Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a nice conversation with the Detective handling Racheal's case. He thought it was well worth looking into, so I sent him the following:

"Dear Det. XXXX,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today regarding the possible match between your missing person's case for Racheal Hayson, and the Maricopa County Jane Doe out of Pinal County Arizona. Before I forward you the specifics of the case, I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the non-profit I work with.

I am a representative of xxxxxxxx, a non profit organization established to support families of the missing. We are a project of xxxxxxxxx. xxxxxx founded this special group that works with missing and unidentifieds all over the country. We partner with families and law enforcement and you can get a sense of this organization by going to view the website xxxxxxxxx. What you see on the website is simply the tip of the iceburg. We work with the xxxxxxx, we participate in the Department of Justice initiative to get the DNA of the missing into central databases, we keep stories alive in the media and we support law enforcement any way we can. We are foot soldiers.

On January 27, 1999 a young girl was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart in Casa Grande Arizona, an area known to be frequented by prostitutes. Some time later on interstate 10, mile marker 193, she exited the vehicle at 75 miles per hour and died a day later of her injuries. She had a tattoo of a blue heart on her chest, ears pierced multiple times and a belly button piercing. The other occupants of the vehicle were apprehended 20 miles away, and the driver of the vehicle was charged for failing to render aid. People in the vehicles following the Cadillac saw the girl hit the pavement and stopped to call 911. No one witnessed what caused her to exit the vehicle.

This case has generated a number of leads, as you can see when you bring up the case on the MedEx website. Various media reports gauge Jane Doe's height from 5'4"-5"7", and her age from 13-18.

Here is the link to the website for Susie Dodt, who is taking all information for possible ID:

here is a copy from the coroner's report of some Jane Doe's dentals:
Individual Case Report
Unidentified Deceased Reporting System
ME/C Contact InformationName:Suzi DodtAgency:Maricopa County Medical ExaminerPhone Number:602-372-1126E-mail Address:dodts@mail.maricopa.gov
Case InformationStatus:Unidentified
Case Number:99-0305NCIC
Number:N/A
Date Found:1999-01-26 00:00:00
Date Entered:2007-06-30 00:00:00
Date Modified:2008-01-22 08:31:00
GPS Found:N/A
Address Found:Interstate 10, milepost 173.5 eastboundAZ
Maricopa County
Demographics and CircumstancesEstimated Age:Adolescent
Minimum Age:13 years
Maximum Age:18 years
Race:WhiteEthnicity:N/A
Sex:Female
Weight (lbs.):120,
EstimatedHeight (inch):64,
MeasuredCondition:Recognizable Face
Probable Year of Death:1999
Est. Postmortem Interval:N/A Hours
DNA Profile Status:Complete - nucDNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD
Circumstances of Death:This young girl either fell, jumped, or was pushed from a moving vehicle. She died in the hospital a day later. The other(s) in the vehicle never came forward to ID her.
Body DetailsTattoos:blue heart tattoo on chest
Piercings:earring and a navel ring
Fingerprint ClassificationRTN/AN/AN/AN/AN/ALTN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Fingerprint CommentsN/A
Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Clothing With Body:unsure
Jewelry:yellow metal earring with clear stone, 2 yellow metal earrings with black stones, one white metal navel ring
Head Hair:sixteen inch long blonde hair with brown roots
Body Hair:xxxxxx
Facial Hair:light brown eyebrows
Eye Color:blue
Dental
Dental Summary: One or More Teeth Present, Upper Jaw Present, Lower Jaw Present
Upper Right12345678910111213141516Upper
LeftLower
RightLower
Left32313029282726252423222120191817
Dental Comments:3=O 14=O,L 18=M,O 19=O,D 30=O
Photos
Facial/Case ID

Jane Doe's clothing is either holdback information, or has been lost. There is a chance that Jane Doe was wearing a gold chain around her neck with a gold ring on it. The ring may have contained initials.

Please let me know if there are any further questions I can answer for you-I have included my contact information. If you could let me know either way regarding Racheal as a possibility, I would be very grateful so we can rule her out if need be.

Take care, stay safe and thank you for your time!!!
"

I had a nice conversation with the Detective handling Racheal's case. He thought it was well worth looking into, so I sent him the following:

"Dear Det. XXXX,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today regarding the possible match between your missing person's case for Racheal Hayson, and the Maricopa County Jane Doe out of Pinal County Arizona. Before I forward you the specifics of the case, I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the non-profit I work with.

I am a representative of xxxxxxxx, a non profit organization established to support families of the missing. We are a project of xxxxxxxxx. xxxxxx founded this special group that works with missing and unidentifieds all over the country. We partner with families and law enforcement and you can get a sense of this organization by going to view the website xxxxxxxxx. What you see on the website is simply the tip of the iceburg. We work with the xxxxxxx, we participate in the Department of Justice initiative to get the DNA of the missing into central databases, we keep stories alive in the media and we support law enforcement any way we can. We are foot soldiers.

On January 27, 1999 a young girl was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart in Casa Grande Arizona, an area known to be frequented by prostitutes. Some time later on interstate 10, mile marker 193, she exited the vehicle at 75 miles per hour and died a day later of her injuries. She had a tattoo of a blue heart on her chest, ears pierced multiple times and a belly button piercing. The other occupants of the vehicle were apprehended 20 miles away, and the driver of the vehicle was charged for failing to render aid. People in the vehicles following the Cadillac saw the girl hit the pavement and stopped to call 911. No one witnessed what caused her to exit the vehicle.

This case has generated a number of leads, as you can see when you bring up the case on the MedEx website. Various media reports gauge Jane Doe's height from 5'4"-5"7", and her age from 13-18.

Here is the link to the website for Susie Dodt, who is taking all information for possible ID:

Individual Case Report
ME/C Contact InformationName:Suzi DodtAgency:Maricopa County Medical ExaminerPhone Number:602-372-1126E-mail Address:dodts@mail.maricopa.gov
Maricopa County
Circumstances of Death:This young girl either fell, jumped, or was pushed from a moving vehicle. She died in the hospital a day later. The other(s) in the vehicle never came forward to ID her.
Fingerprint CommentsN/A
Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Jewelry:yellow metal earring with clear stone, 2 yellow metal earrings with black stones, one white metal navel ring
Body Hair:xxxxxxx
Dental
LeftLower
RightLower
Photos
Facial/Case ID

Jane Doe's clothing is either holdback information, or has been lost. There is a chance that Jane Doe was wearing a gold chain around her neck with a gold ring on it. The ring may have contained initials.

Please let me know if there are any further questions I can answer for you-I have included my contact information. If you could let me know either way regarding Racheal as a possibility, I would be very grateful so we can rule her out if need be.

Take care, stay safe and thank you for your time!!!"

Thank you for following up on this!

"Dear Det. XXXX,

Individual Case Report
Maricopa County
Fingerprint CommentsN/A
Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Body Hair:xxxxx
Dental
LeftLower
RightLower
Photos
Facial/Case ID

Take care, stay safe and thank you for your time!!!
"

This is sooo great!! Thank you!!

No worries...they should be able to tell pretty quickly from the dentals, as you guys mentioned before...Racheal had one other distinct feature when she went missing about her wisdom teeth, so between that and the gap....here's hoping it is a quick in or out!!!

Blah.. after reading these again (thanks for bumping, btw) they all pretty much tell us the same story, yet the information is so different. Was it eastbound or southbound? Was it milepost 173, 173.5 or 193? Was MJD already in the car when they picked LDJ up or were Alonzo and LDJ both in the car at the same time when they picked MJD up? This is getting frustrating. I really hope you get a response, believe09..

Praying for a response from LDJ, too!

The I-10 goes both east and south, depending on your perspective in Phoenix. The signs are always marked as the I-10 east or west, but the way the road curves, at some points it lies exactly north-south. If they were headed to Miami, they were on I-10 East, but while they were making their way through the city, they would have been heading south until they got out of the city.

On January 27, 1999 a young girl was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart in Casa Grande Arizona, an area known to be frequented by prostitutes. Some time later on interstate 10, mile marker 193, she exited the vehicle at 75 miles per hour and died a day later of her injuries.

I haven't been following this case as closely as any of you, but are you sure that she was picked up in Casa Grande? Casa Grande is southeast of Phoenix, about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson. I need to look at the mile markers the next time we head to Casa Grande and see where 193 (173?) is.

I thought that the AZ Republic article someone posted said that she was picked up at Ajax Mini-Mart on 23rd Street and Van Buren. This is in Phoenix (and the prostitute comment would make sense there, as Van Buren Street is a known prostitution center in Phoenix).

I think just typing errors. The article did say she was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart on E. Van Buren, and the other info from the medical examiner & other newspapers say she "exited" the car at milepost 173.

We MAY have a long wait for the police info & ring photos. I emailed Suzi Dodt today & she said it could take weeks or.. :eek: months.

Zanko, did you ever find out anything with Alonzo & his aliases that you are able to post?

I never found out if it was okay to post what I found. It is a matter of public record, so it should be okay. I don't want to divert the thread, in case it is not the correct Alonzo.

I entered Alonzo D. Fernandez in a database search. Alonzo Declaros Fernandez came back. (Yes, Declaros not Decarlos, but most likely a clerical error). He had numerous aliases and many offenses, mostly robbery and in Oregon. It also listed his "real name". Now, I wonder, how easy is it to be convicted of something under an alias name? Maybe the guy I found was using this other guy's name. I don't know what to do with the information. What does everyone else think?

Oh one more thing. This Alonzo is African American. Was there any information about the race of the Alonzo in the vehicle? Didn't he do a T.V. interview?

I never found out if it was okay to post what I found. It is a matter of public record, so it should be okay. I don't want to divert the thread, in case it is not the correct Alonzo.

I entered Alonzo D. Fernandez in a database search. Alonzo Declaros Fernandez came back. (Yes, Declaros not Decarlos, but most likely a clerical error). He had numerous aliases and many offenses, mostly robbery and in Oregon. It also listed his "real name". Now, I wonder, how easy is it to be convicted of something under an alias name? Maybe the guy I found was using this other guy's name. I don't know what to do with the information. What does everyone else think?

I haven't seen anything that indicates one way or another in terms of race...good question...this Alonso that you have found makes sense from earlier reports on the record this guy had...it was one of the reasons LE did not believe his story...

We MAY have a long wait for the police info & ring photos. I emailed Suzi Dodt today & she said it could take weeks or.. :eek: months.

Why? That is ridiculous! All they have to do is pull up a file and read it. Jeez. This is exactly why I don't want to put too much stock in this ring. Even if it does exist, it may not be the key we need. But this just bothers me sooooo much! I just don't feel Suzi is totally invested in this search.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Might depend on the database? How about sharing it via PM to anyone interested?

It should be fine to post Alonzo's info here - it's all a matter of public record. I only wonder how we can verify this is the MJD Alonzo???? Though I do believe it is.

VASHLEY - where is your LDJ located?

It should be fine to post Alonzo's info here - it's all a matter of public record. I only wonder how we can verify this is the MJD Alonzo???? Though I do believe it is.

VASHLEY - where is your LDJ located?

The LDJ I have contacted is located in Selah, WA. She said she was in Phoenix for a short period of time in 1999. What are the odds?

If it is a public record, I don't see why it wouldn't be okay to post it here, or at least via PM. After all, the only intent of providing that info would be in regards to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV