FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully she is safe at a friends house, you would think she would have come home at dark, I wonder where she could be?

My grand daughter is 7 and this would Kill me!!!
My grand daughters best friend is a SOMER named for Susan Somers.........and is 7 also.
When it's dark and cold, I would think she would come home unless she fell asleep.
7 year olds play hide n seek and fall asleep.............
Hope and pray some one finds her.

Perhaps the blogger rec'd some other kind of alert from Twitter or something and was confused?

That would be my guess. Perhaps a friend that said it was an AMBER Alert. The "official" cell phone alerts that go out go through NCMEC. So it would be on their website before it went out. But there's nothing there yet.

Here is a snapshot showing the streets where A = Horton and B = Grace Elementary.... 2.2 miles:

Attachments

• Grace Elementary to Horton.jpg
    Grace Elementary to Horton.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 65
I don't know? The blogger stated they rec'd an Amber Alert on their phone.

Usually they send to at least the whole state, and I haven't gotten it on my phone.

Perhaps the blogger rec'd some other kind of alert from Twitter or something and was confused?

It's odd. The blogger said he/she received an Amber alert message on the answering machine at 3:15. I'm still not seeing an Amber Alert though. Does Florida have another type of alert? In Georgia we have a Levi alert.

Ok, if this is a bad area (according to previous posts by locals) why are these children walkng home from school by themselves???
I understand it was a group of kids but still.
My child is 11 and I would not even consider her walking home from school in our small community.

Here is a snapshot showing the streets where A = Horton and B = Grace Elementary.... 2.2 miles:

Thats a long ways, why weren't these children on a bus?? I would never allow my child{ Mine are all grown now} to walk that distance expecially as young as these children are!!

It's odd. The blogger said he/she received an Amber alert message on the answering machine at 3:15. I'm still not seeing an Amber Alert though. Does Florida have another type of alert? In Georgia we have a Levi alert.

That makes even less sense because she wasn't even reported missing until 6:30 pm. If the time is wrong, though, it could be one of those Reverse 911 things.

If u live within a mile of the school u walk here in florida. unless its changed.

Hopefully she is safe at a friends house, you would think she would have come home at dark, I wonder where she could be?

My daughters are now 18 and 20......but at 7 yrs old (still a baby to me!) I met them outside of school after being let out, and if they were going to a friends house, it was always pre-planned. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

There is no way I would allow a friend to come to our home without (especially at this young of an age) the parents knowing and giving permission. I guess I wasn't the most liberal parent.........

Debarry has become a VERY BUSY road in the past 10 yrs, as it cuts through from Kingsley to Wells rd, lots of traffic in that area, always....

The way this world is, I hate to let mine go to the mailbox. And, we live in a very small, low crime town. But, pervs are everywhere.
I'll just stick to my child thinking I'm annoying and over protective.
Safer that way. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member