Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy from Tx on phone . . . missing 2 year old child . . . morphs to protesters . . . the A family emotions. . . jurors who were not involved in the search . . . everyone deserves a fair trial . . . she thinks they can find impartial jurors.

I am convinced that there are 2 Jean Cs.

There is the daytime Jean C. - Pro Defense, cozy with the defense on IS.

Then there is the night Jean C. - Skeered of NG, and Pro Prosecution.

:giggle:

Wanda from Jennings OK said everyone knows about this case . . .

Aww... I loved Wanda the caller! She said Judge Perry could move this trial to Australia and someone would have heard about it. Wanda has 359 people in her town and everyone knows about this case! She was so sweet!

RK was out walking the neighborhoods and he checked meters that was well documented. There is nowhere to relieve himself except in the woods. they are standing @ the remains site . . . it was much more overgrown then . . . looked like the surface of the moon when they were done with it . . . it was absolutely ground zero for this case . . . what was here . . who put it here . . . kc was locked up since Oct 2008
One of the recent document dumps included the meter-reading chart map prepared by the prosecution showing each house Roy Kronk was at minute-by-minute during the days following the last time Caylee was seen alive by anyone besides Casey. Apparently the meter readings are electronically transmitted as they are taken i.e. the data is instantaneously entered into a database, including a tamper-proof timestamp.

Kronk is probably a jerk or else his ex's wouldn't hate him so much, but he didn't kill Caylee.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

Casey Jordan saying she meets people all the time who don't know about the case . . . Ryan asking move out of state? CJ saying quality of the voir dire . . . take time to make sure people are being sincere or trying to get on this jury . . there are people who don't watch tv . . . an impartial jury could be found.

Aww... I loved Wanda the caller! She said Judge Perry could move this trial to Australia and someone would have heard about it. Wanda has 359 people in her town and everyone knows about this case! She was so sweet!
Seriously, my sports fanatic brother-in-law could sit on the jury. He doesn't watch any newscasts or read any newspapers or magazines that aren't about sports. If you asked him who Casey Anthony was, he wouldn't know. If you showed him her picture and asked about her, he would probably just say that he thought she was pretty.

I'm sure there are PLENTY of people like that in Florida.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

CM saying how people unfairly pick on JB and him. :giggle:

They aren't on trial. People don't know their experience.

With all the talk about getting a fair jury it just makes me want to point out that IMHO if I were a juror it wouldn't matter what the media put out there. Some of the reports are biased towards Casey being treated unfairly or shed in an unbecoming light. Others are painting her as an evil monster. No matter how she's represented the facts remain the same and all will be brought to light at trial.
IMO the key is to find people who aren't stubborn minded to be jurors. If someone has convicted her already because of what they have read in the media they might be able to be swung the other way depending on what "amazing" testimony the DT has. On the other hand, someone who thinks she has been cast as a horrible person unfairly by the media might be convinced after hearing hard evidence that there's no way she could be found innocent. Like the previous caller from Oklahoma said "HHBP could move the trial to Australia and still find people who know about this case because of the media coverage", it doesn't matter where you get the jury from, what matters is the evidence that will be presented that can't be refuted. You can't refute that Casey didn't report Caylee missing. You can't refute that Casey lied time and time and time again. You can't refute the family dynamic and Casey's demeanor through all of this.
I just don't understand how the media is misrepresenting her if they're just getting the facts out there and publishing documents. It'll all be brought out at trial anyhow, what does it matter if someone knows about it ahead of time? KWIM?

Jean C interview w/CM . . . time when you were not involved in this case but watched it . . what did you see?
CM 1 sided abuse from news media attacking not just kc but also her lawyer . . they attacked her lawyer and it was wrong . . .
Im not getting paid . . .volunteered a lot time & $ in this case. . . . I belong to . . . come to the defense of laywers being unfairly attacked . . . ultimately we had a discussion and he asked me to help and here we are 800 hours later.

I am in the throws of considering retirement . . I will be 68 on my next birthday . . . needing help . . .I am not concerned about resume . . . it doesn't matter to me if high profile cases or not . .. I have several others back to back after this case. . . if I commit I am in . . . I will do it . . . it will cost a significant amount of money . . .it's had an impact on (my wife) . . . a lot of time, expense, commitment . . .we spent 3 week process deliberating . . .if you happen to lose . . which I don't want to happen . . . 10 - 15 years of your life

CM's wife lost friendships over this case. Some "Jackass" (quoting CM) tried to start a fight with him in a restaurant over this case.

:violin:

Jean saying CM wanted to give the defense some respect, because they aren't getting any.

:violin:

CM we have received criticism . . . some jackass tried to start a fight with me in some upscale restaurant . . just about this case . . I don't take kindly to that

I have really tried to give a benefit of doubt to In Session's reporting - but have now crossed over to where many of our other WSers are - the bias is just too in your face to ignore.

Jean C makes CM sound like a loving teddy bear of a man fighting for justice for mistreated and mis charged innocents.

He says only 'old war horse' attorneys know the fun of holding the cards close to your chest when you know that a witness is lying and being able to call them out on the stand.

Jean C asked if he was going to do that with this case, and he says 'what do you think?'

geesh

B&RBM: Yes ...

It is an "IN YOUR FACE" type bias that I see when I watch InSession ... that is pro-ICA and pro-A Family ...

And ... it should NOT be ignored !

:maddening:

Jean saying CM took on this case not because of kc but because of JB being treated unfairly . . . not getting respect . . . he is head of criminal defense lawyers there . . . he has had his own practice . . . he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody . . . he loves practicing law . . .tried to retire once but he loves it . . back at the same office he was in 38 year . . .

He and his wife have given up trips for this case (they love to travel) . . . CM's personality very serious, committed, real big issue w/media generally speaking . . . wanting someone to ask questions that are significant . . . "so did she do it?" is not the question he will answer.

Caller saying she has already made a decision that kc is guilty . . . talking head saying not that you can't find jurors that haven't heard of the case but ones who have not made up their mind.

I wonder if Jose had set that up in order to show that the area had already made it's mind up so he could use it somehow.

I think IS is making the most of what they have. The State is clearly taking the high road and steering clear of the media. This tactic says a great deal about their ethics and their confidence in their case.

Unfortunately, it leaves the DT a great deal of latitude to snatch up media appearances and in this case, with IS doing its best to ratchet up its viewership pre-trial, they were probably more than thrilled to have such an accommodating defense team willing to open their homes and share their opinions. If DT played by SA rules, they'd refuse interviews before trial so as not to sway potential jurors--and if SA played by DT rules, IMO, TruTV would be glad to have the SA on too.

(LOL CM now talking about rampant jealousy among other lawyers--oblique reference to two current media legal analysts who wanted to be on this team and were rejected so now they are being critical.)

CM saying at least 2 legal analysts are jealous that they are not on this case. :lol:

Hmmmm.... wonder who he is talking about? :waitasec:

CM saying kc can get a fair trial if they are very selective in the voir dire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members