2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Just heard on the local news that a hearing has been scheduled for January 3 at 1:30 p.m. to hear these motions.

Are they going to be able to argue all these motions in three hours? I better be able to get some live stream by then..

Are they going to be able to argue all these motions in three hours? I better be able to get some live stream by then..
I don't know, but it sure will be fun watching ICA squirm and make faces at the evil prosecution.

Yes, Stawberry, three minutes each motion would be generous. For edification today, and entertaintment...

watch what I jokingly refer to as Mrs. Linda Drane-Burdick mopping the floor with the defense silly motions. First, friend, sit your drink down!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5J_ObjkTw[/ame]

I love Mrs. Drane Burdick at this six minute mark, I think she sums up the entire case...
"It is a farce!"
"The defense efforts do not even come close to the legal requirements necessary for the court to even entertain the motions,
their motions are replete with errors from top to bottom, it is insufficient as a matter of law,
there has not even been a good faith effort, clearly, according to case law,
and the court should not even entertain the motion."

Guess what? Judge Strickland concurred.

I don't know, but it sure will be fun watching ICA squirm and make faces at the evil prosecution.

Oh I don't know that three hours will do, but HHJP has said on several occasions he is happy to work evenings! Mr. Ashton also - Mr. Baez and Mr. Mason - not so much....:croc:

Why even enter a motion regarding the kitchen knife? Why make any sort of a big deal about it? It's not something that the SA is going to wave around the courtroom making slashing motions with? Autopsy seemed to indicate that Caylee probably was not shot stabbed or subjected to trauma, nor was she dismembered. So the kitchen knife was simply in the car. Nothing more than evidence of KC's live out of her car lifestyle. The SA would not be calling much attention to it if any, simply because it is a lousy piece of evidence. It has no forensics. Was cleaned by CA so they might not have gotten the right one back, and there is no indication it was used in the crime? Attempting to do anything more than listing it on the list of things reported found in the car would be insane for the SA. It would be giving the defense a piece of dodgy evidence to grandstand over. Heck thinking on it some more I can't imagine why the defense would want it eliminated now? Having it used at trial would allow them some courtroom theatrics that they just will not be able to get from the more solid actual evidence?

Why even enter a motion regarding the kitchen knife? Why make any sort of a big deal about it? It's not something that the SA is going to wave around the courtroom making slashing motions with? Autopsy seemed to indicate that Caylee probably was not shot stabbed or subjected to trauma, nor was she dismembered. So the kitchen knife was simply in the car. Nothing more than evidence of KC's live out of her car lifestyle. The SA would not be calling much attention to it if any, simply because it is a lousy piece of evidence. It has no forensics. Was cleaned by CA so they might not have gotten the right one back, and there is no indication it was used in the crime? Attempting to do anything more than listing it on the list of things reported found in the car would be insane for the SA. It would be giving the defense a piece of dodgy evidence to grandstand over. Heck thinking on it some more I can't imagine why the defense would want it eliminated now? Having it used at trial would allow them some courtroom theatrics that they just will not be able to get from the more solid actual evidence?

ITA with everything you've said, faefrost. And on top of all that, I've always wondered how and who decided that was the exact knife that was the one in the car. As I understand it, it was one of a set of several, had been washed and put back in the drawer; how could anyone be certain it was even the same knife?

Because Casey told them something about the knife that would be detrimental to the case and he's scared the SA knows, too?

Because the knife was used for some unrelated nefarious deed and Baez doesn't want the SA to even go there?

Because Baez is desperate to win *something* so his girl will be proud of him once more?

Because "logical" isn't wired into Baez's mind?

ITA with everything you've said, faefrost. And on top of all that, I've always wondered how and who decided that was the exact knife that was the one in the car. As I understand it, it was one of a set of several, had been washed and put back in the drawer; how could anyone be certain it was even the same knife?

This was early in the investigation before LE became fully aware of some of CA's antics such as the dogs brush. Cindy said this was the knife. They took her word for it. There was never anything related to the kife that would have had them go back and re-examine it or the full set.

Maybe LE examined all of them and just returned all but the one which had the fabric pieces attached.

Because Casey told them something about the knife that would be detrimental to the case and he's scared the SA knows, too?

Because the knife was used for some unrelated nefarious deed and Baez doesn't want the SA to even go there?

Because Baez is desperate to win *something* so his girl will be proud of him once more?

Because "logical" isn't wired into Baez's mind?

because he's trying to draw attention away from something else?

Maybe LE examined all of them and just returned all but the one which had the fabric pieces attached.

This is what I am hoping. I can't believe LE would be stupid enough to just take Cindy Anthony at her word. I believe they took that whole dang drawer just in case. So why worry about a knife, then? It almost sounds like these motions are to try to draw out the prosecution to see what they have, you know, that mysterious stuff they aren't sharing with the defense for some nefarious reason *huge eyeroll*

Apparantly not. :coffeeup:

Against what's left of my better judgement...:rolleyes:

There's a new thread here moving from "General" discussion to a specific topic re: relevancy of Casey's Lies, Stealing & Social/Sex Life.

There's an invisible sign that only the mods can see over that thread that reads, "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here". :HBwhiteflag:

Will do what we can to sort this out. Just do your part to post w/ TOS in mind and keep the nightmare PG-rated. TIA.

In the most respectful manner, I read your post and broke out into song!!

"Because you're mine - I walk the line......":dance:

because he's trying to draw attention away from something else?

You could be so right - we do know Baez creates drama and lets off a few fireworks when he doesn't want us to notice the main act that is hiding behind the curtain.

Did we see any forensics come back indicating they found anything on the knife? I am pretty sure that we have all of the LE and prosecution forensic reports back. I don't think there are anymore hidden surprises in that regard, outside of some autopsy specifics such as photos. So if we have not found anything big about the knife in the document dumps, its probably nothing more than what it seems. just another piece of household junk that KC tossed in her car and couldn't be bothered to take out. Along with other stuff such as dirty laundry, shoes, household garbage and her daughters decomposing body.

I was googling for info on the knife when I came across this picture at http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey_Anthony_Documents_Nov_6_2009?Page=0

At first I thought it just looked like a regular knife from a steak knife set but then I looked at the scale below. It looks like that knife is about 16 inches long. That's no dinner or steak knife. (I measured mine and they're only 10 inches.) I do have a fancy carving set that's one large fork and one large knife ~ I'm wondering if this is the kind of "set" that the Anthony's knife came from and why they knew which knife (from the "set") was the exact one that was in the car.

This might answer that question but, in turn, presents a new one. What the heck was she doing with such a large knife like that in her car? She sure wasn't spreading any peanut butter and jelly on crackers for Caylee with that huge thing!!!! moo

Attachments

• Casey's Knife.jpg
    Casey's Knife.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 45
Yep, way to draw attention to the 'previously not' but now 'oh so' suspicious knife JOSE!

I was googling for info on the knife when I came across this picture at http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey_Anthony_Documents_Nov_6_2009?Page=0

At first I thought it just looked like a regular knife from a steak knife set but then I looked at the scale below. It looks like that knife is about 16 inches long. That's no dinner or steak knife. (I measured mine and they're only 10 inches.) I do have a fancy carving set that's one large fork and one large knife ~ I'm wondering if this is the kind of "set" that the Anthony's knife came from and why they knew which knife (from the "set") was the exact one that was in the car.

This might answer that question but, in turn, presents a new one. What the heck was she doing with such a large knife like that in her car? She sure wasn't spreading any peanut butter and jelly on crackers for Caylee with that huge thing!!!! moo

The scale on the ruler says it's 6 inches long. I'd say that knife is, at best, 10 inches.

If you look, that is a 6 inch ruler, I believe. Regular table knife.

Hinky's Discovery lists it as a dinner knife.

"OCSO property form for items recovered from car including mama doll, Dora backpack, dinner knife, blue plastic crate, KC’s black leather bag, Caylee’s toothbrush; and recovery of laptop and power cord, plastic clothes hangers (possibly from car) and “various papers”; trash bag from trunk – all recovered on 7/16/08 (230-231)"

Drat. It would have been so much more interesting had it been a machete.

The scale on the ruler says it's 6 inches long. I'd say that knife is, at best, 10 inches.

:blushing: OMGosh; I am so sorry! And guess what? I already had my cataract surgery done earlier this year. Guess those SmartLens they put in aren't so smart after all! :iamashamed: :blushing1:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back