AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
14912502_BG1.jpg

19073463_BG2.jpg

http://www.wcax.com/story/14912502/vt-police-say-sketch-brings-tips-on-missing-pair

The sketch does not look exactly like Keyes, but is pretty close.

At the end of the news story there are 33 links to various news stories in the disappearance and search for Bill & Lorraine Currier.
http://www.wcax.com/story/19073463/investigators-have-suspect-in-murder-of-curriers

Outside DNA test ordered for missing Essex couple

Bill and Lorraine Currier vanished from their home on June 8 and police suspect foul play. Forensic evidence was collected from the couple's car and home. But now police want to subject the evidence to some sort of state-of-the-art testing performed at an out-of-state government lab.

Right now police aren't saying what's being tested. They say they'll share more information when the results come back in two to three weeks.

http://www.wcax.com/story/15112457/outside-dna-test-ordered-for-missing-essex-couple
The date of the above story was July 20, 2011. I wonder if they have asked the feds in Alaska for Keye's DNA profile?

Ohhh Carp ...

Police said the Curriers left work as usual on June 8, 2011, and vanished sometime arriving at their home at 8 Colbert St. in Essex Junction that night. Police, contacted by family members worried about the whereabouts of the couple the following day, went to the home and discovered evidence of a break-in. The couple’s car was found two days later in an apartment building’s parking lot less than a mile away.

According to Donovan’s motion filed Thursday, the targets of the 16 search warrants filed spanned an array of subjects including the Curriers’ home and car, and email accounts belonging to Bill Currier.

The most recent search warrant, filed with the court Dec. 27, 2011, was for a “controlled phone call,” six months after the couple’s disappearance.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...are-information-Currier-case?odyssey=nav|head

Was Keyes trying the same blackmail scam?

I bet there will be more. Most likely same MO. Robbery and/or credit card extortion, shoots victims, hides bodies, relaxes until next financial crisis.

Several things are disturbing, the first is that he is pretty *good* at targeting a random person and then disappearing without a trace. He is also good at hiding bodies. I shudder to think of how long he has been doing this.

I bet there will be more. Most likely same MO. Robbery and/or credit card extortion, shoots victims, hides bodies, relaxes until next financial crisis.

Several things are disturbing, the first is that he is pretty *good* at targeting a random person and then disappearing without a trace. He is also good at hiding bodies. I shudder to think of how long he has been doing this.

I agree. I wondered about the many missing woman cases in the Tacoma/BC/Seattle area. I also wondered if there is anyway to search for victims or the missing based upon hobbies. For exmaple, Keyes spent sometime doing marathons and was into the running "scene". Seems like that abruptly stopped at some point, just like it started. There were a lot of running shoes that started floating to the surface in Candada awhile back. It would be interesting to see if anyone he befriended, dated, etc showed up missing. Also, I posted this way earlier...but..the night he got his DUI, I often wondered if maybe around that time he had his first vicitim. It would not be strange for him to kill the first time, get drunk to cope and act irrational or what not. Until you get "used" to killing I am sure the human mind is a mess with thoughts, etc. Maybe during that time a part of him wanted to get caught? I am also curious about the "maps" LE said they found with X marks the spot. I do think that is how they found Sam. IMOO.

But why tell the Feds in Alaska about the Currier's? The news stories make it sound like a confession just popped out of his mouth willy-nilly ... Nah I didn't kill Samantha Koenig, but I did kill two people in Vermont last year". :what:

But why tell the Feds in Alaska about the Currier's? The news stories make it sound like a confession just popped out of his mouth willy-nilly ... Nah I didn't kill Samantha Koenig, but I did kill two people in Vermont last year". :what:

Which states have the death penalty? He may confess to something in a non-death penalty state and plead not-guilty in one that has one? I do not think this man is stupid at all. I think he knows what he is doing and by the time all is said and done, there will be many, many victims...and he will have set things up to make sure he isn't executed, etc. I think he will slowly play out the cards in his deck. I think most methodical killers do this...?

We just really really don't have any clue who we see and interact with on a daily basis.. neighbors who seem to be so normal. So unassuming. .and my God even doing a background check would only show a dui ..i know plenty of people who made stupid choices and got a dui earlier in life but are truly the most upstanding citizens imaginable and ashamed of having a dui on their record..

My point is Keyes was so unassuming.. a good neighbor and no one had any clue of the monster he truly was.. its terrifying.

Coldpizza just informed me the the Currier's have their own thread here. Sorry I clogged up Sam's thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8171828&posted=1#post8171828

Nothing to be sorry about! It's interesting that a simple article linked the two crimes for us at WS. May have gone unnoticed. I do believe your sleuthing of Keyes was the earliest link as far as placing him in the area of the Curriers.

It really makes me wonder what his motivation was in both crimes?

Just so senseless.

Nothing to be sorry about! It's interesting that a simple article linked the two crimes for us at WS. May have gone unnoticed. I do believe your sleuthing of Keyes was the earliest link as far as placing him in the area of the Curriers.

It really makes me wonder what his motivation was in both crimes?

Just so senseless.

Thrill? Control? Power? Or money? It seems like he finds the value of a human life worth less than the amount he can get in a petty robbery. IMOO

Also...as he did travel the country quite a bit..are there any other cases like this where people vanish/forced to take out money from atm/etc...I was thinking about 2 cases where younger woman had minor car accidents and vanished in the north eastern states...I can't recall the cases...

We just really really don't have any clue who we see and interact with on a daily basis.. neighbors who seem to be so normal. So unassuming. .and my God even doing a background check would only show a dui ..i know plenty of people who made stupid choices and got a dui earlier in life but are truly the most upstanding citizens imaginable and ashamed of having a dui on their record..

My point is Keyes was so unassuming.. a good neighbor and no one had any clue of the monster he truly was.. its terrifying.

No Kidding!!! One very scary dude.

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Burgess set March 11, 2013 as Keyes’ trial date on charges of kidnapping resulting in death, receipt and possession of ransom money, and access device fraud. Keyes has pleaded not guilty on all counts.

Reminder of the trial date ...

No Kidding!!! One very scary dude.

Reminder of the trial date ...

Any chance he was using or was in possession of a credit card/atm card of the Curriers? Or applied for one in their names based on stolen information from the home invasion? Is that why this confession showed up in this case? Or was it announced whose card he was using duering Sam's missing person search?

So true! Not to get off topic, but years ago I was on a bowling team. There was a non-assuming type of guy on another team from a eastern bloc (at that time) country. A couple of years after I left the league, there was a woman murdered and dismembered, and found in bags in the river. Turns out the non-assuming guy from the league was the culprit. So to quote Rosanna Danna, "just goes to show you, you never know."

According to Donovan’s motion filed Thursday, the targets of the 16 search warrants filed spanned an array of subjects including the Curriers’ home and car, and email accounts belonging to Bill Currier.

The most recent search warrant, filed with the court Dec. 27, 2011, was for a “controlled phone call,” six months after the couple’s disappearance.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...yssey=nav|head

I'm not sure if there is any significance but maybe worth noting. Whatever this "controlled phone call" is, it took place in December six months after Bill & Lorraine disappeared. Sam was abducted February 1.

Anyone have thoughts on what exactly a "controlled phone call" is?

LucyOso, in all the reading I did yesterday, I found a story in which LE stated there was no activity on the Currier's bank accounts. Lorraine's wallet was taken, Bill's was found in the home. The warrants in the Currier case were unsealed, they should be published next week. Looking forward to reading them, as I think they may shed some light on Keye's motivations and on Sam's case as well.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...are-information-Currier-case?odyssey=nav|head

I'm not sure if there is any significance but maybe worth noting. Whatever this "controlled phone call" is, it took place in December six months after Bill & Lorraine disappeared. Sam was abducted February 1.

Anyone have thoughts on what exactly a "controlled phone call" is?

LucyOso, in all the reading I did yesterday, I found a story in which LE stated there was no activity on the Currier's bank accounts. Lorraine's wallet was taken, Bill's was found in the home. The warrants in the Currier case were unsealed, they should be published next week. Looking forward to reading them, as I think they may shed some light on Keye's motivations and on Sam's case as well.

Recorded phone call where LE gets someone to try to get incriminating statements.

Recorded phone call where LE gets someone to try to get incriminating statements.

So was Keyes a contractor or placed a bid to do construction work on the house that was demolished (that was later searched) and someone, like the homeowner, in Vermont, wondered about him?

http://www.wcax.com/story/19150460/how-murder-suspect-israel-keyes-is-linked-to-our-region

How murder suspect Israel Keyes is linked to our region

By Jennifer Reading

CONSTABLE, N.Y. -
Neighbors say no one has lived in the cabin at 511 Poplar Street in Constable, N.Y., for years.

"The Amish lived in there a few years ago and they didn't stay very long. It's very run down," said Megan Clookey, a neighbor.

"They had, I think, two kids and they were the only ones. I didn't know of anybody else who lived there," neighbor Willard Patnode said.

Nor have they met the man who owns the property.

"It's kind of weird because there are not too many people who are on this road and we usually know everybody," Clookey said...

more at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member