CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On each side of Castaic road, between Ridge Route and Fantastic Lane, dozens and dozens of rigs stop to rest. I lost count, but saw at least 7 with purple cabs, just in the Google satellite view. This would be a convenient location to catch up with most of the truckers and to look at all of the purple cabs. Here's a link to the satellite snapshot: http://goo.gl/maps/Gs0mu
Keep on pressing on...

On each side of Castaic road, between Ridge Route and Fantastic Lane, dozens and dozens of rigs stop to rest. I lost count, but saw at least 7 with purple cabs, just in the Google satellite view. This would be a convenient location to catch up with most of the truckers and to look at all of the purple cabs. Here's a link to the satellite snapshot: http://goo.gl/maps/Gs0mu
Keep on pressing on...

I'm not going there. The cops will probably think I'm a "Lot Lizard." LOL j/k

does anyone know if Bryce was right or left handed?

Good question! That one might answer the different scent trail between two dogs... I can't believe I forgot to ask that one... :facepalm:

i was thinking of like, injury induced hand dominance, for lack of a better explanation, oh wait, like right or left brain contussion, and how direction of travel might be affected based on what the original dominance is

i was thinking of like, injury induced hand dominance, for lack of a better explanation, oh wait, like right or left brain contussion, and how direction of travel might be affected based on what the original dominance is

Well...I don't know if you already know this or not. Left handed people circle to the left and take the left trail at a T when they have a choice. Right handed people circle to the right and take the right trail at a T when they have a choice. It has to do with stride.

This might tell us which dog scent was the correct one.

yep...but I was theorizing the opposite, given the situation, in case the incident disrupted normalcy...
unless of course it was already affected by other forces

Well...I don't know if you already know this or not. Left handed people circle to the left and take the left trail at a T when they have a choice. Right handed people circle to the right and take the right trail at a T when they have a choice. It has to do with stride.

I learned that little tip when my FIL got Alzheimers. The home care nurse said if he escaped the house, to go to the right because he was right handed and he'd naturally head in that direction.

I had to look that one up - whew, the Google images! Made me chuckle, thanks for that :) :giggle:

LOL And this, out of a 63 year old grandma of 6 and great grandma of 1. Glad you enjoyed it. :D

It just would have been better had one set of dogs gone to both. Weird how none of them picked up both scents.

BL's father was probably on site prior to the second/third dog. Could the scent path leading out of the park area have been the father's scent and not BL's? TIA

Serious question: What if you have mixed dominance? I use my right hand for writing and do everything else left handed, from dialing a phone, to opening jars, to surfing, to working with wood. (I alternate with my mouse) What direction would someone like that be most likely to go?

A good update on Find Bryce page regarding action taken to make absolutely certain the look alike either was or was not Bryce.

Serious question: What if you have mixed dominance? I use my right hand for writing and do everything else left handed, from dialing a phone, to opening jars, to surfing, to working with wood. (I alternate with my mouse) What direction would someone like that be most likely to go?

I know nothing about tracking but I'm thinking you'd just wander off in a straight line...to Canada, the oceans or Mexico! Hiding head in shame, just noticed you asked a serious question. I'll let Tracker answer....

:facepalm:

I was just reading over at the Find Bryce FB page. It has me in tears. We've gotta find this guy. We have to keep him in our prayers and in our hearts. He needs to be found and brought home to his family. It seems like the whole state is looking for him. They've done a really good job of getting flyers out and getting the word out. God Bless them.

O/T ghostwheel, you may well be left dominant- were you possibly encouraged(forced) to learn to write with your left hand? That does & has happened in some societies.
IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member