GUILTY DE - Dr. Caroline Ekong, 55, murdered in her Hockessin home, 14 Oct 2015

Indy Anna

Reaction score
[snipped]

HOCKESSIN, Del. (WPVI) -- A man described as having an "obsession" with a Delaware psychiatrist has been arrested and charged with her brutal murder inside her Hockessin home.

Twenty-one-year-old Christopher Frick, of Newark, is charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail in the death of 55-year-old Caroline Ekong.

http://6abc.com/news/police-suspect-in-psychiatrists-killing-was-obsessed/1032426/

[snipped]

Letters and emails show Christopher Frick plotted the assassination of a Hockessin psychiatrist, Dr. Caroline Ekong, for at least a year before stabbing her to death early Wednesday, authorities said Thursday.

Frick, 21, expressed his animus toward Ekong, 55, in a Nov. 22, 2014, Google review of a local mental health facility, in which he talked about being “imprisoned” against his will at the facility by Ekong.

[...]

Police said Ekong had no contact with Frick for three years and had no reason to believe he was plotting to kill her.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...t-in-delaware-psychiatrists-killing/73980366/

------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Frick hadn't even seen Dr. Ekong for 3 years but spent all that time plotting her murder. Smh

Not surprisingly, Dr. Ekong specialized in addiction psychiatry. Frick looks like a meth addict. He was 18 when he received counseling and was committed against his will, so he held a grudge and took it out on Dr. Ekong.

Most reviews of Dr. Ekong give a low rating, but I wonder if that is because Frick rated Dr. Ekong on all of the rating websites and maybe gave multiple reviews on some. On this website, there were 2 ratings -- one person gave her 5 stars while the other person (Frick?) gave her 1.5 stars:

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/drs/caroline_ekong/reviews.html

On the following website, there are again 2 ratings with a big gap. Patients on this website typed their opinions of Dr. Ekong in addition to giving a 1-5 star rating. The reviewer giving the one-star rating wrote from the perspective of a parent talking about a son who was treated by Dr. Ekong, but the reviewer could be Frick.

https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/31396/Dr-Caroline-Ekong-New+Castle-DE.html

[snipped]

Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, for example, commits almost 450 patients a year "and we have never had a patient come back looking for whoever committed them," Dubin said. "Usually when something like that happens there is something much more ill about the patient that you don't know when you admit them."

[....]

Frick wrote about his involuntary commitment to Rockford in an August 2014 letter to the editor published in The News Journal. He was 18 when he was committed, according to the letter.

"The staff framed me as suicidal, as well as everyone else I saw the night I was 'evaluated.' The commonplace involuntary commitment at Rockford Center is prominent because it is owned by the for-profit company Universal Health Services," the letter reads.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...laying-shock-industry-professionals/74082364/

Since Frick was 18 at the time he was committed to Rockford, would his parents have had anything to do with his committal? They were very fortunate that they weren't also victims since Frick went to his parents' house after killing Dr. Ekong and called 911 from there. Were there signs of mentally instability that his family missed?

Meth? His face looks like he picks at it while high...JMO

Meth? His face looks like he picks at it while high...JMO
Tex, please take a look at the photos showing "Meth's devastating effects" at the link below, particularly pictures #9, 19 and 36. The caption with #9 explains that people who use meth tend to get skin conditions such as acne, and then scabs from continuous picking. So, you would be right about him picking his face while high, but as for meth IDK. But, that's why I was thinking meth.

http://archive.wtsp.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=287517

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he was seeing Dr. Ekong for a drug addiction 3 years ago, I wonder why she determined he was suicidal since he seemed so adamant that he was not and held a grudge stemming from his brief institutionalization. Most people who are suicidal would be grateful to someone for getting them through such a rough period.

Wondering what Frick's mental evaluation will reveal.

Tex, please take a look at the photos showing "Meth's devastating effects" at the link below, particularly pictures #9, 19 and 36. The caption with #9 explains that people who use meth tend to get skin conditions such as acne, and then scabs from continuous picking. So, you would be right about him picking his face while high, but as for meth IDK. But, that's why I was thinking meth.

http://archive.wtsp.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=287517

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he was seeing Dr. Ekong for a drug addiction 3 years ago, I wonder why she determined he was suicidal since he seemed so adamant that he was not and held a grudge stemming from his brief institutionalization. Most people who are suicidal would be grateful to someone for getting them through such a rough period.

Wondering what Frick's mental evaluation will reveal.

I totally agree. I hired a young man a few years ago. After a few paychecks he looked like Frick. Sores on his face. Finally someone explained to me that he looked like a meth addict. That's what made me think meth too. Horrible drug

Hockessin doctor's killer pleads guilty - September 2016

Christopher Frick, 22, will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Dr. Caroline Ekong.

He pleaded guilty but mentally ill to first-degree murder in Superior Court Friday morning for stabbing Ekong in her Hockessin home last October. The charge of first-degree murder carries a mandatory life sentence.

Hockessin doctor remembered as her killer is sentenced - December 2016

Dr. Caroline Ekong was full of life in the months before her murder. She was newly married and ready to work less and spend more time with family and on nonprofit work, her daughter said.

Much of Friday's hearing focused on Ekong's legacy. Her family and friends packed the small courtroom.

Ekong was born in England, but lived much of her life in Nigeria. Her parents invested in her medical training so that she and her children could have a good life.

"Christopher Frick deprived her of that opportunity and flushed those resources through a toilet assembly comprised of wickedness, violence and hate," her husband, John Etim, said in a statement read by Jennings after he became too emotional to read on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back