Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
happy_hour_logo_cropped2.jpg

my-booze.jpg

Have a drink my friends. It's five o'clock somewhere. Scotch anyone?

I have BOXES of Chantix that I am afraid to take because of stories like this!!! I used to take Ambien until I did some stuff on my computer like uploading pics to facebook that I TOTALLY did not remember until days later when I saw them on my desktop......:eek:
I have a fear of driving down the road nekked ... so I'm skeered to take the Chantix.... :floorlaugh:

Then i wont tell you what i did on Chantix. At least what i was told I did since i have no memory of it :frown:

Sigh....:wink: I know it is frustrating and infuriating. I have no words for that jury, I refuse to bash Judge Perry for dealing with a monster of a trial that was sucking Florida tax payers dry for YEARS during a horrible recession, and again he was not "bending over backwards" to avoid appeals. It is at the very essence of his job to protect our constitution, the constitution of the state of Florida, and the defendants constitutional and due process rights. This is why the victim tends to get lost in the mix and defense teams seem to get away with (and they did!) a ton of tomfoolery at trial. This goes on across our nation every single day, this case is not the first and won't be the last like it. We just got to see it play out because of the television cameras. Oj's trial had just as much if not more smarm, lies, and games played by the defense.

Our system is defendant centered not victim centered. (Harsh but true) It is there to make sure that innocent people are not convicted of crimes they did not commit (and MANY have been) and defense teams are smarmy and strategic in their ways. They take advantage of the fact that our system leans toward protecting the innocent, which until that verdict is in, is their client. Presumption of innocence is serious (just in case) and the state will always be playing the game with one hand behind their back while the defense puts on a show of smoke and mirrors.

Most of the time, the system works exactly the way it should, but like all things, it is imperfect. It by its very nature ensures that some guilty people will walk free to make sure that innocents are not being thrown in prison or dying by lethal injection. One innocent person rotting in jail, or god forbid, receiving the death penalty is too much. Some would say that one murderer walking free is too much. It depends on how you feel about it and which stance you take on those issues I guess.

As much as I HATE this verdict with all of my heart, I respect our system. I know that I wouldn't want to be accused of a crime and tried in China. I would want to be tried here, especially if I were innocent. So yes, she received a fair trial, maybe even a little too fair. That is the American Justice System. ( It was also to her great advantage that she is young, white, and "attractive." ) Gack!

That jury was the bottom of the barrel and that is not Judge Perry's fault, I hope those "jurors" can sleep at night, because their blatant apathy and ineptness is to blame in this travesty. 100%

I had to peek around the rock where I normally lurk to applaud you on this post, Spice. Are you sure you're not studying to be a lawyer? I am a lawyer, though not a criminal lawyer, and I couldn't have said it better. Bravo! Like you, I was heartbroken when that not guilty verdict was read. I cried, and some days, still get teary when I think about it. However, I still wouldn't want to be tried anywhere but the U.S. if I were accused of a crime.

I still think they never thought in a million years she would be acquited of all charges and that cashing in on how they avoided her getting the death penalty would lead to their fame and fortune.

So true I so agree with you.
CM wouldn't ave brought up the subject to plea during trial, if he thought she was going to get acquitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The trial of Casey Anthony pumped millions of dollars in to the Orlando economy. I have seen reports (linked to in previous posts) that claim the amount of income generated was that of hosting the Super Bowl once a week during the entire trial.

And I do own property in Orange County, pay property taxes there, and no, my taxes have not been raised in any way, shape, manner, or form due to the trial. FLORIDA does not have state income taxes.

Sorry, I am not buying it. Resources, Law enforcement, search efforts, money, security, and the courts were certainly tied up over the years and just to end up watching an obvious baby murderer and proven liar walk free. Casey and her pathological lying absolutely wasted a ton of time, money, and resources. All of this effort and hard work to essentially see a great travesty of justice take place.

If the county was "making so much money" off of this disaster of a case then why may I ask was the court under such severe budget constraints? Why is the state suing her for damages?

The only person on this planet that would downplay, be in denial, and gloat upon that would be Cindy herself. But what do I know? .

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

We go shrimpin down here all the time :)
We even have shrimp boots to wear when we do yard work!
Don't compare us to those juror's please!!!!

Oh, I wasn't and I'm sorry if it sounded that way Bayou! I was more responding to the other posters comment about the CSI effect and reality t.v. rot that may have contributed to the lack of critical thinking skills of that jury. No offense intended to fishermen of any kind.

Oh, I wasn't and I'm sorry if it sounded that way Bayou! I was more responding to the other posters comment about the CSI effect and reality t.v. rot that may have contributed to the lack of critical thinking skills of that jury. No offense intended to fishermen of any kind.

no offense taken, just letting you know we are all little Forest Gump's down here but not stupid juror's.

Carry on madam......your postings have been awesome today.

(by the way, I let everyone know all those drinks I served up are on your tab)...you can thank me later......:great:

RadcliffeAsDog1.png

OMG - Are you taking Chantix!? I never remembered dreams until I started that....and now even afterwards, I still "stay awake" with my dreams! And no, still smoking durn it!

As an aside - not as a response to this post - but where is that cartoon of a fisherman with a hook in his behind.....I'm wanting that right now :floorlaugh:

Also, didn't get seated on the jury today with State Court - I called in last night, and my number said not to come. One of my friends did though, and was excused........DUI case, she thinks she was let go as she has small children.

That's so weird..a Chantix commercial was on when this post just came into view.:crazy:

I had to peek around the rock where I normally lurk to applaud you on this post, Spice. Are you sure you're not studying to be a lawyer? I am a lawyer, though not a criminal lawyer, and I couldn't have said it better. Bravo! Like you, I was heartbroken when that not guilty verdict was read. I cried, and some days, still get teary when I think about it. However, I still wouldn't want to be tried anywhere but the U.S. if I were accused of a crime.

Awww thanks so much!! :blushing: I am studying to become a social worker and so far am loving the work. Believe it or not, law school was actually my first choice, due to my big fat mouth and inability to keep it shut in the face of injustice. Watching Ashton inspired me even more, he was just amazing to watch. He was masterful!

I still may pursue it. There is a grad school where I am that offers a dual degree: Some say law and social work go together like peanut butter and jelly, and I have to agree. You leave the program with a Masters in Social Work and Juris Doctor and I am definitely considering it. The only thing that would stop me is the fact that I am in my thirties and am no spring chicken. But you never know with me, I like to take on challenges.

no offense taken, just letting you know we are all little Forest Gump's down here but not stupid juror's.

Carry on madam......your postings have been awesome today.

(by the way, I let everyone know all those drinks I served up are on your tab)...you can thank me later......:great:

RadcliffeAsDog1.png

OMG that picture! I wish he would do regular "cameos" as the dog.

Sorry, I am not buying it. Resources, Law enforcement, search efforts, money, security, and the courts were certainly tied up over the years and just to let and obvious baby murderer and proven liar walk free. Casey and her pathological lying absolutely wasted a ton of time, money, and resources. That must be why the state is suing her for damages? All of this to essentially see a great travesty of justice take place.

If the county was "making so much money" off of this disaster of a case then why may I ask was the court under such severe budget constraints? Why is the state suing her for damages?

The only person on this planet that would downplay that and gloat upon it would be Cindy herself. But what do I know? .

I dunno but to my mind it is splitting hairs for them to say she didn't actually utter the words "go and search for my missing child" to Tim Miller and therefore she is not responsible for what they (and several thousand searchers) did to look for Caylee. She wanted to keep the Zenaida story going and prolong the search phase as long as possible until she came up with a more believable version.

I dunno but to my mind it is splitting hairs for them to say she didn't actually utter the words "go and search for my missing child" to Tim Miller and therefore she is not responsible for what they (and several thousand searchers) did to look for Caylee. She wanted to keep the Zenaida story going and prolong the search phase as long as possible until she came up with a more believable version.

And she certainly did not want them to find her body that early on or ever for that matter.

And Bayou the saturday night live dog picture has me ROFL right now.

Shout out to AZ Lawyer (if you are around).

If the Judge does not throw Tim Miller's case out, will it go to a jury trial?

Shout out to AZ Lawyer (if you are around).

If the Judge does not throw Tim Miller's case out, will it go to a jury trial?

Yes, and if it gets that far, hopefully TES will have the advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie