GUILTY MD - Lisa Simmons, 43 Cumberland, 5 Sept 2013

sophclown

Reaction score
The Cumberland Police, with the assistance of the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation Unit (C3I), is investigating the disappearance of 43 year old Lisa Ann Simmons, of Browning Street in Cumberland.

On 09/09/2013 family members contacted the Cumberland Police to report Simmons as a missing person, stating that Simmons had not been seen or heard from since Thursday, 09/05/2013, when she was last seen at her place of employment, the downtown McDonald’s restaurant. Family members further added that it was unusual that Simmons would be gone this long a time without making contact with family or friends. Law enforcement is treating the disappearance as suspicious.

Simmons is described as a white female, approximately 5-00 to 5-02 in height, weighing approximately 100 to 110 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. There is no description of what type of clothing she may have been wearing. She does not own a vehicle and had no known form of transportation available to her.

Anyone with information about Simmons whereabouts is asked to contact the Cumberland Police, at 301-777-1600, or the C3I Unit at, 301-777-0326

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...4903390792.186358.271706545792&type=1&theater

CUMBERLAND, Md. - The Cumberland Police, along with the assistance of the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation Unit, is asking for the public's help in the disappearance of a Cumberland woman, which they are now calling suspicious.

Investigators say Lisa Ann Simmons, 43, was officially reported missing on Sept. 9, 2013. Simmons had not been seen or heard from since Thursday Sept. 5, 2013 when she was working at a local downtown McDonald's restaurant.

Family members told police it was unusual that Simmons would be gone and not contact family or friends. Law enforcement says they're treating the disappearance as suspicious.

Police say Simmons is described as a white female, about 5'-5'02" in height, weighing about 100 to 110 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. No description of what type of clothing she may have been wearing was provided. Police say she does not own a vehicle and had no known form of transportation available to her.

http://www.your4state.com/story/inv...man-suspicious/d/story/4JASEOS8V0SBNIEAcM2NRw

Does she have a boyfriend? Children? Not much there yet, but maybe more will come.

That article has an Aug 3 date at the top and no dates mentioned in it.There ARE more questions for sure. Where were her kids and why did nobody go to her house to look for her?? They are blaming the landlord, but if she was reported missing, why didn't the police or her family go there?

Lisa is getting very little media attention. Lisa has not been seen by anyone since the evening of Sept, 5, 2013. A neighbor heard arguing that evening between Lisa and her live in boyfriend. Lisa has two grown sons, her Mom and many friends that miss her and want her found. The boyfriend was arrested on Sept 11, 2013 in Martinsburg, W.V. and he remains in jail, with no bail.
;In the above link about Tammy Myerly of Hagerstown she was the last girlfriend of Lisa's boyfriend. Blood has been found at the home of Lisa on Sept. 11, 2013.

Candlelight and Prayer Vigil for Lisa Ann Simmons will be held on October 2, 2013
at 7 p.m. It will be held at the Liberty Square Stage on the Mall in downtown Cumberland, Maryland.

Candlelight vigil set for missing woman

CUMBERLAND — Former employees of the Joseph D. Brandenburg Center will hold a candlelight vigil for their co-worker, Lisa Simmons, who was reported missing from Cumberland since Sept. 5.

The vigil will take place Oct. 2 at 7 p.m. at the Liberty Street stage downtown. Some candles will be provided.

http://times-news.com/local/x862171165/News-Briefs-10-01-2013

CUMBERLAND — A 44-year-old city man was arrested Tuesday on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the Sept. 5 disappearance of 43-year-old Lisa Simmons, according to the C3I Unit.
The Browning Street resident who was last seen at her job at the downtown McDonald’s has not been found, police said.
Stephen George Schleuniger, of 27 Browning St., was jailed without bond Tuesday afternoon at the Allegany County Detention Center after he was taken into custody on a warrant that was issued Monday in district court.
Schleuniger was arrested at an undisclosed location in Berkeley County, W.Va., by the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Department, according to State’s Attorney Michael Twigg.
Schleuniger waived extradition and was returned to Allegany County immediately following the arrest, Twigg said.
Schleuniger was also charged with first- and second-degree assault and reckless endangerment.
According to the C3I Unit, Cumberland Police met with the family at Simmons’ Browning Street residence Sept. 10 as part of the investigation.
At that time, what was believed to be bloody footprints were discovered on the front porch leading from the residence.
Cumberland Police requested the assistance of the C3I Unit based on the suspicious nature of Simmons’ disappearance.
C3I detectives obtained a search warrant for the residence where they discovered an area of the rug in the front room that appeared to have been recently cleaned and was still wet.
A large stain on the underside of the rug and on the floor beneath the rug tested positive for the presence of blood.

http://m.times-news.com/CTN/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=TrKL43v6&full=true#

Please pray that Lisa will be found soon. Keep Lisa's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. They are devastated.

Interviews of neighbors and friends determined that there had been a physical confrontation between Schleuniger, who was Simmons live-in boyfriend, and Simmons soon after her arrival home from work on Sept. 5.
Neighbors heard Simmons yelling for help before becoming quiet.
They saw what they believed to be Schleuniger kicking, or “stomping,” something through the front window, according to C3I.
The blood stain was located in the same area where the confrontation occurred.

http://m.times-news.com/CTN/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=TrKL43v6&full=true#

I'd like to know if any of the neighbors happened to call LE. Sure doesn't sound like it.

It does not seem to me that anyone called the police. I really think that is SAD!!

What a terrible ending! Yea, I'm with you, why didn't the neighbors call when someone yelled "HELP!"? We as a society have got to start looking out for each e other other! Babies, teenagers, young adults, adults, and elderly... none are safe! All ages are targeted for one reason or another. But I know if someone yells HELP, I'm not turning my head the other way!!

I was a young teen, babysitting in the mountains, with the nearest neighbor about 2 miles away. I heard a 'woman' at the back door, scratching on the door, and yelling "HELP"... scared, I called the police, and then my Mom and Dad because they were closer than the police. It was some type of wild animal.. can't remember mountain lion, or similar and had I went out that door, it would have gotten me! If the light bulb at the door had been working, I'm sure the light would have scared it off. But upset me terribly!! Mom stayed on the phone with me, and Dad came up. I'll not forget how scared I was. But I also knew if someone needed help, then someone needed to come help them! It just wasn't going to be ME that night. ;)

And the neighbors didn't see him leave with the body?

And the neighbors didn't see him leave with the body?

How strange is it that they saw him kicking or stomping her and didn't call 911? Wow, I hope I don't have any neighbors like that.

It is sad that the neighbors could not pick up the phone and call 911. They possibly could have saved Lisa's life. Now, we do not even know where she is. I think SS, her murderer, should start talking and let LE know where Lisa's body is.

It does not seem to me that anyone called the police. I really think that is SAD!!

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!! They looked through the window and saw him stomping or kicking something, this after hearing her screams for help? What could those people have been thinking? :banghead:

This is a MONSTER!!!!!'

October 3, 2013
City man facing murder charge also eyed for 2010 death of woman
27-year-old Hagerstown victim is believed to be suspect’s ex-girlfriend

Jeffrey Alderton
Cumberland Times-News

CUMBERLAND — The city man charged this week in the apparent death of a city woman missing since Sept. 5 is the subject of an “active and open” investigation into the 2010 death of 27-year-old Tammy Myerly in Hagerstown.

Hagerstown Police Sgt. John Lehman said Thursday that the case “with Miss Myerly in our jurisdiction remains open and active, especially in light of the investigation in Cumberland on Mr. Schleuniger.”

Stephen George Schleuniger, 44, was arrested Tuesday in Berkeley County, W.Va., on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the disappearance of 43-year-old Lisa Simmons from her Browning Street residence. After she failed to return home from work as expected, she was reported missing by her family to the Cumberland Police Department.

Simmons’ body has not been found but police believe she was killed by Schleuniger at the Browning Street residence after the couple had argued.

READ MORE.......

http://times-news.com/latest_news/x...rder-charge-also-eyed-for-2010-death-of-woman

These neighbors should be ashamed, but something tells me they still see nothing wrong with what they did.
I once saw a man punch and slap a woman while walking and carrying grocery bags (she was). I pulled over and yelled at him and stop it and said I was calling 911. Neither of them looked at me and kept walking. I couldn't act like I didn't see it. I told the 911 dispatcher where they were and what they were wearing, but I also figured it had happened before and she would deny it. Made me mad and sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back