State's Response to Order RE: Deposition Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here's what I am wondering and don't understand. When in court and cornered as to how much work had been done by the experts, JB responded 60% for most of them. Were those experts therefore paid 60% of the money they earned? Does that mean that JAC does not have to pay them at all, or has to pay them the remaining 40%? And how in the world are we ever going to find out how much of that $340,000 went directly into JB's pocket, over and above the salary he earned, and I use that term very loosely. I can't wait for HHBP to come down on his head.

I've been wondering the same thing myself! I think that we have a right to know, ESPECIALLY in light of what the defense has NOT done.

Hornsby said last night on Steph Watt's blogtalk show that he was surprised none of the media have asked for that to be unsealed.

It's high time someone did. We need a local pro-bono lawyer to write this up for us. :)

I agree!

Maybe get in touch via email with Kathi Bellich? I think there is someone around here who knows how to contact her. I am not a Florida resident and am steaming PO'D about this for you. What a waste, huge waste of taxpayers funds that could be towards something useful!! :furious:

I've been so ill that when I first read the response I don't think it really registered. So today I am getting caught up and am finding all this stuff thats got me hopping peeved! This defense team is there own worst enemy and are hell bent on running around like chickends with their heads cut off. If they would focus they may actually work.

Hopping peeved - I like that!! I'm so angry I'm bouncing off of my damn walls!

I - just - can't - believe - it!!!:furious:

Most of those depositions should/could have been completed a year ago. Maybe that's why Baez is always smirking - as in - wait until you see what I'm going to get the JAC to pay for!

I've been wondering the same thing myself! I think that we have a right to know, ESPECIALLY in light of what the defense has NOT done.

Hornsby said last night on Steph Watt's blogtalk show that he was surprised none of the media have asked for that to be unsealed.

It's high time someone did. We need a local pro-bono lawyer to write this up for us. :)

Wonder of rhornsby might consider it... he is also a Florida tax payer.

Defense turns in their deposition schedule

"The defense list has more than 40 witnesses including FBI agents, Casey's friends and family members and members of the Orange County Sheriff's Office."

http://www.wftv.com/news/23583153/detail.html

Well color me so surprised...KC's family members and friends remain undeposed by the defense. Like that was too hard for them to do whilst wasting all of that moolah in the meantime and filing misspelled boilerplate pulled straight off of the internet motions. Shocker.

I really want them to be in contempt of court so I can see Baez skulk away to jail with his toothbrush.

How is Casey being served by her defense team if so many of the witnesses that have not been deposed yet are the first responders like all the police and all of the LE who has worked on this murder case?

And all of Casey's friends including her boyfriend at the time of Caylee's murder still haven't been deposed either by the defense -- so how does that benefit Casey?

What did Casey's defense spend all of their past money on?

The bigger question is just what the heck has the "Dream Team" been doing beyond raising funds via blood money and spending it some unknown "expenses".

How, with this list is he going to even be able to face HHJP at the next hearing? I hope he doesn't give him the extensions he's asking for!!

Hopping peeved - I like that!! I'm so angry I'm bouncing off of my damn walls!

I - just - can't - believe - it!!!:furious:

Most of those depositions should/could have been completed a year ago. Maybe that's why Baez is always smirking - as in - wait until you see what I'm going to get the JAC to pay for!

That makes me, you and a whole bunch of us WS'ERS! (Not including all the others we don't know of!) I am just pining and waiting for HHJP to give it to them because I imagine he is very well aware of all of this. He is a stickler for judicial expediancy,economics and order. The big question is how much more will he take before he blows his judicial stack and smacks them a good one?! :gavel:

The bigger question is just what the heck has the "Dream Team" been doing beyond raising funds via blood money and spending it some unknown "expenses".

How, with this list is he going to even be able to face HHJP at the next hearing? I hope he doesn't give him the extensions he's asking for!!

LG after how HHJP made himself pretty clear from day one on how he wants things done, and given the fact that he has already put the defense on notice re: judicial economics, he and JAC will be going over it all with a "fine toothed comb" I just don't see him giving them extensions. Especially given the fact that the SAO seems to be meeting deadlines etc. & getting things done.

Apparently doing that many depositions back to back in that timeline is a huge undertaking, so HHJP probably will give them the extensions they've asked for because I suppose they must get done. But..how much longer is this kind of nonsense going to go on? And does this mean they want the SA's depositions of the same people (ca-ching!) before they actually do these depositions?

And that my dear is what the defense is banking and hoping for .... Why do you think Judge Perry is pushing to get this show on the road. The defense will repeatedly bring up on cross that the events they are testifying about happened years ago and they could be "mistaken" about their testimony.

You beat me to it, JSR! :D

I was just about to say....and that is exactly why nothing has been done before now. Stall....delay....stall....delay....

After looking at their depo schedule -

YES, I AM PO'D.....

Brian B? Debbi B? JP Chatt? Nathan L? the Grunds? and many more... so many that could and SHOULD have been done long ago. :furious::furious::furious:

Clearly, the taxpayers need an accounting of what they spent that $163,000 on. Because it SURE doesn't look like it was on this case.

Something tells me while all this lollygagging around is JB's idea of giving the state the Lee finger, I cannot help believe that CM Esquire might be behind it a bit, or at least egging JB on like someone on the playground double-dog daring somebody to do something stupid.

After blowing thourh $160K of the defendant's money with next to nothing to show for it, why would he even let JB order the most expensive item on the menu at the taxpayer's expense? Something tells me CM wants JB to tick off HHJP (like that acronym by the way and wish we had thought to use it on Strickland who deserves combat pay for dealing with the defense) as well as to incur the wrath of the JAC. If this expedites the investigation that is sure to being going on currently (as per our own RH) regarding past financial comportment in this case, and said investigation indicates malfeasance or misappropriation of funds in any way, then Mr. JB could very well find himself out of a trial and CM could calmly take over.

I've noticed that CM is quiet as a mouse in the courtroom when JB is making an idiot out of himself, but if it is something that would impact the defendant's actual case, he jumps up and says something. Likewise his comments and demeanor toward the press. There is something very lame duck about JB's strutting in the courtroom lately.

So perhaps it's a good thing that JB ordered the Surf 'N Turf first thing. It will make the JAC and HHJP look even closer at what was already spent and why. The defense is too short on deliverables to call attention to the lack thereof by ordering the high ticket items.

JAC - attention! - magnifying glasses out and forensic auditors to the front!

And transcripts DON'T come cheap. The cost will depend on who requested to take the depo. If it's a deposition the defense requested then they will have to pay for the transcription service in addition to the copy of the transcripts. Just a Copy (no transcription service) can be anywhere from $500-$1000 PER DEPOSITION!

If I was a tax payer I'd be pissed if this was a deposition taken a long time ago and wasn't bought until the tax payers had to foot the bill.

JSR and I are in total agreement, again. :) In fact, when I saw Hornsby's estimate of "$500 a pop", I thought...wow, he is being very conservative with that figure!

Depos are VERY, VERY expensive. And I can promise ya those of some of the big witnesses (J. Allen, Melich, Jesse Grund....just to name a few) will run at least double or triple that.

If I lived in Florida - I'd be pissed off, too. They waited for the taxpayers to foot the bill. I don't know what to tell ya to do. Bombard the JAC office with complaints? I dunno.

I will try get in touch with Hornsby and guide him to this link. Hopefully he can help offer some guidance, especially for you Floridians. :angel:

You beat me to it, JSR! :D

I was just about to say....and that is exactly why nothing has been done before now. Stall....delay....stall....delay....

Still in a state of disbelief - but what good is it doing except raising my BP probably to a scary number - LOL.

Hate to say this, but this case would never get to trial next May if is our dear JS was still rocking and ruling - he just wasn't tough enough on the Defense team. Clearly it doesn't do to believe people are inherently competent until proven otherwise.

Still in a state of disbelief - but what good is it doing except raising my BP probably to a scary number - LOL.

Hate to say this, but this case would never get to trial next May if is our dear JS was still rocking and ruling - he just wasn't tough enough on the Defense team. Clearly it doesn't do to believe people are inherently competent until proven otherwise.

ITA. Honestly, I think JS should have put the heat on the defense, especially in re. some of these depos long ago. JMHO

Something tells me while all this lollygagging around is JB's idea of giving the state the Lee finger, I cannot help believe that CM Esquire might be behind it a bit, or at least egging JB on like someone on the playground double-dog daring somebody to do something stupid.

After blowing thourh $160K of the defendant's money with next to nothing to show for it, why would he even let JB order the most expensive item on the menu at the taxpayer's expense? Something tells me CM wants JB to tick off HHJP (like that acronym by the way and wish we had thought to use it on Strickland who deserves combat pay for dealing with the defense) as well as to incur the wrath of the JAC. If this expedites the investigation that is sure to being going on currently (as per our own RH) regarding past financial comportment in this case, and said investigation indicates malfeasance or misappropriation of funds in any way, then Mr. JB could very well find himself out of a trial and CM could calmly take over.

I've noticed that CM is quiet as a mouse in the courtroom when JB is making an idiot out of himself, but if it is something that would impact the defendant's actual case, he jumps up and says something. Likewise his comments and demeanor toward the press. There is something very lame duck about JB's strutting in the courtroom lately.

So perhaps it's a good thing that JB ordered the Surf 'N Turf first thing. It will make the JAC and HHJP look even closer at what was already spent and why. The defense is too short on deliverables to call attention to the lack thereof by ordering the high ticket items.

JAC - attention! - magnifying glasses out and forensic auditors to the front!

I like the way you are thinking re: CM not saving Baez from himself.

I wondered several times as, like you say, CM sat there oh so quietly when Baez clearly was up to his knees in it. I thought - hey, aren't you the senior person on this "team"? Why aren't you at least giving him some kind of support to get him out of this mess he's making?

And Baez hasn't been as puffed up with self importance as he usually is. Interesting.....

So of your five paragraphs, I saw yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Bring it on, JAC!

I whistled real loud in Hornsby's direction. Hopefully, he will hear me.

I suspect with his press comments and the deposition list released at the last possible moment this afternoon, RH would be taking a peek on his own just out of curiosity - to see just how riled up the board is over these new developments.

RH loves a hot board! IMO

I whistled real loud in Hornsby's direction. Hopefully, he will hear me.

Good, thanks. I've been looking for that great post he made about an indigency case he himself tried and the scrutiny that the JAC gives to past expenditures. I can't find it, but maybe he would repost or tell his listeners around the campfire again that JB can be held accountable for letting $275K go up in smoke.

Good, thanks. I've been looking for that great post he made about an indigency case he himself tried and the scrutiny that the JAC gives to past expenditures. I can't find it, but maybe he would repost or tell his listeners around the campfire again that JB can be held accountable for letting $275K go up in smoke.

You're welcome, cecy. Yeah, this thread could certainly stand a 'telling stories 'round the campfire' atmosphere. I'll even bring the marshmallows. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46