Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great point. A large deposit may have been required. And if he paid cash, I don't understand why he would risk using his real name to log in. He could have called himself Johnny Denver and no one would have questioned it with cash. This just plays into my thought that he was really rather dumb about this this whole time.

They made a photocopy of his driver's license. 40 years ago you could stay in a hotel under an alias. No hotel anywhere will rent a room to you without an ID now days. And contrary to the popular belief of some here, fake IDs are expensive, and not easy to get. TC didn't have enough money for one, and probably didn't have the connections to get one anyway.

They made a photocopy of his driver's license. 40 years ago you could stay in a hotel under an alias. No hotel anywhere will rent a room to you without an ID now days. And contrary to the popular belief of some here, fake IDs are expensive, and not easy to get. TC didn't have enough money for one, and probably didn't have the connections to get one anyway.

I wonder if he started using an alias after that happened. I know celebs get away with using aliases at hotels, but I'm not sure how they get around that. Personally I never thought they had fake ids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;855464886490595328]https://twitter.com/WAAYTV/status/855464886490595328[/video]

HLN covering now. FBI at cabin live..

Arraingment changed to Monday.

Ok, I'm confused now. It's cancelled and now arraignment is Monday?

Going straight for federal charges I'm guessing?

The complacency of the community throughout this ordeal is very concerning. ET is a victim and I'm worried she will continue to be victimized by the whole system.
Is it possible Tc will post bail and be sitting at home on a monitor before any of this goes to trial?
I rarely follow cases through trial so am very uninformed on the process. I just cant help but worry for ET and how this will affect her.

JMO

Hopefully, the bail will be set very high and nobody will post it. Also, hopefully, if he does not plead guilty and this goes to a jury, the defense attorney will ask for a change of venue.

I knew he would be busted if he tried to pass ET off as a girlfriend/wife and not his daughter/granddaughter.

And that ridiculous story about being from Colorado and their house burning down. Man, that's a really great explanation for a 50 year old man with a distinct southern accent, in tow with a new wife 30+ years his junior, just leaving their burned out home to trek to a commune in Northern California.

What a dope.

Actually his story was believable enough, for people to give him money and free gas. His story isn't what got him caught. What got him caught is that he violated one of the basic rules of disappearing. You can't hide in a small town where everybody knows everybody, and everybody talks to everybody. Because if even one person in town learns the truth about you, everybody in town will find out. That is what happened to TC.

Feds taking over! Off to Sacramento!

Great news for federal prosecution vs. State.

Longer jail potential.and....

Back to watching.. He is in Sacramento.

...this am feds came in and took him.. Extradition no lpnger needed as feds have him

[video=twitter;855468761431801856]https://twitter.com/NC5/status/855468761431801856[/video]

I'm glad the Feds have him. Seems less messy. Jmo.

Hopefully, the bail will be set very high and nobody will post it. Also, hopefully, if he does not plead guilty and this goes to a jury, the defense attorney will ask for a change of venue.

Because he is such a flight risk, I doubt he will be given bond. IMO

I can't imagine what is going through ET's, JC's and his family's mind right now. This guy destroyed so much!

Re: the money -

I think he was broke...think about it. He has been on the move constantly for the better part of a month. Driving out of his way to avoid being seen (evidence of this is going to Guymon). All that driving costs gas.

Add in hotel rooms, camp fees, etc.

Then add in food. Say $20 a day for fast food....then add in various Walmart trips.

It all adds up. If he wasn't broke, then he certainly was close.

[video=twitter;855472506324627457]https://twitter.com/WSMV/status/855472506324627457[/video]

BBM

I'm thinking the opposite - the defense would want him tried where he has "support".

It took several hours, eight officers and a sniper to bring kidnapping suspect Tad Cummins into custody in Northern California.

Officers waited for hours in the cold for the pair to come outside.

Thomas and Cummins practically walked from the cabin into their patrol cars, but getting to that point was all part of a well thought-out tactical plan.

Officers knew Cummins had two guns with him. Both weapons were loaded.

The officers set up around 2 a.m. Thursday. The capture didn't happen until 9:30 a.m.

The plan was to have the man who owns the cabin drive past and honk his horn. The horn didn't work, so the man just kept driving back and forth down the road until it got Cummins' attention.

Cummins and Thomas came out twice to check things out.

Cummins reportedly had a cup of coffee in his hand and walked out by the creek wearing a big jacket.

Once officers made contact, Cummins surrendered without incident.

Officers said Thomas was highly emotional.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/3520776...icers-recount-taking-tad-cummins-into-custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401