LA LA - Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, 32, Lafayette, 8 February 2013

GulfCoastKAT

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362253209.057533.jpg
If you know anything about Grebinger's whereabouts you are asked to call the Lafayette Sheriff's Office at 337-291-8600 or the Lafayette FBI at 337-233-2164

http://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-police-looking-for-missing-woman/?fullsite

Very short article with very little info from the article, I can't even tell if Crystal is from Lafayette or was just last seen there. She appears to have been missing for 3 weeks now.

It looks like she's at least originally from Acadiana area with Dupuis as her middle/maiden name. I'm from this area, and this a very common family name. There has been no mention until today on MSM.

Hey y'all ... Lafayette resident here :seeya: ... I'm seriously wondering why this woman's disappearance is just now being made public?? I'm a big fan of Lafayette LE but to risk 3 weeks of lead time before going public just does not make sense to me. Especially in a case where the woman is in a "separation" phase of her marriage which we are all aware can SOMETIMES be a dangerous phase if there is volatility in the relationship already.

There has been very little information released about this missing persons case. It's a bit worrisome since it hasn't been that long since Mickey Shunick's abduction and murder :eek:. I hope this is strictly some sort of marriage/divorce issue (and that Crystal is safe somewhere) and that we don't have another psycho on the loose here in Lafayette!!!

Hey y'all ... Lafayette resident here :seeya: ... I'm seriously wondering why this woman's disappearance is just now being made public?? I'm a big fan of Lafayette LE but to risk 3 weeks of lead time before going public just does not make sense to me. Especially in a case where the woman is in a "separation" phase of her marriage which we are all aware can SOMETIMES be a dangerous phase if there is volatility in the relationship already.

There has been very little information released about this missing persons case. It's a bit worrisome since it hasn't been that long since Mickey Shunick's abduction and murder :eek:. I hope this is strictly some sort of marriage/divorce issue (and that Crystal is safe somewhere) and that we don't have another psycho on the loose here in Lafayette!!!

I think part of it was her last known location which was a women's shelter according to FB comments on KATC I linked up thread. Maybe her family didn't realize she was no longer at the shelter? I hope that's the case more than I hope the public just wasn't notified until 3 weeks later.

It looks like she's at least originally from Acadiana area with Dupuis as her middle/maiden name. I'm from this area, and this a very common family name. There has been no mention until today on MSM.

I think she is from Breaux Bridge. I'm almost positive we went to HS together in the end 90's.

I think she is from Breaux Bridge. I'm almost positive we went to HS together in the end 90's.
Wow GCK ... small world huh?

ETA: so I wouldn't have to make a new post ... if she 'supposedly' left from a woman's shelter, were there ANY cameras in the area she could have been caught on??? We need more info from LE if they want the public's help.

Mahmoo, I guess your 'name' is a play the little town that has Fred's Lounge.
I hope the family contacts the Mickey Shunick organization to get info help.

Wow GCK ... small world huh?

ETA: so I wouldn't have to make a new post ... if she 'supposedly' left from a woman's shelter, were there ANY cameras in the area she could have been caught on??? We need more info from LE if they want the public's help.

Yes! Where is Cpl Paul Mouton when we need info? Hopefully we will see him soon with details and info about Crystal.

Mahmoo, I guess your 'name' is a play the little town that has Fred's Lounge.
I hope the family contacts the Mickey Shunick organization to get info help.
I know you'd think that huh lol. As fate would have it, the nick comes from my youngest (for some reason) during her "tender years" calling me mahmoo rather than mom, momma, mommy and referring to her dad as dadoo!!! The stars were aligned and the timing was just right I guess when I signed up on Websleuths ... first nickname I thought of was mahmoo roflmao. Lawd ... wish I had a dollar for every time I've wished I would have signed up with a different nickname lol.

I know you'd think that huh lol. As fate would have it, the nick comes from my youngest (for some reason) during her "tender years" calling me mahmoo rather than mom, momma, mommy and referring to her dad as dadoo!!! The stars were aligned and the timing was just right I guess when I signed up on Websleuths ... first nickname I thought of was mahmoo roflmao. Lawd ... wish I had a dollar for every time I've wished I would have signed up with a different nickname lol.

I like it. I like the story of the name and I like the small town with Fred's lounge. I was born there. :) I've lived in lots of small towns through out Acadiana and also in BR. I've lived in several that Bayou Teche runs through, too. :)

Not sure if this info is allowable mods? We consider bustedinacadiana MSM here though (sort of) lol. Delete if it's not kosher. bbm

According to reports, she was seen February 8 in Lafayette, Louisiana.
Grebinger last post, dated February 3rd on her Facebook page indicated she was, “learning to live happy being independent
Her favorite quotation on Facebook states, “I am blessed to have four great beautiful and loving children and I am living life independent and strong. Still sassy, sexy, and currently out of a long 16year marriage

Source

I really want a press conference or something. The family seems argumentative on Facebook. Frustrating to say the least. She had just set up a new Facebook. Was tryin to start a new life. I know we can't sleuth people not named in msm but seems she was trying to get away.

Mahmoo and gck, haven't seen y'all since Mickey. Hope y'all are both well.

Any locals have anything else on this? Seems as though there's very little in the MSM.

Mahmoo and gck, haven't seen y'all since Mickey. Hope y'all are both well.
:seeya: hi megmono ... I'm doing great and have been glued to the Arias trial like a soap opera junkie. Unfortunately, it seems we never have a shortage of cases to follow. I sure hope Crystal is found alive and soon.

http://www.15thjdc.org/uploads/DivH2713LafayetteRuleDocket.pdf
(bottom of page 12)

Appears Crystal had a case hearing scheduled on the court docket for Feb 7, 2013 (day before she was last seen) that appears to be regarding a Protective Order contempt charge against her spouse/ex-spouse.

There was also another hearing earlier in the year (Jan 17, 2013) for the same charge. Not sure if it's for a separate incident. The case# is the same but one of filing dates is different.
http://www.15thjdc.org/uploads/DivH11713LafayetteRuleDocket.pdf
(page 11)

Her spouse was arrested on Jan 7, 2013 for violation of protective order:
http://arre.st/LA-1000054549
http://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-parish-sheriff-s-office-daily-arrest-report-256756/
Was also arrested last year May 15, 2012 for violation of protective order:
http://www.lookwhogotbusted.com/lafayette-la/grebingersean-karl

I sent a private message to the fb administrator suggesting that they get help/advice from the Shunik family and national registries. Time is slipping by and I see no local news coverage. So, so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back