Virus Alerts?

Woe.be.gone

Reaction score
When on page 11 of this thread, I was about to post and my computer went haywire - said that a virous was attacking and attaching to my email. My system shut me down from there and I spent the next three hours sweeping my computer. I've never had this happen before.

I'm suspicious; something weird went on here with me anyway. FYI and please advise if anyone knows what may have happened. Thank you.

When on page 11 of this thread, I was about to post and my computer went haywire - said that a virous was attacking and attaching to my email. My system shut me down from there and I spent the next three hours sweeping my computer. I've never had this happen before.

I'm suspicious; something weird went on here with me anyway. FYI and please advise if anyone knows what may have happened. Thank you.

Yeah, my virus protection picked it up. Thankfully it did so before it could do anything. I lost the WS window and had to re-open it. But something did go down, no doubt!

I don't think it was a fluke. I thought so at first, so I didn't say anything. Now that you have posted that you had something happen to your pc, I'm going to say something. Very shortly after my post (#330) at 7:09 P.M. 10:09 P.M. Eastern) I got an alert from my anti virus software. Something was trying to insert itself in my system, but I think it got stopped by the shields. I don't know what happened, but I have a hinky feeling.

Regarding the virus thingy. Do we need to let the mods know? Has someone already done that?

I don't think it was a fluke. I thought so at first, so I didn't say anything. Now that you have posted that you had something happen to your pc, I'm going to say something. Very shortly after my post (#330) at 7:09 P.M. 10:09 P.M. Eastern) I got an alert from my anti virus software. Something was trying to insert itself in my system, but I think it got stopped by the shields. I don't know what happened, but I have a hinky feeling.

Did this happen when you were attempting to post on page 11 like Woe?

Did this happen when you were attempting to post on page 11 like Woe?

No, it alerted after I posted on pg. 14. I couldn't believe my eyes, b/c I just paid $300 for a tech to clean a nasty virus off our pc, that shut me down for awhile. It was a hard bugger to get rid of.

No, it alerted after I posted on pg. 14. I couldn't believe my eyes, b/c I just paid $300 for a tech to clean a nasty virus off our pc, that shut me down for awhile. It was a hard bugger to get rid of.

I didn't notice anything, but I had better run my virus scan. I hope everything is okay with your computer.

Just finished reading the thread. I could have been on page 14 too because it seems I put some thanks there. At least I did past page 11. I'll have to get some sleep now but thanks for your replies. It happened fast and I didn't come back until I swept my system which said 1 threat had been detected. What gives?

okay I posted on page 13 so it may be when I went to push quote on page 14 that all heck broke loose.

Regarding the virus thingy. Do we need to let the mods know? Has someone already done that?

I just went back and looked through pages 12-14 and I didn't notice any strange links or any code. I wonder why only certain people saw the threat? Maybe you all are using the same browser? I'm on the very latest version of Firefox and I have AVG anti-virus (wouldn't use anything else) been online since 1995, never had any viruses.
I find this very strange though and would love to know what's going on.

I just went back and looked through pages 12-14 and I didn't notice any strange links or any code. I wonder why only certain people saw the threat? Maybe you all are using the same browser? I'm on the very latest version of Firefox and I have AVG anti-virus (wouldn't use anything else) been online since 1995, never had any viruses.

I don't think the virus threat that some users experienced was from this site. My guess, it was coincidence.

I'm using a mac and I got this message twice. Once Thursday evening and again yesterday. Page 13 for me. Going to the link in the warning these are the two pages.

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=newadsresults.com&hl=en-us

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=AS:44042&hl=en-us

How weird, now I really wonder what's going on?
PS, I thought Macs didn't get viruses, is that just a myth?

Nope, we don't get viruses :) another reason to dump M$. I have popup blocker on as well as "re-direct" notice. Every once in a long while, I will get those silly M$ virus warnings and I just have to giggle to myself for the stupidity. Because Safari is now available to use on M$ these popups just happen regardless of the OS used.

This warning from yesterday wasn't a popup though. It actually was part of the window; not a new window either. I had to use my back button or click the ignore warning button on the message to get back to page 13 of this thread.

There has been an entire scan done on the server and there are no viruses here. We are checking everything, but it does not appear to be coming from this site.

There has been an entire scan done on the server and there are no viruses here. We are checking everything, but it does not appear to be coming from this site.

Thanks JBean, that's good to know......I just have to say that EYE is creeping me out, hopefully I'll get used to it.:chicken:

If anyone can get a screenshot of anything they are seeing, please do and send it to us. Maybe we can help point you in the right direction.

If anyone can get a screenshot of anything they are seeing, please do and send it to us. Maybe we can help point you in the right direction.

Screen shot didn't work for me but I was able to get to the page, learn more about, that I linked above. I have been on the google webmasters page to see exactly what and who newadresults dot com are and how they are associated with google. Still researching.

Screen shot didn't work for me but I was able to get to the page, learn more about, that I linked above. I have been on the google webmasters page to see exactly what and who newadresults dot com are and how they are associated with google. Still researching.

Perhaps browsers without were affected? I don't see ads when I browse. I have visited this site without on, and it is quite different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back