AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does not know which camera captured 5 individuals

They want tips specific to Isabel's disappearance.

Q: Do you have Isabel's father under surveillance and why?

A: I'm not at liberty to discuss the specifics of our investigation.

That is such an interesting question to ask. I'd like to know how it came about.

Q: How do you gauge your progress? We're hearing the investigation is still wide open.

A: The massive amount of lead sheets have come in. That's a start. We then narrow from there. Then check specific areas, water, washes, vacant homes, and homes where people were not home.

We've canvassed the 3 miles radius 5 times and I think we can say we've cleared that area.

Q: Speculation the family is involved since there was not an Amber Alert.

A: Strict criteria including vehicle needed for Amber Alert.

Q: Still providing security for the family?

A: We had LE presence at the home for a few days. 2 uniformed patrol officers there with marked units. They've since been reassigned. It was mostly because of all the media presence, but that has scaled down.

Two uniformed patrol officers who were watching the Celis home are not there anymore.

Family is still cooperating with us. We go to them with follow up questions and we are still working with each other.

We understand the frustration, we have it too, little sleep. Our goal is to bring Isabel home safely.

Next briefing tomorrow at 2 pm unless anything of significance comes up.

They are treating this with the goal of bringing Isabel home to family

Next presser 2 pm tomorrow, unless something significant comes in.

Well...if they don't suspect the family, they really aren't doing them any favors. If they thought they were innocent I would expect LE to come out and say that after seeing questions relating to suspecting the parents. And I would expect the family to be pissed that they aren't saying that.

Can someone please link the presser as soon as it is posted somewhere, thanks

They arent saying everything, no way they look in to Mexico just because Tucson is close, thats like looking for a needle in a haystack, if they are indeed looking at Mexico then they have reason to believe there is a legitimate connection and that being the case this opens up a whole new can of worms and it is not good news for the parents, it could very well indicate some sort of involvement with some very shady people.

A predator could easily have decided to and have taken Isabel across the border so he could have days to harm her without the whole AZ LE and FBI on his tail. There is a ton of surveillance at the border. I took the comment to mean they were working with border authorities as well as letting authorities in Mexico to BOLO for Isabel.

He speaks and looks a lot like my oldest son, second generation! I clearly hear a hispanic man when he speaks! My oldest child looks white until he starts speaking spanish, each child after my first got darker! There are many blue eyed mexican's!

The quotes are seriously messed up so I'm not sure if this is alwayslooking's post. But yes, you are certainly right. I know very Caucasian, pale, red=haired and blue-eyed Mexican nationals. There was a ton of immigration to Mexico over the centuries from Germany, France, Ireland, etc. But I do not at all hear a Hispanic man when he speaks. Not a bit.

I must be missing something because I do not hear the uncle saying anything in the past tense about Isabel in this video. I have seen quotes attributed to him that are in the past tense, but not on this video. Is there a video where he actually says "she was' this or that. A video showing where the 'past tense' quotes came from?

The video clip I linked to does not show him speaking about Isabel in the past tense. It is only part of the interview. But the article surrounding the clip describes the rest of the interview and includes the past-tense statements.

There was another clip, I think from yahoo, that someone posted and I re-linked to on a past thread, maybe thread 5 or 6, that included his full statement on video. But, I do not have the time to wade through and search.

Ok, just watched the video on my iPhone. My screen is small so I'm sure what I saw is the mysterious figure or not. Is it on the opposite side of the walkers in the upper corner?

I still can't see a person. I see movement, but whatever I'm watching looks IMOO to be quite small compared to the 5. :dunno:

Well...if they don't suspect the family, they really aren't doing them any favors. If they thought they were innocent I would expect LE to come out and say that after seeing questions relating to suspecting the parents. And I would expect the family to be pissed that they aren't saying that.

The general impression I gleaned was there aren't ruling anything out at this point, which usually means despite the numerous tips, there aren't any solid leads to go in one specific direction.

:(

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members