GUILTY AZ - Michael Marin charged with burning down his Phoenix mansion, 2009

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Arsonist dies shortly after getting guilty verdict
Published June 29, 2012
FoxNews.com

...In a scene captured on video, Michael Marin, 53, was clutching a bottle in hand as he stood in a Phoenix courtroom, waiting for a verdict in his arson case. As the verdict is announced, Marin is seen cupping his hands over his head, closing his eyes, and appearing to swallow something. Within minutes, he began convulsing and then collapsed on the Maricopa County courtroom floor. He was sent to the hospital and where he was later pronounced dead.

Although the video appeared to show Marin committing suicide, the cause of death won't be confirmed until a toxicology report is released in a few weeks....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/2...after-receiving-guilty-verdict/#ixzz1zMEQzaL7

Arsonist dies shortly after getting guilty verdict
Published June 29, 2012
FoxNews.com

...In a scene captured on video, Michael Marin, 53, was clutching a bottle in hand as he stood in a Phoenix courtroom, waiting for a verdict in his arson case. As the verdict is announced, Marin is seen cupping his hands over his head, closing his eyes, and appearing to swallow something. Within minutes, he began convulsing and then collapsed on the Maricopa County courtroom floor. He was sent to the hospital and where he was later pronounced dead.

Although the video appeared to show Marin committing suicide, the cause of death won't be confirmed until a toxicology report is released in a few weeks....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/2...after-receiving-guilty-verdict/#ixzz1zMEQzaL7

BBM

I think he should have gone with self-immolation instead of poison.

From the story - he emerged from the mansion he torched wearing......wait for it........SCUBA gear of course. Wonder why the police suspected him?

I'm Eumtionally Disturbed after watching that video. It sure looked to me like he was taking those pills and had it all planned out. Would like to learn more after the tox reports.

BBM

I think he should have gone with self-immolation instead of poison.

Admittedly I had to look up what that meant.;)

Were his Picasso's in the mansion? We know his wet suit scuba gear wasn't.:what:

I'm Eumtionally Disturbed after watching that video. It sure looked to me like he was taking those pills and had it all planned out. Would like to learn more after the tox reports.

BBM

:giggle:

I wonder what kind of pills he took?

Whatever it was, it was quick acting... how much you want to bet he took the Leonard Lake (a serial killer) way out: suicide by cyanide pill.

Fear of copycats?

Could be.

My husband speculated that it was cyanide, but we both agreed that would be really hard to get...and I don't know if it comes in pill forms.

Could be.

My husband speculated that it was cyanide, but we both agreed that would be really hard to get...and I don't know if it comes in pill forms.

It almost immediately causes convulsions and foaming at the mouth IIRC.

Maybe he OD'd on some kind of heart med? Guy was obviously truly disturbed. IMO

I want to know what he took too. How long after the ingestion did he collapse? Most oral meds take at least 20 minutes to get into the system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back