove--but could mean Old Maple Grove Road even. These are acreage properties so could easily be a shed. I don't believe anything like Napa or other industrial. Could be anyone, not necessarily nefarious. Also wondered if police officer used Maple Grove as a general term as there are several roads off it. It sounded to me as though they were shown photos. Perhaps a photo is forthcoming. Looking at the time stamp between when they left the hangar, stopped at the shed, and then returned to the hangar was pretty tight--like 15 min. which can be done so I'd assume fairly close to Fountain. Again, we shouldn't incriminate anyone for that. IMO

Call me crazy, but the first step of the process would be to NOT store barrels of oil and cans of gasoline in my future home. Just sayin'! MOO

Were the barrels coming or going? My first thought was I pictured body parts in the barrels. Anyone else picture that? He would have taken them to burn once he got his eliminator in 2012. (maybe a tad stinky)

I was under the same impression. Probably because of this tweet:

@Susan Clairmont
March 30, 2013 until after Millard's arrest, Hussey continues to discuss business plan with him.

I think that's because he was texting him not knowing he'd been arrested. I think the text was May 11.

Yeah right, he hadn't heard of the Bosma case by then. Seems a lot of Millard's pals didn't watch TV, listen to the radio or read the paper, because from May 6-10 this was BIG news in these parts. I think all these guys knew exactly what was going on and simply turned a blind eye.

I'm local and I didn't know all about it until a friend put it on Facebook on the 9/10th. Not all of us get a paper. So I disagree.

So we learn today that DM went to live with uncle RB for 2 years in his mid teens. Why? Is there some legitimate reason either mom or dad couldn't take care of him? Was he already exhibiting disturbing behavior at that age that caused neither of them to want to deal with him? One can only guess.

One can also only guess that dear uncle RB spotted something at a young age that caused him to purposefully distance himself from him. I'm roughly the same age as RB and when you get this old, and you've been paying attention to people's character, you see the red flags a mile away. Was he concerned about DM's influence on one or more of his own kids? Maybe. Perfectly normal parental concern. Although I suspect even though he may have spotted something "off" he never once imagined he'd turn out to be the person portrayed in the media. Or, heck, maybe he did? It's hard to say.

I think what matters most here, is that the one person who seems to know DM better than anyone, from childhood into his teen years anyway, seems to want ZERO contact with him. So, there was something going on with DM even as a kid, that seems to have set off a warning for RB.

100% speculation - based on all we know.

In regard to DM having lived with RB for 2 years in his mid teens, I don't think that is what was meant. It seems that RB may have assisted his sister in caring for/watching DM, perhaps babysitting at various times. MOO

SC: When Dellen was 3 to 15, spent lots of time with him because parents separated.

AC Blog: 11:58 AM
Millard's father Wayne Millard and Millard's mother Madeleine Burns separated for a time, Burns says. For "altruistic reasons," he says, he watched Millard from ages 15 to 17.

MH: As a kid after his parents split (Millard's mom is Burns's sister), Burns cared for Millard. Sporadically, from age 3 to 17.

AC in a newspaper article: Millard's father, Wayne Millard, and his mother, Madeleine Burns, separated for a time, Burns testified, saying that for "altruistic reasons" he took care of the man now accused of murder "sporadically" from ages 15 to 17.

AC Twitter: For "altruistic reasons," he says, he watched Millard from ages 15 to 17.

Shannon Martin: During a separation of Millard's parents, his uncle cared for Dellen when he was 15 to 17 years old, on and off #Bosma

Colin Butler: He said he watched Millard sporadically between the he's of 3 and 15 and that their relationship was distant

Lisa Hepfner: Burns says he helped care for nephew Dellen #Millard from toddler to teenager, when his parents Wayne #Millard and Madeleine Burns separated

If he listened to the radio at all, he would have known! There was no escaping SB's pleas and the media blitz around his disappearance! Even in a coffee shop, I heard about it, at Wal Mart in the line up, I heard it. It was plastered ALL over FB as well!! Sorry, I don't buy it unless he's a hermit with no social media devices!

As I posted already, I have to disagree. I'm very local to the airport area and I didn't know the story until a friend put it on Facebook the 9/10 because I don't watch news (too depressing) and I don't get a paper. Even then, when the friend posted the photo of the truck, it was about a family in Ancaster--one of her Dutch friends. At the time, we didn't even know he was dead, just that his car was missing. From the 6-10th, I don't believe we in the K-W area knew the connection to the area. The police were ahead but had not said anything about Millard air by that point. Don't know where this Hussey guy lives, but could be same story.

Agreed ... SS appeared to be completely subordinate to DM ... some personalities are like that , obedience without question , the military works the same way .... in a legitimate business we would call him a dedicated and loyal employee.

I guess it comes down to whether he was aware of what DM was really up to , or just turned a blind eye to things he considered none of his business.

He has never been charged with anything , he was retained as an employee and helped sell the hangar equipment and car collections etc . ... so I am going with "loyal employee"

IMO I think DM set himself up as the Godfather. They were gangsters in the making. Maybe going to make money burning bodies for others? Who knows. Just my opinion.

I mean no disrespect to Tim's memory, or to the grieving Bosma family, but it would be just like these two inept criminals to forget the human remains in the orange tarp, and have to turn around with a large trailer to go back and get them. You could not make this stuff up, as they say. IMO

I sure hope the remains weren't in the box that flew out of the truck!!

It's possible that in the sunrise, the colour, seen from a distance, was orange. Light could have reflected off the tarps to make them appear a different colour than they actually were. Think of Monet's Haystacks.

http://psych.ucalgary.ca/PACE/VA-Lab/colourperceptionweb/light.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haystacks_(Monet_series)

Wasn't it at sunset?

Possibly creating an access road to the drive shed the building permit was applied for. MOO

Around here some use them to level property, clear up pot holes especially if they want to drive their ATVs. He, on the other hand, could have done any number of things with it.

I was more inclined to think it was money he was going to pay MS for his deed.

By the time DM was seen going to the bank, it was May 10th, same day of his arrest, and the day after he had already hidden the truck, hidden the incinerator, hidden the toolbox, taken down the DVR and hidden that; he had already been paid a visit from police the day before, and he had fired AJ, presumably because SS told him he was thinking of calling CS. If DM knew all of this, wouldn't it kind of make sense if he took whatever cash he could get his hands on, so he could disappear for awhile until hopefully things blew over?

Even though he knew police were on to him, he was thinking there was no evidence.. he grabbed the incinerator receipt, the truck was gone from the hangar by the time they arrived, the incinerator was cleaned out, even if they DID find it amongst the trees, they thought they had cleaned the truck, even if it WAS found, he thought there was no video evidence, and that none of his friends would ever talk; his burner phone was history, no link to him being TB's caller; .. he prob thought LE did not have enough on him to make an arrest, and that they in fact never would have enough, and that if he took off for a bit, things might blow over. MOO

IMO I think DM set himself up as the Godfather. They were gangsters in the making. Maybe going to make money burning bodies for others? Who knows. Just my opinion.

That is an idea that I had also thrown out a thread or two ago. They must have had at least *some* underworld dealings and associates.. and getting forever rid of bodies has historically been a nagging issue, even for badguys like HAs and mafia. What a unique idea.. portable cremator.. got a body? NO PROBLEM! We come to YOU to take out your waste! All that is left is ashes, and a few bits of bones, not enough to get DNA from. Call us! Apparently to the time of his arrest, he could have used that service 3 times, just for himself. Imagine if he and his 'business' got known.. the charge would be substantial and enough to keep he and his 'entourage' well paid, and his side hobbies funded.

My empathetic nature thinks he's probably become very lonely and glad to see someone familiar. JMO

I might tend to agree with you, given his seemingly social personality, if it weren't for the 'smirking', and the eyeing someone all the way to or from the courtroom, and the staring at his co-accused while his co-accused's lawyer is speaking, and etc. It is much more than just happy to see people. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam